*1101: With Apologies to Jesse Jackson*

Discuss new episodes without ruining them for people in other time zones.

Moderator: Big-Will

Big-Will
Board Moderator

Postby Big-Will » Thu Mar 08, 2007 5:40 pm

albino.black.sheep wrote:
Big-Will wrote:I didn't see a locker until I got to 7th grade.

We generally don't have them in the UK, and after 17 years of schooling I've been fine. I don't get the deal with them. I know they're supposed to be for security, but a padlock and sheet metal box wouldn't stop your average chav from kicking it in for a gym kit... which they'd probably only burn anyway.

It was never about security, it's about convenience. You put your books and other things in your locker so you don't have to lug them everywhere you go, and believe me, you can end up with 15, 20 pounds on your back easily. I went to my locker to put away books I didn't need for the day or for homework, and my payload was lighter, thank you very much. :)

Of course, with all those books in all those lockers, it does become a security issue, as an afterthought. And since the schoolbooks weren't mine, I'd just ask my teacher(s) to replace any stolen books. Luckily, no one ever stole my schoolbooks. 8)

College was a different matter: no lockers there unless you wanted to pay for storage.
The South Park Scriptorium
The South Park Scriptorium on Facebook

Favorite Character: Butters
Need to look for something on the board? Use the search links below: US version
swellman7

Postby swellman7 » Thu Mar 08, 2007 5:46 pm

albino.black.sheep wrote:I think heard the word in one form or another 42 times, for those that wanted a figure.

That's what it seemed to be, but in their is a part where Randy is walking down the street and a group of 3 kids shout out "n*gger guy,n*gger guy". That would technically count as 6 times raher than 2.

And also, in the part where the crazy rednecks are driving off in their truck, you can here one of them saying "n*gger guy". It's hard to hear, though, over the sound of their shotguns.

This would add up the grand total to 47 times.
Stanley_Marsh109

Postby Stanley_Marsh109 » Thu Mar 08, 2007 5:50 pm

Finally was able to watch the episode online. I thought it started off strong, but the subplot with the n*gger Guy group was dumb and pointless, as was the session in Congress. Cartman vs. Midget was classic SP. All the other parallels drawn between the political correctness fiasco that we have today were great. All in all a pretty solid episode.
I'm only happy when I'm in my misery...

Thanks to Mr. Hat_DX27 for the sig!
albino.black.sheep

Postby albino.black.sheep » Thu Mar 08, 2007 5:50 pm

Big-Will wrote:You put your books and other things in your locker so you don't have to lug them everywhere you go, and believe me, you can end up with 15, 20 pounds on your back easily.

LOL I know, I remember lugging my text books around. And my PE kit. I used to dread Mondays. Oh, those were the days... typing BOOBLESS on your calculator and collecting your scabs in a matchbox for your penpal. Good times.
Email notifications do matter, people.
SPF4L#1

Postby SPF4L#1 » Thu Mar 08, 2007 5:57 pm

Pretty good episode. Didn't really blow me away though.

What's noticeable about the later seasons in general to me is that each episode is based almost entirely around its core elements. They're structured on the basis of one or two running gags that are further developed as time progresses. In the earlier days, episodes seems to have a wider variety of jokes and seemed to be less focussed on a single point.

Not saying it's a bad thing really, but that's the way it goes.
If you can be bothered...please check out this poll:
http://misterpoll.com/4270026923.html
albino.black.sheep

Postby albino.black.sheep » Thu Mar 08, 2007 5:58 pm

swellman7 wrote:That's what it seemed to be, but in their is a part where Randy is walking down the street and a group of 3 kids shout out "n*gger guy,n*gger guy". That would technically count as 6 times raher than 2.

But if you're counting that as 6, what about all the people in the club who were encouraged by the comedian to say hello to Randy? It'd be impossible to count all of them, you don't know how many were there.

Anyway, this is sad arguing about it. I'm stopping right now. 42 is my answer, you can take it or leave it.
BRMBug

Postby BRMBug » Thu Mar 08, 2007 6:03 pm

KennyStanWendyFan wrote:
Pirateogta wrote:that episode sucked except for the beginning and the midget plotline. there should have been a mass extermination of all n*ggers at the end or something, that would have done it.

6.2/10

crackers

wow so the word n*ggers is censored but not crackers... wow. I'm never watching this f*cking show again. that does it.

honkeys

so insults for the superior race are okay but not for the inferior race?

(MERGING SEVERAL POSTS INTO ONE)

Thanks KSWF for that.

dude... just... please.
(it's taking all my strength not to change his name in the quote to "butt-Pirateogta". But I want to take the high road here.)

EDIT: Also, in High School, I barely used my locker Junior and Senior year. I only had 3 classes a day (work program) and I generally needed all my books at home, or on me to do homework.
Last edited by BRMBug on Thu Mar 08, 2007 6:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Big-Will
Board Moderator

Postby Big-Will » Thu Mar 08, 2007 6:04 pm

albino.black.sheep wrote:Anyway, this is sad arguing about it. I'm stopping right now. 42 is my answer, you can take it or leave it.

Good idea, for you surely know that...

42 is The Answer to The Ultimate Question Of Life, the Universe, and Everything

So long and thanks for all the fish! :D
The South Park Scriptorium
The South Park Scriptorium on Facebook

Favorite Character: Butters
Need to look for something on the board? Use the search links below: US version
swellman7

Postby swellman7 » Thu Mar 08, 2007 6:06 pm

albino.black.sheep wrote:
swellman7 wrote:That's what it seemed to be, but in their is a part where Randy is walking down the street and a group of 3 kids shout out "n*gger guy,n*gger guy". That would technically count as 6 times raher than 2.

