*1103: Lice Capades*

Discuss new episodes without ruining them for people in other time zones.

Moderator: Big-Will

cactuswolf1983

Postby cactuswolf1983 » Fri Mar 23, 2007 2:00 am

Season 11 is absolutely awesome. I thought 8 and 10 started off great...this season looks to be the best yet!

1101: With Apologies To Jesse Jackson - 9/10

1102: Cartman Sucks - 9/10

1103: Lice Capades - 9/10

I can't give any episode a perfect score (it rarely happens when I score) but a 9 may as well be the highest score by me.

Anyways...Lice Capades was an awesome episode. I especially liked the twist at the end, and even more so that the fact that Kenny was a little more involved this episode. That part when Cartman was heating the blood and the one shot up in the air, and he turns the can around and I'm expecting it to say "Clyde", it says "Kenny", and Kenny darts out the door! Oh man it has been a while since I laughed that hard!!!! I just hope this winning streak is kept up!
Rebecca_Cutswald

Postby Rebecca_Cutswald » Fri Mar 23, 2007 2:02 am

[quote="Token_Mike":10e69]I

These guys bust their asses with little or no sleep and you all sit back on your little pillars of judgement like you have any talent whatsoever.

[/url][/quote:10e69]

LAWLS! And they sit back on their massive pillars of money which *we* the fans indirectly give them.

It's nice that you worship M&T and all... but seriously it's not that big a deal.
Kyle Loves Me// Albino.black.sheep is my accountabilabuddy! *tackle hugs*
Token_Mike

Postby Token_Mike » Fri Mar 23, 2007 2:12 am

Really, what money have you given them, Rebecca? Comedy central takes the vast majority of profits. M&T get crumbs comparatively. What money. Man, some people should not be allowed an opinion.
tvtvtv

Postby tvtvtv » Fri Mar 23, 2007 2:15 am

It had some good stuff for older fans.

The socks and soap used to be in basic training where a lagging soldiers would be beaten with sock+soap by the rest of their unit. A famous scene in the movie "A Few Good Men"

A strong underlying theme was the right to privacy. M&T are libertarians, so I know this was their intention. Cartman the ever-fascist goes overboard in violating the right to privacy for his own selfish ends.

Lice life seeded from another world by flies. This is like some cults believe life on Earth came from another planet. Rejecting creation by both god and science.
Last edited by tvtvtv on Fri Mar 23, 2007 2:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
Rebecca_Cutswald

Postby Rebecca_Cutswald » Fri Mar 23, 2007 2:17 am

Token_Mike wrote:Really, what money have you given them, Rebecca? Comedy central takes the vast majority of profits. M&T get crumbs comparatively. What money. Man, some people should not be allowed an opinion.

It isn't an "opinion" stupid. An opinion is subjective. Saying that I give them money is fact. I buy their products and give ratings to their series. And if you really think they make "crumbs" compared to comedy central; let's compare their income to anyone else's here.

FYI: My dad is a cartoonist so I think I know better than you how much money these guys make and trust me- producers get a pretty penny.

Yeah it's cool to respect artists and all but ass licking is just icky. Stop brown nosing dood.
Token_Mike

Postby Token_Mike » Fri Mar 23, 2007 2:26 am

Rebecca. Do you think anyone out there knows or gives a f*ck about you or your viewing habbits? I thought you were a lesbo anyway. If you don't lick ass then you are obviously not a very good dyke. And by the way, merchandise sales predominantly go to Comedy Central. So again I ask you. What f*cking money do you give them. Sorry about your Dad's job though! Mabey we should rename you Kenny. "Poor people suck"
iceiwynd

Postby iceiwynd » Fri Mar 23, 2007 2:39 am

I love the "TRU FANS" who do nothing but praise, praise, praise. I do believe Matt and Trey have mentioned something on this issue before... If my memory is serving me correctly, it's in the commentary for Free Hat. About how all anyone would ever do to people like George Lucas is say, "Yes, yes, yes, brilliant!" and the like - a bunch of "yes" men, too spineless to actually step up and tell him, "No, what you're doing is crap."

And they said it in a criticizing tone, so one could logically assume that Matt and Trey to not agree with that kind of praise. Which is exactly the kind that "TRU FANS" harp on them. Yes, the guys have talent. And they know how to use it. And they know that they're not perfect, and I do believe that if they were sucking pretty badly, they would want somebody to tell them that instead of continously telling them that they're brilliant (seriously, it's gotta get old after a while). And besides, how do you learn and grow if nobody critizes you?

True, this is only a fan message board that they don't look at, but it's a start. And if people are thinking that the episode was lacking in quality, then it'll probably reach their ears, somehow. And if it continues, then they should know to improve. They often don't listen to the fans, but I'm sure they can appreciate some decent criticism now and again.
Rebecca_Cutswald

Postby Rebecca_Cutswald » Fri Mar 23, 2007 2:59 am

Token_Mike wrote: Mabey we should rename you Kenny. "Poor people suck"

LAWLS... KENNY ROCKS. Please do.

