*1014: Stanley's Cup*

Discuss new episodes without ruining them for people in other time zones.

Moderator: Big-Will

dnbdubv

Postby dnbdubv » Fri Nov 17, 2006 5:44 am

ok yeh this episode wasn't as funny but why is everyone so critical of the dying boy? i think they were just trying to show ONE TIME where the team loses the big game and everything doesn't turn out alright in the end. I wasn't offended, it reminded me a lot of the scene in the family guy movie when elmer fudd shoots bugs bunny a bunch of times and snaps his neck. just kinda made me say "i always wanted to see that happen just one time"
luxurious

Postby luxurious » Fri Nov 17, 2006 6:40 am

Why all the up roar? South Park has showed much worse than pee wee players getting beat up and the cancer child wasn't being made fun of. Hardcore fans are always the worst.
kfgg

Postby kfgg » Fri Nov 17, 2006 8:42 am

And I thought I was being a little hard on 1009...

jeeze people
Stan and Kyle :)
this_bitch_bites

the last ep kicks ass

Postby this_bitch_bites » Fri Nov 17, 2006 8:53 am

I love the last ep , maybe some people have yet to realise that the only reason they killed nelison was so they do a direct piss take on the smulolgie mighty ducks ending and i dont think it would have worked any other way . Well goodbye i'm about to go and freeze myself till March theres noway i can 4 mounths for season 11 i cant even wait one f*cking week and this way the wait will seem instantanious to me . See you in the spring
Last edited by this_bitch_bites on Fri Nov 17, 2006 12:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ike67

Postby Ike67 » Fri Nov 17, 2006 11:23 am

How could anyone think this was a bad episode? I'd say this is one of, if not the funniest episodes of the season. I think the best episodes of the season were Stanleys Cup, Make Love Not Warcraft, and Miss Teacher Bangs a Boy.

This episode was GREAT! Anyone who doesn't think it was funny is either 12 years old and wasn't around for The Mighty Ducks, or is just a f*ckwit!

Any episode with Ike in it is the best btw, he should be a main character, he is BY FAR my favorite character I'm literally obsessed with him. Am I the only one who thinks this? I laugh more at Ike than any other character, he doesn't even have to say anything.

Anyway, great episode can't wait for Season 11.

Only downside was the Steve Irwin joke(s), although I chuckled because I wasn't expecting it. IT'S TOO SOON MAN! TOO SOON! haha
Hall Monitor

Postby Hall Monitor » Fri Nov 17, 2006 12:52 pm

As somebody who has posted very few replies, I can't claim to be as big a fanatic as some people here but.....it seems that there are a lot of people on here who either a)don't really GET South Park half the time, and b)whinge that this or that episode isn't as good as the old SP's.

Maybe you just haven't seen the old episodes of SP for a while. Do you really think that Stanley's Cup and Mystery of the Urinal Deuce are worse than, for example, An Elephant Make Love to a Pig, or Chinpokomon? You're delusional, season ten is as good as most.

Come on guys, Stanley's Cup was hilarious. I mean, there are a few negatives, like the fact the Steve Irwin jokes weren't actually very funny, unlike the excellent one in Hell On Earth, and the announcer thing gets a bit old by the end. But this was a really funny episode, I laughed out loud all the way through. And the ending was fantastic, apart from poor Ike getting beaten up of course!

I agree about the Sports-kid-Dad plot, that has been done before, and better, in The Losing Edge. Maybe it should have been a Kyle episode for that reason. I mean, lets face it, Stan is easily the least interesting of the three main (talking) characters anyway. Perhaps its time Kenny got a facelift?
kalbad

Great Ending to Season 10

Postby kalbad » Fri Nov 17, 2006 1:43 pm

What a great ending!!!!! Took me by surprise but nevertheless, What a cruel way to end it by showing the final moments of a life of a child who is suffering!!!! Dont get me wrong.... the only reason I think its great is because its South Park and I expect to be shocked.... I dont know who would come on this website if they found that offensive.... True that if it was real life it wouldnt be funny.... But for a kid to die because of lost hope because his 4 year old team mates couldnt beat a professional NHL team is priceless irony!! Im glad that it ended that way "No hope!!".... Just like a lot of peoples views around the world!! And dont tell me to kill myself if thats your reply cause I can see the funny side to everything (even if its on me or my family), and I feel quite lucky about it cause I dont get angry or offended that easily (thanks to SP)!!! Cheers Matt and Trey!!! Cant wait till season 11!!!
Jstrife3

Postby Jstrife3 » Fri Nov 17, 2006 2:33 pm

Ike67 wrote:
This episode was GREAT! Anyone who doesn't think it was funny is either 12 years old and wasn't around for The Mighty Ducks, or is just a f*ckwit!

I'm really tired of people who claim if you don't like this episode you don't like South Park humor. It's just a nonsensical remark and it doesn't need to be included in your forum post. I have been a South park fan since the beginning and I never HAD to post on an episode before because I simply just loved them all. But this episode just was just too much of a disappointment and I had to post my views about it. And seeing the amount of respect people are getting around here of their views I most likely won't be sticking around to discuss furthur episodes by any means. I hear enough of this crap playing WoW and reading the forums, maybe that's why I quit. But in order for this post to not be a flame is to provide constructive criticism.

Heres the main point...people are different believe it or not!!! Some people may or may not like an episode and that's what this forum is all about, it's a place to discuss their viewpoints. So let's just all take deep breath and let people say what they want to say and try to have respect for other peoples opinions.
poups

Postby poups » Fri Nov 17, 2006 4:10 pm

I thought the thing with the 'Rob schnieder is....' guy hilarious. The rest of the ep just wasn't that funny. Some people have been saying the ending sucked, which is what I thought. That point is then defended by someone saying 'you must not have SP humor.' What the hell is that about? SP humor isn't predictable humor. The other thing; the guy who wrote the novel of a post said he didnt care if SP wasn't funny, he'd just watch for the stories. Really man? You don't wanna laugh you just wanna watch intriguing story lines like Oprahs twat and assh*le talking to eachother, while her dirty vag takes hostages with a revolver and a talking towel saves the day?... yea...that is some 'dark' humor....real dark. I wouldn't be bragging about that pussy, go kill a dog
Sasa42

Postby Sasa42 » Fri Nov 17, 2006 6:39 pm

I'm kinda neutral on this episode. Some bits were super funny. I loved the Steve Irwin jokes, a big "f*ck you" to all the people who were offended by it in Hell On Earth 2006. That was just so SPish. And I loved the genius-ness of it all; seeing it from the losing side's point of view and it's not all happy endings.
But yeah, even though I thought it the ending was great, it was still a total bummer ending. It just really bummed me out. But that's why films like that have happy, feel-good endings because the audience tend to react to it better. I know in Dodgeball the original ending to that was the Average Joe's losing, watching the Globo Gym Purple Cobra's celebrate in slow-motion and then the credits rolling, but because the test audience didn't react to it well, the ending is what you now see in the final product. But it lost the artisticness (is that a word?), the "you don't win them all" message, that Matt and Trey have done so very well in producing here.
So I applaud them for that.
Hello, I'm a British person!
SctTnrmn

Disappointed

Postby SctTnrmn » Fri Nov 17, 2006 6:54 pm

I was a little disappointed with the episode. I was not offended, I definitely found it funny.

But most of all it seemed to lack " Cohesion " with the rest of the season. I was hoping for a blowout for the finale, I would have even accepted Go God XII as the finale.

The Steve Irwin lines this episode were great, just rubbing it in to those who were uber offended.

Oh well..... I want my damn lemmiwinks episode!!!!!!!!!!!!

Science H. Logic

-SctTnrmn
Hauptmann

Postby Hauptmann » Fri Nov 17, 2006 6:55 pm

I also didn't really like this episode. I have liked most of the episodes this season but this one was just boring. I think I only laughed twice during the entire show. I wasn't offended by the kid dieing or the kids being beaten up, but the kids being beaten senseless just wasn't funny, I'm just watching it and thinking 'ok, predictably, their getting badly beaten... errm, is there a joke in here... nope, just a time filler winning scene, oh well'. I think the Steve Irwin joke felt very forced in, it didn't flow with the conversation at all and again just wasn't funny. On the other hand, when he showed up at the costume party the joke flowed into the situation perfectly and was thus pretty funny. The shows quality has overall deteriorated recently (over the past 2 seasons), but I'm positive there are still some good shows left to be made in season 11 and I will certainly be watching with anticipation.
Mr. Hat_DX27

Postby Mr. Hat_DX27 » Fri Nov 17, 2006 8:42 pm

Meh, I wasn't really "offended", but I did kinda find it rather depressing, and therefore didn't like it that much.
If you want me to do a signature for you, PLEASE READ THIS FIRST!
dbr00d

Postby dbr00d » Fri Nov 17, 2006 8:48 pm

Hauptmann wrote:I also didn't really like this episode. I have liked most of the episodes this season but this one was just boring. I think I only laughed twice during the entire show. I wasn't offended by the kid dieing or the kids being beaten up, but the kids being beaten senseless just wasn't funny, I'm just watching it and thinking 'ok, predictably, their getting badly beaten... errm, is there a joke in here... nope, just a time filler winning scene, oh well'. I think the Steve Irwin joke felt very forced in, it didn't flow with the conversation at all and again just wasn't funny. On the other hand, when he showed up at the costume party the joke flowed into the situation perfectly and was thus pretty funny. The shows quality has overall deteriorated recently (over the past 2 seasons), but I'm positive there are still some good shows left to be made in season 11 and I will certainly be watching with anticipation.

I think the steve irwin jokes were the sequel to the first at satan's sweet 16.. where he said it was to early... now it simply wasnt too early, so they milked it for what it was worth.. i could see where it would have been out of context if one didnt see satan's episode tho. :twisted:

edit: i suck at tpying
randyhart

Postby randyhart » Fri Nov 17, 2006 9:58 pm

Lol I LOVED this episode it made My top ten list simply because it had funny little kids and the voiceover dude and the most controversial pisstake ever I expected them not to win but goddam pee wee's getting their teeth knocked out and Steve Irwin and actually showing the cancer kid dying it was brilliant first time I actually looked at an opening scene and thought

"Oh maaan they will never let that monitar stop bleeping lol that is messed up"

Brilliant and now let the flames rise just overall funny also with a small Randy plot
If you want Faith+1 go here:
viewtopic.php?f=22&t=19823&st=0&sk=t&sd=a

Dont ever leave me Jesus I couldnt stand to see you go

Return to “Spoilers/New Episode Discussion”