*1013: Go God Go XII*

Discuss new episodes without ruining them for people in other time zones.

Moderator: Big-Will

crazyQH

Postby crazyQH » Sat Nov 11, 2006 3:00 pm

ugogo_uswimswim wrote:HEY, I HAVE A CONUNDRUM!!!!!
If Cartman goes back from the future and ends up in a spot BEFORE he gets frozen, then he won't get frozen in the "future" and he won't be able to serve his purpose in 2546! WHAT WILL HAPPEN!!!???

That's sort of like:

What if Cartman (in the future) prank called himself 30 seconds in the past, thus preventing him from prank calling himself? What would happen?

Anyway...

After watching this episode again, I like it even more. I still think the whole "Cartman fighting with himself" was priceless. :)

I can't wait for next week, I'm hoping they wrap up this amazing season with something really epic. ^__^
DevilAngel16

Postby DevilAngel16 » Sat Nov 11, 2006 7:47 pm

This episode was great. I enjoyed watching it. The only thing that I didn't really like about this episode was that there was really only one main plot. I mean sure, you can argue the fact that the war among the three atheist groups was the sub plot, but still...the entire episode, for the most part, took place in the future. It only focused on Cartman trying to get back to the past. I dunno, I just kinda got bored with that whole situation. I was hoping that it would flip back and forth between the present and the future, like the way it did in last week's episode.

...Meh, whatever. I still loved this episode. The scene when Cartman was yelling at himself was hysterical.

"Suck my balls."
"No, you suck my balls!"

XDD Another thing I liked was that this episode wasn't preachy at all. Well, maybe towards the end it was, but honestly, all they were trying to prove in this one was that there's no use in finding out the right answer to a 'great question', such as how we came to be or if God really does exist, since it's true that one answer is never the answer. That's what I got out of it anyway. XD That was the message they were trying to get across.

I was also somewhat shocked that Cartman was really willing to wait the three weeks for Nintendo Wii to come out, until he realized that he'd have to wait two months. Still, he was beginning to learn to be patient, even if he did go back to his impatient self again. "I can't wait two months!" Ah well.

And now there is only one episode remaining of this season. I hope it's amazingly good the way the previous thirteen episodes have been. I'm sure it will be though. I think, after an astonishing season with so many great episodes, that season ten is my favorite one. It was just so outstanding. I enjoyed every single episode, albiet I liked some more than others, but overall I loved this season. The last episode will hopefully secure this season as my number one favorite.
angeldeb82

Postby angeldeb82 » Sat Nov 11, 2006 9:39 pm

I noticed something in the script: in "Go God Go" Shvek and the UAL members were killed by the UAA at the end. In "Go God Go XII", Shvek and the others are suddenly back again at the beginning of the episode! How come?

Oh, and Big Will, why do you put in "Park II" or "Park XII" in the scripts and secrets and guests of second two-parter episodes instead of "Part II" or "Part XII"?! I think there is a spelling mistake in the script and secrets and guests in the title! :evil:
angeldeb82

Postby angeldeb82 » Sat Nov 11, 2006 11:02 pm

I gotta admit, the Cartman-only synopsis is just so overdone, except for the fewer scenes of Kyle, Butters, and Ms. Garrison and Mr. Dawkins. Whatever happened to evolution?! Oh, and I'm guessing that Ms. Garrison went back to not teaching evolution after she dumped Mr. Dawkins, since we are unsure what happens to the present-day South Park. :?
iceiwynd

Postby iceiwynd » Sun Nov 12, 2006 12:52 am

Don't double post. There's an edit button, use it.

angeldeb82 wrote:I noticed something in the script: in "Go God Go" Shvek and the UAL members were killed by the UAA at the end. In "Go God Go XII", Shvek and the others are suddenly back again at the beginning of the episode! How come?

Because by breaking up Garrison and Dawkins, Atheism isn't in the world ("we've learned to get rid of all the -isms in our time"), and they had no reason to be fighting with each other. Therefore, they never did fight with each other; therefore, they were never killed. The wise otter is there, too.
angeldeb82

Postby angeldeb82 » Sun Nov 12, 2006 1:12 am

iceiwynd wrote:Don't double post. There's an edit button, use it.

angeldeb82 wrote:I noticed something in the script: in "Go God Go" Shvek and the UAL members were killed by the UAA at the end. In "Go God Go XII", Shvek and the others are suddenly back again at the beginning of the episode! How come?

Because by breaking up Garrison and Dawkins, Atheism isn't in the world ("we've learned to get rid of all the -isms in our time"), and they had no reason to be fighting with each other. Therefore, they never did fight with each other; therefore, they were never killed. The wise otter is there, too.

No, no, I meant at the BEGINNING of "Go God Go XII", when Shvek and the UAL are suddenly back from the dead (they were killed near the end of "Go God Go") BEFORE Garrison and Dawkins broke up! Here's both links:

http://www.spscriptorium.com/Season10/E1012script.htm

http://www.spscriptorium.com/Season10/E1013script.htm
iceiwynd

Postby iceiwynd » Sun Nov 12, 2006 1:23 am

Not all of UAL was killed, we never saw that happen. The UAA stopped after they got everyone in the room and they got Cartman, but that doesn't mean every single UAL member was killed.

Also, that was Young Shvek. Shvek wore purple, Young Shvek wears this green-yellow kind of colour. Also, notice how one of the UAL members said "This is your chance to avenge your father's death"? That refers to the Shvek that was killed.
Grizim

Postby Grizim » Sun Nov 12, 2006 2:49 am

I can't believe I missed the episode the four times it's aired since Wednesday. It's not airing again for this time either.
As enjoyable as abuse.
angeldeb82

Postby angeldeb82 » Sun Nov 12, 2006 2:59 am

iceiwynd wrote:Not all of UAL was killed, we never saw that happen. The UAA stopped after they got everyone in the room and they got Cartman, but that doesn't mean every single UAL member was killed.

Also, that was Young Shvek. Shvek wore purple, Young Shvek wears this green-yellow kind of colour. Also, notice how one of the UAL members said "This is your chance to avenge your father's death"? That refers to the Shvek that was killed.

Oh, I get it. Maybe that's why the "Young Shvek" was mistaken as just Shvek in "Go God Go XII". Will should have just mentioned Shvek Jr. while he was at it. :oops:
Cartman_91

Postby Cartman_91 » Sun Nov 12, 2006 3:52 am

I just downloaded it and watched it and it was easily the second worst of the run besides Go God Go Part 2. I got to admit it was better then GGG#2, The crank calls were funny and Cartman calling himself an assh*le was funny, also at the end it was priceless when he travelled to far back in time. It was just to dull of an episode, i actually skipped some of the episode when the otters were talking, I think i have actually skipped parts in abput 3 or 4 episodes. Overall definitely one of the weaker episodes but better then last weak. 7/10
Grizim

Postby Grizim » Sun Nov 12, 2006 3:56 am

Sorry for being off subject but where did you download it from?
As enjoyable as abuse.
Rooster_Costume

Postby Rooster_Costume » Sun Nov 12, 2006 4:02 am

If you don't want to download, then you can just watch it from All About South Park, but if you want a higher quality download, you can download it from http://mrtwig.net .
PM me for my AIM SN. Lurkers are a bitch.
Grizim

Postby Grizim » Sun Nov 12, 2006 4:10 am

Thanks, I found them on youtube just now though.

So far, good episode. Or at least better than last week's.
As enjoyable as abuse.
Big-Will
Board Moderator

Postby Big-Will » Sun Nov 12, 2006 6:43 am

The Butterfly Effect. :)
angeldeb82 wrote:Oh, and Big Will, why do you put in "Park II" or "Park XII" in the scripts and secrets and guests of second two-parter episodes instead of "Part II" or "Part XII"?! I think there is a spelling mistake in the script and secrets and guests in the title! :evil:

:lol: To keep you on your toes! :lol:
The South Park Scriptorium
The South Park Scriptorium on Facebook

Favorite Character: Butters
Need to look for something on the board? Use the search links below: US version
angeldeb82

Postby angeldeb82 » Sun Nov 12, 2006 6:38 pm

Big-Will wrote:

The Butterfly Effect. :)
angeldeb82 wrote:Oh, and Big Will, why do you put in "Park II" or "Park XII" in the scripts and secrets and guests of second two-parter episodes instead of "Part II" or "Part XII"?! I think there is a spelling mistake in the script and secrets and guests in the title! :evil:

:lol: To keep you on your toes! :lol:

Yeah. I should have known it was the end of Go God Go XII, when Cartman made Dawkins and Garrison break up, and the effect brought Shvek Sr. and the Wise One back, as if they were never killed by the war. Oh, and maybe you should have put Shvek Jr. in the middle of "Go God Go XII", because mentioning just Shvek in that episode confuses me.

Return to “Spoilers/New Episode Discussion”