Anyway.... I liked the lice people. It almost makes me want pube lice so I can take a magnifying glass and see their awesome world since I'm so poor I can't afford cable and have no other means of entertainment.
Token_Mike

Postby Token_Mike » Fri Mar 23, 2007 3:14 am

Iceiwynd, I have read many of your posts. It is obvious you are intelligent. I certainly can appreciate your point here as well. Thank you for knowing how to debate. I agree with your perspective to a degree, but even you must be getting sick of all the crap posts that go back and forth on this forum. I believe M&T would want constructive criticism. Not "the lice idea sucked, it should be more about current events", and then the following week the same asswipe posts "They should stop doing current events and focus more on the kids 2/10" This does not merit good criticism. And lets face it, M&T will only listen to each other when it comes to opinions of their work. If you are a fan then act like one. If a fan has a criticism, then a well thought out alternative to what that person disliked should follow the criticism otherwise it's just petty bitching. That is my point. I am not here to suck of M&T, I do appreciate their abilities and I think true fans should be more supportive.
Rebecca_Cutswald

Postby Rebecca_Cutswald » Fri Mar 23, 2007 3:19 am

if you are a fan act like one

"Fan" is simply short for "fanatiic" and doesn't nessicarily mean they worship the artists so much as it means they are "fanatically" interested in the series. For instance; Marathoning SP episodes and buying their products and attending conventions (not that they have any but suppose they did) would make me a "fanatic" it wouldn't nessicarily make me a rational human being and it wouldn't be something to be proud of either...

Speaking of which; I regret having entered this conversation.

CLYDE DENOVAN NOW CLYDE HARRIS WTF?
Token_Mike

Postby Token_Mike » Fri Mar 23, 2007 3:57 am

Rebecca. You know how I know your gay? You type "LAWLS"
iceiwynd

Postby iceiwynd » Fri Mar 23, 2007 4:23 am

Token_Mike wrote:Iceiwynd, I have read many of your posts. It is obvious you are intelligent. I certainly can appreciate your point here as well. Thank you for knowing how to debate. I agree with your perspective to a degree, but even you must be getting sick of all the crap posts that go back and forth on this forum.

Wow, thanks. :B

Oh, trust me, I do find a lot of the hateful posts frustrating - but only when they come from the same people every single week. Those who say that every episode from the newer seasons sucks and upon reading a new episode announcement instantly deem it as horrible frustrate me. Especially when they come week after week after week.

But coming off and yelling at people who really, really didn't like this episode (and yet still tend to like the other ones) isn't the best first impression to make. You should be a bit less patrionizing, a little more rational like how you replied to me... Just because Matt and Trey bust their asses off doesn't mean that everyone is going to love it. Several people don't even watch South Park.

Though I will continue to agree with you on the constant flip-flopping of opinions there are here, though most of the exampels I've seen have been over longer periods of time. Some people here want current events episodes, and some other people want boys being boys. I think you're mixing the two together here. And a good deal of the criticsim I've seen here actually has been decent, level-headed (sorta), and appropriate.

"True fans" shouldn't be supportive, they should be honest.
Unhooded Kenny

Postby Unhooded Kenny » Fri Mar 23, 2007 4:31 am

Did Kenny sound like he did in the Jeffersons? Anyway I hope that doesn't mean his unhooded quota is up for this season.
Jayemel

Postby Jayemel » Fri Mar 23, 2007 5:24 am

iceiwynd wrote:"True fans" shouldn't be supportive, they should be honest.

Icei, I'm not addressing you directly, but the concept you touched on.

The use of the phrase "true fans" is a load of bs used by some people (in relevance to ANY material that has fans) to strengthen their own self esteem.

The "true fan" is as much of a myth as Bigfoot. Now THAT concept would make a great episode.

As for Trey and Matt not making good money, do you honestly think they would continue making the show if they were being prostituted? It's the same argument as "record labels make all the money off musicians." Oh, I feel so bad Britney Spears had to downgrade her jet.
KennyStanWendyFan

Postby KennyStanWendyFan » Fri Mar 23, 2007 5:33 am

I never did like the whole "true fans" concept. I'm not even going to dignify it with a definition because it's a load of crap. I love the show for the most part, I'm honest about how I feel about each episode, and there may be people who like it more than me or less than me or for different reasons than me or they might like different episodes than me... whatever. There are fans and there are... non-fans. That's it. As for those who come back every week saying "This episode's gonna suck!" before it even airs or "This episode sucked, just like the last thirty episodes!", yes, they are annoying. I guess if I had to give them a label, I'd call them "former fans." These people tend to like the old episodes and continue watching to see if maybe someday the show will return to being like it was in Season 1 (oh, and FYI--that day will never come). However, criticizing an episode occasionally doesn't make someone ungrateful for Matt and Trey's hard work nor does it make them any less of a fan than someone who loves every episode and licks the sh*t off of Matt and Trey's asses. Everyone is entitled to their own opinions, and if they criticize an episode, they must care enough about the show to voice their opinion if they feel it's slipping. There should be a line, however, where a person realizes, "Hey, I've hated the last fifty episodes. Maybe I should stop watching." Otherwise, they begin to infect the board with their pessimism and it gets irritating to the rest of us. Criticizing an episode every now and then is a different story altogether.

Return to “Spoilers/New Episode Discussion”