*1101: With Apologies to Jesse Jackson*

Discuss new episodes without ruining them for people in other time zones.

Moderator: Big-Will

ShaneHaughey

Postby ShaneHaughey » Thu Mar 08, 2007 8:11 am

Big-Will wrote:
Pirateogta wrote:you know you're a loser when you have 9006 posts on a South Park forum, WOW!

Oh come on! It took him THREE LONG PAINSTAKING YEARS to get that many posts! :lol: Leave him alone!

Yeah, and I didn't even have internet access half the time! Imagine the torture!

BW, your thoughts on the episode?
That's how it's down here on the farm!
Big-Will
Board Moderator

Postby Big-Will » Thu Mar 08, 2007 8:16 am

Pirateogta wrote:wow so the word n*ggers is censored but not crackers... wow. I'm never watching this f*cking show again. that does it.

Whew! We can rest easy knowing you won't be posting here again, since you're never watching this f*cking show again. :)

ShaneHaughey wrote:BW, your thoughts on the episode?

Pretty tame opener, but good otherwise.
The South Park Scriptorium
The South Park Scriptorium on Facebook

Favorite Character: Butters
Need to look for something on the board? Use the search links below: US version
gooneh

Postby gooneh » Thu Mar 08, 2007 8:30 am

I'm with Big Will, really solid episode, but nothing that spectacular. That being said, i was in stitches for the first 10-15 minutes, and the end just seemed to trail off a bit (stan's speech at the end seemed a bit awkward, like they ran out of time trying to squeeze in 3 plots or something :P).

8.5/10 for me, nice openner :o
raducucosmin

Postby raducucosmin » Thu Mar 08, 2007 9:00 am

it was a good episode. and i was so hap[py the new season started, until i saw this guys post: Pirateogta
now i'm just sad :(
well, now I'm old enough , but still can't stick my dick in Britney's butt
Spacefille

Postby Spacefille » Thu Mar 08, 2007 9:56 am

Eh... that was pretty straight forward commentary there. I don't think anyone is going to call Matt and Trey a bunch of racists, though they may be called insensitive. (Like that doesn't happen all the time.)

I really actually loved the episode. Which was odd and I think I've been exposed to American TV too long.

I'm Canadian and download my South Park off the net because it's not going to hit our airwaves for another 2 months. That being said I live in a sheltered universe and I hadn't heard the n-word until I was about 14 and only had the vague sense that it was a negative word I shouldn't ever use. Then this summer I went to a convention with a bunch of friends from the States and nearly had a little heart attack when one of those friends, who was white, came into the room and said "WHATZ UP NIGGAS" very loudly. Prime example of the episodes point about people using it more and more I suppose, unless that was common before... O_o;

Notes on the episode:

Even the black guys in the audience thought the word was "n*ggers" during the Wheel of Fortune scene, which I found amusing. Only Randy caught sh*t for it.

I love how everyone knows that Randy is stupid, including Randy. XD

I found Randy's poetry reading scene really embarrassing to watch for some reason.

I've become quite a fan of Craig, and enjoyed his "I don't think that would be a very good idea sir" thing about calling Cartman fat.

I also enjoyed how Cartman instantly forgot about being upset over being called fat the moment he saw the midget again.

AND that Principal Victoria and Mr. Mackey both tried to warn the Doctor about Cartman. It's so true. Cartman will never change.

HAHA Cartman won a fight. I also noticed that Cartman seems to talk to Kyle the most for some reason that probably has to do with Cartman actually liking him. He instantly picked out Kyle as the person who set them all up to call him fat (expected) and happily tells Kyle that the midget isn't allowed to talk he'll laugh too hard. (Talking to Kyle = also expected based on the last season where he went to San Fran to save his butt).

Anyone else notice that Butters has completely replaced Kenny? In previous seasons it would have been Kenny who came running up to Stan and Token to tell them about the fight. Stan would have just been like "what, Cartman's going to fight the midget?" in response to the muffled Kenny talk, but nope, Butters told them instead.

