*1014: Stanley's Cup*

Discuss new episodes without ruining them for people in other time zones.

Moderator: Big-Will

hainted

Postby hainted » Mon Nov 20, 2006 4:24 am

NoSu wrote:*Sigh* It's the same everywhere you know , In gaming forums people will complain about the best games nonstop due to one or few tiny issues.

Yeah I'm convinced that people just like to act like a bunch of big retards on purpose on the internet.They misspell words on purpose all the time like a bunch of dumb retards on acid and they are overly critical of things that are actually good while they "talk up" things that suck and are really sh*tty as if they were great.I see it all the time.I think that's why/how the Democrats won the election. :lol:

I think it must be considered 1337 to be a big giant retarded douche or something. :roll:

The internet...where people talk about how great MCR is while putting down AC/DC.

how ghey

It's all Al Gore's fault for inventing the internet.

BYAAAAAH!!!!
ruthless_xsi

Postby ruthless_xsi » Mon Nov 20, 2006 11:38 am

I'm not going to say much because after reading a few pages worth I see some people have said most of what I am about to say.

I have been watching South Park since it came out on MTV's short lived life in New Zealand in 1996, at the tender age of 10. It started out hilarious to me, as the only adult cartoons I watched were Ren and Stimpy, Beavis & Butthead and Dr Katz (remember him?).

I have seen every single episode probably at least 10 times, and I love almost every single one of them, and the only one I hated was AMLF but after watching it a few more times, it is probably one of my favourites now.

After growing up with South Park, letting it mold my sense of humour and have an effect on my personality as to the person I am today, and enjoying every single time I saw the show or reference to it, I have never felt more let down than when I watched "Stanley's Cup" last night.

I have really enjoyed the latest episodes, especially the "GO, God, go" mini series, however this last show was absolutely pathetic.

To finish one of the best seasons ever with an episode that relies solely on shock value and distasteful jokes around a plot that not even Family Guy would use made me quite upset. Matt and Trey are such brilliant guys when it comes to making episodes of South Park with fantastic plot twists and deplorable humour that it's almost as if they said "Argh I can't be f*cked this week, let someone else write it".

- Steve Irwin rips. Not funny. At all.
- County/Announcer guy got unbelievably annoying. They've used that joke before and it was hilarious. Without a conclusion as to WHAT THE f*ck this guy was doing with his LP player in this episode just ruined the possible positive effects it could have had.
- Cancer jokes. Used slightly innapropriately, I didn't mind them, I really liked the way the younger kids were so naive about the whole issue, that added value to the episode IMO.
- Pre-schoolers getting slaughtered was disgusting, I almost felt physically sick after being bored stiffless and pissed off for the first 20mins.

All in all I'm getting myself worked up just writing this spiel that's turned out longer than I was hoping.

It just makes me sad that I have to wait another 4 months for the season on such a downer after this episode, but hey, for all the ones they've made that I loved, I guess one had to ruin it eventually.

Keep up the good work, but please stop relying on shock value to make your show funny because while having it as 10 - 20% of the episode helps it tremendously (like in the Trapped in the Closet episode and Virgin Mary one), relying solely on distasteful jokes and repeated, burnt out previously funny ideas from past episodes just ruins the effect you're trying to put across to those who are watching, and leaves us with a sour taste in our mouths.

Like lemons. Yuck.
luckless

Postby luckless » Mon Nov 20, 2006 11:57 am

Dude! shut the fudge up, SP is the sh*t down to every last freakn second of it, I have so much freakin respect 4 matt and trey its pisses me off to hear u bad mouth em, Stanlys cup was hilarious, the line"we would die faster than steve urwin in a tank of stingrays" just made me laugh thinkin bowt, SOUTH PARK IS THE SHIZ and i honestly believe what eva it says, obsessive but true, i even made my own documentry on how ginger kids have no souls for a exam in school , Matt and trey dont listin to this homo, keep on keepin on boys and push the limits hahah YERAH!!!
__..--''''--..__..--''LuCk-L3$$''--..__..--''''--..__
Tweak_Hammertime

Postby Tweak_Hammertime » Mon Nov 20, 2006 1:01 pm

To put it blankly i didn't really like this episode, i thought it sounded ok at first, but im getting pretty sick of episodes revolving around the boys as individuals.
Im looking forward to the next one that properly involves all 4 of them. Its been a while since we've seen that. In the 2nd half of season 10 only 3 of the episodes have properly involved all of the boys.

