*1103: Lice Capades*

Discuss new episodes without ruining them for people in other time zones.

Moderator: Big-Will

Big-Will
Board Moderator

Postby Big-Will » Fri Mar 23, 2007 5:41 am

Anyone who posts here on a regular basis is a fan. As for kissing MnT's asses, we're not doing that unless they're at the top of their game, and frankly, it's been a while since they've been there. If we bitch about their recent eps, it's because we know they can do better. We've seen them do better before.
The South Park Scriptorium
The South Park Scriptorium on Facebook

Favorite Character: Butters
Need to look for something on the board? Use the search links below: US version
Jayemel

Postby Jayemel » Fri Mar 23, 2007 5:46 am

[quote="KennyStanWendyFan":33e47]IAs for those who come back every week saying "This episode's gonna suck!" before it even airs or "This episode sucked, just like the last thirty episodes!", yes, they are annoying. I guess if I had to give them a label, I'd call them "former fans." These people tend to like the old episodes and continue watching to see if maybe someday the show will return to being like it was in Season 1 (oh, and FYI--that day will never come).[/quote:33e47]

Those people are refugees. No one listens to their opinions in real life, so they sick refugee in the abyss of the internet by tossing their words into the ether and hoping they stick. Once again, these people exist in every fandom. If you don't believe me, go read some pro wrestling message boards.

On this subject, Evageline Lily was just on Letterman talking about how no matter how LOST schedules its episodes, fans are still pissed off, and she doesn't know how to please them all.

Letterman's response? "I wouldn't worry about them."
JoachimM

Postby JoachimM » Fri Mar 23, 2007 7:47 am

This is the most ridiculous argument I have ever seen on a bulletin board. What the f*ck is wrong with you people, arguing about who are "true fans" and who are'nt. WHO THE F*CK CARES???

Watch the show, enjoy it and if you don't like watching southpark anymore, stop watching. it's really not that complicated.

For those people who expect every episode to be a classic, be realistic. Some episodes are going to suck, but there has never been a southpark season without at least a couple of amazing episodes. If you do think there has been seasons without any amazing episodes, you have no sense of humour.
balancebalance

Postby balancebalance » Fri Mar 23, 2007 9:00 am

I thought all the kids were gonna swing the sock at kenny just like in FULL METAL JACKET when all the marines gang up on that weird dude and started hitting him with the bar of soap wrapped in a towel towel. So i guess you can say that they also made a FULL METAL JACKET reference.
Big-Will
Board Moderator

Postby Big-Will » Fri Mar 23, 2007 9:15 am

Jayemel wrote:On this subject, Evageline Lily was just on Letterman talking about how no matter how LOST schedules its episodes, fans are still pissed off, and she doesn't know how to please them all.

Letterman's response? "I wouldn't worry about them."

Mike Judge taught Matt and Trey that lesson when they were making SP:BLU. :)
The South Park Scriptorium
The South Park Scriptorium on Facebook

Favorite Character: Butters
Need to look for something on the board? Use the search links below: US version
aristottlesdeathwish

Postby aristottlesdeathwish » Fri Mar 23, 2007 9:43 am

This was an ok episode. Not terific, but ok.
"When you do something right, no one knows you have done anything at all"=Futurama
mb667584

Postby mb667584 » Fri Mar 23, 2007 11:36 am

Hold on ... you do realise that this was a commentry on people bizarly saying the Earth is "alive" or "concious" as per some comments made in the media recently and by Al Gore in a speech to Congress?

It was just one of those episodes that M&T devote the whole thing to talking about some fringe issue that noone knows or cares about and isn't really worthy of talking about. It was a bit funny, but not something I'd ever watch again.

6.5/10
Tweeks_Coffee

Postby Tweeks_Coffee » Fri Mar 23, 2007 1:00 pm

Actually, I believe most of it was based on movie spoofs. The concious world thing was taken from the Final Fantasy movie. It was an episode devoted to spoofing movies. Somewhere back there, someone listed a pile of movies that were spoofed or referenced in the episode. It was about a dozen movies or so that can be related to this episode.

As for the TRU FAN thing; I\'ve been in this debate many times. I tend to be rather pessimistic about the new episodes, but I do not get on here talking about how awful it is going to be. I have my opinion of an episode and never attack people who do not share that opinion. There have been quite a few episodes lately that I have loved. On the flip side, there have been quite a few episodes that I did not care for, even a couple that I hated.
iceiwynd

Postby iceiwynd » Fri Mar 23, 2007 1:42 pm

Jayemel wrote:
iceiwynd wrote:"True fans" shouldn't be supportive, they should be honest.

Icei, I'm not addressing you directly, but the concept you touched on.

Nah, nah, I know; that was a really stupid thing to say, especially since I hate the "true fans" concept myself. XD I'm not too sure what I was thinking last night, though I think was just trying to contrast TM's statements using the terminology that he'd get. ... I dunno. D:

Personally I find the whole idea of there being "true fans" hilarious. That's always the term people use when screaming in a frothing rage at others that they aren't being appreciative of all of Matt and Trey's hard, hard work. Always. I've seen the term used in other fandoms, too, and the defition tends to be the same there.

KSWF said what annoys him about certain new episode bashers better than I could. (Man, I must've really been out of it last night.)

On the episode and the spoofs: I said it one of my earlier posts on this thread, but that's probably part of the reason I didn't find a lot of the lice parts funny, since if I do catch on to a parody I usually end up laughing at it (the second I caught on to the whole environmental issue with the lice, I started cracking up). But I really don't watch a wide variety or anything... I stick to only a few shows, rarely go to see movies, etc. So I don't like it too much when they throw in god knows how many movie references, and it always tends to dull the plot a bit for me.
albino.black.sheep

Postby albino.black.sheep » Fri Mar 23, 2007 2:14 pm

Token_Mike wrote:Rebecca. Do you think anyone out there knows or gives a f*ck about you or your viewing habbits? I thought you were a lesbo anyway. If you don't lick ass then you are obviously not a very good dyke. And by the way, merchandise sales predominantly go to Comedy Central. So again I ask you. What f*cking money do you give them. Sorry about your Dad's job though! Mabey we should rename you Kenny. "Poor people suck"

Jeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeesus. Is this plk again? Such a bigoted outlook of people.

In my opinion, the lice subplot sucked because it wasn't funny. Plain and simple. It was a clever idea in theory and it was a good similie for global warming and plots of Bay & Bruckheimer films. But it just wasn't funny. No one has to be a fanatic or a critic to know that. Some are hits, some are misses. Simple as. Either way, Matt and Trey get MILLIONS from merchandise, DVDs and money from Comedy Central for the viewing rights.

By the way...

LEAVE MY ACCOUNTABILABUDDY ALONE!!

:chaos:
Email notifications do matter, people.
Rebecca_Cutswald

Postby Rebecca_Cutswald » Fri Mar 23, 2007 2:45 pm

albino.black.sheep wrote:

LEAVE MY ACCOUNTABILABUDDY ALONE!!

:chaos:

=D *hugs/raunchy make out*
Thankyou Albino.Black.Sheep!

XD I understand how a lot of people didn't like the little lice world- it's been done before with Tiny Toons and as I recal they looked almost identical. I, on the other hand, laughed my ass off when the fly landed to carry him off to Jolie's pubes. I like the subjuct of the lives of micro-organisms and I like it when M&T use formula in such an exagerated and obvious way but just use unusual settings. It's the same concept they used for That's My Bush which was a very typical sitcom that followed all the rules- made unique simply because it took place in the White House.

The lice plot was cliche' global disaster story, but made cute by the lice people. I dunno- or maybe I'm just easily pleased. XD I liked it and Hell on Earth for the same reason.
Kyle Loves Me// Albino.black.sheep is my accountabilabuddy! *tackle hugs*
Zwerg-im-Bikini

Postby Zwerg-im-Bikini » Fri Mar 23, 2007 3:17 pm

Wow... 13 pages already. Excuse me if I don't read everything before I write my opionion, it's just too busy around here ;)

Well, I liked this week's episode, but for me "Cartman sucks" was the better one.
I have a big problem with the way the kids acted in front of Mrs Garrison. Why did they ask her to reveal their names? This did make no sense. And why did Clyde act so different from the others? Everybody had lice, but he was the only one who behaved so strange. And the third point which I didn't like was the the ending. It was just like "oh, let's put a star in here... what about Angelina Jolie, she's in the news recently?". I didn't get the point, it could have been anybody.

