*1101: With Apologies to Jesse Jackson*

Discuss new episodes without ruining them for people in other time zones.

Moderator: Big-Will

AssassinKenny

Postby AssassinKenny » Thu Mar 08, 2007 3:56 am

Athena1999 wrote:
AssassinKenny wrote:
CruciFACTION wrote:I hope every one saw it, because I don't think there going to rerun that.

$50 says tomorrow morning some black activist will speak out that Matt and Trey are racist.

It's not like someone (or a group of people) hasn't got their panties in a twist over what was said in an episode before. I'd say this one will go the way of "It Hits the Fan"-- yes, it's shown, but rarely.

It Hits the Fan is on all the time :?
Athena1999 wrote:AssassinKenny, I officially love you.

sig by Mr.Hat DX27, and that is me in that sig
CruciFACTION

Postby CruciFACTION » Thu Mar 08, 2007 4:00 am

I don't think Matt and Trey like being told what they can and can't do. so we get this.

oh, 50 bucks says that in a couple of days after the race thing clears up a little, dwarfs will speak out against the episode.
Rooster_Costume

Postby Rooster_Costume » Thu Mar 08, 2007 4:02 am

^That reminds me; Cartman finally won a fight. Hooray for him!
PM me for my AIM SN. Lurkers are a bitch.
MaxwellsSilverHammer

Postby MaxwellsSilverHammer » Thu Mar 08, 2007 4:03 am

It was a pretty good one. (Am I the only one who really DID guess "naggers?" Haha.. 'cause you know it would've had to be something other than "n#ggers..")

This was classic SP style all over the place, with the satirized "sad, emotional" scenes and all. I loved how it parodied itself in the end, too, with Stan's "deep" moment: "I get it! ..I don't get it!" "Thanks, Stan. Now you get it." :P

I do agree with Jeni, though.. Cartman's laughter went on waaaaaay too long, and it kind of deterred me from liking the B-story so much. His comments and attitude toward the midget dude were hilarious, though. What an asswipe.. but a funny asswipe, nonetheless.

"From now on, when you say the word 'n#gger,' it must be at least seven words away from the word 'guy.' " Awesomely absurd.

Overall, I think it was a really clever ep; the massive amounts of irony were what made it. Though I do wish some of the characters who have been shoved into the background had more lines, I still thought this was a fun idea, and for the most part, it played out pretty well. 9/10.
Ich bin über alles.
SoundClick [35 pieces // last update: 07.03.09]
jas0220

Postby jas0220 » Thu Mar 08, 2007 4:13 am

Season 11 is off to a great start. That episode was hilarious. The cartman and midgit thing was extremely funny, especially when he has him say "uncle". I love the whole freedom of speech aspect. It's just a word! Overall 8.75/10
js
KennyStanWendyFan

Postby KennyStanWendyFan » Thu Mar 08, 2007 4:14 am

MaxwellsSilverHammer wrote:It was a pretty good one. (Am I the only one who really DID guess "naggers?" Haha.. 'cause you know it would've had to be something other than "n#ggers..")

I went through all the vowels until I figured out the only other thing it could be, so I figured it'd be naggers too. :P
MaxwellsSilverHammer

Postby MaxwellsSilverHammer » Thu Mar 08, 2007 4:16 am

KennyStanWendyFan wrote:
MaxwellsSilverHammer wrote:It was a pretty good one. (Am I the only one who really DID guess "naggers?" Haha.. 'cause you know it would've had to be something other than "n#ggers..")

I went through all the vowels until I figured out the only other thing it could be, so I figured it'd be naggers too. :P

hehe, that's what I did.
Ich bin über alles.
SoundClick [35 pieces // last update: 07.03.09]
Aimsireil

Postby Aimsireil » Thu Mar 08, 2007 4:19 am

*I had made a post saying that I thought this episode would just be a sort of combination of "It Hits the Fan" and "Cripple Fight" but I can't find that post...

