*1014: Stanley's Cup*

Discuss new episodes without ruining them for people in other time zones.

Moderator: Big-Will

poups

Postby poups » Tue Nov 21, 2006 11:40 pm

For me, It's not so much that this episode was bad it was just that it could of been alot better. Making the parody of all hockey movies in general, it kinda worked. But what would of made it better was focusing on the Mighty Ducks franchise. I mean you still could of thrown in the crazy ending to change it up. But you'd have Cartman doing knuckle pucks and Stan doing the 'unstoppable' triple deke baby! (which to those who know anything about hockey, is stickhandling to the right, left, then the right and topping it off with a wristshot...not the most mindblowing deke,lol) Im just saying it would have been better if that were the case because alot of the people on these boards grew up watching those movies. Also, like in the Critter Christmas finale a couple seasons ago, it would have been good to have cartman in for even just a few lines. In CC the ending was hilarious cause of him.
graveyardpc

Postby graveyardpc » Tue Nov 21, 2006 11:55 pm

Agreed.
Supaa-Seto

Re: Lemons and Steve Irwin

Postby Supaa-Seto » Wed Nov 22, 2006 12:02 am

And Steve Irwin jokes? Sure, Aussies/NZers find them to be tasteless. He was apparantly their hero. Why - escapes most of the rest of the world. That's why we laugh, and you are shocked.

I'm an NZer, and Steve Irwin jokes crack me up to no end, same with everyone I know, including australians. I saw his show a lot when I was a kid, I liked it enough.

But yeah, everyone makes horribly tasteless Steve Irwin jokes around here. So I dunno why that person didn't find them funny, but it's not because they're from NZ =P

and I agree with you so much @___@
Stop whining. Start laughing!
so so true, srsly, I love you!

and I liked this episode, I dunno, there's not much I don't laugh at.
randyguyngal4

Postby randyguyngal4 » Wed Nov 22, 2006 2:32 am

Me, I just sat back and enjoyed the episode. I love the fact that someone finally, FINALLY lampooned those lame MIGHTY DUCKS movies (and all those other similar movies) where some loser ends up coaching a losing team to a championship to such a brutal extent.

The folks who are bitching about this episode should be tied up and forced to watch the MIGHTY DUCKS with their eyes pried open ala CLOCKWORK ORANGE. It was hilarious to see the little kids take on the Red Wings and get creamed. And yeah, it was funny to watch the kid die moaning "No hope, no hope" in a really Poe-esque manner. Brilliant.

Lastly, I love Steve Irwin, and I think the jokes South Park's done about him are quite funny. I loved it when he showed up at Satan's party only to get bounced because he wasn't in costume, and I thought the two tonight were funny too. Laughing at this sort of tragedy is just one way to deal with it. Making fun of it is another.

Frankly, to paraphrase a Canadian minister, I can't believe that this sort of episode would piss anyone off so much. Really, you critics sounds more and more like Mrs. Broflovski with every post you make. Grow up, sit back, laugh, or change the channel.
Simonator

Postby Simonator » Wed Nov 22, 2006 8:36 pm

I loved the episode. The whole concept was simply to poke fun at every single film made like that, and of course it's south park so everything was exagerated. I don't think the cancer thing was a joke on cancer, it could have been any terminal illness-had it been a movie the kid would have lived and been saved by watching his hockey team win but this is a piss take of all these films so of course he was going to die. I'm shocked that SP fans are offended and shocked by this episode because it is typical south park and it was brilliant.

The Steve Irwin jokes, i thought it was obvious that Matt and Trey put these in deliberately because of all the idiotic press that was caused from the Hallowe'en episode.

Personally i thought the episode was great, and Randy was on top form as usual.
CartmansCuzzin

Postby CartmansCuzzin » Wed Nov 22, 2006 8:49 pm

Frankly, to paraphrase a Canadian minister, I can't believe that this sort of episode would piss anyone off so much. Really, you critics sounds more and more like Mrs. Broflovski with every post you make. Grow up, sit back, laugh, or change the channel.[/quote]

lmao...now that's an insult!
danielprive6

Postby danielprive6 » Thu Nov 23, 2006 9:03 pm

Man they should make more then 14 episodes a season. What happened to the good old days when there where 17 or more episodes. And yes this episode was alright. I really liked miss teacher bangs the boy.
Shiek927

Postby Shiek927 » Fri Nov 24, 2006 7:02 pm

M&T had more time back then. With one week per episode, they need breaks too ya know.
Through the years we all will be together...if our fates allow...

"Whats your name?"
"What's in a name?"
Kyle and Rebecca.
BRMBug

Postby BRMBug » Fri Nov 24, 2006 11:44 pm

Actually, it's alot like that. Only they start on Thursday, not Monday. There's alot more to it than that, I'm just too lazy to write about the process as I understand it right now.

And you know, when the guys were younger, they could do 16, 17 eps in a row no problem. But, time has taken a real toll. I mean, they're nearly in their 80s, they can barely get by without 3 - 4 naps an hour.

I keed becauss I luff.
Shiek927

Postby Shiek927 » Sat Nov 25, 2006 3:21 pm

I mean, they're nearly in their 80s

XD, If that's true, then they're the best 80yr old looking men I've ever seen! :shock:

"Whats your name?"
"What's in a name?"
Kyle and Rebecca.
shirker

The Stanley's Cup; not complaining about what others do

Postby shirker » Sun Nov 26, 2006 7:25 pm

... but I am trying to make some other "point" if I may say so. You see, I am curious: was anyone else sort of disappointed with the ending of the said 1014 Stanley's Cup episode (oh now I see there actually are many who were, sorry for not first browsing the forum a bit), I mean, maybe I am used to the episodes with endings that carry/have some sort of a "real life" message in terms of "we've learned something today... for instance (however it's also true that some didn't have it), but anyway, this particular ending just doesn't seem to make any sense.

/NOTE: I do not however have any problems with "the part where the red wings start killing the kids" as stated in other thread related to this particular episode. Anyways, my only "complaint" is that it's not a "typical" episode in terms of what I mentioned in the first paragraph above.

regards all, shirker

/edited: fixed a minor spelling mistake; well, a redundant BBCode to be precise
I'm a 30 years old guy from Slovenia, and I simply must mention that me and my two friends were totally similar to SP-gang in cruel imagination; especially in making morbid stories about ourselves, our parents, teachers etc.
PeterCoffin

Postby PeterCoffin » Fri Dec 01, 2006 2:22 pm

I thought it was a great episode. The ending was what I was hoping for. Perfect way to end a season.
GollieBollie

Postby GollieBollie » Wed Dec 13, 2006 7:34 pm

Not that great an episode imo.

Anyway, did anyone else notice the heroes of might and magic sounds?
Cartman_91

Postby Cartman_91 » Wed Dec 13, 2006 7:59 pm

I don't see why everyone ahted it, it was hilarious, the Rob Schneider voice thing was hilarious. The slap stick comedy at the end was priceless and the kid dying of cancer had it's moments.
Shiek927

Postby Shiek927 » Wed Dec 13, 2006 8:50 pm

CartmansCuzzin wrote:I agree with what mostly everyone is saying on this post but at the same time the episode wasn't as bad as it's being blown up to be. Well okay, if we're comparing it to the most recent eps aired so far than yea, it's a tragedy but let's admit, there was no conclusion to it what so ever...it just seem like they ran out of ink to me or like someone else
stated,maybe they put the responsiblity on somebody else to complete the season. The ending was "TERRIBLE" yes and I guess that's what made the whole episode trashy and also the announcer homosexual annoyed the fvck outta me after awhile but the thing I'm trying to figure out is why would that be the decided final episode of the season? I believed the Go God Go
series should've definitely ended out the 10th season but hey...while all of us are on here complaining about the mistake M&T made, they are still wealthy as all hell and on top of that they are still going to gain VERY high ratings by us viewers. Let's be foreal for a sec...the "Stanley's Cup" episode was oh so fvcking dry because it was without the spark of the whole entire show...Cartman. I'm not too upset about the last episode being a disappointment, I'm more hurt at the fact that I gotta wait til' March to have something decent to watch on TV besides sports. I don't know, maybe M&T will bless us with a Xmas episode to make up for 1014 but I doubt it. And another thing, the last episode of the 9th Season wasn't all that great either folks. Don't get me wrong, Stan is one of the greatest characters ever put together in animation history but to keep ending seasons with his dull problems and not including Cartman in at least a snippet of it is meaningless. So on that note, I guess I'll be patiently waiting for season 11 to premiere (wish I had a choice).

Your telling me after two two-parters with him as one of the stars wasn't enough for you?

1001. The Return of Chef!

Nothing major.

1002. Smug Alert
Had his own little role with saving Kyle

1003. Cartoon Wars
1004. Cartoon Wars, Part II

The star of both(along with, yes AGAIN, Kyle)

1005. A Million Little Fibers

Only Towelee

1006. ManBearPig

Treasure anyone?

1007. Tsst

The star, nothing more.

1008. Make Love, Not Warcraft
"you just got pwned"

1009. The Mystery of the Urinal Deuce

No role

1010. Miss Teacher Bangs a Boy

Dog the Bounty Hunter

1011. Hell on Earth 2006

nothing major

1012. Go God Go
1013. Go God Go, Part XII

Virtually no other returning characters aside from Kyle and Butters.

1014. Stanley's Cup

Stan only

It would seem the only episodes he DOSEN"T have the major role(aside from return of chef) are episodes where another person is the lead. This is eight episodes, more then half of the whole season. Must be a supporter of the Eric Cartman show huh?

"Whats your name?"
"What's in a name?"
Kyle and Rebecca.

Return to “Spoilers/New Episode Discussion”