But enaugh complaining for today, there were a lot of nice scenes. I even liked the lice-world and Kenny had a nice part too.
To be without the planearium causes you horrible pain...
http://www.planearium.de - http://www.sp-studio.de
Hamster at Dawn

Postby Hamster at Dawn » Fri Mar 23, 2007 5:04 pm

this episode was just not really funny.
That said, the ending was great but apart from that the laugh factor was generally a bit low.
Nice to have a non controversial episode and it was funny enough, as long as next week's episode makes up for it.

Season 11 Rankings:
1.Cartman Sucks
2.Jesse Jackson
3.Lice Capades
Jayemel

Postby Jayemel » Fri Mar 23, 2007 5:33 pm

iceiwynd wrote:Nah, nah, I know; that was a really stupid thing to say, especially since I hate the "true fans" concept myself. XD I'm not too sure what I was thinking last night.

It's all good, my previous post in this thread has a misspelling of "Evangeline" and I used "sick" instead of "seek." I was clearly out of it last night too!
SterileEyes

Postby SterileEyes » Fri Mar 23, 2007 6:03 pm

Token_Mike wrote:Is anyone on this forum actually a South Park Fan? I mean really, did the "fair weather fan bus" unload on this site, or what? Do any of you watch the show strictly for entertainment purposes or do you just get your rocks off by criticizing the hardest working production team in North America. I don't know about the rest of you, but I love every SP ever made. Sure some are better than others. That is the nature of things. But anyone who says, "Man, that episode sucked" should have their SP viewing privileges revoked. I want anyone who reads this to visit this site and just see what hell these guys go through to produce SP week after week.[url]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XjO8344FVWA

I would like to see anyone of you produce anything close to the creativity found in every episode in 6 days time. These guys bust their asses with little or no sleep and you all sit back on your little pillars of judgement like you have any talent whatsoever. What a bunch of whiney ingrates. "I liked this, but didn't like that." "And they should have done this instead of that." "This season sucks" People you are being given a gift of unparalleled creative genius. If you truly are a fan then get behind your home team, or get out of the motherfucking stadium! I understand this is an episode discussion board, but come on. f*ck off with your 3/10, 1.5/10 BULLSH!T. This show has been one of the biggest highlights of my week consistantly for over 10 years now, and it should be yours too.

Matt & Trey, I just want to say thank you for all the laughs over the years. This is one South Park fan that is eternally grateful. Don't ever listen to one thing these fair weather assh0les say. True fans can sit back and enjoy the fruits of your hard work without trying to tear it down. You and your team are all ROCKSTARS, and I would love to see what these sniveling little punks say when South Park comes to an end. I bet they all sing a different tune then. They always do. Your creative talents are awe inspiring, and I appreciate every single frame of it.

[/url]

They're called "opinions" - Google it!

Also, this is a "discussion forum", not a "church".

I thought this weeks episode sucked horribly and I didn't laugh once. I thought the previous two were great. Sue me.

And yes, I'm a fan. I own Seasons 3-9 on DVD, shirts, boxers, Towelie Towels and I watch every week. If I think an episode sucked, I'll say so and say why I feel that way. If I thought an episode was great, I'd say that too and also say why.

P.S. A "true fan" would know that often times in the DVD commentaries, M & T themselves say they don't like certain episodes. Yes, Token Mike, they give their own episodes 1/10 sometimes as well. Surely they don't mind an occasional bad review from some geek on the internet. And your comments about them making 'crumbs' made me laugh. Between DVD sales, syndication, merch, contract renewals and profits from their films, they probably have $50-$100 million apiece by now bare minimum in addition to their homes/other assets. Some crumbs...

Return to “Spoilers/New Episode Discussion”