*1013: Go God Go XII*

Discuss new episodes without ruining them for people in other time zones.

Moderator: Big-Will

CartmanMills
Posts: 283
Joined: Wed May 24, 2006 6:17 pm

Postby CartmanMills » Thu Nov 09, 2006 6:43 pm

I thought this episode was 'okay', Not bad but not excellent either. It has several jokes which I laughed at but it wasn't laugh out loud stuff. The ending was pretty fine because it pretty much shows how he hasn't learnt his lesson even though he's just been through that. But this episode wasn't a comedy to me... neither was the last.
Aym_Dand
Posts: 2236
Joined: Wed Mar 31, 2004 2:31 am

Postby Aym_Dand » Thu Nov 09, 2006 6:45 pm

Rhoq wrote:
Aym_Dand wrote:5.) Can anyone explain to me the "Are you a pepper? I'm a pepper too" prank call?


In the 1970s and early 1980s the advertising campaign/slogan for Dr. Pepper had a jingle...

I'm a Pepper
He's a Pepper
She's a Pepper
We're a Pepper
Wouldn't you like to be a Pepper, too?


It was quite popular during it's time.


haha alrigh thanks for the explain. kind of a family guy retro-joke, but funny in the context.
________________________________________________________
I probably would have just put the f*cking lotion in the basket.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=nSD-Tk0Z3zI

http://www.gonefiction.com
angeldeb82
Posts: 4191
Joined: Mon Sep 26, 2005 1:42 pm

Postby angeldeb82 » Thu Nov 09, 2006 6:49 pm

2.) While the sea otters were right that three A's are best, their name, the Allied Atheist Alliance, is redundant. Allied Alliance is like saying Religious Religion. So you're WRONG, Sea Otters! I'll kill you!!


Actually, that's Allied Atheist Allegiance, as in "fidelity", not "alliance"!

Hey I was wondering if one of you could tell me what Cartman said at the very end of the episode? My Tivo cut off the recording right when Cartman's mom said something along the lines of "Who are you talking to Dear?"


Aenima wants to know what Cartman says at the very end! :cartmanyell:
Shiek927
Posts: 243
Joined: Sat May 07, 2005 4:46 pm

Postby Shiek927 » Thu Nov 09, 2006 7:03 pm

I don't know it word for word, But I remember him saying something like "screw you Kyle" or some insult too him.
Through the years we all will be together...if our fates allow...

"Whats your name?"
"What's in a name?"
Kyle and Rebecca.
UnkieHerb
Posts: 72
Joined: Thu Apr 13, 2006 3:25 pm

Postby UnkieHerb » Thu Nov 09, 2006 7:07 pm

Meh. A decent, if rather dull episode. Not too bad, not too good. Cartman calling himself from the future was pretty funny. Though that whole thing about the slightly different names was done in Monty Python's Life of Brian. Also, no Kenny and Stan makes me a sad panda.
Image
Aym_Dand
Posts: 2236
Joined: Wed Mar 31, 2004 2:31 am

Postby Aym_Dand » Thu Nov 09, 2006 7:15 pm

angeldeb82 wrote:
2.) While the sea otters were right that three A's are best, their name, the Allied Atheist Alliance, is redundant. Allied Alliance is like saying Religious Religion. So you're WRONG, Sea Otters! I'll kill you!!


Actually, that's Allied Atheist Allegiance, as in "fidelity", not "alliance"!


Oh okay. I stand corrected. The sea otters were right. I shall now eat off my tummy, as it is the most rational way to eat.
________________________________________________________
I probably would have just put the f*cking lotion in the basket.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=nSD-Tk0Z3zI

http://www.gonefiction.com
Killahertz9
Posts: 2809
Joined: Fri Nov 28, 2003 9:46 pm

Postby Killahertz9 » Thu Nov 09, 2006 7:29 pm

Love the new direction this episode took, very different than their usual cookie cutter installments. Lathered in imagination and seasoned with a little bit of shocking, political, comical spices. Love all the Sci-Fi references in this two episode chapter of South Park.

I look forward to next week and the week after.
Image
Rhoq
Posts: 15
Joined: Thu Apr 21, 2005 3:47 pm

Postby Rhoq » Thu Nov 09, 2006 7:52 pm

Killahertz9 wrote:I look forward to next week and the week after.