Lastly I felt the episode ended strongly with the "I don't get it!" "now you get it!" thing. So many times it seems that they have no idea how to end well and fall flat. I felt this one was pretty strong.
Last edited by Spacefille on Thu Mar 08, 2007 10:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
BRMBug

Postby BRMBug » Thu Mar 08, 2007 10:00 am

Rooster_Costume wrote:Haven't posted here in a while, hiya guys!

:shock: ... :shock: Why I thought you were dead! I-I don't even know who told me that, but I'm so glad it wasn't true!

This is long, bear with me.

-Well, of course, I was stoked (yeah, I said "stoked") upon seeing the opening credits.
-"Randy Marsh, Come on down!!!" Oh wait, wrong game show, my bad. But still, Wheel?
- N_GGERS... I still had no clue what it could be until Vanna turned that letter. And that brings up another thing, I may not have majored in English, or even made any sort of good grades in the subject, but should that word even be spelled with 2 g's? Oh, and when I saw n_ggers, I knew what he was going to say, but I was still curled up in a ball, watching it through my fingers like Kyle in Passion of the Jew.
- "Race War! Race War!" lol.
- Dave Nelson ties in to n-ger because... (Ok brain, it's South Park, just roll with it...)
- Uh oh, uh oh! Cartman over-laughing, Cartman over-laughing! Oh... jeeze... interest waining, interest waining... gah!
- Oh, and by the way, my guess is that that new teacher is the new Kindergarten teacher.
- Lol, "Philistine Cigarettes"
- Also, that picture of Rosie O'Donnell, and Principal Victoria in the office :?
- "Dress them up like beavers"?
- Coffee House scene... What the f*ck.
- I was about ready to punt that little fat-ass in the gym scene.
- I also had a feeling "we don't take kindly" would appear in this ep.
- Aaaand, there's Kramer.
- I laughed when Stan and Token stopped in the middle of their fight to run off and watch Cartman fight the midge.
- The fight; damn, fatass has really let his hair grow out. He's just about [] this far away from hippie status. Also, I can't see what he was laughing at when he had Dave pinned down at first, unless it was his ass, but still.
- "Oh come on, you're the biggest nigger-guy in Washington" XD
- "Nnnay?" also, an XD
- "Tom, it appears that the "nigger-guy" epidemic is ov.. aww, dammit, I said it didn't I." lol.
- Oh, and "Say uncle" isn't Christmas Story to me. Hell, I can't think of a single person who hasn't done that to someone, or had it done to them at one point in their lives.
- The ending was kind of "ennh".

All in all, 8/10. Although I'm only giving it that because it's the start of a new run, and I'm glad to be seeing something new.
iceiwynd

Postby iceiwynd » Thu Mar 08, 2007 10:15 am

Spacefille wrote:I'm Canadian and download my South Park off the net because it's not going to hit our airwaves for another 2 months.

Two months? XD Oh, you silly person. Try mid-late October at the absolute earliest.

Really enjoyed watching the episode with better quality (re: AVI), too. I think I can pinpoint my favourite scene to the start of the Cartman/midget fight now.

Also, in response to some earlier complaints:

Why the hell was Butters in a bar?

Butters was in the bar, Kyle was in the bar, and Ike was in the bar because it was used as a kind of gathering spot to cheer Randy on. They had parental supervision and nothing bad was going on.

Why does everybody in the hallways looks over when people are talking? Not every little thing anybody says or does has to be some sort of mass gathering.

Everybody knew what had happened with Stan's dad, and everybody knows that Token is black. Obviously, there's gonna be some interest in how they interact.

Why do the kids have lockers in the first place? It's not like they have different classes. It's just Mrs. Garrison's class. Nothing else.

I had a small locker, about the size of theirs, when I was in fourth grade, and I only had two teachers and stayed in one room the whole day.
BRMBug

Postby BRMBug » Thu Mar 08, 2007 10:21 am

iceiwynd wrote:I had a small locker, about the size of theirs, when I was in fourth grade, and I only had two teachers and stayed in one room the whole day.

