*1013: Go God Go XII*

Discuss new episodes without ruining them for people in other time zones.

Moderator: Big-Will

Mr. Blonde

Postby Mr. Blonde » Mon Nov 06, 2006 8:00 pm

im not too fussed on them doing another two part episode in the same season, but as recent episodes have proved sp can still push the boundaries. I loved the life of brian reference at the end haha so good to see they can maintain their level of parody (the shining/monty python/whatever time travel freezing movie the main theme rips lol)

im really interested in seeing the immediate aftermath of cartmans disappearance, i think a good start of the episode would be people's genuine reaction to cartman being presumed dead. After all the guys warring with him they must care right?

either way theyve only disappointed once this season, so im psyched.
cookie racism aside, i had bigger problems
Kyle the Skeptic

Postby Kyle the Skeptic » Mon Nov 06, 2006 8:51 pm

Episode 1013 will either make or break the last one. I'm just disappointed that they seemed to squander a number of opportunities with the lead-in.

I would be very surprised if they left Cartman stranded in the future. After all, we're talking about a show that typically sets things back to normal after something dramatic occurs. Although the possibility of the future plot being a dream does sound a little cliche, it would certainly explain why Cartman didn't wind up dead after freezing himself. (The only silver lining to Cartman being stuck in the future from this point on is that it could potentially lead to the other boys getting larger roles in upcoming episodes.)

I wonder what will happen with Richard Dawkins. I did notice that in episode 1012 he was actually portrayed as less aggressive and more tolerant than he is in real life. It was Ms. Garrison who went all out fundamentalist, after all, not Dawkins. Somehow though, I get the feeling that he'll be blamed for everything bad that happens anyway. :roll:

I really hope they don't drag it out for another episode. I'm a bit psyched over the possibility of a Christmas special this season. Those always have a good message in them, and it's been three years since the last one.
randyhart

Postby randyhart » Mon Nov 06, 2006 8:58 pm

Anyone who thinks He will stay in the future is goddam Retarded I enjoyed last weeks episode and this next one should be great I like Ms.Garrison storylines they are usually messed up and quite funny I can't understand.

Dawkins isn't tolorant because the people he talks to in religeous groups are worse and disagree with everything He says and I can see why Preists are shuddering at the thought of Gay people in heaven
Last edited by randyhart on Mon Nov 06, 2006 9:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
If you want Faith+1 go here:
viewtopic.php?f=22&t=19823&st=0&sk=t&sd=a

Dont ever leave me Jesus I couldnt stand to see you go
tdewey

Postby tdewey » Mon Nov 06, 2006 8:59 pm

randyhart wrote:Anyone who thinks He will stay in the future is goddam Retarded

I support this quote.
Soylent Green is People
Big-Will
Board Moderator

Postby Big-Will » Mon Nov 06, 2006 8:59 pm

Lest ep is scheduled for Nov. 22, so I don't see a Christmas ep. Maybe a Thanksgiving one though. :)
The South Park Scriptorium
The South Park Scriptorium on Facebook

Favorite Character: Butters
Need to look for something on the board? Use the search links below: US version
DevilAngel16

Postby DevilAngel16 » Mon Nov 06, 2006 9:02 pm

Part XII, huh? What's up with the random number? O_o

Can't wait for Wednesday! ^_^
Levani

Postby Levani » Mon Nov 06, 2006 9:13 pm

DevilAngel16 wrote:Part XII, huh? What's up with the random number? O_o

Can't wait for Wednesday! ^_^

they hate to be predictible so much that they dont even want someone guess the title,cause everyone was thinking it would be part 1 and episode would be like flashbacks,now we cant even guess what they are up to
Big-Will
Board Moderator

Postby Big-Will » Mon Nov 06, 2006 9:53 pm

No flame wars, please.
The South Park Scriptorium
The South Park Scriptorium on Facebook

Favorite Character: Butters
Need to look for something on the board? Use the search links below: US version
crazyQH

Postby crazyQH » Mon Nov 06, 2006 10:49 pm

Kyle the Skeptic wrote:
I really hope they don't drag it out for another episode. I'm a bit psyched over the possibility of a Christmas special this season. Those always have a good message in them, and it's been three years since the last one.