Mystrey of the urinal deuce-(although i got bored in this one)
Make love, not warcraft- (I thought this one was brilliant)
Hell on earth 2006- (that was cool)

Does anybody feel the same way or am i alone on this one? :lol:
Nicccceeeeee!!
We love you england, we do!
Filthy Freddy

Postby Filthy Freddy » Mon Nov 20, 2006 4:06 pm

South Park had drifted too far away from the hiliarious episodes in Season 1 2 and 3.
sientelo

Postby sientelo » Mon Nov 20, 2006 7:09 pm

DangerDoom wrote:10 years of watching south park and what do you get? One of the worst episodes of south park ever. No point. Did not laugh once. After a pretty good second half of south park, this was just awful. horrible way to end it.

yup u are right. i did't laugh at all. it was by far the worst sp episode
RAppel

Postby RAppel » Mon Nov 20, 2006 8:45 pm

If you don't like the show why do you watch it?
DVDA - Now You're A Man
http://www.tinyurl.dk/9507
Shiek927

Postby Shiek927 » Mon Nov 20, 2006 9:08 pm

What? Your just supposed to agree with everything M&T does? No offense, but that's pretty ignorant. I, or anybody else(otherwise they wouldn't be here) don't HATE the show, It's just that we want too see improvement and hope this or that happens. I don't think theirs a person on the planet who thinks every episode is perfect.
Through the years we all will be together...if our fates allow...

"Whats your name?"
"What's in a name?"
Kyle and Rebecca.
TUNDRA_schumacher

Postby TUNDRA_schumacher » Tue Nov 21, 2006 2:30 am

I love SP and will continue watch it :cartmanevil:
But, in the words of Comic Book Guy......"Worst episode ever"
irock924

Postby irock924 » Tue Nov 21, 2006 2:42 am

MCR SUCKS, ACDC AND STANLEYS CUP KICK ALL ASS. MY GRAMMER IS CORRECT B*****s
KennyBDemented

Postby KennyBDemented » Tue Nov 21, 2006 4:25 am

ruthless_xsi wrote:I'm not going to say much because after reading a few pages worth I see some people have said most of what I am about to say.

I have been watching South Park since it came out on MTV's short lived life in New Zealand in 1996, at the tender age of 10. It started out hilarious to me, as the only adult cartoons I watched were Ren and Stimpy, Beavis & Butthead and Dr Katz (remember him?).

I have seen every single episode probably at least 10 times, and I love almost every single one of them, and the only one I hated was AMLF but after watching it a few more times, it is probably one of my favourites now.

After growing up with South Park, letting it mold my sense of humour and have an effect on my personality as to the person I am today, and enjoying every single time I saw the show or reference to it, I have never felt more let down than when I watched "Stanley's Cup" last night.

I have really enjoyed the latest episodes, especially the "GO, God, go" mini series, however this last show was absolutely pathetic.

To finish one of the best seasons ever with an episode that relies solely on shock value and distasteful jokes around a plot that not even Family Guy would use made me quite upset. Matt and Trey are such brilliant guys when it comes to making episodes of South Park with fantastic plot twists and deplorable humour that it's almost as if they said "Argh I can't be f*cked this week, let someone else write it".

- County/Announcer guy got unbelievably annoying. They've used that joke before and it was hilarious. Without a conclusion as to WHAT THE f*ck this guy was doing with his LP player in this episode just ruined the possible positive effects it could have had.
- Cancer jokes. Used slightly innapropriately, I didn't mind them, I really liked the way the younger kids were so naive about the whole issue, that added value to the episode IMO.
- Pre-schoolers getting slaughtered was disgusting, I almost felt physically sick after being bored stiffless and pissed off for the first 20mins.

All in all I'm getting myself worked up just writing this spiel that's turned out longer than I was hoping.