Next week will be episode #1014 a/k/a the 10th Season Finale :wink:

You'll have to wait until April or May 2007 for the next batch of new episodes (that's when the fist half of Season 11 will begin airing).
PEACE--->Rhoq
Killahertz9
Posts: 2809
Joined: Fri Nov 28, 2003 9:46 pm

Postby Killahertz9 » Thu Nov 09, 2006 7:56 pm

My bad, just next week then. For some reason I thought I read on here (can't find it now) that they're airing the last episode on the 22nd.
Image
Prof. Destructo
Posts: 130
Joined: Tue Mar 08, 2005 8:30 pm

Postby Prof. Destructo » Thu Nov 09, 2006 8:44 pm

Did anyone see the shot at the PlayStation 3?

The time phone cost 6000 something to buy and was considered too expensive by Cartman for just a phone despite how advanced it was. This is just like the PlayStation 3, which cost $600, being considered too much money for a video game console even though it is the most graphically advanced.

Also, the GameCube can be spotted left of the Wii in the museum. There was another console next to the GameCube. I freeze-framed it to see what it was, but it wasn't clear. I think it was the Nintendo 64, though.
Kyle the Skeptic
Posts: 2226
Joined: Wed Apr 19, 2006 10:06 pm

Postby Kyle the Skeptic » Thu Nov 09, 2006 10:01 pm

All in all they gave atheists a pretty fair treatment in this episode IMHO. As they have with religious groups, they went after the fundamentalists, and in the end summed up the moral of the story from the rational perspective thereof: It's okay to be atheist so long as you don't be a dick to everyone who thinks differently. Dawkins actually got off easy, because after all it was Ms. Garrison who was blamed for taking his teachings too far and ruining the future. But I still didn't need to see the bedroom scenes (again). That was more offensive than anything else. :P

Pros:
* The episode was funnier than last week's setup, which came off as kind of weak. I laughed a few times.
* I didn't really get the parodies, but it didn't matter because I didn't have to have a full understanding of the original material to enjoy the jokes.
* The interaction between Cartman and Kyle, especially Cartman groveling to Kyle over the phone, was priceless. I loved Kyle's expression in that scene.
* The ending had a good message, and it was nice to see them all getting along. Plus there was an allusion to Buddhism, which I've come to expect from M&T.
* Evolution vs. creationism wasn't even debated, because evolution was treated as a foregone conclusion, hence the sea otters becoming intelligent after only a few centuries of evolution.

Cons:
* Yeah I have to gripe again. The entire episode was Cartman-centric, and the other boys got only minimal roles. I'm still waiting for them to bring Kenny back, as it were.
* They had a lot of good material that they didn't use. Oh well.

Overall: 7.5/10

Two weeks until 1014? I guess I can be patient. :D
AssassinKenny
Posts: 264
Joined: Tue Dec 06, 2005 1:00 am

Postby AssassinKenny » Thu Nov 09, 2006 10:29 pm

too much Cartman and a wacked out story line... least fav. of the mini-season so far :roll:
Athena1999 wrote:AssassinKenny, I officially love you.


Image

sig by Mr.Hat DX27, and that is me in that sig
crazyQH
Posts: 1237
Joined: Fri Apr 07, 2006 12:47 am

Postby crazyQH » Thu Nov 09, 2006 10:32 pm

[quote="Kyle the Skeptic":19e88]

Two weeks until 1014? I guess I can be patient. :D[/quote:19e88]

Whoa whoa whoa, what?!?! Did they say that after the episode last night, or was there an anouncement about that? Two weeks! Damn and I thought waiting one week was difficult...
Shiek927
Posts: 243
Joined: Sat May 07, 2005 4:46 pm

Postby Shiek927 » Thu Nov 09, 2006 10:55 pm

Wait, WHAAT?! When did they say Two weeks instead of one?! Maybe they're stretching closer too Christmas so they can do a proper holiday episode.
Through the years we all will be together...if our fates allow...

"Whats your name?"
"What's in a name?"
Kyle and Rebecca.
enoughofthis
Posts: 2
Joined: Thu Nov 09, 2006 10:25 pm

Postby enoughofthis » Thu Nov 09, 2006 11:41 pm

This whole episodes ending doesn't make sence. If Mr. Garrison never married... that guy, then Cartman would of never called him because he would of never had any influence in the future. And if he never called him, then he would of married the guy and the war would still be going on.

Return to “Spoilers/New Episode Discussion”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests