*1013: Go God Go XII*

Discuss new episodes without ruining them for people in other time zones.

Moderator: Big-Will

Xtrchessreal

Postby Xtrchessreal » Fri Nov 10, 2006 7:01 am

The timeline:

Cartman is teleported back to 2006 only six weeks prior to his initial departure. So now he never leaves 2006 at all because he learned his lesson. The prank phone call he gets from the future while at the game store in 2006 results from his lack of convincing anyone in the past to keep himself from his terrible freezing idea.

He had made so many prank calls to the past while in the future because he was desperate. He is still trapped and resorts to more phone calls to the past prior to his return to the past. He knows he will be at the store for other reasons as he remembers his whereabouts.

He is calling people further away, going into the past, from the point of him freezing. So at first, making calls back to the day of his freezing and then to the day before, then before that etc., until he is at the store five weeks before. This is also how atheists of the future know he will be there to send him back to that point.

Kit 9 fills him in on Garrison and by chance that he blurts out the information about Mr Garrisons sex change operation to Dawkins. This leads to the break up of Dawkins and Garrison which changes Cartmans time line in the future.

Cartman is zeroed in on "three weeks", he is totally focused on that fact, he was from the beginning, still is. So he, being just a kid, doesn't realize what he is doing to the timeline, but does realizes he is talking to himself now two months before the game Wii comes out and says deperately "Just wait the two months trust me!"

I like the K 10, Kit 9 and Cocka-3 robots. Of course all of the surprises were expended in the first episode so nothing really unimaginable happened. Though the big question "What Atheists should calll themselves?" That was pretty funny. And the timeline changes this conflict as well so the story was wrapped up pretty good. The Title of part XII I think comes from the many disruptions to the timeline that Cartman causes but were not necessarily seen in the story. And also the parody, irony, to other stories such as Star Wars, Back to the Future, and multitudes of other time travel based stories.

Overall the total story was very good and everyone argued about all possibilities after Go God Go was aired. So not much left to say except that I loved it.

Good job!
Seeing the LIGHT depends on which end of the Tunnel you are heading...
Big-Will
Board Moderator

Postby Big-Will » Fri Nov 10, 2006 8:02 am

Rooster_Costume wrote:
Kyle the Skeptic wrote:Two weeks until 1014? I guess I can be patient. :D

Schedule (produces horizontal scroll if I post it as [img])
:o I think Will made a mistake.

Welp, there goes the Thanksgiving episode too. :lol:

And I was wr- I was wrrr- I was wrro- ...

...I was wrong. There, I said it! I was wrong! (anyone recognize who said it long ago?)

And yeah, the otter was saying Allied Atheist Alliance in this ep. I hope they fix that. :)
The South Park Scriptorium
The South Park Scriptorium on Facebook

Favorite Character: Butters
Need to look for something on the board? Use the search links below: US version
billranton

Postby billranton » Fri Nov 10, 2006 10:31 am

I think the Buck Rogers homage opening credits after the SP ones deserve an extra-special mention. When I saw Eric is spinning away, I found there was something eerily familiar about his movement (I loved that show as a kid), so I found a copy of the original Buck title sequence on youtube and ran them side by side. Not only is Cartman spinning away at the same rate as the original Buck, but they've even copied the awkward jerks to the side caused by the 70s manual camera work! On top of that, most of the rest of the sequence in some way echoes the original.

There's a whole lotta love gone into that sequence, and it's appreciated.
kill cartman

Postby kill cartman » Fri Nov 10, 2006 12:31 pm

(from 2 comments ago) umm i think that was from "red hot cathloc love"? probably not.. :lol:
this is how retarted cartman is
"guess what i have reached puberty i got my period"
-Cartman
angeldeb82

Postby angeldeb82 » Fri Nov 10, 2006 2:23 pm

Big-Will wrote:
Rooster_Costume wrote:

Schedule (produces horizontal scroll if I post it as [img])

Welp, there goes the Thanksgiving episode too. :lol:

And I was wr- I was wrrr- I was wrro- ...

...I was wrong. There, I said it! I was wrong! (anyone recognize who said it long ago?)

And yeah, the otter was saying Allied Atheist Alliance in this ep. I hope they fix that. :)

Actually, Matt and Trey made a mistake about the name of the AAA at the end of Go God Go by calling it the Allied Atheist Allegiance rather than Alliance. I just hope they fix the mistake at the end of Part 1.
dunbars

Postby dunbars » Fri Nov 10, 2006 3:00 pm

Hi!
Can I watch this episode somewhere on the net? I heard it's good.
rcuomo70

Postby rcuomo70 » Fri Nov 10, 2006 4:08 pm

Gothic_Butters wrote:yes, even though the episode kind of went down hill (in my opinion... however my opinion seems to get flammed) I will still watch the next episode. I'm VERY curious as to how this will turn out.

