*1014: Stanley's Cup*

Discuss new episodes without ruining them for people in other time zones.

Moderator: Big-Will

dey_turk_majurb

Postby dey_turk_majurb » Thu Nov 16, 2006 4:07 am

hainted wrote:Come on I swear some of you are so lame that you whine about every single episode.

This was obviously partially referencing BASEketball where they had to win for the dying kid otherwise he would die.

And then they had to play the RED WINGS and so naturally they got their asses kicked and lost badly and the sick kid died.

If you can't see the morbid humor in this ep then you must be blind.

"If you don't win this kid is going to die faster than Steve Irwin in a tank full of stingrays."

And yes they mocked all of these movies where everything turns out great in the end because the team wins.

Well everything didn't turn out so great in the end.They reeled you in like a fish and made you think it would all turn out nice but instead it ended terribly and the joke was on anyone who took it seriously.

Seriously you guys come on.

This was a fun silly little ep to end the season that wasn't an intricate plot but was instead some random morbid humor and a fun way to end the season.

"HE DIED?"

Yup,season over, :lol: :lol: :lol:

I LOL'd :P

hainted i'm with you on this. It like i hear lets have one where the boys are just being boys. Well there you go jackasses! I really have yet to see a South Park i didn't find funny. Even the the PIP one made me Laugh. But mainly cus i could seee people at home getting really pissed off when they watched it! Anywho I enjoyed season 10 very much!
Last edited by dey_turk_majurb on Thu Nov 16, 2006 4:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
Tweeks_Coffee

Postby Tweeks_Coffee » Thu Nov 16, 2006 4:08 am

You know what? I really liked that episode.

I don't think I can put it into exact terms as to why, but I did. It was so perfectly random and hilarious. I lolved all the pee-wee moments, they looked like true kindergartners out there! Ike as the star player was truly awesome.

Stan was great in this episode, if he was in all epiosdes like this then he'd be my new favorite character. He had hte perfect balance of not caring and concern for his team. Plus, Randy was f*cking hilarious.

All in all, a great way to end the season, I'm definitely staying up to catch the repeat at midnight.
StanismyMan

Postby StanismyMan » Thu Nov 16, 2006 4:08 am

That episode was better than I expected it to be. I really thought that the very end was sad, I found myself squealing in pain because it looked like it hurt so bad. Why do you wanna go and beat up 5-year-olds, huh?

I thought the guy with the record player was just hilarious. When he first did that to Stan, I thought so much of the episode The Biggest Douche in the Universe because of how they narrated Rob Schneider in his movies. I thought that was just the silliest thing.

I really liked their first Pee Wee hockey game and the song they played. I haven't heard that song in forever. I just thought it was the cutest thing when they didn't even get the puck out of the middle of the rink. XD

I thought Stan trying to chase after his bike after it had started to be towed away was hilarious, but I thought he looked so beat up after he let go.

I liked how they talked about all of the different movies and how they always just had to believe in themselves and they would succeed in winning the game. When the Red Wings won and they started to play, "We are the Champions", I just started laughing.

I thought it was the saddest thing when the kid with the cancer(I'm sorry, I already forgot his name) first said he had cancer. I had the exact same expression on as Stan when he first told him.

I thought the part when Stan dreamt that he was back playing Pee Wee hockey and he didn't make it to the goal. I just saw that coming when he first hit the puck with the hockey stick. When Randy started to get rowdy, I thought that fit perfectly.

I really liked the part when they drafted Ike for the last game and Kyle came and said his mom didn't want Ike playing because she thought he would get hurt. When they started to beat Ike up during the game, I could help but scream his name out in horror. XD

I know, the events are a little out of order, but you get my point.
Athena1999 wrote:Camels
nutmeg218

Postby nutmeg218 » Thu Nov 16, 2006 4:09 am

Bunneh wrote:
AssassinKenny wrote:The episode was pretty good, especially the Redwings beating the sh*t out of the kindergardners

I LOVED that part! That was the best!

Did anyone notice that 2 of the Redwings kissed at the end? Hahaahaa... XD

Yea, I saw that part, I laughed like crazy when I saw it. My favorite part was when the Alan County (I think that was right) team versed the Park County. You were thinking that the Alan County would kick some major whoops-ass, but they sucked like Park Countys!!
Now that I think about it, I only hated the episode (what I said earlier) because I was traumitized about what they did in the end. It actually was a great episode with a suprise twist! Honestly now I am laughing because I realized they are making fun of those movies like "Glory Road" or "Remeber the Titans". I admit it was abvious that they were going to loose, but you wanted Nelson to live so you rooted for them to make it out ok. I still don't like what they did to Ike though. :[
hainted

Postby hainted » Thu Nov 16, 2006 4:09 am

Bunneh wrote:
AssassinKenny wrote:The episode was pretty good, especially the Redwings beating the sh*t out of the kindergardners

I LOVED that part! That was the best!

Did anyone notice that 2 of the Redwings kissed at the end? Hahaahaa... XD

Another BASEketball joke? :P

I also laughed out loud when the Red Wings beat the sh*t out of the kindergarteners.I mentioned way back in this thread before this ep aired that I was hoping for some blinding violence so that part made me laugh pretty hard.My reasoning at the time for hoping for blinding violence was simply that this was about hockey and Matt & Trey are pretty twisted. :lol:

So kindergarteners getting beat to a pulp was perfect. :D
Last edited by hainted on Thu Nov 16, 2006 4:13 am, edited 2 times in total.
Ferrari_Cake_

Postby Ferrari_Cake_ » Thu Nov 16, 2006 4:11 am

Well I thought it was a pretty good episode. Although the show has kinda changed, and isn't like it used to be, its still funny and has Trey and Matt written all over it. I love everything they do, and I had a feeling the kid would die at the end, but I wasn't expecting the kids to get their ass beat lol.
I loved when the one player just went out of his way to step on the kids face for no reason lmao. And the steve irwin jokes were kinda uncalled for, but hilarious. Best part of the episode for me. I don't think this was the greatest this season and could have ended on a better note, but it wasnt horrible. There is plenty of material out there they could choose from but I understand they wanna be more original, but topical is always good. Good job. Can't wait for Season 11.

On another note, does anyone know if someone has made any of their own princess flash cartoons?
hainted

Postby hainted » Thu Nov 16, 2006 4:18 am

Yeah it was just twisted and morbid humor for no good reason and that's why it was funny.I mean wanting to see kindergarteners getting beat the hell out of by a pro hockey team and laughing at it is pretty morbidly funny for some reason.

And since that was the way they were going what's another Steve Irwin joke?

And then they threw in some BASEketball jokes because they could because it fit the whole theme of it.

Pretty funny.
triplemultiplex

Postby triplemultiplex » Thu Nov 16, 2006 4:22 am

South Park did another good job of educating it's fans about the geography of Colorado. Adams County is north and east suburban Denver. And of course we had the Pepsi Center featured prominently. Home of the Colorado Avalanche in Denver.

Interesting side note; Park County was supposed to play Denver County at the Pepsi Center. I found that wierd because Denver is a city-county; the city and county of Denver are one in the same. I wouldn't expect the Denver team to include the word "county" in it's name.

Based on what I've read, this is one of those episodes you either loved or hated. And it seems a lot of people that hated it got sucked in by the feel good story with Stan's team and our Cancer boy, Nelson. This is the way Kenny Dies went. Set 'em up and then blindside 'em with a left hook. I think I will grow to like this episode more once I see it a few more times.

You read it! You can't unread it!
ferraro

Postby ferraro » Thu Nov 16, 2006 4:24 am

kfgg wrote:No, it's just that people who post here who have under 10 posts these days usually are people who make irritating and obnoxiously annoying posts. These posters either have really bad grammar or just bitch up a storm about an episode and then leave.

Maybe.

Edited for grammar.
hainted

Postby hainted » Thu Nov 16, 2006 4:25 am

Yeah good point about Kenny dies.

Kenny dies alot so why is it a big deal if this kid died? :lol:

And Ike rocks so there's another bonus to this ep.

"We need a ringer."
"Yeah we need a Canadian."

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
kfgg

Postby kfgg » Thu Nov 16, 2006 4:31 am

The number on the tow truck

555-TOWD
Stan and Kyle :)
iceiwynd

Postby iceiwynd » Thu Nov 16, 2006 4:34 am

I cannot BELIEVE they did that! I mean, sure, it was still funny. I mean, like... Yeah. Come the end, my mouth was just hanging open and I was saying "OH MY GOD" and "I CAN'T BELIEVE THEY DID THAT" a lot, but, um, you know... I still had a grin on my face. It was still funny. I just CAN'T BELIEVE THEY DID THAT.

AWESOME episode. LOVED IT. Even if it was mostly Stan throughout the whole thing, at least we still got some Kyle ("We need a Canadian!"). Hecks, even some littleKyle! Which was adorable.

Those kids were ADORABLE. I LOVE how we had a little Kyle and Cartman in there, too. At first I thought Nelson was gonna be a little Butters but... cancer?! XD Oh man. That was funny. I mean, little kids screaming about cancer. That's adorable. And I must be a bad person for laughing when Nelson died. ... A bit. I was still kinda in shock over that ending.

The announcer guy was pretty funny, and how aware it was over movie parodies was great. And Randy, I love Randy. It had a good opener, too. And the actual games... Well, game, the actual pee wee hockey game/Randy's dream were pretty funny, too. I mean, really cute... But also really funny. Kinda slow, but... still pretty funny.

... Oh man, I'm still in total shock that they DID THAT. I honestly think that's the first time that SP has shocked me that badly. I was NOT expecting that. Jesus christ. I mean... wow, dude. Holy, holy sh*t. That was... intense.

But... still. It was cute. It was highly Stan-centric and there was no Kenny or Cartman, but that was okay, I still enjoyed it greatly. While eagerly awaiting download links (damn, I got it FAST this time - normally I'd just be getting to watching it now) I saw some posts saying "worst episode ever", but I really liked it.

... Ohmygod. I am still in such total shock. What a great episode, but the way to end off the season... Holy shit, dude.

EDIT:
triplemultiplex wrote:But I think taking a nice sweet story and then just totally screwing with it in the end is extremely funny.

Yeah, that's the best way of putting it.
Last edited by iceiwynd on Thu Nov 16, 2006 4:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
bulrog2004

Postby bulrog2004 » Thu Nov 16, 2006 4:41 am

triplemultiplex wrote:
Anyone else see the pictures of Scuzzlebutt & Mr. Garrison with his "It" at the newspaper Stan worked for. Nice touch.

..and the "smug alert" reference in the middle..
bulrog2004

Postby bulrog2004 » Thu Nov 16, 2006 4:48 am

kfgg wrote:For anybody that thinks its bad obviously doesn't have that sense South Park humor anymore

i agree with that. at second sight, it's pretty good, specially in the final game... and the steve irwing reference :wink:
hainted

Postby hainted » Thu Nov 16, 2006 4:54 am

Was there more hidden sh*t in some of this season's episodes than usual?

It seems like there are some hidden things in there maybe more than usual perhaps.

Return to “Spoilers/New Episode Discussion”