But if you're counting that as 6, what about all the people in the club who were encouraged by the comedian to say hello to the n*gger-guy? It'd be impossible to count all of them, you don't know how many were there.

Anyway, this is sad arguing about it. I'm stopping right now. 42 is my answer, you can take it or leave it.

Well, you do have a point there.

Swellman7 wrote:And also, in the part where the crazy rednecks are driving off in their truck, you can here one of them saying "n*gger guy". It's hard to hear, though, over the sound of their shotguns.

^But this part would bring the total count up to 43.

So I'll leave at 43. And yeah, you're right this would be a lame thing to get into a deep argument about. So i'll stop now.
Aym_Dand

Postby Aym_Dand » Thu Mar 08, 2007 6:11 pm

Solid SP. I was very pleased. These guys still have it, despite getting older and older each year, which usually has a way of curbing comedy. With the exception of course of Norman Lear.

Anyway, some thoughts:

1. I had a discussion with a black co-worker about this very thing during the height of the Michael Richards controversy, and I made him explain to me why "n*gger" was so bad but honkey or spic or kike weren't worthy of congressional hearings. He explained to me the long, savage history of the way black people were treated in this country (spics and kikes came here by choice, blacks didn't), and in the end we both agreed about the same thing Stan said: I would never get it.

2. I saw Pam Brady was listed with a writing credit. Although I enjoyed her show "The Loop," if it being cancelled means she gets to lend her tremendous comedic talents to South Park again, then f*ck Fox and let's all celebrate.

3. This was an oddly Sorkin-like script by Trey, with parallel plot-lines depicting two sides to the same sordid issue. I enjoyed the concept more than the actual delivery, though, because it's rarely laugh-out-loud funny when someone is laughing out loud onscreen. Thus, the Cartman/midget subplot was relatively weak, but definitely salvaged by how f*cking funny that little thing looked when it walked. Such... rhythm!

4. Weird world: I had just started re-reading Hunter S. Thompson's "The Great Shark Hunt" a day before this episode aired and HST was in the background of the spoken word scene.

5. Speaking of which, I thought that spoken word thing Randy did was awesome. An amazing parody of spoken-word, black-pride-poets, beat-stream-style, as well as a pretty decent, funny poem itself. Well done!

6. That law about keeping the word "n*gger" at least seven words from the word "guy" was a brilliant satire of the way our government thinks and creates laws.

7. Token refusing to acknowledge Stan's apologies for something he didin't even do nor ever had any malicious intentions is typical behavior for a n*gger.

Whoops...

http://youtube.com/watch?v=nSD-Tk0Z3zI

http://www.gonefiction.com
albino.black.sheep

Postby albino.black.sheep » Thu Mar 08, 2007 6:15 pm

OK, Swellman, I'll go with that. After all, a retort after characters exit does seem to be Matt and Trey's style.
djadonis206

Postby djadonis206 » Thu Mar 08, 2007 6:43 pm

The epsiode was hilarious -

N[]ggers - someone who annoys you

poor randy said the wrong word and all hell broke loose - the funniest part is when he had to kiss jesse jackson's *ss - hahahahahahaaahahaha

the correct answer was naggers...

but I think they used the real N word well over 100 times

I love this show

9/10

ad
"...So Long Balls!"
Dana the southparkateer

Postby Dana the southparkateer » Thu Mar 08, 2007 7:22 pm

The episode was pretty good, specially the begining, and I like the cartman and the midget fighting part. Looks like season 11 is gonna be great.
Van_Hellsing

Postby Van_Hellsing » Thu Mar 08, 2007 7:25 pm

I really enjoyed the episode, my only gripe with this and most SP episodes these days is that i'm sick of M&T more or less letting us know where the plot is going from the start.

I miss the faint plot and very random episodes, I always thought they had the most clever jokes hidden within the madness. (like this probably hasn't been said before)

Still like I said I enjoyed the hell out of this anyway.

8.0/10

Wow, what a gr gr great audience.
candies

Postby candies » Thu Mar 08, 2007 7:33 pm

with apologies ro Jesse Jackson

wow.........that episode was complety weird and freakin hysterica season 11 I've ever seen! two of my favorite characters and scenes was pure genius

Fav scenes:

the Wheel of Fourtune scene: when Randy said the N-word on National television and everyone was totally shocked ( awesome)

Cartman yelling" race war! It's going down! It's ( bleeping) down!
( had me bust a gut)

Just loved the David Nelson part all the way through and Cartman bust out laughing when he see him!! ( very interesting)

Jesse Jackson let Randy apologies by kissing his ass ( eww) witch it was freakin funny :D :D

Rednacks chasing Randy because he said the N-word

Cartman beat the crap of David Nelson and that was totally worth it
( funniest fights)

Now, I think that epsidoe was 10 times better than Stanley's cup and Hell on Earth 2006!!!

Can't wait to see nest week episode!!genius episode Matt n Trey totally AWESOME ACTORS JOKE :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D
Xandir: And the important we are together, Draw toge--(Gets hit by the head)

Mr.Garrison: You go to Hell, You go to Hell and you die!

Return to “Spoilers/New Episode Discussion”