*1102: Cartman Sucks*

Discuss new episodes without ruining them for people in other time zones.

Moderator: Big-Will

BigBroflovskiFan
Posts: 78
Joined: Fri Nov 10, 2006 2:42 pm

Postby BigBroflovskiFan » Thu Mar 15, 2007 5:36 pm

Wow, I thought this episode was awesome. I really wasn't expecting it to be about what it about, and I was pleasantly surprised :D

Butters played a great role in this one, he's still the sweet and naive Butters I've always loved. I loved his little speech at the end, I agree with him 100%.

And wow, Cartman and his little whine to his mom was hilarious, I thought XD. And yes, him describing his photography was great :lol:

I give this new one a thumbs up =]
ugogo_uswimswim
Posts: 495
Joined: Mon Sep 18, 2006 2:56 am

Re: !!

Postby ugogo_uswimswim » Thu Mar 15, 2007 5:48 pm

Rebecca_Cutswald wrote:
ugogo_uswimswim wrote:Ohhhh, I don't know about this episode....at this point in my life, seeing a bunch of kids commit suicide because they feel as if they are bad and unaccepted...ohhh, I can't make an impartartial judgement. I know it's just a cartoon and blah blah blah, but it still kind of...hit me in the heart, like how Stanley's Cup did. I'll have to pass on rating...
!


oK... SEE IRONICALLY
I won't divulge any more of my personal life for you (I've done that right? We had this discussion when you asked how I knew I was gay) but I've been through the whole church-driven-guilt trip over being gay and I gotta say... I LOVED THIS EPISODE!!!

Those camps *really* exist and thats why I didnt "come out" to my mother until after I reached eighteen. My mom really did label me "bi-curious" when I came out and kids *really* do shoot themselves over church driven guilt.

It's time the church admitted that but they wont and SP really called them on it in this episode. I think the brutal imagery was nessicary to carry that message and it was done so well it was still easy to watch and not too depressing for me, or maybe I was too busy cheering because OMFG they SO CALLED IT.

Church camp got served... thankyou jesus!! *bows head in reverence*


See ironically? What's that mean?

Yeah, churches can be brutal. People in my old curch were being kicked out for stuff like doing drugs and being adulturous. That's why I left that backward place. If church isn't for those kind of poeple then I wonder who it is for....perfect people? Man, that's productive. :roll: Ever heard of preaching the the choir?
Art is what happens when you learn to DREAM!!! -Atlantis Squarepantis

The only good Slash is the one from Guns N' Roses.
ShaneHaughey
Posts: 11192
Joined: Fri Feb 13, 2004 8:36 pm

Postby ShaneHaughey » Thu Mar 15, 2007 5:54 pm

It all depends on who leads your church. Every church I've ever been a member of doesn't go around and preach to gay people or kick druggies out. I've been a member of churches in Washington, New York, Wyoming and California and if you were on drugs the church pulled you in deeper for help.
That's how it's down here on the farm!
EPAF
Posts: 1788
Joined: Wed May 17, 2006 6:29 pm

Postby EPAF » Thu Mar 15, 2007 5:54 pm

My Review of the episode:

Because the episode managed to balance out the level of comedy and traditional SP humor, with the importance and how the main subject matter was addressed, I really liked this episode for more than one reason.
Firstly the subject matter that the episode focused on was put across really well and I share the same opinions on it. But that didn't drive me away from laughing my arse off at the humor in the episode. There was never a moment in the episode where I wasn't laughing - hell, there were even points where I had a feeling what was going to happen and I was just laughing at the possibility of what was next. :lol:
There are too many quotes to use, but things like "A secluded camp where lots of bi-curious boys are all put together - that sounds like a good idea." made me laugh.

This was definately one of the better Cartman & Butters episode and the character Bradley was a nice touch - considering he was introduced during Butters' sections of the episode. Me thinks that some Butters/Bradley slash-fics and fan-art will probably be made in the future because of that episode. :roll:

Like Lior mentioned, I liked the moments that Stan & Kyle had in the episode with speaking. (if it was only a short amount) I know he only got a single line, but at least I'm glad Kenny got a say in the script instead of just being yet another moving, living statue in the episode. So I guess an episode with all four boys saying something is certainly a positive.
Finally, the ending was very well put. I never get tired of penny-dropping punch-line grand scenarios that make me laugh for about a full minute and the last bit in this episode was certainly no exception. Kyle's "I DID try to tell you..." look on his face was MINT brilliant.

