*1103: Lice Capades*

Discuss new episodes without ruining them for people in other time zones.

Moderator: Big-Will

eviljef

Postby eviljef » Thu Mar 22, 2007 5:09 am

I know, someone a couple posts above mine said they liked that episode, so I was replying back saying I agree.
Plop!
iceiwynd

Postby iceiwynd » Thu Mar 22, 2007 5:12 am

Okay, I was right. Watched it a second time, LOVED it. I still don't think it was as good as the first two, but my opinion of it definitely just went up after seeing it again (though I still did find the lice parts a bit too much... but they weren't as bad this time around).

I don't feel like feeling fangirly right now, though I am starting to crack up a bit more. XD Yeah. That was better on my second viewing. Not a bad episode at all.

EDIT: And yes. Very happy over the Kenny thing (and also to see a bit of a self-reference there... hope? :0 Probably not but it's nice to think).

Also I don't really move much outside of my own fandoms so I rarely get parodies, unless they're political, which could be part of the reason why I found it a bit slower the first time.
Last edited by iceiwynd on Thu Mar 22, 2007 5:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Rebecca_Cutswald

Postby Rebecca_Cutswald » Thu Mar 22, 2007 5:14 am

I bet the Kenny fans are happy.

Kyle Loves Me// Albino.black.sheep is my accountabilabuddy! *tackle hugs*
KennyStanWendyFan

Postby KennyStanWendyFan » Thu Mar 22, 2007 5:26 am

Rebecca_Cutswald wrote:I bet the Kenny fans are happy.

Yes, quite. :)

I give the overall episode a 9/10. I deducted one point due to the lice scenes kinda taking away from the kids' plot, which I liked better and wanted to see more of. That's not to say that the lice plot was bad; it was amusing in its own right. But yeah, good episode. Season 11's still going strong.
Stanley_Marsh109

Postby Stanley_Marsh109 » Thu Mar 22, 2007 5:47 am

Wow. That episode goes on a list that is slowly growing longer of episodes that didn't get one laugh out of me. The whole lice plot was just stupid and all the kids having lice was predictable. I didn't like it at all. :?
I'm only happy when I'm in my misery...

Thanks to Mr. Hat_DX27 for the sig!
Mr. Hat_DX27

Postby Mr. Hat_DX27 » Thu Mar 22, 2007 6:12 am

I liked it. It was just really amusing to me. The ending was an excellent way to end the episode. Pretty damn good season so far, IMO.
If you want me to do a signature for you, PLEASE READ THIS FIRST!
adritch

Postby adritch » Thu Mar 22, 2007 6:13 am

Good episode 7.5/10. I thought it was very funny, but not every episode has some hidden meaning, it was about LICE.
99.7% of "Greenhouse" gases are natural!
The countries that smoke the most Greece/Japan live the longest!
gannina

Postby gannina » Thu Mar 22, 2007 6:36 am

Worst episode ever! How any can find this funny is beyond me... Please go back to making epsiodes that are spoofs of current events, those are usually hilarious. This is one of the first episodes I almost couldn't finish watching.

Episodes on current events or news events == funny
Stanley_Marsh109

Postby Stanley_Marsh109 » Thu Mar 22, 2007 6:58 am

gannina wrote:Worst episode ever! How any can find this funny is beyond me... Please go back to making epsiodes that are spoofs of current events, those are usually hilarious. This is one of the first episodes I almost couldn't finish watching.

Episodes on current events or news events == funny

I DIDN'T finish watching it. I stopped right after they decided to sock-dry Kenny. I've never done that with an episode before.
I'm only happy when I'm in my misery...

Thanks to Mr. Hat_DX27 for the sig!
TV4Fun

Postby TV4Fun » Thu Mar 22, 2007 7:45 am

I was a little disappointed by the sock drying scene. I was just thinking, "Oh my God! They didn't kill Kenny!"
"You shall not shave around the sides of your head, nor shall you disfigure the edges of your beard" - Leviticus 19:27, NKJV
UnkieHerb

Postby UnkieHerb » Thu Mar 22, 2007 7:58 am

Wow. Season 11 gets better with every episode. 1101 was good, if a bit...bare. 1102 had Butters as a good character again. But...1103 was an absolute classic. Cartman was great, Garrison's small role was good ('Dumbasses!'), the lice subplot was a great parody of disaster movies (or maybe 24...but I don't watch that, so I wouldn't know), and, of course, KENNY! Have that, "Kenny-is-a-prop"jerks!
SterileEyes

Postby SterileEyes » Thu Mar 22, 2007 8:10 am

Worst. Episode. Ever.

