*1102: Cartman Sucks*

Discuss new episodes without ruining them for people in other time zones.

Moderator: Big-Will

jihad this filth

Postby jihad this filth » Thu Mar 15, 2007 7:49 pm

why is cartmans character so conflicting :S
i mean sometimes he's super smart while other times he is pathetically stupid :/
it doesn't make much sense :S
Spacefille

Postby Spacefille » Thu Mar 15, 2007 7:53 pm

albino.black.sheep wrote:EDIT: By the way, Spacefille, you have had a gay thought if you allegedly tried to have a female fantasy. Not everyone enjoys a gay thought if they have one, not all straight people enjoy their straight thoughts. But you said yourself, you tried to think about a girl fantasy because of peer pressure, whether you enjoyed it or not, you had it.

*snort of laugher* Hardly think it counts dude. I wouldn 't have if it weren't for people like you. Enjoy being "right" about this one. :roll:
Spacefille

Postby Spacefille » Thu Mar 15, 2007 7:54 pm

jihad this filth wrote:why is cartmans character so conflicting :S
i mean sometimes he's super smart while other times he is pathetically stupid :/
it doesn't make much sense :S

Hahaha, just accept that "cartman sucks". ;)

Edit : Actually thats the biggest beef my boyfriend has with me forcing him to watch South Park. He doesn't like how the characters change to suit the episode.
Big-Will
Board Moderator

Re: !!

Postby Big-Will » Thu Mar 15, 2007 8:15 pm

ugogo_uswimswim wrote:Everyone in every chruch is blinded by sin it's just that some people think one sin is worse than the other. If someone who goes church lies to to someone or says a cuss word, does that mean they should be kicked out too? That's why I left beasue I felt that the only people who were allowed to belong there were the "perfect" ones or at least the ones who think they are perfect. Kicking someone out was just their way of making their sins seem not as bad. Center Groove people, GOD :roll: This church is run by a bunch of dinosars though...they need to get out of the middle ages.

...Yes. There's no point in remaining a Christian if you don't make an effort to stop lying and, if your church is against it, cussing.

Which brings me to my next point: find a church that suits you. And you already know Jesus isn't looking for perfect people, or righteous people, he's looking for the lost person. If all you see in a church is "perfect" people, move on to another church. If there's no other church, then follow the teachings in the Gospels. Strive to be perfect, but don't go looking for perfect churches.

Trivia time: Does Bradley remind you of any Peanuts character? :D
The South Park Scriptorium
The South Park Scriptorium on Facebook

Favorite Character: Butters
Need to look for something on the board? Use the search links below: US version
albino.black.sheep

Postby albino.black.sheep » Thu Mar 15, 2007 8:19 pm

Spacefille wrote:*snort of laugher* Hardly think it counts dude. I wouldn 't have if it weren't for people like you. Enjoy being "right" about this one. :roll:

You had the thought. I did not force you into it. Like you said, your so-called friends did. I don't force people into anything they don't wanna do, because that would me a hypocrite :roll:.

But cheers, dude. I will enjoy being right.
Last edited by albino.black.sheep on Thu Mar 15, 2007 8:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Email notifications do matter, people.
Kyle the Skeptic

Postby Kyle the Skeptic » Thu Mar 15, 2007 8:25 pm

You're going to get homophobes in the conservative denominations of any religion, including Judaism and Islam.

The Levitical law forbidding homosexuality is a throwback to the days when the survival of the tribe depended on being able to outbreed your rivals, and when STDs were misunderstood. Obviously, if they saw people coming down with such illnesses after having a same-sex relationship, they could only assume it was punishment from God for such behavior. Many of the forbidden / unclean acts described in the Tanach also stem from this cause.

Those who still interpret Leviticus that way in modern times however, are guilty of a double standard. The punishment for homosexuals, which is laid out in the very same chapter, is that they must be put to death. The same goes for adulterers, sabbath breakers, and followers of other faiths, for that matter. Consider that it was also an "abomination" to eat shellfish or pork, to wear mixed fibers, to plant two kinds of crops in the same field, etc. If people are going to cherry pick some retarded law out of scripture in order to justify their own intolerance, they might as well follow the rest of them. But nobody in their right mind would.

And yes, for the record, God is bi-curious. How else would you explain his seeming obsession with male genitals? I mean, it says in Dt 23:1 that if you're a male with smashed testicles or a severed penis, you can never praise Yahweh. Having healthy male parts is of utmost importance to him. There's also the fact that one of God's most sacred rituals (Ge 17:23-24) requires men to cut off a small piece of dick as a tribute to him. :D
Grizim

Postby Grizim » Thu Mar 15, 2007 8:26 pm

1) The episode was extremely predictable, especially the Cartman-tries-to-get-Butters-then-his-plan-backfires plot.

2) Cartman's prolonged crying got irritating after the first ten seconds.

3) Cartman showed good artistry---I hate it when Cartman gets creative and talented like that. And his last line brought me back to Awesom-O, which was a horrible episode.

But here's the deal. The fact that the episode got away with this was what made it so awesome. The entire show was f*cking funny as hell and it at least deserves a 9.5 out of 10. It was a lot better than last week's, not that last week's wasn't great either.

And Butters! His voice will always bother me, and he'll never be my favorite character, but Matt and Trey used him perfectly and his whole story in this episode was hillarious.

I really want to say right now that since last Fall's run, I've been very proud of Matt and Trey. They truly are getting back on track, if they're not back on track already. South Park went to hell and back again (seasons seven, eight, and nine---three in a row---sucked cock) and then the show abruptly got good again. It kicks ass.

By the way, a pointless side note I'd like to add is that I would have done the exact same thing Cartman did in the end. It's good to show a lack of hummiliation, and in my opinion it's better to creep people out than get laughed at. Of course, though, he should have possibly considered that perhaps Kyle's mom was telling the truth instead of jumping to conclusions like he did.
As enjoyable as abuse.
plk12345

Postby plk12345 » Thu Mar 15, 2007 8:30 pm

First post, and unfortunately I have to waste it on this

Idiots, don't you realize that before the hippie movement that homosexuality was considered a disease? This episode wasn't about the Catholic Church being homophobic, it was about the stupidity of the gay camp. The camp was just f*cking the kids up more. Don't you remember when Butters' dad said something like "a camp with a bunch of other bicurious boys, that sounds like a great idea"? The point is that the camp is retarded. Yes, god created gay people, but how is that proof that he supports gay rights? Didn't he also create murderers and pedophiles? I am sure god is a huuuuuuuge advocate of murder. God gave people free will, and the whole human race is made of sinners. So no, you shouldn't hate homosexuals, but it can still piss you off, and its ok to think its a sin. What do you think they were trying to prove in "the death camp of tolerance"?Hate the sin, love the sinner. The term "homophobia" didn't even exist before the hippie movement. Yes Hitler killed homosexuals, but this is a bad example, because he killed everybody. Matt stone and trey parker have already said that it is ok to be pissed off by gays, as long as you don't hate and use it for violence[/quote]
djadonis206

Postby djadonis206 » Thu Mar 15, 2007 8:37 pm

Another super funny episode!!!

they've been on a roll over the course of the last year - good writting and super funny plots

when cartman was trying to explain to the class his photo had me cracking up

oh and when butters dad caught butters in a compromising position - classic

I'm impressed - the bicurious camp (or what ever you call it) was classic as well

keep 'em coming!!!

Oh and fellas / ladies - Matt and Trey are not the be all to end all on social commentary...so to just say well Matt and Trey said it was ok is pretty dumb

ad!
"...So Long Balls!"
Spacefille

Postby Spacefille » Thu Mar 15, 2007 8:39 pm

Kyle the Skeptic wrote:And yes, for the record, God is bi-curious. How else would you explain his seeming obsession with male genitals? I mean, it says in Dt 23:1 that if you're a male with smashed testicles or a severed penis, you can never praise Yahweh. Having healthy male parts is of utmost importance to him. There's also the fact that one of God's most sacred rituals (Ge 17:23-24) requires men to cut off a small piece of dick as a tribute to him. :D

Who said God was a he? ;)
gtaca2005

Postby gtaca2005 » Thu Mar 15, 2007 8:41 pm

"I tripped and fell, and my mouth landed on butters penis, and I thought of somthing funy so I smiled and gave the camera a thumbs up.........."

So funny!
"It's not Jesus.... It's a portal monster." - SuperiourSavior
Kyle the Skeptic

Postby Kyle the Skeptic » Thu Mar 15, 2007 8:46 pm

plk12345 wrote:Yes, god created gay people, but how is that proof that he supports gay rights? Didn't he also create murderers and pedophiles? I am sure god is a huuuuuuuge advocate of murder.

Because homosexuality is perfectly analogous to murder and pedophilia, right? Do you actually believe that gay rights are tantamount to raping children or killing another human being?
God gave people free will, and the whole human race is made of sinners.

Sure, blame free will for sin. If you make something, you're still responsible for what it does. Did God somehow not know what people were going to do if he gave them free will? Did humans somehow exceed his design?
So no, you shouldn't hate homosexuals, but it can still piss you off, and its ok to think its a sin. What do you think they were trying to prove in "the death camp of tolerance"?Hate the sin, love the sinner. The term "homophobia" didn't even exist before the hippie movement. Yes Hitler killed homosexuals, but this is a bad example, because he killed everybody. Matt stone and trey parker have already said that it is ok to be pissed off by gays, as long as you don't hate and use it for violence

Matt and Trey are also supporters of gay rights themselves, in case you somehow missed the interviews or have been ignoring the rest of the show. This has been evident from "Big Gay Al's Big Gay Boat Ride" in season 1, all the way up to "Follow That Egg" in season 9. The point of episodes like "Death Camp of Tolerance" and "Cripple Fight" was that tolerance is not something that should be forced.
Grizim

Postby Grizim » Thu Mar 15, 2007 8:48 pm

God is Alanis Morissette.

Everyone knows that.
As enjoyable as abuse.
Spacefille

Postby Spacefille » Thu Mar 15, 2007 8:50 pm

albino.black.sheep wrote:You had the thought. I did not force you into it. Like you said, your so-called friends did. I don't force people into anything they don't wanna do, because that would me a hypocrite :roll:.

But cheers, dude. I will enjoy being right.

This is true. One last thing -- I do know without a shadow of a doubt that I am straight. It is very relieving... I've never sat on the fence about this one, but being raised religous I've seen the pain it's caused some of my friends while growing up. There is a certain security in knowing your sexuality and orientation (except when you wish desperately you could be gay because it would make your friend feel better and you could be with her... but that's another story.)

My best friend was raised Mormon as well and I saw the suffering she went through when she finally came out of the closet. Religion and homosexuality together sucks serious ass. And since I couldn't empathize with her all I could do was be a support and offer to listen.

She is one of the main reasons why I left the Mormon faith. I can't agree with a religion that insists my friend has some sort of problem with self control because she's attracted to other women. Screw that. My friend is no less because of how she feels.

Edit : So yeah, this weeks episode of South Park had personal meaning for me as well. ^^
Cartman_91

Postby Cartman_91 » Thu Mar 15, 2007 8:52 pm

This was a hilarious and yet twisted episode, I personally think Cartman is just icredibly stupid not gay. Call me stupid (Seriously call me stupid) I didn't get the title until the episode was over haha. Classic episode and I'm still not sure if I liked this betetr then last week. This was definitely more twisted but lats weeks had a midget and I'm a sucker for when midgets get beat up.

8.5/10

Return to “Spoilers/New Episode Discussion”