*1014: Stanley's Cup*

Discuss new episodes without ruining them for people in other time zones.

Moderator: Big-Will

nutmeg218

Postby nutmeg218 » Fri Nov 17, 2006 12:49 am

To Danny_Dickhead: Dude, you are a dick.
iceiwynd

Postby iceiwynd » Fri Nov 17, 2006 12:50 am

I'm too lazy to actually go fishing through the posts again for quotes, so I'll just post whatever I remember that I wanted to rebut.

But of course, no "below average" episode is complete without one of the many who didn't like it making some kind of implication that everyone who did worships Matt and Trey/sucks their cocks/licks the sh*t out of their asses/etc. Of course not.

Another thing, I don't get why cancer is so untouchable. Because everybody in the world ends up getting and dying from it? Come on, it's pretty much everywhere with all its different types and whatnot, I would've thought that would've softened the blow. What makes cancer so "untouchable?" Cancer (oh my god, I actually just typoed that as Canada. I'm awesome) isn't so special. Like Matt and Trey have said, it's either everything, or nothing. Hate to break it to you, but cancer is a part of everything.

I can understand bits of the episode being boring and slow. Some parts were, but a lot of that blow was softened for me just because I find those kids to be absolutely adorable. That and, I just liked the parody. I liked the sheer irony of it all. It's the first time that SP had actually genuinely shocked me and I love that feeling. I mean, I didn't expect those five year olds to actually get the sh*t beaten out of them, so that just kinda freaked me out. My mouth was hanging wide open, but a grin was still there.

On a semi-related note, I found something out about myself today. I laugh freely when I'm watching something alone, but when I'm watch it with other people, I tend to automatically suppress my laughing and restrict myself to a stupid grin, through no conscious thought of my own.

Also, I'm seeing a lot of posts asking what the point of the episode was. Well, what's the point of any episode? Seriously? I just don't get that question. It's easy to interchange it for political episodes, in which you can say that the point was for Matt and Trey to get their thoughts across. But in all non-political episodes, what's the point of those ones? Someone mind telling me what the point was of Warcraft? What was the point of Tsst? What was the point of Free Willzyx, of Marjorine, of Good Times With Weapons? To entertain. That's the point. Sometimes with an added bonus on this side, the point was to mock sports movies. I do think that The Losing Edge did a better job of this.

Maybe another reason why I seem to love the episode much more than other people is that my sense of humour is incredibly dark. I'll laugh at pretty much most anything. One of our dogs, we've had him since I was four or five years old, we had to put him down around two and a half months ago. A small joke was cracked right after it happened, I smirked a bit on the inside. A couple of weeks ago another joke was cracked, I laughed. The thing to understand about me is I've lived in no house that had less than four dogs in it at a time, I'm a huge, huge dog person, and I still laughed at it. Just... some further proof. I love irony. Irony's great. Don't see why it should be excluded from something as dark as Nelson dying in the end and his teammates getting their asses kicked.

On the subject of running gags, I'm guilty of that department. I'm just really, really easily amused. The announcer guy continued to amuse me throughout pretty much the whole thing, albeit I did get a bit annoyed with him around the middle part, but that wasn't so big of a deal to me since I was still laughing some.

There's also the factor for me that I'm not in South Park for the comedy, I'm in it for a good story with great characters, and I got what I wanted there. As long as they think up fairly good stories and keep up the characters they have, I'll be satisfied. Actually, you know, I'm pretty sure that's why there hasn't been a single episode yet that I've hated. Until it gets to the point where I have to question myself on what the hell the plot was, I'm probably not gonna hate an episode.

And this one ranks pretty high in my opinion for the season.
brantw3000

Postby brantw3000 » Fri Nov 17, 2006 1:01 am

Why even give your reviews? Most of your guys reviews just suck. I don't care if you loved the episode or hated the episode. You guys give crappy reviews. Why do you think anybody even cares to hear about how you liked the episode? Half of you guys are like..."oh my god, I can't believe they did that"...."Steve Irwin, oh my god" and the other half of you are "what a great episode!"...."Best of the season!"....Who gives a FLYING F*CK about your reviews. NOBODY CARES. Most of your have HORRIBLE opinions and should be ashamed of yourselves. Please give up being Southpark critics. PLEASE!!!! Just like, why would you care about what I thought of the episode...You DON'T right??? RIGHT!?!?!? That's why I don't give my review. So keep it to yourselves you wannabe SISKEL'S and EBERTS. You guys probably don't even know who SISKEL is huh??? Well Siskel died.....Just like Steve Irwin died....No I don't mean that Siskel died from a Stingray, I just mean he died too. SO GET OVER IT. People die....IT'S FUNNNY...got it??? NOTHING is off limits.. If Matt or Trey died They would be made fun of on the episode too. I can guarantee it. EVERYTHING is A JOKE. DON'T YOU IDIOTS GET THAT? LIFE IS A JOKE!!!!! life is one big freaking joke...and so are you idiot reviewers. BAM!
Infusions

Postby Infusions » Fri Nov 17, 2006 1:06 am

brantw3000 wrote:RANT.

