*1014: Stanley's Cup*

Discuss new episodes without ruining them for people in other time zones.

Moderator: Big-Will

iceiwynd

Postby iceiwynd » Fri Nov 17, 2006 10:21 pm

poups wrote:The other thing; the guy who wrote the novel of a post said he didnt care if SP wasn't funny, he'd just watch for the stories. Really man? You don't wanna laugh you just wanna watch intriguing story lines like Oprahs pussycat and assh*le talking to eachother, while her dirty vag takes hostages with a revolver and a talking towel saves the day?

I'mma assume that you're referring to me here. Even if I do write novels of posts and whatnot (and so do several others here), 'least my grammar isn't ass.

Anyway - sure, some laughs are great, but they are hardly my first priority. Kenny Dies is my favourite of season five and the first time I watched that one I burst out into tears on five separate occasions. But I watch things either for good stories, or sheer humour, and the latter I usually reserve for standup. Stan and Kyle's characters are what got me into SP in the first place, so I'm more concerned with the story.

A Million Little Fibers is my least favourite of season ten, by the way. I didn't really love it, but it wasn't horrible. I thought Towelie's part in that episode was absolutely adorable and pseudo-angst worthy, but there's a reason it's the bottom of my list, because it was the least interesting to me. I thought Oprah's talking vagina and anus was absolutely hilarious, I burst out laughing first time I saw it happening, but it's still my least favourite of the season. This episode had a great story with beautiful irony that I loved. Sorry?
Cattivo

Postby Cattivo » Fri Nov 17, 2006 10:38 pm

This was just an average episode guys. Not great, not bad, just average. I don't understand how every week I come in here and there's always one group of people screaming "BEST EPISODE EVAR!!!!11!!!" and another shouting "WORST EPSODE EVER!!!1!!!1!" The hyperbole is astounding.

The dark humor was great, but the episode didn't feel that oustanding/unique/special because they've covered the topic of movie cliches a couple of times before. 7/10.

And that's the opinion of one long time fan and long time lurker.
"The nine most terrifying words in the English language are: I'm from the government and I'm here to help." - Ronald Reagan
randyhart

Postby randyhart » Fri Nov 17, 2006 10:45 pm

Hey I have a balanced opinion on it I just can't see what people think it sucked there is always goddam lot that whine and then have a huge argument it was great definately the Darkest episode yet just so unseen that it was gonna be that terrible of an ending with the kid dying
If you want Faith+1 go here:
viewtopic.php?f=22&t=19823&st=0&sk=t&sd=a

Dont ever leave me Jesus I couldnt stand to see you go
dbr00d

Postby dbr00d » Fri Nov 17, 2006 10:57 pm

poups wrote:The other thing; the guy who wrote the novel of a post said he didnt care if SP wasn't funny, he'd just watch for the stories. Really man? You don't wanna laugh you just wanna watch intriguing story lines like Oprahs pussycat and assh*le talking to eachother, while her dirty vag takes hostages with a revolver and a talking towel saves the day?

nice :P
hainted

Postby hainted » Sat Nov 18, 2006 12:34 am

It's the people who complain about EVERY single episode and say how the show is totally going down hill who are the big weiners.

Every single season rocks with the exception of maybe about 1-3 eps per season which either make you have to think a little harder or are somewhat offensive or you simply need to watch a few times before the ep grows on you a bit more because it seemed dumb or unfunny the first time.That's generally the case.There are also I suppose certain types of eps that appeal or don't appeal to different people for different reasons.I'm not fond of certain things like making fun of Jesus or eps with Satan and Saddam just like how I'm not a big fan of Santa Claus or T & P eps,etc.

I like Mr.Hankey while other people do not,etc.I wonder if these people are appreciating the songs that Trey comes up with?

Anyways it seems like it's a bunch of butthurt liberals who think the show is going downhill because it offended them politically.

That's not going downhill you morons that's being consistent.

It's been that way since the beginning and I hope it continues to be that way forever.That's one of the best things about this show is that they have their own opinions instead of being a bunch of typical goofy Hollywood sheep who instantly fall in line with all that is leftwinged even if the left is acting all wrong-headed and fascist just because being a blind liberal follower is what is vogue in Hollywood.

This show has never been Michael Moore even from it's humble beginnings and I hope it never will be that way.

If you want to hear someone just bash Bush constantly then just talk to just about anybody on the internet or listen to any run-of-the-mill celebrity,or just type in Bush on google.I'm sure you will find enough amusement to occupy you for years and years to come.

Either that or go to college or San Francisco or something. :lol:
Last edited by hainted on Sat Nov 18, 2006 12:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
Tweeks_Coffee

Postby Tweeks_Coffee » Sat Nov 18, 2006 12:36 am

Actaully, I laughed my ass off the first time I saw Kenny Dies. The notion of everybody getting so choked up about Kenny dying was, and still is ridiculous.
Killahertz9

Postby Killahertz9 » Sat Nov 18, 2006 1:52 am

I love all the so called "Fans" of the show who register, just so they can sh*t all over an episode that they don't like or agree with. It happens every episode and I shouldn't be amazed but man, sometimes this just has to be posted. I mean, it's really bad etiquette to come here and sh*t out a post when it's amazingly transparent that you just don't get it or M&T. I know, some of you are saying they are entitled to their opinion and to an extent I agree with you.

Stop the hate and try and laugh more often, especially at the haters.
Rebecca_Cutswald

Postby Rebecca_Cutswald » Sat Nov 18, 2006 2:41 am

meh--- I didn't care for it. I had to force myself to watch the entire thing. I don't mind "serious topics" but I was TA for swim classes and we had chronically ill kids- and they didn't give a sh*t because they didn't know/care they were gonna DIEEEE

The little kids crapping their pants and snot was funny. I wanted more of that. But dude IRL was funier- I had a kid sh*t in my arms and then announce "I think I pooped?" NO sh*t!?

If they're going to pull drama they should go all the way. Nothing is worse than a half-assed attempt. I just felt they didn't know what they wanted to pull in this one. I didn't feel sorry for the kid at any point. I think they were just trying to be funny but didn't know what they were doing and so it came out like bad drama.
Kyle Loves Me// Albino.black.sheep is my accountabilabuddy! *tackle hugs*
DarkDucky

Postby DarkDucky » Sat Nov 18, 2006 2:46 am

I thought the new episode was really awesome. All up to the ending was genius. The pee-wee vs. pee-wee games were hilarious. As soon as the final game started, though, the rest of the episode sucked.
[center]Image
My dA account[/center]
BRMBug

Postby BRMBug » Sat Nov 18, 2006 3:33 am

Adding to what I said last night, the ep really didn't have as much punch as I thought it was going to have. At the end of it, I found myself saying, "You guys really want to end a milestone season like this? Really? Really?
The announcer with the turntable got annoying real quick. I kept waiting for Stan to rip it out of his hands and break the damn thing or something. I also thought it was kind of stupid when he got his bike towed, and equally so when the kids got the sh*t beat out of them by Deet. All in all it was a very "What the f*ck" episode. Well, more so than usual anyway.
DevilAngel16

Postby DevilAngel16 » Sat Nov 18, 2006 4:34 am

I thought this episode was awesome. I really enjoyed watching it. I laughed quite a few times, and overall, I felt that it was a great way to end a fantastic season.

Let's see, where to begin...well, Stan was great in this episode. I loved how he tried to retrieve his bike by grabbing onto the pedal while the truck was simply towing it away. XD

Randy was so freaking hilarious in this episode. I totally love Randy. He's awesome in every single episode he's in, and this one was no exception. I thought it was funny that he was obsessing over how Stan missed the shot back when he was a peewee hockey player, and yet Stan didn't even remember. Randy had a lot of funny lines, too.

"Your mother was worried sick, and I've been watching TV." Nice parenting skills. XD

"Remember son, win or lose. Those are your two options. Win...or lose."

Randy rocks. He always seems to blow things out of proportion, like this whole thing about Stan letting his whole team down, and I love that about him. XD "NOOO! NOT AGAIN!"

...And, I'm sorry, but I found the whole running gag with the announcer and the record player to be incredibly funny. XDD "Stan Marsh is about to find out..." The way he just kept showing up during random moments throughout the episode was quite funny. I loved how Stan just stared at him blankly, not saying a single word, each time after he did it. That was hysterical. Seriously, how can you not find that voice to be so stupidly funny?

