*1102: Cartman Sucks*

Discuss new episodes without ruining them for people in other time zones.

Moderator: Big-Will

ClaustrophobicSting

Not a positive review

Postby ClaustrophobicSting » Thu Mar 15, 2007 1:01 pm

Oh dear. I don't know whether the show's the same it always has been but I'm just growing out of it (I don't think so), or whether the quality really is becoming as patchy as it seems to me, but neither this nor the previous episode did anything for me.

They just seem too heavily reliant on PC shock and gross-out. Scott Tenorman Must Die worked very well relying on these elements, because it went to such an extreme degree, was highly unpredictable, and didn't hinge on anything sexual (which has been done to death in any one of a million rubbish teen movies). These two episodes have just been cringe-inducing and crude.
strumpfhose

Postby strumpfhose » Thu Mar 15, 2007 2:05 pm

That episode sure was funny enough :D I'm not able to rate it quite yet. It always takes me a few times to watch it before I can actually say how much or little I really liked it, but it totally wasn't bad. I laughed out loud a couple of times. It just kind of annoys me how normal and smart the other boys are nowadays. Like they don't get any humor out of Kyle and Stan anymore, or Kenny even. They never do anything stupid, even accidentally.
But yeah. Was a funny episode!
I wonder if M&T are a little bi-curious themselves.... x)
iceiwynd

Postby iceiwynd » Thu Mar 15, 2007 2:14 pm

Everybody's a little bi-curious. :P

I guess the boys being naive is kind of a thing of the past, but when they actually are clueless, it's even funnier since they know better. It's just fewer and farther between.

I actully did like Stan and Kyle's moments in the episode, despite how limited they really were. Their voices when they were playing Living cracked me up compared to Cartman's.

Also, yeah, something I'm pretty sure I didn't mention last night: I'm loving the return of two plotlines so far. They've been off to a great start with this, and it'd be nice to see that throughout the rest of the run (unless they come up with a pretty good storyline that can dominate a whole episode - just no more two-parters, please).
grubi323

Postby grubi323 » Thu Mar 15, 2007 2:19 pm

there is something weird about cartman's voice itself - it doesnt make you laugh straightaway... not as sweet, too adult maybe( in earlier seasons-Rainforest Schmainforest, Christian Rock etc. it was just adorable!)...well I miss it pretty much :(
Dana the southparkateer

Postby Dana the southparkateer » Thu Mar 15, 2007 2:29 pm

I really liked this episode, I though it was really funny, my favorite part is when Butters gives the speech, cute.
Sonnyvice

Postby Sonnyvice » Thu Mar 15, 2007 2:42 pm

Wooo... this was in fact pretty good episode :shock: South Park really did improve over last week's ultra-boring episode, nice. This was almost better than every S10 episode as well :) Finally we got some good stuff.
strumpfhose

Postby strumpfhose » Thu Mar 15, 2007 2:56 pm

iceiwynd wrote:Everybody's a little bi-curious. :P

Everybody's a little bi-curious. Some more than others....... I'm not saying it in a bad way. I'm only like 60% straight myself, actually.
discipleofhankey

Postby discipleofhankey » Thu Mar 15, 2007 3:33 pm

Ahhhhh, the infamous peeping penis catalog page rears it's ... um, head again. (pun not intended, but I like it)
good times, good times ...

"We found this page from the 1979 Sears Catalog in your room ..."
albino.black.sheep

Postby albino.black.sheep » Thu Mar 15, 2007 4:21 pm

strumpfhose wrote:
iceiwynd wrote:Everybody's a little bi-curious. :P

Everybody's a little bi-curious. Some more than others....... I'm not saying it in a bad way. I'm only like 60% straight myself, actually.

Definitely. Everyone's a little bi-curious. I fought most of my teenage years trying to come to terms with if I was gay or straight. I decided in the end I am a greedy bisexual. And if anyone dares to say they've never had a single gay thought, it's a total lie. It's like saying you've never masturbated. Of course you f*cking have, you'd just never admit it for fear of being judged.

