*1103: Lice Capades*

Discuss new episodes without ruining them for people in other time zones.

Moderator: Big-Will

pitchblank

Postby pitchblank » Thu Mar 22, 2007 11:22 am

SterileEyes wrote:Worst. Episode. Ever.

No. Ever since "A Million Little Fibers" aired, the phrase "Worst. Episode. Ever." can no longer be used, because the gap between that rock bottom and the second worst episode ever is just too wide. A conspiracy buff might even argue that "A Million Little Fibers" was intended to be mindbogglingly god awful just so that it would put an end to all the "worst episode" debate forever.

I'd rank this one 4/10 (which isn't too bad... I'm one of those people who actually use the numbers 2-8 on a scale of 10, as opposed to the "That sucked! I give it a 9.8!" method")
miller man

Postby miller man » Thu Mar 22, 2007 12:07 pm

I actually enjoyed it. The whole time I watched the lice village aspect, I thought to myself "this is what a secondary series by Matt & Trey, using the same animation, would feel like, ala "Futurama", "King Of The Hill", or "American Dad". Not that they would devote an entire series to lice villages, but I don't mind these off-the-wall stories. They've done it before, and much worse I might add, in "Pip". "Not Without My Anus" was another departure, and was great. This episode fell in the middle. To those who thought that this, along with the other two Season 11 episodes, was horrible, I ask "Did you watch any of Season 10?" Because these three eps, regardless of laughter volume, are leaps and bounds over those 14 creatively.
kylestanfan

Postby kylestanfan » Thu Mar 22, 2007 12:18 pm

I FLIPPING KNEW IT WAS CLYDE!!!

I'm RIGHT! Somebody ought to owe me e-money...:P

Hehe...I really didn't understand how the lice VP got a gun. I'm probably overthinking it, after all, most of the lice seemed to be rednecks, and we all know how THAT story goes...but heh he got picked up by Clyde and flung to the ground after the VP shot him in the head.

And the end! OMG the end! What did SHE do to piss them off? Maybe it's all the Eithernopian children...

Then there were the allegories to global warming: "The planet doesn't want us here! It's trying to get rid of us," and the like. Tell me I wasn't the only one who saw that...

Overall, 7/10. Mainly because I didn't understand why the lice were rednecks and had guns.
This is really something witty. I promise. If you don't get it, you are an idiot :D

Hamsters.
kylelover52610

Postby kylelover52610 » Thu Mar 22, 2007 12:28 pm

Well, I too liked it. It was not as good as the last two, but it was pretty entertaining.
The lice were kind of boring, and I have a phobia of flies, but overall I think it was pretty good.
My faorite parts were when the boys were laying the blame on each other, and the last part with Angelina Jolie. Mainly because I loathe her.
I am thinking since they are on good terms with Jennifer Aniston, maybe that's why they did it. Wait, probably not....-_-;;

Anyhow, I give it a 5/10.
Jay C

Postby Jay C » Thu Mar 22, 2007 1:15 pm

Hah, that was an awesome episode. I found the sub-plot of the lice trying to find a new 'Planet' really good, and the over-dramatic feel to it was great, too.

I thought the main plot was fantastic, especially when Cartman was trying to find out who had the lice, with the blow torch and bit of metal. I was really expecting only one kid to have the lice, but I feel a bit dumb knowing that all of them having it was the most likely outcome. XD

Craig has black hair!? ;o I can remember me and a few other members here debating about what his hair colour was during the summer, and coming to the conclusion that it was brown. I guess that was all for nothing. XD

And Clyde's second name changed again? Harris? Wasn't it Donovan a few seasons ago? Or am I just... spouting bullsh*t? :lol:

Oh, and that ending f*cking WON so HARD. :lol: :lol:
Read my horrible webcomic you fat assh*le!
ubergenius

Postby ubergenius » Thu Mar 22, 2007 1:37 pm

Pure awesomeness!

Best scene:

VP: "If the planet was alive, it would feel this." *BLAM BLAM BLAM*
Clyde: "Ow."

That scene was awesome.

And the Lord of the Rings: Return of the King parody with the eagles/fly.
I aim to misbehave.
http://www.student-manager.com
KennyStanWendyFan

Postby KennyStanWendyFan » Thu Mar 22, 2007 2:21 pm

gannina wrote:Episodes on current events or news events == funny

Yeah, maybe for about a week, then the plot becomes dated and no one gives a sh*t anymore. Original stories take far more thought than just "whatever's going on in the news" and are timeless.
strumpfhose

Postby strumpfhose » Thu Mar 22, 2007 2:47 pm

WTF??!! Seriously!!! That was.... What the hell were they tripping on when they came up with the lice story??!! :cartmanlaugh: My reaction through the whole lice part was: :shock: "wtfffffff?" the most dramatic parts even made me laugh out loud actually, though. That was so far out and dum that it was actually super hilarious. Kind of the same kind of thing like in Team America: something overly dramatic is going on but it still is just about some goddamn marionette puppets.
The main lice sounded like Randy at some points, and like Cartman at others.
I liked the part with the boys at least as much. Finally we got to see more of the other boys as well.
Oh, and Angelina Jolie!!! ROFL
I think I'll start to rate the episodes, too, from now on. So I'll give this 8,5/10 (having seen it only once).
I think all the episodes in season 11 have been great so far.
Joe Bobs

Postby Joe Bobs » Thu Mar 22, 2007 3:58 pm

Brilliance! Genius! I am beginning to believe that there will never be a bad episode of South Park. My least favourite is 'Jakovosaurs' but even that had Cartman's "authoritah!" that was pretty funny (the jakovosaurs themselves I never found that funny).

No one on the forums thought for a second, whilst trying to predict the episode, that the story would focus on the lice themselves. Genius! Is there a deliberate paralell to global warming? The Vice-President insisted it was "only a disaster" and not indicative of anything more, similar to the Bush administrations view on any natural disaster, especially in New Orleans. We know from previous episodes that Trey and Matt are at least skeptical of global warming, but perhaps, like myself, they have been convinced by the IPCC's verdict, that even with the barest and most certain facts, global warming is probably due to mankind, with over 90% probability.

Oh, and The Thing reference! Brilliant! Did Cartman knock Kenny's dish or did it really jump? Perhaps Kenny is infected with the Thing!

Also, the whole dying in the desert scene, juxtaposed with Clyde's casual "ouch" and flick, was very very funny. The fact that he kneecapped him! haha.

Mostly, I was happy to see Stan and Kyle get more lines. I was even happier that more kids got lines. I don't necessarily enjoy the episodes that focus on them being kids more than the directly satirical episodes, but SP has been heavier on the latter recently, so some of the old school was a welcome return. :)
Favourite South Parks:
1) Christian Rock Hard
2) The Tooth Fairy Tats 2000
3) I'm a Little Bit Country

Proudly boasts to be a South Park Geek. :)
Tweeks_Coffee

Postby Tweeks_Coffee » Thu Mar 22, 2007 3:59 pm

Yeah, Clyde\'s last name was Donovan in Quest For Ratings. It was Goodman before that, so that makes three different last names for him now.

Craig\'s hair was black in South Park Is Gay!, but brown in Losing Edge. I\'m guessing you guys concluded that his hair was brown since it was more likely that he dyed it for the metro thing than during baseball.
Joe Bobs

Postby Joe Bobs » Thu Mar 22, 2007 4:03 pm

Matt and Trey have commented on more than one occasion that continuity is not of major importance to them. Freedom from continuity gives them a lot more room to do whatever they like. For example, they stopped killing Kenny in every episode because that was restricting their freedom; they would have to find time to kill him in every show, and often they wanted to do something else in that time.

As a fan, I prefer to think about the ethical continuity, rather than physical continuity. Changes in SP morality are far more interesting than changes in their fictional universe, and, also, relate to our universe.

ed: I am entirely ignorant of US celebrity culture, or any celebrity culture. Apart from starring in Tomb Raider, what has Angelina Jolie done? lol
Last edited by Joe Bobs on Thu Mar 22, 2007 4:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Favourite South Parks:
1) Christian Rock Hard
2) The Tooth Fairy Tats 2000
3) I'm a Little Bit Country

Proudly boasts to be a South Park Geek. :)
KennyStanWendyFan

Postby KennyStanWendyFan » Thu Mar 22, 2007 4:06 pm

Other name changes in South Park:
-In Death, Liane referred to Sheila as Carol. Sheila later referred to Sharon as Carol.
-In Here Comes the Neighborhood, Token's last name was Williams. Beginning in Quest For Ratings, his last name was Black, which seems to have stuck.
-In Krazy Kripples, Jimmy's last name was Swanson. Beginning in Up the Down Steroid, his last name was Vaulmer and that seems to have stuck.
-Butters' dad's name alternates between Chris and Steven. Chris was used in Seasons 5 and 6, then Steven in Season 7, then back to Chris in Season 8, then Steven again in Season 9 and beyond. I guess Steven is sticking now.
-The red-haired girl was called Bertha in Erection Day but was later called Red in Marjorine and Follow That Egg.
-In the really old episodes, some characters who would later become more prominent were given different names during their prop days. For example, in Conjoined Fetus Lady, Annie (as named in Stupid Spoiled Whore Video Playset) and Butters (as named in Two Guys Naked in a Hot Tub; if you don't know who he is by now, you haven't been paying attention) were referred to as Jordan and Swanson.

Matt and Trey don't really seem to keep track of names, it seems. :P
Tweeks_Coffee

Postby Tweeks_Coffee » Thu Mar 22, 2007 4:13 pm

Not to mention the fact that Kyle, a main character no less, has had at least three different spellings of his name. Broflovski is the standard now, but it took a while to set in.
SterileEyes

Postby SterileEyes » Thu Mar 22, 2007 4:22 pm

pitchblank wrote:
SterileEyes wrote:Worst. Episode. Ever.

No. Ever since "A Million Little Fibers" aired, the phrase "Worst. Episode. Ever." can no longer be used, because the gap between that rock bottom and the second worst episode ever is just too wide. A conspiracy buff might even argue that "A Million Little Fibers" was intended to be mindbogglingly god awful just so that it would put an end to all the "worst episode" debate forever.

I'd rank this one 4/10 (which isn't too bad... I'm one of those people who actually use the numbers 2-8 on a scale of 10, as opposed to the "That sucked! I give it a 9.8!" method")

Difference is, I was really mad at Oprah at the time. I bought that book off Amazon after she initially supported James Frey and it showed up in the mail the day after she changed her mind and tore him a new assh*le. I thought the banter between Gary and Mingie was funny...at least for a few seconds...and the opening PF Changs scene was ok.

So basically, I laughed maybe twice at A Million Little Fibers and I didn't laugh once at this episode.

I see what you're saying though!
PatrickvD

Postby PatrickvD » Thu Mar 22, 2007 4:37 pm

though I;m not sure, I thought among the movies referenced in this episode were Dante's Peak and Planet of the Apes.

And when he was taken away by the fly at the end I Kinda felt Return of the King. But that could have been just me.

anyway, Angelina Jolie at the end was hilarious.

Return to “Spoilers/New Episode Discussion”