I thought the plot of this episode was great. I thought Stan made a great coach for the peewee hockey team. Those kids on the team were so utterly adorable. I especially loved Nelson. Awww, poor Nelson, I felt so bad for him. His parents were so funny though. “I’m just his father. But you…you’re his coach! You’re like a father to him!” XDD The scene when Stan and Nelson were talking in the hospital was sweet, in a way. Stan literally had no idea what to say to the poor kid, but at least he tried to make him feel better.

Okay, with all of that out of the way, I simply have to discuss the ending. AHH! It was so…twisted! I mean, wow. Leave it to Matt and Trey to parody the endings of all of those hockey movies, but totally f*ck it up in their own way. Seriously, that’s exactly what they did. Those poor, defenseless children got their asses whooped. They were all bleeding and collapsed on the floor by the time that game ended. I mean, I knew that Stan’s team was going to end up losing in the end, since Matt and Trey would definitely do something like that, but I didn’t think it was going to turn out like that.

The ending was just awesome. It was so freaking screwed up and completely ironic. The Red Wings were all cheering and celebrating because they won their biggest game, and then you just see the poor little pee wee hockey team players severely injured. It was like, moments of victory and happiness in between moments of pity and sorrow. “I hate you coach…I hate you!” Oh my God, when Nelson died, I felt like crying. “No hope…no hope.” Then it just cuts to the team cheering again, and the song playing in the background the entire time. Oh, the irony.

I loved this episode. It ended season ten rather nicely. Sure, the ending was very f*cked up, but that just made it even more hysterical. I was surprised to see that so many people disliked this episode or found it disappointed. I personally loved it, but hey, you’re all entitled to your own opinions. I can understand why some people may have found it slightly disappointing though. I’ll admit, it was kind of slow moving during some parts, but I still found it to be a great episode overall.

Anyway, season ten was amazing. It’s definitely, without a doubt, my favorite season of the whole show thus far. This season has been so utterly outstanding. Congrats to Matt and Trey and the entire South Park staff for giving us yet another great season. Here’s to hoping that season eleven will be just as incredible as season ten has been.
Hauptmann

Postby Hauptmann » Sat Nov 18, 2006 5:28 am

...And, I'm sorry, but I found the whole running gag with the announcer and the record player to be incredibly funny. XDD "Stan Marsh is about to find out..." The way he just kept showing up during random moments throughout the episode was quite funny. I loved how Stan just stared at him blankly, not saying a single word, each time after he did it. That was hysterical. Seriously, how can you not find that voice to be so stupidly funny?

Note that I'm just giving my honest opinion here. I forgot to mention him in my previous post so here goes.
I think they overplayed him. Anytime you have to do the same joke 6 times, it's a pretty good indication something is wrong.

1st and 2nd time, funny.
3rd time, neutral.
4th time, annoying.
5th and 6th time, hoping that Stan will tell the guy to go **** himself and put us out of our misery.

A good running joke is hard to pull off. And like I said earlier about the Steve Irwin joke, blending it into the story is crucial to it's success. Like the joke, the guy with the record player felt disjointed, like he didn't belong in the story and was added as an afterthought, that's the way I perceived it anyway.
graveyardpc

Postby graveyardpc » Sat Nov 18, 2006 5:41 am

I’m new here, but an avid South Park fan none the less. And I just wanted to say that I’ve switched to Drawn Together because of this past season, and that I too am worried that the show might be cancelled with the paths it’s taking. South Park in my view has moved from spontaneous comedy and shocking jokes to random acts of retardation and Bill Maher worth humor. I fear the worst!
fuckmeharderbitch

Postby fuckmeharderbitch » Sat Nov 18, 2006 8:02 am

graveyardpc wrote:Bill Maher worth humor. I fear the worst!

Isn't that the truth, and bill maher is alot like family guy, repeativly annoying.
hainted

Postby hainted » Sat Nov 18, 2006 8:16 am

graveyardpc wrote:I’m new here, but an avid South Park fan none the less. And I just wanted to say that I’ve switched to Drawn Together because of this past season, and that I too am worried that the show might be cancelled with the paths it’s taking. South Park in my view has moved from spontaneous comedy and shocking jokes to random acts of retardation and Bill Maher worth humor. I fear the worst!

Wow how retarded can you be? :shock:

Drawn Together sucks almost as bad as Bill Maher.

Talk about random acts of retardation.

Return to “Spoilers/New Episode Discussion”