Overall, great episode and certainly worthy of the watch.
Rating: 9.6/10 - Hardly any down-sides and yet another brill episode. Nice one Matt, Nice One Trey. :wink:
Image
crazyQH wrote:Ok EPAF, I'm officially granting you the title of having the best dream ever.
Big-Will
Board Moderator
Posts: 18881
Joined: Tue Apr 08, 2003 8:57 am

Re: !!

Postby Big-Will » Thu Mar 15, 2007 5:56 pm

ugogo_uswimswim wrote:Yeah, churches can be brutal. People in my old curch were being kicked out for stuff like doing drugs and being adulturous. That's why I left that backward place. If church isn't for those kind of poeple then I wonder who it is for....perfect people? Man, that's productive. :roll: Ever heard of preaching the the choir?

They were kicked out because they were already Christian and let themselves be blinded by sin. The people church is for is for the unchurched sinner, who doesn't know that God can help you get over adultery and drugs, and for the believer, to go out and help other people find God. If you already know God can help you get over these things and yet you get yourself involved in drugs and adultery, what does that say about your relationship with God?
The South Park Scriptorium
The South Park Scriptorium on Facebook

Favorite Character: Butters
Need to look for something on the board? Use the search links below: US version
albino.black.sheep
Posts: 1510
Joined: Mon Sep 18, 2006 10:36 pm

Re: !!

Postby albino.black.sheep » Thu Mar 15, 2007 6:09 pm

Rebecca_Cutswald wrote:oK... SEE IRONICALLY
I won't divulge any more of my personal life for you (I've done that right? We had this discussion when you asked how I knew I was gay) but I've been through the whole church-driven-guilt trip over being gay and I gotta say... I LOVED THIS EPISODE!!!

Those camps *really* exist and thats why I didnt "come out" to my mother until after I reached eighteen. My mom really did label me "bi-curious" when I came out and kids *really* do shoot themselves over church driven guilt.

It's time the church admitted that but they wont and SP really called them on it in this episode. I think the brutal imagery was nessicary to carry that message and it was done so well it was still easy to watch and not too depressing for me, or maybe I was too busy cheering because OMFG they SO CALLED IT.

Church camp got served... thankyou jesus!! *bows head in reverence*


Rebecca_Cutswald, I'm completely with you on this.

I have major issues with religion, especially the ones claiming to be all about helping people. But if you're gay and a member of a church, the only help they're gonna give you is help in stopping you being gay. Why, oh why, can't religion just be happy with the way their gods created everyone? No exceptions. ALL creatures great and small and all that.

EDIT: By the way, Spacefille, you have had a gay thought if you allegedly tried to have a female fantasy. Not everyone enjoys a gay thought if they have one, not all straight people enjoy their straight thoughts. But you said yourself, you tried to think about a girl fantasy because of peer pressure, whether you enjoyed it or not, you had it.
Last edited by albino.black.sheep on Thu Mar 15, 2007 6:38 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Email notifications do matter, people.
EricCartmanFatBoy
Posts: 137
Joined: Tue Mar 29, 2005 6:51 pm

Postby EricCartmanFatBoy » Thu Mar 15, 2007 6:13 pm

L0L. This was a very funny episode! Not quite good as the 1101, but still very good! Cartman is such a wuss, assh*le and a douche, but oh my GOD, I love him :lol:
"Well I dont want to say anything, Kyle but I think maybe this is what your family get's for being jewish on Christmas Time."

"Oh my science..."
ugogo_uswimswim
Posts: 495
Joined: Mon Sep 18, 2006 2:56 am

Re: !!

Postby ugogo_uswimswim » Thu Mar 15, 2007 6:23 pm

Big-Will wrote:
ugogo_uswimswim wrote:Yeah, churches can be brutal. People in my old curch were being kicked out for stuff like doing drugs and being adulturous. That's why I left that backward place. If church isn't for those kind of poeple then I wonder who it is for....perfect people? Man, that's productive. :roll: Ever heard of preaching the the choir?

They were kicked out because they were already Christian and let themselves be blinded by sin. The people church is for is for the unchurched sinner, who doesn't know that God can help you get over adultery and drugs, and for the believer, to go out and help other people find God. If you already know God can help you get over these things and yet you get yourself involved in drugs and adultery, what does that say about your relationship with God?


Everyone in every chruch is blinded by sin it's just that some people think one sin is worse than the other. If someone who goes church lies to to someone or says a cuss word, does that mean they should be kicked out too? That's why I left beasue I felt that the only people who were allowed to belong there were the "perfect" ones or at least the ones who think they are perfect. Kicking someone out was just their way of making their sins seem not as bad. Center Groove people, GOD :roll: This church is run by a bunch of dinosars though...they need to get out of the middle ages.
Art is what happens when you learn to DREAM!!! -Atlantis Squarepantis

The only good Slash is the one from Guns N' Roses.
albino.black.sheep
Posts: 1510
Joined: Mon Sep 18, 2006 10:36 pm

Postby albino.black.sheep » Thu Mar 15, 2007 6:34 pm

ShaneHaughey wrote:Many of you are saying, "I have issues with religion." then you say "The Catholic Church."
The church is run by people and is therefore fallible. Don't pay heed to them if you don't want to, as they don't speak for most of their members nor do they speak for Christ or God. Pick your fight: Is it with religion or withc church?


Religion. I said nothing about specific churches, just churches in general.
Email notifications do matter, people.
ShaneHaughey
Posts: 11192
Joined: Fri Feb 13, 2004 8:36 pm

Postby ShaneHaughey » Thu Mar 15, 2007 6:37 pm

[quote="albino.black.sheep":606e9][quote="ShaneHaughey":606e9]Many of you are saying, "I have issues with religion." then you say "The Catholic Church."
The church is run by people and is therefore fallible. Don't pay heed to them if you don't want to, as they don't speak for most of their members nor do they speak for Christ or God. Pick your fight: Is it with religion or withc church?[/quote:606e9]

Religion. I said nothing about specific churches, just churches in general.[/quote:606e9]

Oh, so you have problems with religion? Pray tell, is it the parts where men put their own feelings into a sacred text? The only constant in the bible since the start has been Jesus and old Old Testament. The New Testament has been re-written enough times to write the bible 500,000,000 times.
That's how it's down here on the farm!
albino.black.sheep
Posts: 1510
Joined: Mon Sep 18, 2006 10:36 pm

Postby albino.black.sheep » Thu Mar 15, 2007 6:45 pm

ShaneHaughey wrote:Oh, so you have problems with religion? Pray tell, is it the parts where men put their own feelings into a sacred text? The only constant in the bible since the start has been Jesus and old Old Testament. The New Testament has been re-written enough times to write the bible 500,000,000 times.


Yes, I realise this. Because I referred to the Bible being written by nuts claiming that their god told them to write it on the previous page. I also said that if their god is so homophobic, why would it create people to even have gay thoughts.

If you're a member of any specific religion, I'm not having a go at you, I just take issue with people saying things like "be as god made you" or "love all of god's beings" and then try to get people to change because they're gay. Their god made the gays too.
Email notifications do matter, people.
ShaneHaughey
Posts: 11192
Joined: Fri Feb 13, 2004 8:36 pm

Postby ShaneHaughey » Thu Mar 15, 2007 6:51 pm

I also take issue with those people, and I don't have issues with the religion that they mis-read. :lol:
That's how it's down here on the farm!
albino.black.sheep
Posts: 1510
Joined: Mon Sep 18, 2006 10:36 pm

Postby albino.black.sheep » Thu Mar 15, 2007 6:54 pm

ShaneHaughey wrote:I also take issue with those people, and I don't have issues with the religion that they mis-read. :lol:


LOL fair enough! Each to their own!
Email notifications do matter, people.
BRMBug
Posts: 18534
Joined: Tue Jan 10, 2006 5:43 am

Postby BRMBug » Thu Mar 15, 2007 7:32 pm

... Um... so anyway, I thought the episode was ok. I guess because I knew what it was about, and could pretty much figure out where everything was going and what would happen next, I wasn't too impressed with it (nor completely disappointed).

(lol, "Living) The ending with the pic, well who couldn't see that coming. :cartmannohat: "... Lame."

I've only seen it once, and I'll have to watch it again so I can review further.
Killahertz9
Posts: 2809
Joined: Fri Nov 28, 2003 9:46 pm

Postby Killahertz9 » Thu Mar 15, 2007 7:47 pm

Some memorable images from last nights episode.

Image
The Pierre

Image
The Sleeping Menstrual

Image
Cartman Sucks
Image

Return to “Spoilers/New Episode Discussion”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests