*1101: With Apologies to Jesse Jackson*

Discuss new episodes without ruining them for people in other time zones.

Moderator: Big-Will

Killahertz9

Postby Killahertz9 » Fri Mar 09, 2007 9:20 pm

Pretty good episode. I enjoyed some of the Jessie Jackson ass kissing, stan not getting racial discrimination, and the "little person" mobility. Even though I enjoyed the episode, I thought the timing was a little late IMHO. I mean comedy is all about the timing and it would have been even funnier if this episode aired closer to the Michael Richards incident.
triplemultiplex

Postby triplemultiplex » Fri Mar 09, 2007 10:45 pm

One thing that really helped the midget plotline was the midget's voice. When he told Cartman to shut his f*cking mouth, that voice just makes a somewhat funny line super funny.

And the dripping irony as Randy announces his scholarship fund and he tells the black audience that they "don't know what it's like to be reminded of something lame from your past". Brilliant.

Best episode of the season. :lol:

You read it! You can't unread it!
Killahertz9

Postby Killahertz9 » Sat Mar 10, 2007 2:33 am

[quote="triplemultiplex":0e331]Best episode of the season. :lol:[/quote:0e331]

:lol:
thrush

Postby thrush » Sat Mar 10, 2007 3:29 am

Can anyone tell me why the N word is so offensive, even if it is not said in an offensive context?
hainted

Postby hainted » Sat Mar 10, 2007 4:03 am

Pirateogta wrote:It doesn't matter what f*cking state you're from, 95% of Americans are downright retarded, especially in the South.

Yeah like people from So Cal. :lol:

For Science's sake, 90% of the people I encounter on forums like this think that the word "anyway" is pronounced "anyways" and even more people are too stupid to correctly use the saying "I couldn't care less" instead saying "I COULD care less"!!!!

Arguing with these people is a hopeless cause. You know something's wrong when people's excuse for not using proper grammar and spelling is that they're "not in English class". The whole point of f*cking English class is so when you're not in English class, you don't sound like a complete f*cking moron.

What does any of that have to do with this episode? It's funny because you said almost everyone is dumb but then you did something dumb. :lol:

But dat english sh*t be whack dog. f*ck da police!

^ It's that nagger guy! :lol:

If it isn't obvious there's no God by now, then I don't know what else to say...

What do your views/opinions about God have to do with this episode? You did something dumb again Mr. Smarty Pants! :lol:

What makes you think anyone cares about your opinion of God which is totally irrelevent to this discussion of this episode?

Maybe you're just a part of that 95% of dumbasses. :lol:
Smore Schnapps

Postby Smore Schnapps » Sat Mar 10, 2007 4:40 am

For Science's sake, 90% of the people I encounter on forums like this think that the word "anyway" is pronounced "anyways" and even more people are too stupid to correctly use the saying "I couldn't care less" instead saying "I COULD care less"!!!!

Arguing with these people is a hopeless cause. You know something's wrong when people's excuse for not using proper grammar and spelling is that they're "not in English class". The whole point of f*cking English class is so when you're not in English class, you don't sound like a complete f*cking moron.

What does any of that have to do with this episode? It's funny because you said almost everyone is dumb but then you did something dumb. :lol:.

He didn't mention people saying supposably instead of supposedly. I hate when people say that. It has been so overused by idiots that is now accepted in the American vernacular. I am so glad I only have to live in this world for the next 60 to 70 years. Humans are becoming dumber and dumber! Ebonics? Let's praise stupidity and let it empower us! (enpower-hey look another one!) Watch the movie Idiocracy from Mike Judge for a frightening look at the future of America. Although it is an over the top comedy, it looks plausible. Good luck future generations!
XBOX Live: Duff40oz
hainted

disappointed..

Postby hainted » Sat Mar 10, 2007 6:25 am

I just saw this episode for the third time except this time some of the lines in it have been edited or changed around.WTF did the censors get ahold of it or something?
Big-Will
Board Moderator

Postby Big-Will » Sat Mar 10, 2007 7:50 am

I'd like to know what lines were changed, if you don't mind. :)

thrush wrote:Can anyone tell me why the N word is so offensive, even if it is not said in an offensive context?

Because black people are still smarting from centuries of slavery and discrimination, and it was white folk who called them n*ggers first.

Oh yeah, the official count: 42 times. Depending on the lines that were changed, the count could rise or fall.
The South Park Scriptorium
The South Park Scriptorium on Facebook

Favorite Character: Butters
Need to look for something on the board? Use the search links below: US version
thrush

Postby thrush » Sat Mar 10, 2007 10:44 am

that actually doesn't answer my question.
you answered because black people are still smarting over hundreds of years of prejudice and discrimination. and whites used this word.

how did they use this word and What does this word mean?
Xtrchessreal

Postby Xtrchessreal » Sat Mar 10, 2007 11:37 am

another awesome episode.

I missed the first scene so I will look for an encore on Sunday.

Full of laughs all the way through. Your ironies you come up with are excruciatingly funny at times.

I don't know if Matt and Trey actually try to explain things from the opposite side or if they are just genius at their depth of understanding and simply run irony in its face but, this episode I think will hit home for many whites. It will give them some new understanding of the black perspective while in the middle of a laugh. For some it may even cause a sh*t storm of blocked or suppressed memories to come flowing out from the guilt of some misguided yet terrible thing they did in their youth. Only now for the first time realizing the depth of their stupidity, then.

I love this hard edge stuff, its fantastic.

X
Seeing the LIGHT depends on which end of the Tunnel you are heading...
Xtrchessreal

Postby Xtrchessreal » Sat Mar 10, 2007 11:57 am

I hate the improper use of words like:

Pacifically for Specifically (A Woman I worked for in the Library at the University of Colorado said this repeatedly)
Then for Than
Your for You are
There for their
Ax for ask
Dis for This
Satin for Satan (I saw this in some graffiti, it really makes a statement.)

Makes me want to shoot the person, I get mildly upset at the stupidity of it for a few seconds and then I get back to my Zen.

Unless you are intentionally using it for a point or trying to type with an accent as it were the Redneck Dictionary, as in Blue collar comedy, it goes a long way to discredit your meaning and your reasoning.

X
Seeing the LIGHT depends on which end of the Tunnel you are heading...
Big-Will
Board Moderator

Postby Big-Will » Sat Mar 10, 2007 12:10 pm

thrush wrote:that actually doesn't answer my question.
you answered because black people are still smarting over hundreds of years of prejudice and discrimination. and whites used this word.

how did they use this word and What does this word mean?

It's a corrupt form of Negro, the Spanish word for black, black person. (Negro comes from Latin niger, which is the basis for Niger and Nigeria, so you can see how n*gger harkens back to niger) You figure out how they used it.
The South Park Scriptorium
The South Park Scriptorium on Facebook

Favorite Character: Butters
Need to look for something on the board? Use the search links below: US version
albino.black.sheep

Postby albino.black.sheep » Sat Mar 10, 2007 12:34 pm

I'm not an advocate of the word n*gger, but where will it stop with a ban on the word?

It's like Cartman's theory on getting Family Guy cancelled. If you get one word banned, others will fall. First, it'll probably be other racial slurs, I'm OK with that. Being called 'Kate the Kike' and being told I killed Jesus (yeah, I did it on my own 2000 years ago) is getting old. But will it move on to seeing swear words verbotten?

Big-Will wrote:Oh yeah, the official count: 42 times.

WOOHOO! *Little dance ensues.*
Email notifications do matter, people.
AssassinKenny

Postby AssassinKenny » Sat Mar 10, 2007 11:04 pm

Only 42? I was thinking at least over 60
Athena1999 wrote:AssassinKenny, I officially love you.

sig by Mr.Hat DX27, and that is me in that sig
danielprive6

Postby danielprive6 » Sun Mar 11, 2007 3:21 am

f*ck da police

Return to “Spoilers/New Episode Discussion”