*1013: Go God Go XII*

Discuss new episodes without ruining them for people in other time zones.

Moderator: Big-Will

TreynMattFan911

Postby TreynMattFan911 » Thu Nov 09, 2006 3:42 am

What (most likely 70s) TV show was the tune playing while Cartman was spinning around and time was passing by? My wife seems to think it was a show from the 70s or 80s.
You know that feeling when you just took a huge dump? .....Awesome
TouKz0420

Postby TouKz0420 » Thu Nov 09, 2006 3:42 am

An epic conclusion. And this opens up a nice opportunity for a running gag. Phone calls from the future bro? Nice.

Also, naming them Part II and Part XII they leave room to fill in the story, like Star Wars. They'll never do it. Just a thought.
Last edited by TouKz0420 on Thu Nov 09, 2006 3:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
EGEverGreen

Part 2

Postby EGEverGreen » Thu Nov 09, 2006 3:43 am

Yes, yes, thats it exactly. Richard Dawkins hates everyone who doesn't think like him and even without god there is still war. In the end there is no actual answers... Mabey the genius who came up with this idea should have watched more than 3 YouTube videos on Richard Dawkins?

1. Who, in all of time, has ever known for sure an exact answer to anything?

2. Who fights over names? That seems like it was just thrown in there to make a point. (A bad one at that)

3. 500 years later and without any help the world just accepted that answers cannot be found? Try a billion.

Funny as usual, but don't do it again.

Your opinions?
Last edited by EGEverGreen on Thu Nov 09, 2006 10:25 pm, edited 2 times in total.
triplemultiplex

Postby triplemultiplex » Thu Nov 09, 2006 3:44 am

And end to "isms"... hmm, a little weak. I did like the ending. Another one of those instance where Cartman comes this -> <- close to learning a lesson and then reverts back to his old self in time for the closing credits. I do find that funny.

As a whole, both parts were all right. They did better earlier this run, I think, but this was hardly something to be ashamed of. Each of these episodes had a moment defining how Cartman is such a selfish little assh*le. 1) Not caring that everyone he knows is long dead so long as he gets his precious video game. 2) Coming within a pussycat hair of learning from his mistakes but snapping back in to his warped reality before any actual humanity sinks in.

You read it! You can't unread it!
MonkeyFishFrog

Postby MonkeyFishFrog » Thu Nov 09, 2006 3:44 am

TreynMattFan911 wrote:What (most likely 70s) TV show was the tune playing while Cartman was spinning around and time was passing by? My wife seems to think it was a show from the 70s or 80s.

Buck Rogers. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g2I470eM5oc
"I just don't trust anything that bleeds for five days and doesn't die."
treefiddy_350

Postby treefiddy_350 » Thu Nov 09, 2006 3:45 am

Gotta be one of the top creative episodes in the series. I certainly can't wait for the Wii myself. The season finale should be good.
Member# 325291
EGEverGreen

Postby EGEverGreen » Thu Nov 09, 2006 3:48 am

I made a seperate topic on it. Proly shouldn't have but I felt it needed more space. Strange, it was rather short. Well, I'm sure to have a little fuss with a moderator about this one...

See the topic for my views on the episode. Not that you'll care.

Edit: Wow, they actually did it. Heh, gots to love those moderators.
Last edited by EGEverGreen on Thu Nov 09, 2006 10:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ugogo_uswimswim

Postby ugogo_uswimswim » Thu Nov 09, 2006 3:48 am

Yeah, I saw the episode going in a whole different directoin. I noticed they cut out quite a bit in the beginning. Actually, they cut out pretty much everything they built up in the end of Go God Go part II(If that's what they are still calling it) Why the otters wanted to kill him, what they were planning to do and what Miss Garrison and what's his face did to make the world athiest. That's just bad writting...sorry, but it is. The episode would have been a lot more exciting if they answered to those first. That would have probaly made it a three parter though...but it would have been a lot better than what they squeezed in the second episode. It was a little boring.

Anyways, I thought the phone converstions were quite funny! "Yes Kyle, I will get on my hands and knees and suck your balls dry..." HA HA! The converstion at the end was pretty good too. Hey, does anyone really know what all the people in the past really wanted from Eric in the first place? And what religious affiliation did they end up being in the end? So many questions left unanswered....I've learned in my freshman college class to answer all audience questions...guess some writers didn't catch on...
Art is what happens when you learn to DREAM!!! -Atlantis Squarepantis

The only good Slash is the one from Guns N' Roses.
EGEverGreen

Postby EGEverGreen » Thu Nov 09, 2006 3:57 am

Oh, thats simple. I think it was a big group of confused futer-people who weren't logical or illogical. A balance.
The damn SP creators seem to think the middle is always correct.
I came to this conclusion based off of the fact they say:
"There is no one answer."
This leads me to assume that they mean:
"You have to make your own answer."
Which I think is a load of crap. If you thought about the subject to your GREATEST extent you would arrive with a logical answer. And if you guessed you would end up with an illogical answer. The middle path is pure confusion. Yet I do believe this is where we, as humans bound by genetic and inevitable limitations, will end up.
Wow, I just seriously forced my opinions onto you as fact.
Oh well.
KennyStanWendyFan

Postby KennyStanWendyFan » Thu Nov 09, 2006 4:05 am

The way I see it: it's fine to research to try and find the real answer to whatever you're curious about, it's just not worth killing people over. That's where extremism is wrong.
hainted

Postby hainted » Thu Nov 09, 2006 4:06 am

This ep was f*cking awesome.

