*1101: With Apologies to Jesse Jackson*

Discuss new episodes without ruining them for people in other time zones.

Moderator: Big-Will

Cock_Beer

Postby Cock_Beer » Thu Mar 08, 2007 1:41 pm

Did anyone else notice the picture of Hunter S. Thompson in the background during Randy's poetry reading? Did anyone catch what it said? Overall I loved the new episode, totally worth my anticipation.
BRMBug

Postby BRMBug » Thu Mar 08, 2007 1:45 pm

Cock_Beer wrote:Did anyone else notice the picture of Hunter S. Thompson in the background during Randy's poetry reading? Did anyone catch what it said? Overall I loved the new episode, totally worth my anticipation.

Is that who that was?
Cock_Beer

Postby Cock_Beer » Thu Mar 08, 2007 1:47 pm

yeah, I was psyched.
Olivia42

Postby Olivia42 » Thu Mar 08, 2007 1:49 pm

I'm going to have to agree with Stan in that I don't get it. It seems the message was disjointed. The main story revolved around a role-reversal scenario, seemingly indicating white people suffering in a similar way to black people in history. I'm fine with that; it's just silly, right? Then they throw at you that white people don't, and never will get it. Wouldn't that be admitting the Randy story is a false analogy? It completely discounts the first plot.

Maybe that was the point. Or maybe it was just meant to be silly. But I still don't get it. Cartman and Dr. Nelson were pretty funny, though. Also, it seems they made no attempt to make Michael Richards look or sound at all like his real life counterpart. Was there a reason for that?
chad_elbert

Postby chad_elbert » Thu Mar 08, 2007 2:02 pm

Black people don't get white people either. We can't really understand each other. We just have to respect each other.
Sonnyvice

Postby Sonnyvice » Thu Mar 08, 2007 2:17 pm

Spacefille wrote:
Sonnyvice wrote:... nearly all other material was slighty boring, including mindless and stupid Cartman vs. midget plot :roll: I don't like the way how South Park nowadays uses political plots, new unfunny characters etc.

Dude wait a minute... you thought the mindless/stupid midget plot AND the not so mindless political plot were BOTH bad??

What on earth did you like in this show? Terrence and Phillip farting on each other? Kenny dying in a totally predicable way every single episode?

Midget plot was not funny at all. It would have been ok if there would have been some jokes etc... normally these "stupid" plots are just awesome, but this was... dumb?
And I don't really like these political things.

What I like in South Park? THE HUMOUR. I love the SP humour and funny characters from old seasons... these new seasons don't offer humour very much, and character design is going wrong way. Sorry.
swellman7

Postby swellman7 » Thu Mar 08, 2007 2:34 pm

8.5/10 Solid episode, overall.

I liked all three plotlines in the episode. And I thought they went together very well.

1.) Randy the "n*gger Guy". Pretty funny. I like how South Park can do this clever racial humour, where they just completely flip the script on what you think it's gonna be about.

2.) Stan and Token. This was the more serious plot of the episode. And it clearly stated how Matt and Trey feel: White people will never be able to understand what it's like to be called a "n*gger".

3.) Cartman vs. Mr. Nelson. The kinda random part of the episode thrown in for laughs. That's about all it was, but I thought it was funny. And it truly reflected Cartman's character.

Overall, Good episode and good season starter. I'm looking forward to next week.

EDIT: For anybody wondering, the "N" word was said 47 times.
AlferdPacker

Postby AlferdPacker » Thu Mar 08, 2007 4:07 pm

9,5 / 10

Man, the new season started with a bang.

What a great episode. Well-woven plot, nice twists, badass jokes... and what a hilarious beginning!!

Go onl ike that and this is gonna be the best season of all times :)
So many Christians ond so few lions!
strumpfhose

Postby strumpfhose » Thu Mar 08, 2007 4:15 pm

That was a good episode with a great point. Maybe even a great episode with a great point, but I'm not sure about that yet, I've only seen it once. I wasn't too fascinatedy by the Cartman vs. midget plot line, though. It stopped being funny after a while. Is the midget, David Nelson, based on a real person or is he just someone they made up? I hope he's real.
YoniB92

Postby YoniB92 » Thu Mar 08, 2007 4:19 pm

I though this episode was funny, I knew they would bring out Kramer in here in some way. Cartman fighting the midget was the best part for me, it looked like he was not even trying and enjoying himself. Overall I give this episode a 8.5/10 which is great.
oh it was easy. all I had to do was close my eyes and suck out of the hose
- Cartman
KennyStanWendyFan

Postby KennyStanWendyFan » Thu Mar 08, 2007 4:39 pm

Pirateogta wrote:that episode sucked except for the beginning and the midget plotline. there should have been a mass extermination of all n*ggers at the end or something, that would have done it.