My opinion however (again.. i'll probally get flammed for speaking my own mind.. :roll:) is that if Cartman stays in the future, South Park will kind of suck.. if they keep hopping back from one timeline to another.

I think your opinion gets flamed because you are retarded. but that's just my opinion, don't flame me for speaking my opinion.
selcitset

There really is a god (in the south park universe at least)

Postby selcitset » Fri Nov 10, 2006 4:45 pm

The one thing thats been pissing me off about these episodes is that god isnt there, neither is jesus, or satan, or the super best friends.

i am well aware that there are no gods in the really real world (whatever that means), but in the south park universe, there is a god, and a satan, and a bunch of other guys, they should not have been ignored for this episode. they should have whooped dawkins' ass, or disappeared as everyone stopped believing.

i think dawkins is a helluva smart guy in our universe, but in the south park universe, he is dead wrong about god, because weve seen him, in this case we have proof; he's butt ugly. and weve seen moses, and buddha and jesus and mohammed, and krishna, and joseph smith, and dont forget sea-man, nor swallow.

overall i liked the episode, especially the ending. at least cartman didnt learn anything, wouldnt be the same if he did.
angeldeb82

Re: There really is a god (in the south park universe at lea

Postby angeldeb82 » Fri Nov 10, 2006 5:54 pm

selcitset wrote:The one thing thats been pissing me off about these episodes is that god isnt there, neither is jesus, or satan, or the super best friends.

i am well aware that there are no gods in the really real world (whatever that means), but in the south park universe, there is a god, and a satan, and a bunch of other guys, they should not have been ignored for this episode. they should have whooped dawkins' ass, or disappeared as everyone stopped believing.

i think dawkins is a helluva smart guy in our universe, but in the south park universe, he is dead wrong about god, because weve seen him, in this case we have proof; he's butt ugly. and weve seen moses, and buddha and jesus and mohammed, and krishna, and joseph smith, and dont forget sea-man, nor swallow.

overall i liked the episode, especially the ending. at least cartman didnt learn anything, wouldnt be the same if he did.

You forgot to mention Lao Tse (founder of Taoism). He was the one with the power to bring inanimate objects to life, remember?
iceiwynd

Re: There really is a god (in the south park universe at lea

Postby iceiwynd » Fri Nov 10, 2006 9:05 pm

selcitset wrote:many words

That would've ruined a big portion of this episode. It's just that, well, they're used whenever needed and ignored when it doesn't fit the case. And they didn't fit the case here.
triplemultiplex

Postby triplemultiplex » Fri Nov 10, 2006 10:13 pm

Rooster_Costume wrote:

[you]Schedule (produces horizontal scroll if I post it as [img])[/you]

Probably. Comedy Central's been plugging next week as an "all new episode." Then of course, we're done with season 10.

You read it! You can't unread it!
ugogo_uswimswim

Postby ugogo_uswimswim » Sat Nov 11, 2006 1:42 am

HEY, I HAVE A CONUNDRUM!!!!!
If Cartman goes back from the future and ends up in a spot BEFORE he gets frozen, then he won't get frozen in the "future" and he won't be able to serve his purpose in 2546! WHAT WILL HAPPEN!!!???
Art is what happens when you learn to DREAM!!! -Atlantis Squarepantis

The only good Slash is the one from Guns N' Roses.
Shiek927

Postby Shiek927 » Sat Nov 11, 2006 2:59 am

I'll tell you, You'll get brainfreeze from thinking too hard.
Through the years we all will be together...if our fates allow...

"Whats your name?"
"What's in a name?"
Kyle and Rebecca.
ugogo_uswimswim

Postby ugogo_uswimswim » Sat Nov 11, 2006 5:19 am

True that!
Art is what happens when you learn to DREAM!!! -Atlantis Squarepantis

The only good Slash is the one from Guns N' Roses.
sunfl0wer

Postby sunfl0wer » Sat Nov 11, 2006 12:30 pm

I looooved this episode, I think it was better than the first part. I love everything with time travel so that was one more reason why I liked this plotline so much. I cracked up when Cartman was like "What an assh*le!" about himself. Great ep 8)
[center]"There are no stupid questions, just stupid people!"
"Now how about our gay couple, Stan and Kyle?"
[/center]

Return to “Spoilers/New Episode Discussion”