It just makes me sad that I have to wait another 4 months for the season on such a downer after this episode, but hey, for all the ones they've made that I loved, I guess one had to ruin it eventually.

Keep up the good work, but please stop relying on shock value to make your show funny because while having it as 10 - 20% of the episode helps it tremendously (like in the Trapped in the Closet episode and Virgin Mary one), relying solely on distasteful jokes and repeated, burnt out previously funny ideas from past episodes just ruins the effect you're trying to put across to those who are watching, and leaves us with a sour taste in our mouths.

Like lemons. Yuck.

To the person that wrote this, I'm not singling you out, I'm just using you as an example.

I don't mind people posting their own opinions about the show and all (that's freedom of speech for ya), but it's posts like these that irk me. At first, you make yourselves sound like these noble people who have always stuck by the show's side ("I've been a fan since the first episode."/"None of the episodes have ever let me down."/"I was always proud to be a fan and to reference every aspect of their episodes to others."/etc.). But then, an episode or two lets you down, and you sound like such wounded and tortured souls ("I've loved/laughed at/never been disappointed by every one of their episodes... until this one."), like the episode literally killed you inside.

I understand that an episode didn't fit your fancy, but posts like these just blow it way out of proportion. I see how some of you might think the show has gotten weaker, and I can tolerate that (Hell, my brother thinks that way, and he was the one that introduced me to South Park in the first place.), but all these melodramatic remarks about "Oh, Trey and Matt have lost their talent," or "The show's becoming a pile of crap," or "What happened to the good old days of classic SP?" are just too much. I felt this way about A Million Little Fibers, Erection Day, and Mr. Garrison's Fancy New Vagina (just to name the ones that stuck out in my head). I personally thought all those episodes were good, this one included (the most I've ever laughed this season, and I'm not about to repeat the things I liked in it, as mostly everybody has already done, so no need.). Some complain about shock value and randomness, but most of the earlier episodes were based solely off of that same shock value and randomness (the ending to Cartman's Mom Is Still A Dirty Slut, for example). While some may argue that that was actually funny compared to nowadays' episodes (Albeit it's a somewhat feeble argument, IMO.), you can't say that the Liane being a hermaphrodite concept was NOT meant for shock value.

I thought the quote from an earlier poster (Sorry, I forgot your name.) put it best: If the episode is political (i.e. Cartoon Wars), fans bitch that it's not random like the earlier episodes, and if the episode tries to go back to being random like the earlier episodes (i.e. Hell on Earth 2006, this episode), fans bitch that it's too offensive/stupid/pointless. Ask yourself this (Hypothetically. Don't literally answer it in a post...): If this episode was put into the earlier seasons, like Season 1 or 2, would you have the same attitude towards it as you do now? Just think about this, please.

I'm sorry if I sound whiny or pretentious to some people (especially to those few who actually know me and are used to how I normally behave), but I've held this bottled up inside me for so long that I just had to let it out. I hope you guys will be understanding of this.
This is this cat
This is is cat
This is how cat
This is to cat
This is keep cat
This is a cat
This is dumbass cat
This is busy cat
This is for cat
This is forty cat
This is seconds cat

Now go back and read the THIRD word from each line.
region7cards

Postby region7cards » Tue Nov 21, 2006 4:48 am

NoSu wrote:It seems like people have far too weak stomachs for south park , everytime something violent or sick happens people complain. Everytime an episodes slightly offensive there's another outcry on the forums :shock:

I mean one of the points of the show is to be fairly shocking and to make you slightly uncomfortable. Still people complain when something evil happens , like a kid getting beat up , abused or or simply dies =D

I fully admit this episode wasn't the best , but it certainly isn't as bad as people make it out to be. I kinda have a feeling just because it had a sudden ending which was twisted and had kids getting beaten up in people come off with a real negative opinion.

*Sigh* It's the same everywhere you know , In gaming forums people will complain about the best games nonstop due to one or few tiny issues.

And hell so what it's a season ender? There's tons more seasons coming it really means nothing. The original episodes.. kinda sucked compared to these , sure they where funny but it was all classroom humour.

The sad thing is - When it's serious comedy people complain about it being to political , when it's slapstick and random people complain about it not being serious enough. There's no pleasing fans.

On a finale note - The steve irwin jokes.. ARE supposed to be offensive , they're supposed to be awkard and misplaced . You honestly can't complain about something which is designed to not be politicaly correct and rude.

thank you. i dont agree with you about the comedy in the episode. i laughed throughout that whole episode. it seems like everyone here is comparing it to old south park and takes it too seriously. first off, you cant compare it because if everything was the same as old and never changed than what is the fun in that? and as for taking it too seriously, its an adult cartoon. its supposed to be offensive. shut the hell up about the steve irwin jokes too.

idk i thought the episode was good i just dont see how anyone could say Hell on Earth 2006 was better.
camokub

It's not all about you, Mary

Postby camokub » Tue Nov 21, 2006 6:29 pm

Everyone:

Of course, some people will like this (like me). It was dark, and the abrupt ending after everyone's hopes were dashed had me laughing for ten minutes straight.

Of course, other people will hate it. It doesn't follow the traditional format at all. In fact, if you came looking for 'classical' South Park hilarity, you'd likely be sorely disappointed (read all the /emo posts above).

This episode, in my mind, exemplifies what makes "South Park" South Park: this is Trey and Matt's creation (as well as the staff at SPS) and they are gonna do what they want, when they want. Who knows? Maybe they're getting tired of doing it and they wanted to piss you all off. Maybe they just wanted to piss you off. Maybe not.

Stop whining if you can't take the joke. If the guys cared about what everyone thought about their sense of humor, South Park, nor any of their creations, would be what they are today.
camokub

Lemons and Steve Irwin

Postby camokub » Tue Nov 21, 2006 6:37 pm

ruthless_xsi wrote:I'm not going to say much because after reading a few pages worth I see some people have said most of what I am about to say.

Like lemons. Yuck.

I like lemons. Yum!

And Steve Irwin jokes? Sure, Aussies/NZers find them to be tasteless. He was apparantly their hero. Why - escapes most of the rest of the world. That's why we laugh, and you are shocked.

I'm gay. I have friends with HIV. I love "Everyone's Got AIDS" (from Team America). Why? Because I've seen friends and loved ones waste away and die. Many have to take meds every day for the rest of their life. Sure, it sucks. But helping me laugh about it makes my life richer. Is HIV/AIDS tragic? Yes. Steve Irwin's death? Yes. Should we do what we can to laugh about it?

Definitely.

Stop whining. Start laughing!
Last edited by camokub on Fri Jan 19, 2007 4:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
CartmansCuzzin

Postby CartmansCuzzin » Tue Nov 21, 2006 11:18 pm

I agree with what mostly everyone is saying on this post but at the same time the episode wasn't as bad as it's being blown up to be. Well okay, if we're comparing it to the most recent eps aired so far than yea, it's a tragedy but let's admit, there was no conclusion to it what so ever...it just seem like they ran out of ink to me or like someone else stated, maybe they put the responsiblity on somebody else to complete the season. The ending was "TERRIBLE" yes and I guess that's what made the whole episode trashy and also the announcer homosexual annoyed the fvck outta me after awhile but the thing I'm trying to figure out is why would that be the decided final episode of the season? I believed the Go God Go series should've definitely ended out the 10th season but hey...while all of us are on here complaining about the mistake M&T made, they are still wealthy as all hell and on top of that they are still going to gain VERY high ratings by us viewers. Let's be foreal for a sec...the "Stanley's Cup" episode was oh so fvcking dry because it was without the spark of the whole entire show...Cartman. I'm not too upset about the last episode being a disappointment, I'm more hurt at the fact that I gotta wait til' March to have something decent to watch on TV besides sports. I don't know, maybe M&T will bless us with a Xmas episode to make up for 1014 but I doubt it. And another thing, the last episode of the 9th Season wasn't all that great either folks. Don't get me wrong, Stan is one of the greatest characters ever put together in animation history but to keep ending seasons with his dull problems and not including Cartman in at least a snippet of it is meaningless. So on that note, I guess I'll be patiently waiting for season 11 to premiere (wish I had a choice).

Return to “Spoilers/New Episode Discussion”