From the BUCK ROGERS rip on evolution to Garrison calling that guy an atheist f4ggot,this was a classic!!

This is the way all tv should be. 8)
tdewey

Postby tdewey » Thu Nov 09, 2006 4:11 am

ugogo_uswimswim wrote:Yeah, I saw the episode going in a whole different directoin. I noticed they cut out quite a bit in the beginning. Actually, they cut out pretty much everything they built up in the end of Go God Go part II(If that's what they are still calling it) Why the otters wanted to kill him, what they were planning to do and what Miss Garrison and what's his face did to make the world athiest. That's just bad writting...sorry, but it is. The episode would have been a lot more exciting if they answered to those first. That would have probaly made it a three parter though...but it would have been a lot better than what they squeezed in the second episode. It was a little boring.

I'm guessing they thought the middle part was too slow -- I would actually have preferred a three-parter with more of what was happening in the future -- but so it goes. I thought 2nd was decent -- but 1st half was better than 2nd. Ended okay though.

Hey, does anyone really know what all the people in the past really wanted from Eric in the first place? And what religious affiliation did they end up being in the end? So many questions left unanswered....I've learned in my freshman college class to answer all audience questions...guess some writers didn't catch on...

I learned just the opposite -- you're supposed to leave 'em guessing a little bit. The truth is probabl some where in the middle.

I'll watch it again tomorrow after watching the 1st part -- missed it
Soylent Green is People
iceiwynd

Postby iceiwynd » Thu Nov 09, 2006 5:16 am

Cartman arguing with himself = BEST.

So, last week I did say that it really, really depended on what the second part was like. I LOVED the second part. It was AWESOME. It was absolutely hilarious and did a great job of wrapping things up. I was wondering when they were gonna get to the message at the end, but I'm happy that they saved it and focused on the storyline first.

All of the calls back to the past were insanely awesome. I loved those bits. I was hoping he'd call Kyle. And he did, and it was great. Dawkins' reaction was also great. The random futuring changing was great, and K-10 and whatever else it became, while I did see it as rather pointless at first... Yeah, that was pretty nice, too.

Um, basically, I just really liked this episode, and I do like the previous one more as a result. I was laughing right from the start, with some puases here and there, but yeah, it was still really great. They didn't use a total cop-out, no dreams or anything thank god, and... just... yeah. Yeah. That, that was pretty sweet.

And now, to go read other people's thoughts. Hello!
onlymeee

Postby onlymeee » Thu Nov 09, 2006 5:17 am

Ok,

I really realy liked the opening, the choice to ignore the silly details of the joke cliffhanger and make it a later 'episode' in the Buck Rogers parody thing. That was kickass. And where they picked up again was so perfect I almost felt like a little kid again watching one of those shows with rapt amazement while eating sphagetti-oh's out of my He-man cereal bowl.. The atmosphere was done so beautifully it was scary. :)

It got a little slow towards the middle, with the commercials, and toy-store scenes, but picked up after he began making calls.

The portrait of Dawkins and Garrison was mega-funny for some reason.

The butterfly effect stuff was funny for a gag, but the ending of the episode was otherwise, meh... at least compared with the first half. Could have been any other ep. Could have done with more randomness, rather than the predictable close.

I'm watching it again, just for the awesome opening scene with the otters!
Mr. Hat_DX27

Postby Mr. Hat_DX27 » Thu Nov 09, 2006 5:18 am

SCIENCE BE PRAISED!!!! That was actually pretty f*cking awesome! Before I thought it would have just probably been something silly, but it really came out great!

The future looks pretty damn cool, and it was funny how Cartman's prank phone calling weirded up the future in weird ways. Cartman's robot pet was also cool. Wonder what it would be like if those were real in this time! :P

The war between the United Atheist League, the United Atheist Alliance and the Allied Atheist Alliance seemed complex at first, but it was funny to find that the conflict was founded on a trivial question, which changed as Cartman kept prank phoning the past, which I'll rant about in a second. The See Otters were silly, they were pissed because they thought eating off of tables was illogical! OLOL! After the future changed a bit, they were pissed off cause they thought their name sounded better than everyone else. Guess it just goes to show you that we'd probably find a way to fight over something, even if it's not about religion.

Cartman prank phoning the past was a neat way to involve the other characters from the present, and it eventually saved the future, somewhat. It was funny to see the slightly altered past, Kyle missing his ride, and of course, how he f*cked up Mrs. Garrison and the other science guy by revealing the whole sex change thing, which managed to get him back into the past. It was also funny to see Cartman arguing with himself in the past. =P

EP RATING: 10/10 - Great ep, all of it just for a Nintendo Wii that Cartman won't be able to play for another two months! :P

Cause of the awesome way the ep turned out, I'm upgrading "Go God Go Part II" to 10/10 as well.
If you want me to do a signature for you, PLEASE READ THIS FIRST!

Return to “Spoilers/New Episode Discussion”