6.2/10

crackers

wow so the word n*ggers is censored but not crackers... wow. I'm never watching this f*cking show again. that does it.

honkeys

so insults for the superior race are okay but not for the inferior race?

(MERGING SEVERAL POSTS INTO ONE)

Crackers are a type of food. You can't censor a type of food. :P
As for honkeys... well... don't hold against South Park what the messageboard does.
Also, you're a bigot and you're slowing down the progress of mankind. die2uplzkthxbi
albino.black.sheep

Postby albino.black.sheep » Thu Mar 08, 2007 4:59 pm

Big-Will wrote:I didn't see a locker until I got to 7th grade.

We generally don't have them in the UK, and after 17 years of schooling I've been fine. I don't get the deal with them. I know they're supposed to be for security, but a padlock and sheet metal box wouldn't stop your average chav from kicking it in for a gym kit... which they'd probably only burn anyway.

Anyway... I really liked the episode. Cartman and his midget jibes had me in stitches. Plus people laughing excessively makes me laugh. I kept waiting for someone to come along and tell Mr. Nelson to pick on someone his own size during the fight too. I also liked the image of the three rednecks, all called Skeeter, with their American flags on their shirts and aiming their shotguns at Randy, saying that they don't take kindly to social ignorance. Very clever!! :)

As an opener it was pretty average. I might have a different opinion after the rest of the season. I honestly thought it was 'n*ggers' too, but I think that's because there's actually no such word as 'naggers'. Which, to me, sounds like 'n*ggers' in a drawled American accent anyway.

I knew Michael Richards would be in there! Did anyone else get a sense of the Jade 'twatface' Goody/Shilpa Shetty on Celebrity Big Brother debacle?!

I think heard the word in one form or another 42 times, for those that wanted a figure.
Last edited by albino.black.sheep on Thu Mar 08, 2007 5:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Email notifications do matter, people.
albino.black.sheep

Postby albino.black.sheep » Thu Mar 08, 2007 5:02 pm

Cock_Beer wrote:Did anyone else notice the picture of Hunter S. Thompson in the background during Randy's poetry reading? Did anyone catch what it said?

It just says Thompson.
Email notifications do matter, people.
Big-Will
Board Moderator

Postby Big-Will » Thu Mar 08, 2007 5:40 pm

albino.black.sheep wrote:
Big-Will wrote:I didn't see a locker until I got to 7th grade.

We generally don't have them in the UK, and after 17 years of schooling I've been fine. I don't get the deal with them. I know they're supposed to be for security, but a padlock and sheet metal box wouldn't stop your average chav from kicking it in for a gym kit... which they'd probably only burn anyway.

It was never about security, it's about convenience. You put your books and other things in your locker so you don't have to lug them everywhere you go, and believe me, you can end up with 15, 20 pounds on your back easily. I went to my locker to put away books I didn't need for the day or for homework, and my payload was lighter, thank you very much. :)

Of course, with all those books in all those lockers, it does become a security issue, as an afterthought. And since the schoolbooks weren't mine, I'd just ask my teacher(s) to replace any stolen books. Luckily, no one ever stole my schoolbooks. 8)

College was a different matter: no lockers there unless you wanted to pay for storage.
The South Park Scriptorium
The South Park Scriptorium on Facebook

Favorite Character: Butters
Need to look for something on the board? Use the search links below: US version
swellman7

Postby swellman7 » Thu Mar 08, 2007 5:46 pm

albino.black.sheep wrote:I think heard the word in one form or another 42 times, for those that wanted a figure.

That's what it seemed to be, but in their is a part where Randy is walking down the street and a group of 3 kids shout out "n*gger guy,n*gger guy". That would technically count as 6 times raher than 2.

And also, in the part where the crazy rednecks are driving off in their truck, you can here one of them saying "n*gger guy". It's hard to hear, though, over the sound of their shotguns.

This would add up the grand total to 47 times.

Return to “Spoilers/New Episode Discussion”