*1102: Cartman Sucks*

Discuss new episodes without ruining them for people in other time zones.

Moderator: Big-Will

plk12345
Posts: 736
Joined: Thu Mar 15, 2007 8:16 pm

Postby plk12345 » Thu Mar 15, 2007 11:53 pm

f*ck it, i absolutely do not want to debate about biblical prophecy

wow, i never expected to be quoting he book of john on southparkstudios
The teachers of the law and the Pharisees brought in a woman caught in adultery.....
Jesus straightened up and asked her, "Woman, where are they? Has no one condemned you?"
"No one, sir," she said.
"Then neither do I condemn you," Jesus declared. "Go now and leave your life of sin."

John9: 1-11

clearly this passage brings an end to the death penalty.
I misinterpreted what you said about the writers of the bible. I thought you meant that they were actually part of a very early stage of evolution.

You still have not addressed my question on polygamy. Also, I have another question for you. While we are changing the traditional definition of marriage, why don't we allow groups of four people to marry each other? Marriage will become a foursome, but as long as we are not offending anyone, it is ok, right? If you want to go ahead and teach our children that it is perfectly normal to stick gerbils up their asses, its up to you.

I believe the exact quote from "the death camp of tolerance" is
"Tolerant, but not stupid! Look, just because you have to tolerate something doesn't mean you have to approve of it! ..."Tolerate" means you're just putting up with it! You tolerate a crying child sitting next to you on the airplane or, or you tolerate a bad cold. It can still piss you off!"
Last edited by plk12345 on Fri Mar 16, 2007 12:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
KateLovesKyle16
Posts: 234
Joined: Tue Oct 10, 2006 12:06 am

Postby KateLovesKyle16 » Thu Mar 15, 2007 11:59 pm

Im completly do not belive in what they say at church. In the bible they say many things like they are going to hell or they are gonna be murdered, I think thats wrong!! I am a atheist, and My whole dads side of the familt are religion freaks. My grandpa has a chruch that he runs. Well what I'm getting at is that I think that no matter what you are you should be accepted.
Last edited by KateLovesKyle16 on Fri Mar 16, 2007 12:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
[img:31e77]http://i145.photobucket.com/albums/r219/Southpark2007/gg.png[/img:31e77]
Kyle the Skeptic
Posts: 2226
Joined: Wed Apr 19, 2006 10:06 pm

Postby Kyle the Skeptic » Fri Mar 16, 2007 12:04 am

plk12345 wrote:You still have not addressed my question on polygamy. Also, I have another question for you. While we are changing the traditional definition of marriage, why don't we allow groups of four people to marry each other? Marriage will become a foursome, but as long as we are not offending anyone, it is ok, right? If you want to go ahead and teach our children that it is perfectly normal to stick gerbils up their asses, its up to you.

Yeah, that's exactly what I said, dumbass. Animals can't give consent either, for your information. When was the last time you met an animal capable of signing a marriage contract? Your question about polygamy was already answered, so I didn't see the need to repeat what was said. You have yet to prove that allowing gays to marry would in any way undermine heterosexual marriage, which by the way already has a 50% divorce rate (but I suppose you're going to somehow blame that on gays too).

You also missed the point about the Levitical laws being taken out of context. Almost all religiously based homophobia stems from the use of the verses in Leviticus, and in that context, the death penalty still stands. Do you know what the meaning of a double standard is?

Should I even bother trying to explain the slippery slope fallacy to you? I suppose now you're going to say that allowing gay rights is going to lead to people wanting to marry their household appliances. :roll:
plk12345
Posts: 736
Joined: Thu Mar 15, 2007 8:16 pm

Postby plk12345 » Fri Mar 16, 2007 12:27 am

retard

What does the slippery slope argument have to do with this. I was comparing same sex marriage to other ridiculous definition changes, not implying that any of them actually have a chance of happening.

The divorce rate has absolutely nothing to do with this argument either. This is not double-standard. Christians still teach that adultery is sinful, but that it is not punishable by death.
pyr
Posts: 5
Joined: Thu Feb 02, 2006 1:05 am

Postby pyr » Fri Mar 16, 2007 12:35 am

Rebecca_Cutswald wrote: I'm a religious person but I keep my religion pretty much personal because I know intelectually that it doesn't make sense (like any mythology) but it means something to me and I believe in it. Peachy. I couldn't defend my religion if asked...


Thats somehow a intelligent state. Wish more people would think that way of their religion.

Back to topic:
I'm really into that Butters-character. I love this tragic naive little guy,who always has to learn his lessons the hard way - even if the circumstances are never his fault but mostly Cartman's.
So i really enjoyed watching the episode!
M00ndragon69
Posts: 9593
Joined: Thu Apr 17, 2003 4:32 am

Postby M00ndragon69 » Fri Mar 16, 2007 12:35 am

plk12345 wrote:f*ck it, i absolutely do not want to debate about biblical prophecy

wow, i never expected to be quoting he book of john on southparkstudios
The teachers of the law and the Pharisees brought in a woman caught in adultery.....
Jesus straightened up and asked her, "Woman, where are they? Has no one condemned you?"
"No one, sir," she said.
"Then neither do I condemn you," Jesus declared. "Go now and leave your life of sin."