Me too, but mine was more like a cubby-hole, and I had to go across the building to go to another class.
iceiwynd

Postby iceiwynd » Thu Mar 08, 2007 10:26 am

Well, I had cubbyholes from first-third grade. In fourth grade, I had a real locker, with an actual lock and everything. Pretty much in the exact style of their new lockers (which seem to be a popular scene choice nowadays), except we had to supply our own locks.
Im_not_Gay

Postby Im_not_Gay » Thu Mar 08, 2007 11:44 am

I'm so happy! Seasons 11 is off to a great start. I couldn't stop laughing whenever Cartman laughed at the midget, that was so cool. And with the fight at the end, that Poltergeist quote was awesome, "Carolanne, go into the light!" Hahahahaha! Loved the irony of Randy's plotline, especially when he's walking down the strret and people are calling him n*ggerguy!
All in all, a really class episode. Not as good as some previous episodes, but if they keep it at this level, I'll have no worries. Too be honest, I was getting a little concerned by the end of series 10, so lets hope it's back on track now!
South Park Rules! :lol:
"What the heck is a rim job?"

"Oh well that's where you put your legs behind your head and have someone lick your ass"...
Big-Will
Board Moderator

Postby Big-Will » Thu Mar 08, 2007 11:52 am

iceiwynd wrote:Well, I had cubbyholes from first-third grade. In fourth grade, I had a real locker, with an actual lock and everything. Pretty much in the exact style of their new lockers (which seem to be a popular scene choice nowadays), except we had to supply our own locks.

I didn't see a locker until I got to 7th grade. Until then, we put our backpacks into a closet or in or under our desks.
The South Park Scriptorium
The South Park Scriptorium on Facebook

Favorite Character: Butters
Need to look for something on the board? Use the search links below: US version
ugogo_uswimswim

Postby ugogo_uswimswim » Thu Mar 08, 2007 12:56 pm

I'm sorry, but I was a little dissapointed. I thought if Cartman got his ass beat by the dwarf (I guess that's the more politically correct term...iunno) it would have been a lot funnier. But I feel as if Cartman and the dwarf and their whole story was just Family Guy humor. Maybe a filler. I'm not saying that if you liked it then you're stupid or anything like that. If you like that kind of humor that's fine, but I require something a little more....well, I guess something where you have to use your brain a little more. I did think that the part in the beginning with the Wheel of Fourtune was great! I would have never guessed nagger just simply becasue the word n*gger is so shocking that's all my mind would be set on...but hey guys, at least I don't get it!
Art is what happens when you learn to DREAM!!! -Atlantis Squarepantis

The only good Slash is the one from Guns N' Roses.
Sonnyvice

Postby Sonnyvice » Thu Mar 08, 2007 1:07 pm

I'm disappointed. Season 10 was totally crap, but I hoped that they could improve something... I was wrong.

Well, 11x01 had good beginning and funny ending, but nearly all other material was slighty boring, including mindless and stupid Cartman vs. midget plot :roll: I don't like the way how South Park nowadays uses political plots, new unfunny characters etc.
South Park is still going to wrong direction :cry:
KateLovesKyle16

Postby KateLovesKyle16 » Thu Mar 08, 2007 1:19 pm

To be honest I did not really like it, I mean it was ok but the plot was kind of stupid with the whole midget thing. The whole n*gger guy thing was pretty funny at times. I loved that they played the disturbed song, down with sickness, that made my day.
[img:31e77]http://i145.photobucket.com/albums/r219/Southpark2007/gg.png[/img:31e77]
Spacefille

Postby Spacefille » Thu Mar 08, 2007 1:32 pm

Sonnyvice wrote:... nearly all other material was slighty boring, including mindless and stupid Cartman vs. midget plot :roll: I don't like the way how South Park nowadays uses political plots, new unfunny characters etc.

Dude wait a minute... you thought the mindless/stupid midget plot AND the not so mindless political plot were BOTH bad??

What on earth did you like in this show? Terrence and Phillip farting on each other? Kenny dying in a totally predicable way every single episode?

Return to “Spoilers/New Episode Discussion”