*1013: Go God Go XII*

Discuss new episodes without ruining them for people in other time zones.

Moderator: Big-Will

hainted

Postby hainted » Thu Nov 09, 2006 11:46 pm

crazyQH wrote:
Kyle the Skeptic wrote:
Two weeks until 1014? I guess I can be patient. :D

Whoa whoa whoa, what?!?! Did they say that after the episode last night, or was there an anouncement about that? Two weeks! Damn and I thought waiting one week was difficult...

Listen to me very carefully...

DON'T freeze yourself !!!

Just be patient and wait the two weeks.

:shock:
Halfhuman007

Postby Halfhuman007 » Thu Nov 09, 2006 11:48 pm

Hmm... It was definately a wierd episode. I liked how Garrison and Dawkins broke up. That was great! There was just one thing, though... did that episode seem shorter than the others, or was the plot just really fast? It seemed shorter to me.

Other than that... I'm surprised they didn't show anybody that looked like anyone from the past. And Cartman was waaaaay too obsessed with just playing the Nintendo Wii... He did ALL of that JUST to get the Wii... And... No Stan and Kenny...Hrmm...

Cartman: But I HAVE to have one of those phones.
Dealer: Oh, okay. Then I HAVE to have 6000 credits.
K-10: BARK ARF I'm sorry Eric, BARK ARF.
Cartman: How about the robot? How much for the robot?
K-10: Awww!

Overall, it was a... C+ episode. Can't wait till 1014!! Hmm... wonder if I can fit in the freezer... :frozenkenny:
If you die, there's a chance you may not have children. It's true!
Halfhuman007

Postby Halfhuman007 » Thu Nov 09, 2006 11:58 pm

[quote="enoughofthis":00599]This whole episodes ending doesn't make sence. If Mr. Garrison never married... that guy, then Cartman would of never called him because he would of never had any influence in the future. And if he never called him, then he would of married the guy and the war would still be going on.[/quote:00599]

Umm... yeah. You know, they probably didn't do that, because it doesn't make any sense. If he never had any influence in the future, than Matt and Trey were right, it'd revert to a different future. End of confusion.

And it's "...Cartman would HAVE never called him...".

You big silly.
Halfhuman007

Postby Halfhuman007 » Fri Nov 10, 2006 12:05 am

Ænima wrote:Hey I was wondering if one of you could tell me what Cartman said at the very end of the episode? My Tivo cut off the recording right when Cartman's mom said something along the lines of "Who are you talking to Dear?"

Something like this... It's not exact...

Liane: Who are you talking to, muffin?
Cartman: I can't wait two months! I can't! There has to be a way around this.
Shop owner: Hey kid, somebody's on the phone for you. (but he says you in a wierd, question-y way)
Cartman: Hello?
Future Cartman: Hello? Hello!? *Different reality with lava lamp goo everywhere* I know what you're thinking. Do NOT do it. You just need to be patient, and wait the two months. Do you hear me!?
Cartman: Aww, suck my balls, Kyle. *Beep*
END

I felt very talkative this time around...
Kyle the Skeptic

Postby Kyle the Skeptic » Fri Nov 10, 2006 12:21 am

I was going by what Will said on page 2, and judging from the fact that there are only 14 eps per season. I might have misunderstood though.
Big-Will wrote:Lest ep is scheduled for Nov. 22, so I don't see a Christmas ep. Maybe a Thanksgiving one though. :)
Binsento

Postby Binsento » Fri Nov 10, 2006 12:26 am

Shiek927 wrote:Wait, WHAAT?! When did they say Two weeks instead of one?! Maybe they're stretching closer too Christmas so they can do a proper holiday episode.
2 weeks?! *pacing in front of his TV* Come ooooon Come ooooooon !
Who will help me freeze myself?
Nah Nah Nah Nah Nah Heh Heh Heh Heh Heh
SPF4L#1

Postby SPF4L#1 » Fri Nov 10, 2006 12:26 am

Great episode. Better than the first part I thought. Very clever ending. Some of the speeches from the atheists and sea-otters dragged on a bit. Seemed to just be filling time. But otherwise a really good episode overall.
If you can be bothered...please check out this poll:
http://misterpoll.com/4270026923.html
andrewgibson

Postby andrewgibson » Fri Nov 10, 2006 12:33 am

Definetely better than the first part. And I loved that there was less sex parts and more plot.
kaileykorn

Postby kaileykorn » Fri Nov 10, 2006 1:09 am

Kyle the Skeptic wrote:I was going by what Will said on page 2, and judging from the fact that there are only 14 eps per season. I might have misunderstood though.
Big-Will wrote:Lest ep is scheduled for Nov. 22, so I don't see a Christmas ep. Maybe a Thanksgiving one though. :)

That's odd; usually Matt and Trey take the week of Thanksgiving off. That's what they've done in previous years... unless they actually want to give us a Thanksgiving episode the day before Thanksgiving, which would be sweet.

EDIT: One thing I noticed about this episode - "Suck my balls" was said about 5 times.
bananakoniak

Postby bananakoniak » Fri Nov 10, 2006 1:30 am

it was said more than that! he said 2 himself like 5 or 6 times!

it was a pretty good episode though, not many good quotes though
i jst wanna kno "if a man says something in the forest and there's no woman around to hear him... is he still wrong?" pm me if u gotta answer
LBius

Postby LBius » Fri Nov 10, 2006 3:31 am

enoughofthis wrote:This whole episodes ending doesn't make sence. If Mr. Garrison never married... that guy, then Cartman would of never called him because he would of never had any influence in the future. And if he never called him, then he would of married the guy and the war would still be going on.