"Yours included?"

((I love quoting people nobody's ever heard of. :D))

EDIT: DAMN EMOCTIONS. >:C *Fixed*
What's the difference between a 7-11 and a smurf?

A 7-11 is a 24-hour convenience store and a smurf is a small blue fictional cartoon character.
AngusMcTavish

Postby AngusMcTavish » Fri Nov 17, 2006 1:19 am

I think somewhere in all the ideas of what should be and all the criticisms of other posters, we all lost sight of one important detail:

This is not an ordinary show! It does not follow the same path as other sitcoms/movies/whatever unless they want to add a few twists and turns, or in this case blow it up!

I understand perfectly what happened. It's your typical story of underdog sports movies--Mighty Ducks, Miracle, what have you--gone horribly wrong! A solid reminder that no matter what you see in those films, it's not that easy in real life. And Stan learned that the hard way!

I didn't care for the ep myself--what a way to end a season--but at least I can take the facts into account. Remember, if you visit the world M&T made, expect some pretty f***ed-up s**t!

I'm certain this has been posted before in some way or other by other posters, but I just had to throw in my buck-o-five here.
raducucosmin

Postby raducucosmin » Fri Nov 17, 2006 1:30 am

Danny_Dickhead and brantw3000 i for one don't believe in any kind of god or in any purpose to life but hey....please remove those dicks you have in your mouths when you're speaking. it's not polite to talk with your mouth full. brantw3000 are you a f*cking critic to decide who has a legitimate opinion on a show and who hasn't? where do you get off judging people who write their opinions here...ON A f*cking FORUM. YOU KNOW.... FORUM. it's that thing on the net where people talk. you know. actually i guess you probably don't know since i'm pretty sure the only person you've talked to in your pathetic life was yourself and maybe your pussyless dick.
Danny_Dickhead, how do you know what matt and trey would think about the people here? have you been sucking and licking their balls in the past few years, and the rest of the world missed it?
i don't agree with most of the things said on this forum, still......you must be the stupidest motherf*ckers (or should i say..."your own f*cking hand"/cat/dog/pig/rat-fuckers) i have ever seen.

oh wait, sorry, i almost missed it. you guys have a little something there, on your lip... yeah... a little cum, right there....
well, now I'm old enough , but still can't stick my dick in Britney's butt
vexille

Postby vexille » Fri Nov 17, 2006 1:52 am

If I died tomorrow, I would be honoured if my demise was satirized. Sadly though, I'm not famous, so thats not going to happen.

And to those mourners of Steve Irwin; He was a brave man whom chuckled in the face of danger all his life. I'm sure he's a big enough man to maybe find mirth in his own death, if indeed he is witnessing all this in the afterlife.
Calix Meus Enebriens "My Cup Makes Me Drunk"
Token_Mike

Postby Token_Mike » Fri Nov 17, 2006 3:15 am

Alright forum posters. I never, ever write posts. I have been reading these chats and critiques for years. Often it is extremely amusing to watch strangers argue like they are tough guys through bitching on a forum. What a bunch of punk ass pussies! Whew! Feels good to actually get that off my chest. If these guys are really tough, they wouldn't be picking fights against faceless enemies they will never meet.

I have to say though there are some very interesting, and intelligent debates on here once and awhile. To all who can coherently debate a point, keep it up. You guys know who you are. I have seen every episode of South Park like most of the rest of you, and there has not been a single joke that I found to be poorly written. Not one underlying meaning has escaped me. Not once have I ever thought an episode was so bad, that it should never be watched again. Yeah, some episodes are much better than others, but given the time constraints on the SP staff, I honestly can say they do one hell of a great job. Every week no matter the content, or depth of social parodies they explore, every episode has made me laugh, ponder, re-examine my own beliefs, and most of the time makes me say, "That is so f*cking ACCURATE!" But sadly....that streak ended for me with episode 1014. I understand the underlying message Matt & Trey were going for, but for the first time in 10 full seasons, I failed to crack a smile even once.

