*1101: With Apologies to Jesse Jackson*

Discuss new episodes without ruining them for people in other time zones.

Moderator: Big-Will

BatJelly

Postby BatJelly » Thu Mar 08, 2007 3:31 am

"I'd like to introduce you to my good friend, irony. I don't think you two have met."

I think I used to know him, but apparently he moved next door to Sloppy Analogy and has been picking up a few bad habits.
Last edited by BatJelly on Thu Mar 08, 2007 3:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
Athena1999

Postby Athena1999 » Thu Mar 08, 2007 3:33 am

Alright! Now it is time for Athena's Patented One-Post Reaction Rundown! XD

9:02: Hmmm... I see they changed the sequences to the theme song. I guess they just use clips from the previous season.

9:03: Randy on Wheel of Fortune... kewl. XD NAGGERS? I am digging Stan's reaction to that. I guess Stan's reaction runs in the family! XD and I knew the episode would be centered around "n*ggers."

9:05: I knew they'd mention YouTube. I KNEW it!

9:07: That Jesse/Randy scene was funny, I don't care what they said.

9:09: I AM LOOKING FOR PIP... I THINK I MIGHT HAVE SEEN HIM! But I think Cartman's laughter went on for waaaaay too long. ALmost like it's going down the Family Guy path.

9:10: allusion to Kramer? I sense one. ...I guess not.

I can definitely see the two stories establish themselves right away. They're good plots, kind of predictable, and definitely have that "we have no fear" sort of writing to it.

---

9:15: OK... this Cartman thing is getting really old and quite irritating. I wonder why Principal Victoria snapped at the little person, but didn't intervene when Eric made fun of him? Commentary or what?

9:19: The Cartman scenes are not funny at all. And where was Pip in the gym scene? D:

9:23: What all those guys said was true, absolutely true.

Anyone else seem to notice that there's getting to be quite a few Randy-centered episodes lately? I miss seeing the other characters, and hope there's going to be at least one group episode where all four boys are together.

---

9:27: Nice plot twist indeed.

Alright, this made a good season opener, despite the excessive amounts of Cartman and serious lack of Pip. D: The Randy story was definitely the better of the two, and it certainly rang true in society, especially at the end.

Still, the Cartman scenes were not funny at all. I just think his laughter was annoying and persisted waaaaay too long. Seemed a bit much like Family Guy.

Still, it's just like South Park should be-- Matt and Trey were certainly not afraid to take a risk in this one.

Now let's sit back and wait for the n00bs to "analyze" it. XD
AssassinKenny

Postby AssassinKenny » Thu Mar 08, 2007 3:33 am

goddamn that was a good episode. I loved it. Great way to open up the season and the whole midget bit was hysterical. Plus the fight gave me a good reason to sing along to Disturbed.

Let's hope this season continues this way
Athena1999 wrote:AssassinKenny, I officially love you.

sig by Mr.Hat DX27, and that is me in that sig
triplemultiplex

Postby triplemultiplex » Thu Mar 08, 2007 3:34 am

Damn, I think I might've just lost 50 bucks. We'll have to review the fight to see if the sucker kick from the midget offset Cartman making him say 'uncle'. I cracked up at the song, too. "The Sickness" by Disturbed. Nothing like a song that starts with a guy doing a monkey voice as the soundtrack to a midget and a fat kid fighting.

Very strong start to the season. Welcome back guys!

You read it! You can't unread it!
CruciFACTION

Postby CruciFACTION » Thu Mar 08, 2007 3:34 am

I was right to, about it being like the sh*t episode. I can't wait to see all the pissed off people who missed the point. XD
crazyQH

Postby crazyQH » Thu Mar 08, 2007 3:36 am

XDDD I don't remember the last time I laughed harder...at...anything. Awe man..that was just..amazing. I love the way they incorporated the irony in this..just the whole thing was really clever. The very first scene had me literally on the floor laughing. XD

And the whole midget thing..that was great. Cartman is such an assh*le...but wow..it was funny as hell.

Ya know, even though I'd like to have had an episode focused on the main boys, this was just too funny to pass up. Plus, they did get a fair amount of air time, and they had good parts, so it's cool.

n*gger Guy...XD

Oh, and I like the little bit of Disturbed's, "Down with the Sickness" in there. Very cool.

Ah man..they hit it out of the ball park already, and we're only on episode one.
Thrawny

Postby Thrawny » Thu Mar 08, 2007 3:37 am

The Jesse Jackson thing and the whole thing surrounding n*gger was hilarious. I will agree I didn't find the Cartman/midget platline very funny.
--------------------

Thrawny
Grizim

Postby Grizim » Thu Mar 08, 2007 3:39 am

I LOLed a few times I guess. South Park just fails to capture me the same way it used to. I think it's just me, actually. Over all, pretty good episode.
As enjoyable as abuse.
Bunneh

Postby Bunneh » Thu Mar 08, 2007 3:40 am

Okay, I never would have guessed 'naggers'. XD

THE MIDGET WAS SO FUNNY. XDDDD And I loved how Cartman laughed so much. X3 That was great. And then when Cartman and the Midget were fighting, Cartman looked so fat. Like a bloated whale. Hah. That was good.

The midget plot line was the best. XD
treefiddy_350

Postby treefiddy_350 » Thu Mar 08, 2007 3:41 am

I've been through that Cartman experience laughing at a midget. Theres this one kid like up to my waist I laugh every time. Good season premiere but not great. Jesse Jackson part was good too "Kiss it".

8/10
Member# 325291
CruciFACTION

Postby CruciFACTION » Thu Mar 08, 2007 3:44 am

I hope every one saw it, because I don't think there going to rerun that.
AssassinKenny

Postby AssassinKenny » Thu Mar 08, 2007 3:52 am

CruciFACTION wrote:I hope every one saw it, because I don't think there going to rerun that.

$50 says tomorrow morning some black activist will speak out that Matt and Trey are racist.
Athena1999 wrote:AssassinKenny, I officially love you.

sig by Mr.Hat DX27, and that is me in that sig
Athena1999

Postby Athena1999 » Thu Mar 08, 2007 3:54 am

AssassinKenny wrote:
CruciFACTION wrote:I hope every one saw it, because I don't think there going to rerun that.

$50 says tomorrow morning some black activist will speak out that Matt and Trey are racist.

It's not like someone (or a group of people) hasn't got their panties in a twist over what was said in an episode before. I'd say this one will go the way of "It Hits the Fan"-- yes, it's shown, but rarely.
Oneirogenic

Postby Oneirogenic » Thu Mar 08, 2007 3:55 am

Ahhhh, I have not laughed that hard in a very, very long time. Hopefully this is a good sign regarding the new season 8] *rubs hands delightedly!*

You know...one thing I really like about South Park is that, a lot of the time, they really don't take a single side. Not going to go into detail, considering the LOLZ are still fresh in my mind and the actual POINT of the episode is still sinking in. But, yes, I apreciate that.

And. Wow, Cartman. XD They're really excersizing all of the really bad stuff through him lately. And Poor, POOR, Stan. Just, wow. Poor Stan.

8[ I can't say I'm very happy with the new opening though. I've managed to not see that one scene from the Warcraft episode until now with strategically placed eye-aversions and channel-changing, but it looks like I'm going to be seeing it a lot more now. Uhmm...ick
Rooster_Costume

Postby Rooster_Costume » Thu Mar 08, 2007 3:56 am

Haven't posted here in a while, hiya guys!

Great beginning and end to this episode. The midget plotline got really boring to me, and I love Cartman. The two parts that were good were the midget getting angry, the words are like bullet line, and the reference to A Christmas Story with the "say 'uncle'" thing. Other than that, I didn't find that plotline that funny.

The part with Randy got a bit stale in the middle, but the irony of the whole thing pulled it right back up. Great way to recover. I nearly died laughing when those rednecks started shooting at Randy, and the faces on all of the black people after the ban against n*gger guy was passed. Plus the end with Stan and Token was great. The way Token reacted throughout is the kind of behavior that pisses me off, though.

8/10
Great beginning with Randy, boring middle part and great ending.

Suck on that, NAACP.
PM me for my AIM SN. Lurkers are a bitch.

Return to “Spoilers/New Episode Discussion”