I thought this episode just affirms how I feel about sexuality and religion. Personally, I don't believe in a god or follow any organised religion so this is easy for me to say; if people weren't meant to be gay, why would anyone's "god" create people to have gay feelings? Plus, I know it says in religious scripts that you shouldn't lay with a member of your own sex, but who wrote them? Since gods are intangible, they didn't physically write them, it's just the result of any homophobic fanatic nut who claims their god speaks to them. For all we know, god might live in a pink house with a massive Barbie collection and has Judy Garland perform every night in his ornament infested garden while sipping martinis.

I loved the way Matt and Trey handled Butters' situation at gay camp. And I also loved that Butters is still so naive that he was clueless as to why he was there. So sweet!
Email notifications do matter, people.
Big-Will
Board Moderator

Postby Big-Will » Thu Mar 15, 2007 4:44 pm

Shut_Up_Stan_ wrote:Hot Fudge Monday !!!!! Best episode ever !!!!
(words)
Overall this episode is so funny I couldn't stop laughing, and series classic !!!

Um, we just saw the episode, we don't need to be reminded about what we just saw.
The South Park Scriptorium
The South Park Scriptorium on Facebook

Favorite Character: Butters
Need to look for something on the board? Use the search links below: US version
Aym_Dand

Postby Aym_Dand » Thu Mar 15, 2007 4:56 pm

This was the Acura cake of episodes.

Liked:

- the flamboyant "converted" adult pastor. "Got in my little suit..." haha.

- Cartman's "artistic" descriptions of his pictures and what they represent. Perfect cliches.

- the Pray Gay Awayers who killed themselves. It seemed to me almost a tribute to the poor kids who thought they were irreversibly damaged, which was strangely touching (no pun intended).

- I also liked that the Pray the Gay Away leaders were honestly upset about the kids who killed themselves. It just goes to show that the road to Hell is paved with good intentions and horrible premises.

Good stuff.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=nSD-Tk0Z3zI

http://www.gonefiction.com
Cartman004

Postby Cartman004 » Thu Mar 15, 2007 5:09 pm

This was a great episode 9.5/10 :cartmanlaugh:
Cartman Kicks ass!
Spacefille

Postby Spacefille » Thu Mar 15, 2007 5:11 pm

albino.black.sheep wrote:And if anyone dares to say they've never had a single gay thought, it's a total lie.

WRONG. I never have had a gay sexual thought. It's not a total lie and I HATE it when my gay/bi/trans friends (and straight friends too) try to convince me otherwise. I know what turns me on thank you very much. And it's not other women. I even tried to have a female sexual fantasy because too many retarded friends made those "omg EVERYONE does" comments and I had to stop after a couple seconds because it just was not turning on anything and was mildly distasteful to me.

Women are very lovely looking sure, but I've never looked at a woman with boobs and thought lustful lesbian thoughts. Just doesn't do it for me. Never has. Give me one or two men together any day of the week.

That being said, Matt and Trey should just get it over with and have sex already. Then maybe teh gay will loose it's appeal. ;)
albino.black.sheep

Postby albino.black.sheep » Thu Mar 15, 2007 5:25 pm

Spacefille wrote:I even tried to have a female sexual fantasy because too many retarded friends made those "omg EVERYONE does" comments and I had to stop after a couple seconds because it just was not turning on anything and was mildly distasteful to me.

Dude, why were you forcing yourself to? That is just as bad as the arseholes in this episode who were trying to force the kids to be straight.

Sexuality is not something you can force.

EDIT: No one said a gay thought has to turn you on. You can just think about something (another woman's boobs), wonder about it and then be done with it. That is a gay thought. And you said you tried to have a female fantasy, that is your gay thought, so you have had one.
Last edited by albino.black.sheep on Thu Mar 15, 2007 5:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Email notifications do matter, people.
Spacefille

Postby Spacefille » Thu Mar 15, 2007 5:27 pm

albino.black.sheep wrote:Dude, why were you forcing yourself to? That is just as bad as the arseholes in this episode who were trying to force the kids to be straight.

Sexuality is not something you can force.

Well I had to check to see if they were right or not. :/ They weren't.

Edit : And always the next comment after I say I don't is "have you TRIED??" So I tried. ;)

Return to “Spoilers/New Episode Discussion”