*1101: With Apologies to Jesse Jackson*

Discuss new episodes without ruining them for people in other time zones.

Moderator: Big-Will

buttersbutters

Postby buttersbutters » Mon Mar 05, 2007 8:02 pm

This is probably going to be another episode where the show revolves around Cartman. Or an episode where M&T are more concerned about offending people then the ep being funny.

Or both. :? :? :? :?
DevilAngel16

Postby DevilAngel16 » Mon Mar 05, 2007 8:53 pm

I can't wait to see this episode on Wednesday. I'm just so utterly confused by the title and the plot, yet that somehow makes me even more excited and eager to watch it. :D

Hopefully we'll get more info soon, though. Either that or a clip or SOMETHING. I dunno how else I'm gonna be able to wait two more days to finally watch this.
Taranis_Music

Postby Taranis_Music » Mon Mar 05, 2007 8:58 pm

I pretty much agree. Due to the one sentence description something is going to happen that we're not seeing.

I mean wasn't the description for ManBearPig something like "The boys go into a cave and Cartman finds Treasure"?

EDIT: Just checked Manbearpig's description is "The boys are trapped in a cave and Cartman finds treasure."

So yeah.
Kyle the Skeptic

Postby Kyle the Skeptic » Mon Mar 05, 2007 9:44 pm

Wait-- I think I know what this is going to be about.

New York Bans Racial Epithet

(You can probably find more articles on this with a quick search.)
But in Harlem last week, most shoppers and vendors called the ban a pointless public relations scheme that failed to address real problems.

"What difference does it make if they ban the n-word?" said Yaya, 29, who did not give a last name because of its historical connections to slavery. He sells books on 125th Street about black oppression and lynchings. "Ban police brutality. Ban racial profiling. Ban that. Forget the n-word."

He said politicians should put more energy toward issues such as gentrification, joblessness and the recent killing of Sean Bell, a black man who was shot by New York Police Department officers on his wedding day.

So, wait, lemme get this straight. It's not okay to use a racial slur referring to black people, but it's still okay to use racial slurs that refer to all other minorities or ethnic groups? Doesn't this kind of ban only reinforce the idea that people should be treated differently just because of the color of their skin? Besides, what's to stop people from using other derogatory terms if they want to?

When I heard about this on the news, my initial reaction was that it would make great material for a SP episode. I hope I'm right. :)
Agaath95

Re: *1101: With Apologies to Jesse Jackson*

Postby Agaath95 » Mon Mar 05, 2007 10:14 pm

Vague description. I hope this episode will be funny instead of shoving political messages down our throats. But the midget part sounds interesting..

I've never understood why americans refer to offensive words as N-words, F-words and S-words. It's so silly.
triplemultiplex

Postby triplemultiplex » Mon Mar 05, 2007 10:41 pm

What happened to "we're not going to tell you anything about the new episode"? Either they caved to the marketing department or they bumped this/these super secret episodes to a later date.

I've got 20 bucks on the midget! Any takers?

You read it! You can't unread it!
crazyQH

Postby crazyQH » Mon Mar 05, 2007 11:51 pm

triplemultiplex wrote:What happened to "we're not going to tell you anything about the new episode"? Either they caved to the marketing department or they bumped this/these super secret episodes to a later date.

Well, in comparison to the amount of info we typically get, I'd definitely consider this an unusual case. I mean..we only got one sentence from which we can draw very little conclusions. So I don't think that they caved or moved it at all.

Man, from now until Wednesday night the only thing that is going to be occupying my mind is "What the f*ck is this about, and how the hell are they gonna tie this all in."
BRMBug

Postby BRMBug » Tue Mar 06, 2007 12:01 am

triplemultiplex wrote:I've got 20 bucks on the midget! Any takers?

I'll take $5 of that.
Cartman_91

Postby Cartman_91 » Tue Mar 06, 2007 1:10 am

triplemultiplex wrote:What happened to "we're not going to tell you anything about the new episode"? Either they caved to the marketing department or they bumped this/these super secret episodes to a later date.

I raise you to 30:P

Sounds hilarious, I dont think I have every even chuckled from a description but cartman fights a midget made me laugh so that should be good.
AssassinKenny

Postby AssassinKenny » Tue Mar 06, 2007 1:15 am

they've been pretty tight about details this time around. Last season, the commericals were chock full of info and now they just simply say "New South Park on Wednesday".

Still, I can't wait to see this one 8)
Athena1999 wrote:AssassinKenny, I officially love you.

sig by Mr.Hat DX27, and that is me in that sig
Stanley_Marsh109

Postby Stanley_Marsh109 » Tue Mar 06, 2007 4:27 am

Hmm. Sounds pretty random. But I'm sure that the midget part ties in with the Jesse Jackson part somehow. Either that or they just ran out of ideas and pulled a Crab People.
I'm only happy when I'm in my misery...

Thanks to Mr. Hat_DX27 for the sig!
crazyQH

Postby crazyQH » Tue Mar 06, 2007 1:41 pm

I highly doubt that..since they said multiple times they have more ideas than usual. I think they know just exactly what they're gonna do, and if my guess is correct, the episode was probably finished by last weekend.

Hm..wait a minute. Connecting the midget thing to the "N word" thing, Michael Richards' character "Kramer" did actually have a midget friend named Mickey on Seinfeld, if I am remembering that right. Maybe...they come into South Park..but as "Kramer and Mickey" instead of actually being the actors, and while Kramer is spreading his racist ideas around the town, Mickey and Cartman some how pick a fight with each other.

I dunno...that was a completely half assed speculation.
Dr. Jones

Postby Dr. Jones » Tue Mar 06, 2007 2:43 pm

The title of the show dosen't always say it all, about what happens in the episode.

But I'm looking forward to what happens....!
-------------------------------------
Dr. Jones - avid South Park fan!
-------------------------------------
crazyQH

Postby crazyQH » Tue Mar 06, 2007 3:07 pm

Just saw a commercial for it.

commercial wrote:Tomorrow, on an all new South Park, when someone drops the N bomb, they tackle it with their usual dignity, respect, and sensitivity

(Shows Cartman running around yelling; "It's ON! RACE WAR! RACE WAR'S ON EVERYBODY! IT'S GOING DOWN! sh*t IS GOING DOWN")

And here's a very sh*tty quality picture to go along with it. (It'll work until kfgg comes along and posts the link to the actual commercial, if he does that this time.)

Olivia42

Postby Olivia42 » Tue Mar 06, 2007 3:54 pm

I wonder what Token thinks of this whole debacle? Is he allowed to say it? Will they tackle the N*gger vs. N*gga argument? So many questions...

Return to “Spoilers/New Episode Discussion”