*1013: Go God Go XII*

Discuss new episodes without ruining them for people in other time zones.

Moderator: Big-Will

salamander

getting worse

Postby salamander » Sun Nov 12, 2006 8:01 pm

Pretty bad episode. And we had to watch 2 episodes of it also. This continues the general trend of weaker episodes over the past 1-1 1/2 yrs. I suppose it's inevitable after 10 years of great stuff; the same thing starting happening to the Simpsons, particularly in the last 2 years. This was especially disappointing after the hilarious Satan Sweet 16 Party. The Go God... episode had funny moments, especially Cartman calling himself, but overall, not a funny story.

The absolute perfect episode that comes to mind for an episode with funny moments and a hilarious story involving all the boys at their best is Fun With Weapons (with a close 2nd going to Cartman in the Special Olympics and the Death Camp of Tolerance).

With the exception of the pretty lame intro., with evolution and Garrison, this was another single plot line ep. (I know it can be argued that there was more then one with the Nintento thing, but that was the reason cartman was in the future). I just got "The Hits" DVD. Every episode there is a classic (gotta love Fat Butt and Pancake Head, also). In the comments to the infamous Tenorman Must Die episode (another classic), Mat and Trey say that it was an important episode because from that point on they started concentrating more on essentially single plot episodes. The Tenorman episode was an example of this working. This last one was an example of it not working.
Xtrchessreal

Postby Xtrchessreal » Mon Nov 13, 2006 6:12 pm

This was not a single plot episode.

1)Cartman wants Wii
2)Evolution gets taught

The entanglement of the first 2 above results in Science as a Religion in the future and then the destruction of Atheism as an "ism". It also blasts the idea of a God as being utterly insane when the so called wise otter is killed for even speaking the idea. The episode is a complete reverse argument for those that were killed for paganism, scientists labelled as heretics, witches, etc. for not believing in God.

My one wish for this episode is that it had more destruction of God. I mean, I know you only have to kill something once for it to be dead but, I thought it needed more of it to really drive the point. My own personal sickness I guess but I would have favored it being a bloody pulp mess. :D
Seeing the LIGHT depends on which end of the Tunnel you are heading...
angeldeb82

Postby angeldeb82 » Mon Nov 13, 2006 6:40 pm

The only parts I like are the two Cartmans insulting each other, Kyle getting dull over Cartman's calling from the future, and K-10/Kit-9/COCKA-3 repeatedly going "Bark-bark"/"Meow-meow"/"Squawk-squawk" every time the future changes! These robot animals are all comic relief, and they make me laugh! :lol:
luxurious

Postby luxurious » Tue Nov 14, 2006 6:10 am

Cartman calling Cartman was hilarious. But this was a terrible episode as was the first part. Too weird, outlandish, wacky, and not enough humor. The only thing that made it even mildly entertaining was the fact that Cartman was the star. South Park is starting to jump the shark. I want episodes like Awesom-O, Casa Bonitas, Good Times With Weapons, etc.
loves_to_spooge

Postby loves_to_spooge » Tue Nov 14, 2006 8:24 pm

i dont see why you all hated it lol

this episode was f*cking awesome

it was incredibly well made

ok it may not have had lots of humor

but it was soo cleverly put together

i like as some people above have sed the cartman and cartman talk
the robot pets lol

but i love how hey started it off like he had been in the future for ages and he knew wat he was talking about
even tho we didnt understand

i really liked this episode, altho i do hope that matt and trey will make it more humorous it still put a smile on my face :)
neondeion221

Postby neondeion221 » Wed Nov 15, 2006 9:21 am

I just re-watched the second Go, God, Go! and I really don't think it was that funny of an episode. Granted, Cartman calling himself and Kyle were both hilarious parts, but that was about it. I don't really care about them not explaining anything, it just lacked the quality I've seen in the past couple seasons. And for people that say South Park is getting worse, you've gotta be out of your mind. The fact that they are focusing much more on Cartman makes the show better. The Dog Whisperer episode, Die Hippie Die, Casa Bonita, Ginger Kids, The Jeffersons (to an extent), Cartman's Special Olympics, A.W.E.S.O.M.-O...all hilarious episodes, and in my mind some of the best of the series. South Park is getting stronger, but this last 2 parter episode lacked and I thought it was a golden opportunity to do something really hilarious with Cartman. Next episode looks good though.
abcbcdcdef

Postby abcbcdcdef » Thu Nov 16, 2006 10:36 am

I just hate guys who are watching SP for the humor. Its way more than that! I wathch SP because I love the unpredictable plots, wittiness, politicalness/controversy and the character backgrounds.

The ONLY problem with recent SP episodes is most of them centred one character only and lose its balnace.
Hall Monitor

Subject Matter

Postby Hall Monitor » Thu Nov 16, 2006 11:48 am

I am surprised that no-one seems to be discussing the Flying Spaghetti Monster reference MORE!!! For anybody that didn't notice the reference, here is a link to the website;

http://www.venganza.org/about/open-letter/

One of the points, I think, is that Trey seems to have completely missed the point. The FSM was created to highlight the obviously ridiculous fact that some schools in the United States have, under pressure from wacko Funda-mentalist Christians, decided to teach "Intelligent Design" as part of the school syllabus in SCIENCE lessons. But he seems to have turned it into a debate over extreme views from people like Richard Dawkins who feel that religion should be destroyed altogether.

Of course creationism should not be taught in science lessons. That is what "Religious Studies" lessons are for, at least in my country. If some parents are so opposed to the idea of their children being taught about the theory of evolution which, believe me as somebody who took a very active part in both science and religious studies at school, not to mention a childhood going to church, has far fewer "holes" in it than books like the Bible, then perhaps they should consider removing them from school altogether and teaching them at home. Or maybe they will be just as comfortable with Islam being taught alongside Christinanity at their child's school? I am not saying that people should not believe in God, or whatever, just that unfortunately science simply isn't really comparable to religion.

Science, whilst obviously not exactly a good thing for religions like Christianity, is simply from the pursuit of knowledge about facts of nature and of course has never tried to explain the "meaning of life" to people in the way that faiths do. More importantly, it does not have a history of being a doctrine with which to control entire races, eg Christianity and Islam. Science tries to explain things in a rational way and simply looks at facts. And science and evolution are two different words. I don't just mean the spelling either.

Of course the whole Richard Dawkins thing comes from a knee-jerk reaction from people like me, and Trey and Matt, to people like him pissing us off by being such a condescending bastard to ALL people who have faith. Although this doesn't automatically make Dawkins WRONG does it?

I agree that the second part of "Go god Go" was not one of the best, but I cannot agree with the claim from some people here that south park has become worse in the last couple of years. "Tsst", "Hell On Earth 2006" and "Mystery of the Urinal Deuce" and "Make Love Not Warcraft" are all great episodes, and the ninth series was absolutely fantastic, as good as any series of SP.
angeldeb82

Postby angeldeb82 » Thu Nov 16, 2006 2:40 pm

Well, yeah, but according to the Vatican's Fr. George Coyne: "Intelligent design isn't science even though it pretends to be. If you want to teach it in schools, intelligent design should be taught when religion or cultural history is taught, not science."
farswept

Otters will rule the Earth!

Postby farswept » Sat Dec 02, 2006 6:30 am

Otters ROCK!!!
(click the pic to watch them rock out!)
Damn, dude, China is f^cked-up!
I love you guys . . . (aw, screw you guys.)
hainted

Postby hainted » Sat Dec 23, 2006 3:46 am

This is the greatest episode of South Park ever.That Richard Dawkins jerk is an even bigger assh*le than Rosie O'Donnell.
Aimsireil

Postby Aimsireil » Mon Jan 08, 2007 4:02 am

...I just went on the FSM website, and I'm telling you, those guys are awesome. And I just checked the script for "Go God Go II", and I found the reference... awesome! Although I think that they mostly got the point there... well... maybe not.

And Hall Monitor, I only agree with you for "Hell On Earth" and "Warcraft". This is because "Tsst" was basically just the same old predictable Cartman routine that they've done a hundred times over. "Mystery" was also a pattern episode: Cartman and Kyle argue, Cartman does or says something that Kyle disagrees with, but everybody agrees with Cartman, then Kyle goes on a quest to disprove Cartman. If you look at it like that, "Mystery of the Urinal Deuce" followed almost the same path as "Cartoon Wars". Also, it had Stan point a gun at Kyle, which I thought was OOC. "Warcraft", while I liked it, actually had about no plotline... I only thought it was good because of the rad animation. Also, the episode completely ignored how Kenny could not afford a computer, not to mention WoW.
-----
Disco Bear

Postby Disco Bear » Tue Jan 30, 2007 10:49 pm

I thought this was the best episode in Season 10, they should have used this as their Season Finale rather than "Stanley's Cup" which was still good though.
Kenny Da King

Postby Kenny Da King » Wed Jan 31, 2007 3:01 am

^ Yeah, no doubt the Go God Go 2-parters were better. But stanley's cup was good for a season finale.
Tom_SF

Re: *1013: Go God Go XII*

Postby Tom_SF » Mon May 19, 2008 3:24 am

Easily one of the better episodes. These guys always lose me when they go over-board with the shock value (which has no 'shock' nowadays, just revulsion).

Return to “Spoilers/New Episode Discussion”