You mean two years right? Season eight had Woodland Critter Christmas.

But yes, I'd be sad if they dragged it out for another episode, but I really don't see that happening. I don't think they'd end season ten that way..

Although the possibility of it all being a dream would be a major cop out, I wouldn't be too disappointed if they managed to make 1013 good enough to redeem itself. It seems like so much is happening-and has to happen, in the next episode that it could either be a total success or a total disaster. We know Matt and Trey are capable of making unbelievably well thought out and intricate plots and have the episode be amazingly awesome (Just look at pretty much every episode this season), but it could just as easily swing the other way. I have faith in Matt and Trey, and I hope whatever they chose to do with this episode will be great.

I little offtopic, but I am also really looking forward to how Matt and Trey plan on ending this season. It's been amazing thus far, I hope they finish with a big finale.
Binsento

Postby Binsento » Mon Nov 06, 2006 11:05 pm

It will either be a dream and Cartman wakes up 2 minutes after the last time he checked his clock OR he uses the Nintendo WII to go back in time.

But for some reason i'm pretty sure it's the first option.
Nah Nah Nah Nah Nah Heh Heh Heh Heh Heh
Mr. Hat_DX27

Postby Mr. Hat_DX27 » Mon Nov 06, 2006 11:09 pm

I don’t totally get why it’s part XII (12)....it’s kinda confusing. Guess it has something to do with the whole, being in the future thing. I donno.
If you want me to do a signature for you, PLEASE READ THIS FIRST!
bulrog2004

Postby bulrog2004 » Mon Nov 06, 2006 11:10 pm

[quote="crazyQH":3e208]
I'm really interested to see how they manage to get Cartman back into his own time. I mean, he didn't actually travel through time, he just sort of waited out 500 years in an icecube. So, it's not like he took some sort of a machine that allows him to jump into different times or anything.
[/quote:3e208]

everybody knows that there's 2 time travel theories: spock and data.
tdewey

Postby tdewey » Mon Nov 06, 2006 11:16 pm

Mr. Hat_DX27 wrote:I don’t totally get why it’s part XII (12)....it’s kinda confusing. Guess it has something to do with the whole, being in the future thing. I donno.

Reference to Final Fantasy XII.
Soylent Green is People
iceiwynd

Postby iceiwynd » Tue Nov 07, 2006 12:30 am

Okay, um, for some reason my entire post on this thread was lifted off and made into a whole separate thread (effectively making me look even more like a stupid bitch than I already do to myself :B), so I'll just be copying and pasting the portion of said post that's related to this episode back on here:

As for the episode - wow. I'm still a bit out of it because I spent all last night waking up at random times and my mind created at least two different 1013 episodes for me, and I KNEW they weren't real but apparently my mind thought they were or something, so... Yeah, I just need to get the one I can remember out of my head and then I can go back to my normal fangirly self.

Honestly though, I'm still really not too happy about this being a two parter. We had the first one in seasons one-two, then season four, then season ten... Then season ten again? :| I just don't like that idea too much. Especially because the last one was totally amazing, there's no need for a new one so soon.

I DO want to see how they get Cartman back, though. I know some people on the last thread were saying how they were thinking it was a dream/hallucination or something, honest to god I hope it's not. Making the entire thing a dream is the mother of all cop-outs. They're better than that.

I do also hope that the whole thing isn't solely Cartman-based, though, either. I want to see the other boys and I hope to see a few flashes back to the past during this episode, too.

Basically... Yeah. I have no speculations. I just wanna see it 'cause I'm so damn confused. The success of the previous episode still rides on this one, I say, so... yeah. Here's to hoping it's damn good. (Also, I think XII is just a random number that they chose. I dunno.)

I'm also hoping that the last episode of the season is a boys-being-boys one, though. Just with all four boys in equal roles. ... And preferably a Christmas episode, too.
hainted

Postby hainted » Tue Nov 07, 2006 12:38 am

How come it isn't part Wii ? :lol:

Return to “Spoilers/New Episode Discussion”