John9: 1-11

clearly this passage brings an end to the death penalty.
I misinterpreted what you said about the writers of the bible. I thought you meant that they were actually part of a very early stage of evolution.

You still have not addressed my question on polygamy. Also, I have another question for you. While we are changing the traditional definition of marriage, why don't we allow groups of four people to marry each other? Marriage will become a foursome, but as long as we are not offending anyone, it is ok, right? If you want to go ahead and teach our children that it is perfectly normal to stick gerbils up their asses, its up to you.

I believe the exact quote from "the death camp of tolerance" is
"Tolerant, but not stupid! Look, just because you have to tolerate something doesn't mean you have to approve of it! ..."Tolerate" means you're just putting up with it! You tolerate a crying child sitting next to you on the airplane or, or you tolerate a bad cold. It can still piss you off!"



You know, since I am bi, if I knew a group of four people who wanted to marry eachother, I would have no problem if they were all of legal age. Hell, I don't even think straight people who are 18 or younger should get married, they are too f*cking young to know what the f*ck they want. But getting back to the point. The whole idea of a marriage being only for one man and one women is bullsh*t. The only reason for it is religious based predujuice, and NOT EVERYONE IN AMERICA IS CHRISTIAN. If you are going to ban gay marriage because of one religion, then why don't you go and say that everyone whose marriage doesn't include a Christian ceremony is null and void? Like make a law that says all marriages have to include a Christian service, and disallow marriage to everyone who doesn't agree. The way I see it, it is about the same thing, it all comes down to thinking your ideas about marriage are the only right ones.


And as for your " Will somebody think of the children arguement" well, let the children grow up and decide for themselves what they think about religion, marriage, homosexuality or bisexuality, and shoving gerbils up their asses.
Image
Kyle the Skeptic
Posts: 2226
Joined: Wed Apr 19, 2006 10:06 pm

Postby Kyle the Skeptic » Fri Mar 16, 2007 12:46 am

plk12345 wrote:retard

What does the slippery slope argument have to do with this. I was comparing same sex marriage to other ridiculous definition changes, not implying that any of them actually have a chance of happening.

The divorce rate has absolutely nothing to do with this argument either. This is not double-standard. Christians still teach that adultery is sinful, but that it is not punishable by death.

I seriously think you're too stupid to carry on any kind of debate on the issue of gay rights.

First you implied that gay rights were tantamount to allowing murder or pedophilia in the eyes of God, as if you somehow get to speak on his behalf. Then you went and compared gay marriage to things like polygamy, pedophilia, and bestiality. If you weren't trying to suggest that one thing necessarily leads to another, then why the f*ck did you bring them up in the first place? Because you believe that allowing gays to marry would change the definition of marriage in the same way such things would? This is no different from claiming that they would happen. Here's what you said earlier:
While we are changing the traditional definition of marriage, why don't we allow groups of four people to marry each other? Marriage will become a foursome, but as long as we are not offending anyone, it is ok, right? If you want to go ahead and teach our children that it is perfectly normal to stick gerbils up their asses, its up to you.

So you went from "allow" and "teach children that it's normal" to just "comparing same sex marriage to other ridiculous definition changes". Make up your mind, if you have one. You didn't have an argument to begin with, and now you're trying to weasel your way out of something incredibly stupid that you said yourself.

If you're going to base your positions on Old Testament laws, then you should not ignore the punishments. To do so is a double standard, no matter how you look at it. If the punishment was revoked, then so was the seriousness of the offense.
plk12345
Posts: 736
Joined: Thu Mar 15, 2007 8:16 pm

Postby plk12345 » Fri Mar 16, 2007 12:48 am

M00ndragon69, marriage has been between a man and a woman for the past thousands of years. Homosexuals were considered to be diseased before this.
Nommel
Posts: 2484
Joined: Sun Aug 20, 2006 8:37 pm

Postby Nommel » Fri Mar 16, 2007 12:51 am

plk12345 wrote:M00ndragon69, marriage has been between a man and a woman for the past thousands of years. Homosexuals were considered to be diseased before this.


Personally I consider people like you to be a disease. :D
Kyle the Skeptic
Posts: 2226
Joined: Wed Apr 19, 2006 10:06 pm

Postby Kyle the Skeptic » Fri Mar 16, 2007 12:52 am

False. There were civilizations, such as the Greeks and Romans, as well as many polytheistic societies, that allows same sex relationships. The Greeks actually encouraged it to some extent in their military, because it meant that the male soldiers would feel more inclined to protect their fellows in battle.