...Anyhow, I was disappointed by this episode. I mean, it had everything an episode really needs: Characters, a setting, jokes, a plot... and yet I didn't laugh or become vaguely interested at all. To quote Terry Pratchett:

"The same magic didn't seem to infuse the new play. The audience watched attentively, and went home. It wasn't that they thought it was bad. They didn't think it was anything. But the right ingredients were there, weren't they?. (Ingredients: N-word + 'Dwarf' + Jesse Jackson + Senate). Mix them all together... and they seemed to cancel out, become a mere humdrum way of filling the stage for a couple of hours."

The scene with Token arguing with Stan was repeated over and over and over. And yet they never got anywhere, until the very end, and the explanation for Token's forgiving Stan was stupid and unrealistic.

Stan pinching his nose is also stupid. In the real world, that would be regarded as "uncool" or "weird", and I'm sure Stan wouldn't want to attract those labels.

Cartman fighting the midget would have probably been funny if there had been some sort of prelude to it. I mean, the doctor was completely calm at first. Then he's wrestling in the mud. It makes no sense.

And nobody say "Well, dur, that's the way South Park does stuff." Because that doesn't make the episode any more entertaining.

Why the hell was Butters in a bar?

Why did some extra kids get more lines than Kenny did?

Why does everybody in the hallways looks over when people are talking? Not every little thing anybody says or does has to be some sort of mass gathering.

Why do the kids have lockers in the first place? It's not like they have different classes. It's just Mrs. Garrison's class. Nothing else.

Who was that teacher lady who was talking at the assembly?

How does Cartman have that much hair under his hat?

And where was Grandpa?
-----
chad_elbert

Postby chad_elbert » Thu Mar 08, 2007 4:33 am

I didn't laugh once... although the opening was amusing... hmmm.... I guessed I was amused by the mention of Jesse Jackson speaking for all black people too... no laugh though... the episode wasn't a stinker though.... it was ok.
Thunderhorse

Postby Thunderhorse » Thu Mar 08, 2007 4:45 am

Oh my god!!!!!!!!
That episode was great!
I loved the Midget fight!!!
I'm gonna watch it again later tonight to see how many times the word N!gger was said!
9.5/10
jjmac12345

Postby jjmac12345 » Thu Mar 08, 2007 4:46 am

Great start to season 11! Favorite parts include:

1. Whole Wheel of Fortune part

2. Cartman vs. Midget fight, The Sickness made it great :lol:

3. All the Nigger-Guy parts, very clever

4. the ending, I get it cause I don't get it, lol

9/10 Hopefully this is a sign of things to come for season 11
Jay C

Postby Jay C » Thu Mar 08, 2007 5:02 am

Positives:

+ Opening scene - This was pretty funny, the way Randy immedietly assumed it was 'n*ggers'. XD I had a feeling it would be 'naggers', though. :B

+ All of the Stan & Token scenes - I was loving these parts, with Stan playing the sorry white kid, and Token playing the kid who felt victimised. Actually, I think Token was trying to milk some sort of guilt from Stan, which is always awesome. XD

+ The midget's walk - Can we get a f*cking .gif of this!? XDDD

+ The message - At first I wasn't grasping it fully, as I haven't been following any of what had been happening in the news. I was onto it though near the end of the episode.

+ This line; "Yeah, well, Jesse Jackson isn't the Emperor of all black people!" - You guys have no idea how much I laughed my ass off there. XD

Negatives:

- Cartman - Eh, he seemed pretty well... everything seemed expected from him. The laughter at the start [and the length of it, dear God. If I wanted something like that, I'd go watch Peter Griffin rolling on the ground going; "AAAH!!" for nyo~n three minutes], and his "RACE WAR!" yells... seemed pretty predictable from him. :P

Saying that, I loved his reaction to being called fat by practically the whole grade. XD

The whole ending - The message was there, I just wasn't liking the ending much.