Now you're getting it :)

All time travel episodes of ANYTHING are pointless and do not make sense at all. The main reason is that travelling to the future also involves teleporting to the same spot on Earth relative to the universe (that is, you have to position yourself precisely - to the inch/centiment - in space-time).

They did a good job with "You'll merge with yourself" when they send him to the past - original compared to most other time travel episodes of anything. The main issue there though is that he wouldn't be alive between when he dies and when he comes back from the future (his frozen self still exists. He could even dig it up if he wanted to).

Then there's the whole "How do you know if I've travelled to the future/past?" issue. There is no real answer to this because if someone's changed the past from the future, you would simply go into the FINAL altered state instead of shifting between alterations. As such, there can never be direct evidence of time travel. Sure, that's not saying you can't do it, but coupled with the previous two points, time travel is admittedly much more difficult than you'd think.

/ Geek
Rooster_Costume

Postby Rooster_Costume » Fri Nov 10, 2006 3:44 am

[quote="Kyle the Skeptic":935e8]Two weeks until 1014? I guess I can be patient. :D[/quote:935e8]
[u:935e8][url=http://i14.tinypic.com/2ujovw4.jpg:935e8]Schedule (produces horizontal scroll if I post it as [img])[/url:935e8][/u:935e8]
:o I think Will made a mistake.

Anyway, meh...it was a less than average episode.

It started off good, I thought. Seeing sea otters ride ostriches was just f*cking funny. The sea otter storyline was funny in general. When the old and wise sea otter gave that speech, then the sea otters killed him, it was funny. I thought the whole "on my tummy" thing got old after a while. Their hate of people eating on wood wasn't that funny from the beginning, and they just overused that joke.

Everything about the name-changing was great. They kept you wondering what the hell it was they were arguing over, and it ended up being so trite. It was hilarious and awesomely ironic (Yeah, that's my phrase. Don't hate) with how everyone knows we would find something to argue about if we didn't have religion to argue about. Religion has nothing to do with why people fight; violence is just a part of nature and our animal heritage.

Cartman calling the past was great. XD I love when he called himself from the past the best. I loved seeing him realize how much of an assh*le he is. I guess he can't recognize his own voice. XD Butters was pretty good when he called back to the past, too. His reaction was priceless. "But, you're here right now." Hilarious. And Kyle, wow, that was great. This kinda reminds me of Big Fat Liar (I didn't see the whole movie because it was stupid [and not for people with a taste of movies as mine :roll:], but the moral of it was about the same that was kinda implied with Cartman calling the past).

There was just something that set me off about this episode as opposed to most episodes. I can't quite put my finger on it. The repetitiveness of the jokes was probably it. I just felt like I kept hearing the same jokes. Also, Cartman's response at the end was incredibly predictable.

The Warcraft episode and this episode are the only two less than average episodes this run, and I'm pretty happy about that. There has been more variation in how good the episodes are this season. There are absolutely good episodes relevant to most South Park episodes (remember, that's better than great for me; average would be most episodes)([i:935e8]Mystery of the Urinal Deuce, Tsst, Miss Teacher Bangs a Boy, Hell on Earth 2006, The Return of Chef, Cartoon Wars and Manbearpig[/i:935e8]), less than average (for SP again) episodes ([i:935e8]Make Love, Not Warcraft and Smug Alert[/i:935e8]), and of course a terrible episode ([i:935e8]A Million Little Fibers[/i:935e8]). Overall, I'm very happy with this season. This has been better than most seasons. I have said before that every season after season 4 has been equal, but I think this would surpass them all if it wasn't for AMLF.
PM me for my AIM SN. Lurkers are a bitch.
angeldeb82

Postby angeldeb82 » Fri Nov 10, 2006 4:03 am

Aym_Dand wrote:
angeldeb82 wrote:
2.) While the sea otters were right that three A's are best, their name, the Allied Atheist Alliance, is redundant. Allied Alliance is like saying Religious Religion. So you're WRONG, Sea Otters! I'll kill you!!

Actually, that's Allied Atheist Allegiance, as in "fidelity", not "alliance"!

Oh okay. I stand corrected. The sea otters were right. I shall now eat off my tummy, as it is the most rational way to eat.

Wait a minute, I'm getting confused here. It seems Matt and Trey made a mistake about the AAA's name at the end of Go God Go. I hope they correct the mistake they had made soon. You may be right, but we are getting confused about the identities of UAL, UAA, and AAA right now! :cartmanko'd:
Shiek927

Postby Shiek927 » Fri Nov 10, 2006 4:09 am

Sure, that's not saying you can't do it, but coupled with the previous two points, time travel is admittedly much more difficult than you'd think.

I know what you mean, I'm having trouble enough trying to understand what you wrote.
Through the years we all will be together...if our fates allow...

"Whats your name?"
"What's in a name?"
Kyle and Rebecca.
hainted

Postby hainted » Fri Nov 10, 2006 5:41 am

8) damn this show kicks ass 8)

Return to “Spoilers/New Episode Discussion”