*1103: Lice Capades*

Discuss new episodes without ruining them for people in other time zones.

Moderator: Big-Will

albino.black.sheep

Postby albino.black.sheep » Thu Mar 22, 2007 4:38 pm

triplemultiplex wrote:
nervous_aardvark wrote:VP George Bush (though decidedly more evil than the 80s)

If anything, it was a characature of Dick Cheney.

Yeah, I was gonna say it was more Cheney. Gun-happy Cheney.

Harris? HARRIS?! Clyde Donovan sounded better. I didn't really like the lice subplot, they could've made this episode a singular narrative with more of a conspiracy theory. The episode didn't suck, but it wasn't as good as Cartman Sucks or Apologies to Jesse Jackson.

I knew there would be lice on the pubes though.
Email notifications do matter, people.
papafrita

Postby papafrita » Thu Mar 22, 2007 5:04 pm

pretty good.. allot went over my head.. basically the story of how jenifer aniston and a. jolie became friends .. i love the reoccurring dream 'shoot the ground with the foot gun' reference.. trey musta liked ants or a bugs life or whatever.. the thing thing complimented the spin on all the other sh*t they rip off that i don't get here in antartica. our culture is dissolving!
candies

Postby candies » Thu Mar 22, 2007 5:25 pm

Incredible, Incredible, Incredible, Incredible hilarious episode ever way better than last week's episode

Clyde tought that he was the one with lice but Mrs. Garrison according that everyone has lice the whole time. It's just so funny about that lice bug dying into some parasites shampoo and Travis ( if that how you spelled it) warning everyone to climb the tree

temporarily, Cartman condemning that Kenny has the lice by being told that underprivileged people has lices. As the episode ended I just like that Angelia Jolie part when the shown that she has lice into her pussy! 8)
Xandir: And the important we are together, Draw toge--(Gets hit by the head)

Mr.Garrison: You go to Hell, You go to Hell and you die!
SPF4L#1

Postby SPF4L#1 » Thu Mar 22, 2007 5:58 pm

This is exactly the same thing they did with A Million Little Fibers.

Come up with a great idea for an episode and play the story out extremely well, then go and f*ck up the episode by having a stupid mindless B-plot that isn't funny. Just like the Towelie parody in AMLF, the parts with the kids in this episode were absolutely brilliant. Classic South Park. So I can't imagine how the hell they dreamt up the idea of lice becoming so prominent. Maybe a few brief scenes with the lice would have been funny, but not half the bloody episode. Almost as unfunny as Oprah's talking minge.
If you can be bothered...please check out this poll:
http://misterpoll.com/4270026923.html
KennyStanWendyFan

Postby KennyStanWendyFan » Thu Mar 22, 2007 6:07 pm

This episode was far better than A Million Little Fibers. I found the Towelie plot in AMLF to be stupidly amusing, but the Gary and Mingey plot was just awful. After a while, I got tired of staring at Oprah's crotch and listening to dialogue. The lice plot in Lice Capades wasn't that bad though; like the Towelie plot in AMLF, it was stupidly amusing. The parts with the kids, however, were good and I liked them far better than the lice subplot. I wasn't bothered by the lice subplot like I was by the Gary and Mingey subplot from AMLF though.
Aym_Dand

Postby Aym_Dand » Thu Mar 22, 2007 6:32 pm

The "sock bath" joke reminded me of the beard/face warmer joke from Cartman's Incredible Gift: take something "ordinary" like beatings with soap bars in socks or growing a beard in a coma and turn it on its side. Best joke in the episode for me.

But the fact that that was the best joke shows how this episode wasn't the best they're capable of.

I think they've proven they can parody and satirize the sh*t out of Jerry Bruckheimer, so I didn't get as much out of the lice story as I would have had this episode been made a few years ago. As soon as the lead louse started that gooey relationship-talk with his wife I knew they were setting up an episode-long runner, and I hated them for it. It made me laugh, but the laughs were pulled out of me like teeth.

I loved the scene where everyone was accusing everyone else of having lice and they kept talking about how what each of them were doing was what each of them would do. A very meta scene. Rare for South Park. Good stuff, nonetheless. (Did I see Vernon Chatman's name on the closing credits? I know he's a big meta guy, or at least Wonder Showzen was. So I wonder if he had influence there.)

I don't think the Lice/Vice President was a Cheney satire. I think it was a parody of all self-serving politicians in those disaster movies.

Good closing joke, though I would have gone with someone a little more cunty.

I love this f*ckin' show.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=nSD-Tk0Z3zI

http://www.gonefiction.com
Big-Will
Board Moderator

Postby Big-Will » Thu Mar 22, 2007 6:41 pm

...what does meta mean again? Self-referential?
The South Park Scriptorium
The South Park Scriptorium on Facebook

Favorite Character: Butters
Need to look for something on the board? Use the search links below: US version
LBius

Postby LBius » Thu Mar 22, 2007 6:54 pm

I watched this episode with no expectations (I've been a little busy to psyche myself over SP lately) and I have to admit it was a very well-done episode.

It was a different change of pace for the staff and they did a fantastic job of making this episode more story-driven than toilet humour. With that said, that ending... oh god... You watch the whole episode and when you get to that bit you just HAD to expect something like that...

Anyway, the lice plot was fantastic and I'm counting on the fact that there were so many damn references in this episode that made it fantastic.

Lice is kind of a current event (well, more like recurring) so I was glad to see them do something interesting with the episode.

In terms of animation (and I don't believe anyone has said anything about it so far), I loved it. I always love when the animation team do what Maya was designed to be used -- 3D elements. And the camera angles makes me believe that this could be the 24 referenced episode. Not a whole lot of references (I'm inclined to say they did a poor job if this was the episode) but so far: Travis was essentially always right and the VP is a bastard (at the time of this episode's airing, he IS a bastard...). But the chasing sequences used a lot of 'hand held camera' techniques which added a sense of (heh) realism to the environment.

I am kinda iffy about the undertones of the episode. The Earth is not a conscious entity as such, so I'm kind of wondering just what exactly they wanted to convey as the message in this episode.

Edit: Just wanted to point out a freaking funny bit that surely EVERYONE laughed at: When Clyde is in the waiting room and says he has AIDS. Then he's called to the doctor's office. Notice the girl's mother keeping her daughter away from Clybe... Sooo wrong =]
swellman7

Postby swellman7 » Thu Mar 22, 2007 7:11 pm

9/10 Great episode.

Clyde plot: Very funny. I love clyde and I'm glad they finally started using some more secondary characters. And Kenny actually played a good role in this episode! And we actually got to see him unhooded! Anyway, I thought it was very well done.

Lice plot: I never really saw that one coming. I was surprised, but pleasently surprised. I never would have though that they could make the subplot about lice and still have it be good,but they did.

This has been the best episode of season 11. And hopefully the rest of the episodes are as good as the first three were.
Killahertz9

Postby Killahertz9 » Thu Mar 22, 2007 7:46 pm

Good Episode and is even better the second time around.

I loved all the references, such as:

The Fly scene carrying Travis away : LOTR: Return of the King (Frodo being flown away from Mt. Doom)
The Evil VP : 24 (Charles Logan)
The Blood testing : The Thing
VP won't evacuate because of the Gutack Festival: 300 (The priestly Ephors won't go to war because of the Carneian festival.)
Conscience Earth : Final Fantasy: The Spirits Within
Eye In the Sky : A science fiction Novel written by Philip K. Dick
The Lice Shampoo killing the lice and running though the hair : Dante's Peak
BigBroflovskiFan

Postby BigBroflovskiFan » Thu Mar 22, 2007 9:09 pm

Wow, I gotta say, I didn't really have high hopes for this episode [I thought it was going to be another completely Cartman centered ep], but I actually really enjoyed it.

For one, the animation was awesome, the 3D aspect and the type of camera movement was great, especially during the 'storm' scene when all the live had to climb "trees". :lol:

I really loved the parts with the boys in this one, especially when they were all accusing each other and saying what they would do if they were the ones with lice. Haha Butters and his lameness - "WHAT WOULD I DO?" :lol:

All in all, good episode, I liked it and Kenny finally DID something.
plk12345

Postby plk12345 » Thu Mar 22, 2007 9:15 pm

great episode, the best so far in season 11
DevilAngel16

Postby DevilAngel16 » Thu Mar 22, 2007 9:31 pm

fhudsihfidsuhfdsai. KENNY. hfuidhfiduhfds.

My God. I...wow. Ahh. XD You have absolutely no idea how f*cking happy I was that Kenny actually had a role in last night's episode. I mean, ahhhh, FINALLY.

Alright. I'm gonna calm down so I can actually give my opinion of the episode instead of just squealing like a fangirly loser for an entire post.

Sooo...honestly, I wasn't crazy about the way it started off. The whole beginning of the episode was kinda...slow moving, in my opinion. I mean, when it turned out that it actually was Clyde with lice, I was only slightly disappointed. Just slightly. I guess I didn't really care, though, since I had a feeling that it was gonna be him.

Yeah, and the whole lice sub plot didn't really grab my attention either. It wasn't bad, it just...wasn't very funny. The only time I actually laughed out loud during that plot was when Travis and that other lice-girl (or whatever...did she have a name? I can't recall at the moment. XD) were talking, and then all of a sudden the girl got shot. That was just completely unexpected and funny. XD

But anyway, the only other slight disappointment for me was that we didn't get to see all of the other boys without their hats - and by that I mean Stan and Kyle - and I was looking forward to that.

But I what I did love from the beginning of the episode was Cartman being all, "Ah, yes, the JEW problem," aaand how he instantly accused Kenny of having lice since he's poor. I was just happy that Kenny was actually, y'know, acknowledged again. And how Kenny was like, “f*ck you!” He sure says the F word a lot. XD

So yeah, I wasn’t crazy about the episode toward the beginning. I thought it was fine, just nothing special. I really started loving the episode during that whole hallway scene with all of the boys. I just...loved the interaction among the kids – mainly the four boys. How they were all, “This is exactly what you would do.” And then when Cartman said, “This is exactly what Kenny would do; stand in the background and say nothing.” (or something like that...I only watched this episode one time so far.) That made me laugh sarcastically. :P Don’t get me wrong; I did think that line was funny. Because, apparently Matt and Trey know that Kenny usually does/says NOTHING. That reminded me of when Stan said that line in The Jeffersons about Kenny finally getting to do something. ;P

But aaanyway, I loved the whole blood test thingy scene also. I loved it when Kenny’s blood thingy exploded (I thought it was gonna be Clyde’s. I’m sure they were intending to make us think that). And then how all of the kids stared at him and he ran out of the room. AWW. Kenny. I wanted to, like, hug him or something. Poor kid. I felt so bad for him. XD

But OH MY GOD. The ending was the f*cking BEST PART. With the kids, um, what was it, soap bathing Kenny? I seriously don’t remember what they called it. XD

And when they pulled Kenny’s parka off! Forget it; that instantly clinched the awesomeness of this episode for me. AHHH. He was UNHOODED. AAAAND he spoke with it off. I forget what he said, though. Something like, “No, not the socks!” Or I dunno. I loved how he was screaming too. Aww. Poor Kenny. XD

I also loved when the kids started confessing that they had lice. Kyle was the first to confess, of course. That’s just so...Kyle of him. <3 Aww. But, after all of that, Clyde still didn’t even fess up. I mean, wow, even freaking Cartman did. Yeah. The kids were f*cking great in this episode.

And the ending was quite funny and random too. I wasn’t expecting the new lice to be in Angelina Jolie’s, well, ya know. XD That was a good way to end it.

Anyway, yeah. I loved this episode. It started off slow, but it got a hell of a lot better rather quickly. I loved the kids in this one. I loooved Kenny in this one. I'm not gonna lie; the fact that Kenny had a great role in this episode is why I reeeally loved it. AHHH. Kenny. I f*cking love that kid, like, way too much. XD

:D
Aym_Dand

Postby Aym_Dand » Thu Mar 22, 2007 9:48 pm

Big-Will wrote:...what does meta mean again? Self-referential?

Yeah, pretty much.

[metaphysics] : more comprehensive : transcending <metapsychological> -- usually used with the name of a discipline to designate a new but related discipline designed to deal critically with the original one <metamathematics>

It has a looser, non-Merriam-Webster definition in the comedy world, which you summed up simply and I would say accurately as "self-referential."

http://youtube.com/watch?v=nSD-Tk0Z3zI

http://www.gonefiction.com
gtaca2005

Postby gtaca2005 » Thu Mar 22, 2007 10:07 pm

albino.black.sheep wrote:I knew there would be lice on the pubes though.

I think they were crabs, I'll take another look on my DVR.
"It's not Jesus.... It's a portal monster." - SuperiourSavior

Return to “Spoilers/New Episode Discussion”