I'd give it a 1/10 except I didn't even laugh once.

Time to lay off the sauce, Trey?

When you brag about being a raging alcoholic on the cover of Rolling Stone and the next episode people see is this one...wow...intervention perhaps?

Half kidding, but yeah, in my opinion a f*cking terrible episode.

I'll just watch last week's again to make up for the laughs I missed tonight.
BRMBug

Postby BRMBug » Thu Mar 22, 2007 8:12 am

I loved this ep! Better than the past two in my opinion. There really wasn't anything about the title or description that pulled me in, but I was pleasantly surprised. Lemme run this down play by play style...

-Knew it would be focused on Clyde.
-A lice-ciety? 'k. 'Bebeh' :)
-Oh my god. Craig has black hair.
-That's not a very South Park-y eye that's examining that scalp. :?
-Fuck, they screwed up his name again!
-"Vice President Craig"?
-Girl: "I'm in here for an ear infection. Craig: What are you in for?" "I... I have AIDS." XD
-You know, the more I hear him, the more Travis is starting to sound like some of the televangelists I've seen around, including a certain fat nine year old one we all know too well.
-I loved how there was utter chaos going on in the lice world, then they'd cut to Clyde doing just washing his hair, or blow-drying it. (And what eight year old blow-dries their hair anyway?)

-Fatass: "And this is exactly what Kenny would do, stand here and say nothing." Butters: "Hey guys, what would I do?" Lol.
-Kyle: "It was him. It had to be him" Stan: "Yeah. Or you." :o Little dill-hole!
-Oh, and going back a few scenes, That one melted... Lie? Lice? Well, that one melted one that said "Help me, help me", is that a "The Fly" parody?
-... Damn, I need to see "The Thing".
-(taking into account that I've seen the episode already, and have read a few posts on it) So, what, Cartman cheated on Kenny's sample and not Kyle's? That's not like him.
-...Where'd a lice get a gun that small?

-I wondered where "The Forbidden Zone" was.
-Jimmy: "Yeah, we're gonna f-f-fuck him up!" XD
-The end lice dialogue seems very 24ish to me, although I've never really seen a whole episode. Just parts of them. But I still don't think this is the 24 parody.
-VP... lice: "If the world was alive it would feel this!" *blam blam blam blam blam* Craig: ..."Ow." :)
-OMG, unhooded Kenny! Poor kid.
-SOCK BATH?!?!
-Kenny: "No, NO, NOT THE SOCKS!!!" XD
-:o They all had it? Oh, I didn't know they hopped around like that.
-I'm having a hard time figuring out what the background behind the lice as it's attached to the fly is. It looks familiar though.
-Angelina Jolee? I thought she was clean down there. No, not that clean. Thaaat "clean".
GoobleGobble

Postby GoobleGobble » Thu Mar 22, 2007 10:55 am

I absolutely loved it!

The whole lice society thing was brilliant imo. It kinda reminded me of Team America, because the lice story was very Bruckheimer also. Lice that have such complex emotions, that's just comic genius. The way it was 'filmed', the music,... sorry, but this is one of my favourites I think.

Ofcourse it wasn't a typical SP episode, but that's OK, we don't need that EVERY time.

(and I really didn't like A Million Little Fibers FYI).
One of us!
One of us!
xJackxTarx

Postby xJackxTarx » Thu Mar 22, 2007 11:09 am

I personally couldn't stop laughing...

Just...wow. The whole lice society was really funny...

And darn it, it isn't the first time they changed his name...Though Donovan does sound cooler than Harris, think about it. Hair-is. It makes a stupidly funny pun.

I can't remember the plot of Antz, just A Bug's Life...though if they were going to allude to Antz they should have done a Woody Allen impression...But the one movie it did vaguely remind me of is Final Fantasy: the Spirits Within, if anyone remembers that...Just the whole living earth idea. And that's simply with my limited memory and all. I just remember watching this episode and distinctly being reminded of the Spirits Within.

I think one of my favorite parts was when Kelleh's body ripped from her arm.

And I love that Cartman didn't pin this on Kyle. It's far too expected, first of all, and why go after Kyle when Kenny's a far better candidate to have head lice? I'm very happy about that. Veeeery happy. And it further proves Cartman's ruthless character.

I can't look at Hope without wanting to scratch my head....that's one sick looking nit. All the nits look gross. The lice look friendly and nice, and Kelleh is a gorgeous looking louse, but..Rargh...
It's not easy having yourself a good time.

Return to “Spoilers/New Episode Discussion”