*1101: With Apologies to Jesse Jackson*

Discuss new episodes without ruining them for people in other time zones.

Moderator: Big-Will

AngusMcTavish

Postby AngusMcTavish » Sun Mar 11, 2007 4:14 am

Naivok wrote:I was dieing at the part where Cartman told the midget to say "Caroline! don't go into the light!" because that midget did kinda look like that old lady from Poltergeist hahah

I thought he looked more like Kim Jong Il, personally. :lol: But yeah, that scene was a riot! And the movie quote, well, I do love a good reference gag.

I did notice on Thursday's repeat that with Closed Caption on, when anyone said "n***er-guy," the caption simply read "N-guy." If this sounds odd, it's nothing new. I've seen where CC censors the word while you hear it on the show ("Crank Yankers" did that a few times), as well as bleeped dialogue with uncensored CC (When ComCen had "Kid Notorious," the first couple of eps had that.)!
skippy78

Postby skippy78 » Sun Mar 11, 2007 10:47 am

Pirateogta wrote:It doesn't matter what f*cking state you're from, 95% of Americans are downright retarded, especially in the South.

Did somebody get up and get down with the sickness?

Pirateogta wrote:For Science's sake, 90% of the people I encounter on forums like this think that the word "anyway" is pronounced "anyways" and even more people are too stupid to correctly use the saying "I couldn't care less" instead saying "I COULD care less"!!!!

For scientology's sake you mean? I'm sure most people could care less.

Pirateogta wrote:But dat english sh*t be whack dog. f*ck da police!

If it isn't obvious there's no God by now, then I don't know what else to say...

Why would we need a God when we have people like you who are holier than thou?

ANYWAYS, Great episode! I thought Randy having to kiss Jesse Jackson's ass was hilarious. :lol:
proline00

BINGO !

Postby proline00 » Sun Mar 11, 2007 12:03 pm

I realized that in the beginning the letters BNG and O are chosen by Randy.

if the letter I were to be between B and N - it would have spelled BINGO ;)

Try to bring me down - oop aap your too late!
southparkmaster777

Postby southparkmaster777 » Sun Mar 11, 2007 5:25 pm

I thought this episode was great! Especially the part when cartman could not stop laughing. And the n*gger guy was a good yet funny plot. Good season start.
Cartman kicks ass!!!
eatmydeaduterus

Postby eatmydeaduterus » Sun Mar 11, 2007 5:47 pm

Ooohhhh this was a damn good episode. It's pretty tough to open this can of worms without being insultingly simplistic or a hamstrung chickenshit, but they managed it. I was the token brown face at school and I've gone through pretty much every single standpoint, but in the end having a fecking sense of humour wins every time.

btw is it just me or was Cartman's voice slightly off? The pitch wasn't quite right and it sounded deeper than usual.
albino.black.sheep

Postby albino.black.sheep » Sun Mar 11, 2007 6:12 pm

eatmydeaduterus wrote:btw is it just me or was Cartman's voice slightly off? The pitch wasn't quite right and it sounded deeper than usual.

I thought that about Stan's voice. Maybe they're reaching puberty... or Trey has a sore throat.
Email notifications do matter, people.
eatmydeaduterus

Postby eatmydeaduterus » Sun Mar 11, 2007 6:44 pm

Actually, yes, just watched a bit again and Stan sounds off too. Hmmm.....
Morpheus414

Postby Morpheus414 » Sun Mar 11, 2007 7:24 pm

You know, I just finished looking at this and I honestly don't know what to think. I.....

I love the ending.

"I get it! I don't get it."
All Hail Matt and Trey.
hainted

Postby hainted » Mon Mar 12, 2007 4:42 am

Big-Will wrote:I'd like to know what lines were changed, if you don't mind. :)

Here's a couple I could have swore changed:

When Cartman and the midget guy were in principal Victoria's office the midget says to Eric,"no matter what you say I can rise above it", and Eric says,"rise above it! , get it? as if he can rise above anything"...but in the later version he just said: ,"rise above it! , get it?" and that's it.

Also Eric says "look how his face turns all red...he looks like a little strawberry"... but his face wasn't really red but in the later version it was red.

When the midget was in the gym and he told the kids that he wanted to teach Eric a lesson he told them "now when Eric comes in I want you all to say HELLO FATSO" but the kids originally said "good morning fatso" which at the time I thought was funny.
But in the later version they did say it the way the midget asked them to "HELLO FATSO"... etc.

^And the way they said it was as different as night and day too.The first couple times I saw it they said "good morning fatso" in an upbeat happy sounding way like in Chinpokoman when they are saying "herro Garrisonsan"....but in the later version they sound down and dejected as if they are reluctant to mess with Cartman and they sounded down in the mouth when they said "hello fatso"...so they said "good morning fatso" up,but in the later version they said "hello fatso" down.

And I thought maybe some of the redneck dialogue changed too but after just watching it again for the 4th time I'm not sure.

Are they playing jokes on the fans again? :lol:

Dude that is not cool.

Anywhow this episode is extremely brilliant.Lots of the shoe being on the other foot in there as well.
Hamster at Dawn

Postby Hamster at Dawn » Mon Mar 12, 2007 4:49 pm

This episode was OK.
It wasn't a bad episode but I have certainly seen much better.
I was laughing most of the way through but I didn't find anything really funny.

I give it 7/10
shideg

Postby shideg » Wed Mar 14, 2007 5:28 pm

Pirateogta wrote:It doesn't matter what f*cking state you're from, 95% of Americans are downright retarded, especially in the South.

For Science's sake, 90% of the people I encounter on forums like this think that the word "anyway" is pronounced "anyways" and even more people are too stupid to correctly use the saying "I couldn't care less" instead saying "I COULD care less"!!!!

Arguing with these people is a hopeless cause. You know something's wrong when people's excuse for not using proper grammar and spelling is that they're "not in English class". The whole point of f*cking English class is so when you're not in English class, you don't sound like a complete f*cking moron.

But dat english sh*t be whack dog. f*ck da police!

If it isn't obvious there's no God by now, then I don't know what else to say...

You are my hero.
Faithbound

Postby Faithbound » Sat Mar 17, 2007 6:59 am

I liked this episode. I liked Cartman Sucks better though.
blues rocker

Postby blues rocker » Thu Mar 29, 2007 2:37 pm

this episode was so-so...not horrible, but not that great either.

they couldn't really top the wheel of fortune opening...after that, the rest of the show just paled in comparison.
Kevlar2351

Postby Kevlar2351 » Thu Mar 29, 2007 4:43 pm

blues rocker wrote:this episode was so-so...not horrible, but not that great either.

they couldn't really top the wheel of fortune opening...after that, the rest of the show just paled in comparison.

What about when he's opening his scholarship fund?

"You guys really can't understand what it's like to be discriminated against everywhere you go." "Is this guy serious?"

Or after he apologizes to Jesse Jackson

Stan-"Look Token, my dad apologized to Reverend Jesse Jackson and so everything's alright and I just wanted to let you know that." Token-"REVEREND JESSE JACKSON IS NOT THE EMPEROR OF ALL BLACK PEOPLE!" Stan-"He told my dad he was!"

I think this episode has been the best of the season so far (If I watched 24 it may have been The Snuke but this one takes it)
deputy_fife111

Postby deputy_fife111 » Fri Mar 30, 2007 9:29 pm

Kevlar2351 wrote:
blues rocker wrote:this episode was so-so...not horrible, but not that great either.

What about when he's opening his scholarship fund?

"You guys really can't understand what it's like to be discriminated against everywhere you go." "Is this guy serious?"

Or after he apologizes to Jesse Jackson

Stan-"Look Token, my dad apologized to Reverend Jesse Jackson and so everything's alright and I just wanted to let you know that." Token-"REVEREND JESSE JACKSON IS NOT THE EMPEROR OF ALL BLACK PEOPLE!" Stan-"He told my dad he was!"

I think this episode has been the best of the season so far (If I watched 24 it may have been The Snuke but this one takes it)

Totaly agree best episode of the season thus far, and one of the best episodes of all time i think.
Do vegetarians eat animal crackers? -George Carlin

Return to “Spoilers/New Episode Discussion”