To me it felt like they really phoned this one in. Maybe they were on a WoW marathon & then went "Holy sh*t! Its Sunday Night. Well, we are under contract. Lets slap something together." You can't really blame M&T. Week after week they have ingenious plot lines and "In your F'n Face America" comedy. I am just a bit disappointed. I know season 11 & 12 will be fantastic as usual, but for all you who bitched that you want more Stan, well you got your wish. A completely predictable Stan SP episode. I really hope the creators and staff of SP are not influenced in anyway by this forum. In all my years of reading, I can think of maybe three ideas I have read that are SP worthy. I hope they return to there more basic ideas. Seasons 5 - 8 were the heighth of there genius. Comedic Gold! I can understand growing your show to keep it from becoming stale, but last nights show did not have the South Park feel I have come to enjoy for the past decade.

Tanka Fa Calla sh*tty Wok, Canna Heppa Take a Oda peas!
Fifty Dora? Wais Ma Time Wif Fifty Dora! ----Ah, memories.
Jesse1320

Postby Jesse1320 » Fri Nov 17, 2006 3:32 am

I just have to say i've been watching South park since the start... episode 1014 was the WORST episode ever!
love hotdogs
hainted

Postby hainted » Fri Nov 17, 2006 3:40 am

dude,this ep was so f*cking sweet!

practically every single laugh and every stitch of humor in it was black

I liked hearing Blur's Song 2 in there.

The adult pro hockey player beating Ike's kindergartener face in was so funny and kind of a reminder of Miss Teacher bangs her kindergarten student Ike.Kind of a funny commentary of how our society is so f*cked up and so sad that adults have to prey on little kids.More people are shocked by the black humor of South Park than they are of how black and unhumorous society has gotten.

f*cking brilliant ep and a great way to end the season.

I even laughed at that one dildo's post above. :lol:
Last edited by hainted on Fri Nov 17, 2006 4:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
Romeoinlove32

Postby Romeoinlove32 » Fri Nov 17, 2006 3:41 am

raducucosmin, brant, dick head, and token.

whats wrong with you all?

Dick head you are just that, dont bother posting anymore cause you're a waste of a post.

token, you appear to be trying to start some stuff with everyone who you will never meet also. right? just dont post anything in here if you wanna be an ass about it. State your opinion and defend it but leave the pointless chit chat to some other discussion. please

whoever said its a waste of posting your critiques and stuff, please leave and don't return because your post of all the posts was by far the most pointless. Sure, nobody here is siskel or ebert, but everyone has their own damn opinion, and they are free to state it however and where ever they want, u don't like it? then why did u take the time to set up an account? just so say posting is pointlesS? from that........ u are pointless.

I'm glad there is such a split in this discussion, it keeps things interesting. I do agree that to matt and trey everything is fair game and anything can be ragged on, but that doesn't stop the fact that this episode didn't rag on anything very well. There was a lack of good jokes, whether there were good underlying meanings or not i wont get into, thats up to the individual person to decide.
the jokes were pretty lame and i thought even the execution of going after the mighty ducks and miracle plots wasn't great. did anyone else kinda go, awwww that was sick? When the kid took a skate to the face or appeared to have the puck take out his lower jaw? maybe im the only one, but i didn't find that too funny. im extremely stubborn and i will continue posting in here for quite a while. :D
"Oh My God, They Killed Kenny!!!

You Bastards!!!"

"No Kitty!!! That's a Bad Kitty,My chicken pot pie!!!!"
Spacefille

Postby Spacefille » Fri Nov 17, 2006 3:52 am

Okay... this has probably been brought up a couple times, but I'm not even a hardcore hockey fan and I noticed the Red Wings were wearing home jerseys and the Avs were wearing their away jerseys.

... If they cared enough and/or watched hockey enough to bash on a rival team like that, you think they'd at least care enough to get the jersey coloring right.

Swede_Hanzon wrote:The Canadian Detroit team :?:

At least half of American teams are made up of Canadian players.
TouKz0420

Postby TouKz0420 » Fri Nov 17, 2006 3:57 am

This episode was alright. Not a season-ender though. An original song would have turned this right around.
hainted

Postby hainted » Fri Nov 17, 2006 4:13 am

This ep is called Stanley's Cup which seems kind of funny since they seemed to be busting Stan's balls so hard.

More black humor. :lol:
Last edited by hainted on Fri Nov 17, 2006 9:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
BRMBug

Postby BRMBug » Fri Nov 17, 2006 4:28 am

(without going back and reading the past 15 pages)
"Stan Marsh is derp-d-derr..." Ok, had to get that out of the way. Was I not dead-on right about the paper route and the kindergarteners? Giggle on the bike being towed, LMAO over "The ringer". Ending was disappointing, but typical SP. Gotta go now, am freezing my ass off outside of a Hastings coffee shop in Kerrville.

Return to “Spoilers/New Episode Discussion”