The lack of jokes regarding Jesse Jackson's hair - ... yeah. XD

Rating: 8/10

It started out great, yet it kind of wilted towards the end. Still, there were some pretty good parts during the second half that had me laughing. A pretty good episode.
Read my horrible webcomic you fat assh*le!
Smore Schnapps

Postby Smore Schnapps » Thu Mar 08, 2007 5:09 am

I can't believe all of the rediculous speculations that were written before the episode aired. Any South Park fan that has been following the work of Matt and Trey should know how extremely well versed they are in politics, national and international news, and modern culture. The discription of the show before seeing it should have instantly sparked images of Michael Richards, and the views people have about the word n*gger. ( WOW! I've been censored! :twisted: ) Obama (who will feel the wrath of ParkerStone soon enough), Gary Coleman? Come on people, do you watch the show?

That being said, this episode is definitive South Park. The way this episode depicted the double, triple, quadruple etc. standards that we have in our society is pure brilliance. I can't wait to hear and feel the endless roars of rabblers over this episode. (Seems like only yesterday that Trapped in the Closet, and Mystery of the Urinal Deuce were pissing people off) Great way to start what may be the best seasons ever with 11, 12 and 13 running through a war in Iraq, an upcoming presidential election that is resembling American Idol, the possibility of future conflicts with Sudan/Darfur, Iran, North Korea, Venezuela and probably many more, Scooter Libby, more global warming (more Al Gore?), and anything else that comes along in the next three years.

There are enough topics in the news on any given day for Matt and Trey to make hundreds of episodes, not to mention the original content that these geniuses can brainstorm and whip up in less than five days! I am very excited of the episodes to come. The more controversy this show receives the better, and more popular it gets. Keep it up!! I love it!!
Last edited by Smore Schnapps on Thu Mar 08, 2007 5:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
XBOX Live: Duff40oz
iceiwynd

Postby iceiwynd » Thu Mar 08, 2007 5:20 am

That was great! Man, I loved it - I was cracking up through so many parts. The beginning was PERFECT. That... oh man, I saw right where that was going and I was laughing since then. What a great start.

It was also very nice to see that it wasn't like It Hits the Fan, and also that they didn't have the kids saying it over, and over, and over, either. The Stan and Token parts were GREAT. All of their exchanges... Yes. Especially their last argument before Stan "got it".

Cartman's scenes were incredible, too. I kept cracking up every time he was laughing, and luckily, I didn't feel that his first laughing fit upon seeing the midget went on too long. And the shots of him laughing looked great. The fight was very nice, too, animation-wise. I enjoyed watching that.

I'd have to say that the Token/Stan and Cartman/midget parts were my favourites, although I did love the Randy parallel to real-life parts, too. Those were great, especially the whole "n*gger[/i] guy" parts - which is what most of them were, but still. And during that vote, the one black guy. "... Nay?" Ahah, great. And at least two of those rednecks were named Skeeter. All three? XD

I'm not too disappointed by the lack of Kyle or Kenny. Kyle got some lines in, especially at the end of the episode - him and Stan were great there. Man, I love that midget (AND his walk - GENIUS!). It was a nice start, and I'm hoping for some more character episodes throughout the rest of the run.

Good statement, good storylines, great one-liners in there... Aw man. The start, with Cartman shouting that the race wars were over, whites win... Aw man. XD What a beautiful episode, and now I can't wait for next week!
Kyle the Skeptic

Postby Kyle the Skeptic » Thu Mar 08, 2007 5:28 am

Just saw it. Looks like I was right about the theme, as were all the people who expected Michael Richards to make an appearance. It made me laugh quite a few times, starting with when they first showed the Wheel of Fortune board with 7 blank spaces. The opening scenes were the funniest part of the whole episode. Although it was predictable all the way through, that wasn't necessarily a bad thing. The thing I appreciate about this episode is that it actually showed quite a bit of racial sensitivity, such as in the exchanges between Stan and Token, while at the same time making their usual point about how some things often get blown too far out of proportion.

Can't wait for next week's, especially if they've planned it out to the same extent as this one.

Return to “Spoilers/New Episode Discussion”