I already pointed out why the ancient Hebrews forbade homosexuality, and it had everything to do with keeping the tribe competitive in their day and age.
TiMmAy!
Posts: 70
Joined: Sat Feb 26, 2005 9:02 pm

Postby TiMmAy! » Fri Mar 16, 2007 12:54 am

plk12345 wrote:First post, and unfortunately I have to waste it on this

Idiots, don't you realize that before the hippie movement that homosexuality was considered a disease? This episode wasn't about the Catholic Church being homophobic, it was about the stupidity of the gay camp. The camp was just f*cking the kids up more. Don't you remember when Butters' dad said something like "a camp with a bunch of other bicurious boys, that sounds like a great idea"? The point is that the camp is retarded. Yes, god created gay people, but how is that proof that he supports gay rights? Didn't he also create murderers and pedophiles? I am sure god is a huuuuuuuge advocate of murder. God gave people free will, and the whole human race is made of sinners. So no, you shouldn't hate homosexuals, but it can still piss you off, and its ok to think its a sin. What do you think they were trying to prove in "the death camp of tolerance"?Hate the sin, love the sinner. The term "homophobia" didn't even exist before the hippie movement. Yes Hitler killed homosexuals, but this is a bad example, because he killed everybody. Matt stone and trey parker have already said that it is ok to be pissed off by gays, as long as you don't hate and use it for violence
[/quote]


dude ur an assh*le, how can you compare a gay person to murderers? those are two totally different things. murderers are bad because they hurt other people, but gay beople really never harmed anyone. like Bob Marley Once said "the road of life is rocky, and you may stumble to, but while you point your fungers someone els is jusdging you
herro welcome to chity wok takka orda pre

.......no prease not the chity shrimp
Nommel
Posts: 2484
Joined: Sun Aug 20, 2006 8:37 pm

Postby Nommel » Fri Mar 16, 2007 12:58 am

plk12345 wrote:First post, and unfortunately I have to waste it on this

Idiots, don't you realize that before the hippie movement that homosexuality was considered a disease? This episode wasn't about the Catholic Church being homophobic, it was about the stupidity of the gay camp. The camp was just f*cking the kids up more. Don't you remember when Butters' dad said something like "a camp with a bunch of other bicurious boys, that sounds like a great idea"? The point is that the camp is retarded. Yes, god created gay people, but how is that proof that he supports gay rights? Didn't he also create murderers and pedophiles? I am sure god is a huuuuuuuge advocate of murder. God gave people free will, and the whole human race is made of sinners. So no, you shouldn't hate homosexuals, but it can still piss you off, and its ok to think its a sin. What do you think they were trying to prove in "the death camp of tolerance"?Hate the sin, love the sinner. The term "homophobia" didn't even exist before the hippie movement. Yes Hitler killed homosexuals, but this is a bad example, because he killed everybody. Matt stone and trey parker have already said that it is ok to be pissed off by gays, as long as you don't hate and use it for violence


Heyy, you know what? You have the right to be pissed off at homosexuals, but I must ask a very important question:

...Why?

What the f*ck did they do to you? Are you just trying to look cool? Or are you in the closet? Or are you just a troll (Probably all of the above, oh well)?
plk12345
Posts: 736
Joined: Thu Mar 15, 2007 8:16 pm

Postby plk12345 » Fri Mar 16, 2007 12:59 am

I never compared the seriousness of the offense to murder. For the second time, I was trying to refute your claim that God supports gays only based ONLY on the fact that they exist. You say that if God created them, he must approve of their lifestyle. I say that this is a retarded claim because that would mean that he absolutely must approve of every one of his creations' lifestyles.

When I ask why don't we allow something, I am not saying it will happen, but i am saying that if it did happen, it would be just as appropriate as gay marriage. It is a hypothetical question you manipulative assh*le

Gay people havent done anything to me, which is why i do not hate them or think they should be put to death. I just think they need help, and they should not be able to marry one another
Nommel
Posts: 2484
Joined: Sun Aug 20, 2006 8:37 pm

Postby Nommel » Fri Mar 16, 2007 1:02 am

plk12345 wrote:I never compared the seriousness of the offense to murder. For the second time, I was trying to refute your claim that God supports gays only based ONLY on the fact that they exist. You say that if God created them, he must approve of their lifestyle. I say that this is a retarded claim because that would mean that he absolutely must approve of every one of his creations' lifestyles.

When I ask why don't we allow something, I am not saying it will happen, but i am saying that if it did happen, it would be just as appropriate as gay marriage. It is a hypothetical question you manipulative assh*le


God you really think that you've got balls...

[/slayer]

Manipulative? Nah. You are. You exploit issues to cause arguments. This is fine by me, since I do the same many times, but please don't act like you don't know what's going on. You are a troll, and you know it. I know it. nall would know it if he would actually check up on this site. Hell, even TiMmAy! knows it.
Nommel
Posts: 2484
Joined: Sun Aug 20, 2006 8:37 pm

Postby Nommel » Fri Mar 16, 2007 1:04 am

plk12345 wrote:I just think they need help, and they should not be able to marry one another


Tell me why.

Return to “Spoilers/New Episode Discussion”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests