*1014: Stanley's Cup*

Discuss new episodes without ruining them for people in other time zones.

Moderator: Big-Will

LBius

Postby LBius » Thu Nov 16, 2006 5:01 am

Wasn't a hugely funny episode. But it was a sweet (touching) episode.

Record man was the highlight - which isn't saying much since they used him several times.
The Steve Irwin jabs (heh) were a little redundant and will probably cost Aussie fans like myself the chance of seeing this episode this year.

The kids not being able to skate was cute.

Kind of warped how they play against the Redwings. Very brutal stuff and a little too random. Even in SP, in most cases common sense would prevail.

I'm still watching as I type this... Did I miss Ike playing ?! Probably...

Randy's reactions to losing are a little strange.

"I hate you coach!" :O

All in all, not a bad episode, just not overly fantastic. 7/10
Romeoinlove32

Postby Romeoinlove32 » Thu Nov 16, 2006 5:04 am

:( half of these reviews are sh*t. I mean come on. Sure steve irwins death was ironic and extremely sad, but thats the second or third time south parks ragged on it and every time i've thought it was wrong. I was a huge steve irwin fan and still am. That howeever doesn't effect my views. One episode states that 22.2 years after something bad happens it can be funny, that episode, it was aids. This time, its steve irwin. I know it wasnt really 22.2 years or whatever, but still. It's only been a few months since his death and im sure it upset a lot of people to hear those cracks.

I absolutely hated the episode. First off, it totally ragged on the mighty ducks, which is one of the best hockey movies of all time and didnt deserve to be cracked on at all.

Second off, ok the only thing funny i saw was when stan got the sh*t beat outta him by the bicycle at the beginning, and everytime the voice over assh*le was pretty funny.

I don't believe that the sick kid was funny or ironic or anything. The first game i was expecting, because as showed in the earlier premonition, the kids are like 4, they suck so i was expecting that.

The hockey game in itself was wrong where they had to play the red wings. Who does that? If you were going to play against some little kids, would you honestly beat the f*cking sh!t outta them? That was totally wrong. There were tons of penalties in that and it was ridiculously idiotic. Every one of those kids would have died and the entire red wings team would have been murdered for doing that. I know south park is a fantasy kinda thing and not real life, but still. It was imorale and wrong.

For a good reason theres no contact the writers email adress on this site. And this is the reason. People like me. Sure you all can love the episode, but think about it. It made fun of a lot of death, and in the end is a tragic death of an icon really something funny to joke around with and screw with people about that close to it happening?

yay kenny didn't die though. Ike got totally messed up, some kid took a skate to the eye, another took a puck in the face and i thought it took his lower jaw out. The cancer kid died because his team lost, and then to top it all off, the RED WINGS, who are a fairly respectable organization celebrates like a buncha losers and they show some of the guys making out. BLAH!

I've disliked some episodes before but i thought this one was absolutely disgusting, imorale more than most episodes, and just plain wrong with some of the jokes and basically a lot of the plot. The plot wasn't terrible, but it was one of my fav movies and one of the best movies of all time in hockey and sports in general.

Ok let the criticism and hating on my opinions and statements begin, if i could get the writers to hear this i would but i cant, so i shall share it with you all instead.
Mr. Hat_DX27

Postby Mr. Hat_DX27 » Thu Nov 16, 2006 5:15 am

I’d never thought I’d say it, but I actually liked “A Million Little Fibres” better than this ep.

What can I say, I just didn’t really laugh much if at all. I mean, yeah, parts in the middle were amusing, but, I donno about this one. Something about it just didn’t seem....right....One of the reasons is probably cause of how it attempts to rip off “Kenny Dies”....and, well, the whole thing with the kid who was dying of cancer, sure, I can understand how it could sort of parody sports movies in some way, but it wasn’t really funny...the whole imagery of it all was actually kinda sad, and to see the kid die in the end, well, I donno, that doesn’t seem like a nice way to end a great season like season 10.

The whole movie announcer guy thing was funny the first two or three times, but after the eight-millionth time it got a little annoying. Didn’t help very much. And I actually kinda felt bad for those poor kids who had to face the pro hockey players. Yeah, it’s possible to make child abuse funny, but the way it was portrayed here didn’t amuse

Mind you, there were some good parts, like the flashback, with all the kids not doing anything. Though I think Kenny should have been there, and randomly died in that sequence. And that’s another thing. I think the other kids should have at least had some kind of small cameo appearance. It IS the last ep of the season after all.

Randy was funny at times, but he acted a little weird during that one speech where he kept changing his mind, saying that he wouldn’t go to the Pepsi Center, than saying he would. The beginning of the ep was also kinda random in a weird way.

EP RATING 5/10 - Yeah, it’s hard to think I’d give an ep this kinda rating, but what can I say, it was kinda disappointing, especially since it was the season finale..
If you want me to do a signature for you, PLEASE READ THIS FIRST!
onlymeee

Postby onlymeee » Thu Nov 16, 2006 5:17 am

Cruel, funny way of messing with the ways people's emotions are programmed and manipulated by Hollywood.

And, really fresh angle too, groundbreaking. Usually, Trey will still pay it off, with a sardonic point, but still a bit of warm fuzzy. (Even Kenny Dies had an upbeat ending) This is
mega-unconventional, so props for that alone.

But, a torturously painfiul lesson, wasn't it? I guess that's the point, but wow. HARSH!

I think I loved it, or will when the sting wears off :)
Last edited by onlymeee on Thu Nov 16, 2006 5:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
NauaCaos

Postby NauaCaos » Thu Nov 16, 2006 5:18 am

I was disappointed, and slightly depressed. I SERIOUSLY doubt that they will be renewed after the 12th season if they keep up with this crap. Well, as I said I am depressed an probably won't post for a few day because of it. Jawmht - out.
(¸,ø¤°`°¤ø,¸¸,ø¤°`°¤ø,¸¸,ø¤°`°¤ø,¸¸,ø¤°`°¤ø°`)
(`¤ø¤°`°¤ø,¸¸,ø¤°`°¤ø,¸¸,ø¤°`°¤ø,¸¸ø¤°`°¤ø,¸)
jjmac12345

Postby jjmac12345 » Thu Nov 16, 2006 5:23 am

This episode was hella weak. There just wasn't really any jokes in it. Randy being Randy is always funny yeah, the ending was funny yeah, but to me this kind of episode takes no creativity whatsoever. The Steve Irwin references? What's the point? They're not even funny or creative or anything, they basically just state, "steve irwin was killed by a stingray" and they did that already in the Halloween episode. At least Mewster and the other 0.27% of the fans who hate Cartman will be happy.

Just when I think South Park is getting back on track they throw an episode like this in, and the season finale no less. I loved the rest of season 10.5 though. Maybe matt and trey should make 10-12 episodes a season instead of making 14 and not trying on some of them. As long as the majority stay great and not the other way around I will still be happy.
djKnight

Postby djKnight » Thu Nov 16, 2006 5:24 am

Hahaha!! What's wrong with you guys? Can't you take black humor anymore?

This episode was amazing! Laughing of all those sports movies clichés (that i'm so f****ng tired to see, in every "feel good" movies) This is a perfect downer ending!! Nice twist! In your faces!

This is the worst season finale episode you could ever create and that's why this is pure genius too me.

Thanx Matt and Trey! Keep up!
FJBrooks317

Postby FJBrooks317 » Thu Nov 16, 2006 5:28 am

ferraro wrote:
kfgg wrote:No, it's just that people who post here who have under 10 posts these days usually are people who make irritating and obnoxiously annoying posts. These posters either have really bad grammar or just bitch up a storm about an episode and then leave.

Maybe.

Edited for grammar.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

You beat me to it! I'm f*cking disgusted with some of the people on this board. I don't give a f*ck if I've posted here 10 times or 1000 times. That just means I don't come right home from work and log on to SouthParkStudios just to talk to fellow South Park fans. Haha! :lol: You think you're superior because you've had conversation on every aspect of South Park...that just means you have no life. Some of you are digging so deep to find the satire in an episode, when that's not what South Park used to be about. It was just a half an hour of funny TV. Not anymore. I don't care what Mr. 4000 posts says, this show will never be the same.
joelsgotmail

Postby joelsgotmail » Thu Nov 16, 2006 5:28 am

I'm still shaking my head over this episode....though A Million Little Fibers was a million times worse.... They at least could of used Kenny as the puck or the ref or something :P .... But, at least I actually laughed at the last couple minutes toward the end. Otherwise, this is a really bad end to what was a great 2nd half season.
Come on guys....let see some good episodes....and fold towely up for good!
Tweeks_Coffee

Postby Tweeks_Coffee » Thu Nov 16, 2006 5:30 am

Rooster_Costume wrote:The music in this was great. I love those two songs they played because they remind me of something else I love. Ah, good memories of the Ravens winning the Super Bowl in 2006. That was awesome. :B Anyway, yeah, it really did help the humor in this episode. Hearing "We Are the Champions" while all the adults skated around the kids was just brilliant. Seriously, brilliant.

C'mon, R_C, You can't even name the other song? :P

I loved hearing them toss a Blur song in there. Song No. 2 was such a great song to have countering the "action" that was going on. It only made it all the better to hear one of my favorite bands getting recognition in a SP episode.
Last edited by Tweeks_Coffee on Thu Nov 16, 2006 5:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
KateLovesKyle16

Postby KateLovesKyle16 » Thu Nov 16, 2006 5:30 am

I give it 8/10 and dont ever say that they may not get renewed!! I will break down and cry!!
[img:31e77]http://i145.photobucket.com/albums/r219/Southpark2007/gg.png[/img:31e77]
Romeoinlove32

Postby Romeoinlove32 » Thu Nov 16, 2006 5:31 am

"This is the worst season finale episode you could ever create and that's why this is pure genius too me."

that ^^ last post was ridiculous. Its the best finale ever cause it was the worst? Thats retarded, no, it just was simply the worst EPISODE ever, not just the worst season finale ever. HORRIBLE episode.
tdewey

Postby tdewey » Thu Nov 16, 2006 5:41 am

Solid idea (parody of crappy hockey movies). Started decent -- middle okay but not great -- weak ending. Definately one of the weakest episodes this season and the weakest episode this run.

My biggest problem with the ending is that it felt unfinished.
Soylent Green is People
MrManMan

Postby MrManMan » Thu Nov 16, 2006 6:00 am

Overall the episode was pretty weak imo... not very funny (but still entertaining on some level) it moved slow and was overall not that great...

that is... until the end... That is quite possibly the sweetest ending to anything ever made... I could not stop laughing. It was just so messed up... That ending alone is enough to make this one of my new favorite episodes...

I mean... cmon who the hell saw that coming? They just freaking beat the living crap out of those kids.... and they did it so blatantly... one of them was just straight up punching the kids... kicking em in the face... and then when they win by like 50 goals they start celebrating like crazy like they had overcome impossible odds or something! It's just SOOO MESSED UP and I loved it.
Unhooded Kenny

Postby Unhooded Kenny » Thu Nov 16, 2006 6:14 am

Ike will never again complain about being kicked by Kyle. And I'm sure Kenny was shown as a preschool hockey player but if you see the ep again, look for a blond haired kid and it's probably him.

Return to “Spoilers/New Episode Discussion”