*1103: Lice Capades*

Discuss new episodes without ruining them for people in other time zones.

Moderator: Big-Will

ShaneHaughey

Postby ShaneHaughey » Thu Mar 22, 2007 2:46 am

CruciFACTION wrote:My best friend believes in the Thing. I sh*t you not, he once blood tested me. :?

Your friend must become my friend.

Anywho, anyone wanna tell me about Stan Marsh in this episode?
That's how it's down here on the farm!
Tweeks_Coffee

Postby Tweeks_Coffee » Thu Mar 22, 2007 2:47 am

Mr. Mackey MMMKay wrote:I knew he faked it as soon it happened.

When Cartman picked up Kennys blood sample, he kind of poured it on himself. Like he pushed it up and back so it got all over his shirt so it looked like the blood "blew up"

Well, I don't know if you've seen The Thing, but since the scene was directly lifted from that, I took it at pretty much face value.

EDIT: Shane; Stan was just a moderate character. He was suspicious of Kyle, just as Kyle was of him. He played his normal mediator role, but only for a second. The kids in general were only on for, at best, half the episode. Clyde dominated a lot of the scenes too, so not much attention was paid to the others. Stan was fine though, nothing bad, nothing revolutionary.
Last edited by Tweeks_Coffee on Thu Mar 22, 2007 2:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
Mr. Mackey MMMKay

Postby Mr. Mackey MMMKay » Thu Mar 22, 2007 2:49 am

"Hodickery Popycock"

:shock: :lol: Oh man, that had me rolling.

Great episode all around.
nervous_aardvark

Postby nervous_aardvark » Thu Mar 22, 2007 2:50 am

jeb134 wrote:Was the whole lice society a reference to something, I just didn't find it that funny :? I must say though, the very end was hilarious

References:

The Thing

The Day After Tomorrow

Jaws

An Inconvenient Truth

The Poseidon Adventure (or that lame remake Poseidon)

2005 Asian tsunami

VP George Bush (though decidedly more evil than the 80s)

...sure there are others I'm missing...most of those come from the attitude issues, i.e. Jaws "You can't close the beach when the Fourth of July is near" and Poseidon was clearly from "We'll send help if we find it."
cspino

Postby cspino » Thu Mar 22, 2007 2:53 am

Who was the girl getting out of the limo at the end that got the lice... My DVR messed up at the end.

Thanks.

CJ
audierules

Postby audierules » Thu Mar 22, 2007 2:54 am

nervous_aardvark wrote:
jeb134 wrote:Was the whole lice society a reference to something, I just didn't find it that funny :? I must say though, the very end was hilarious

References:

The Thing

The Day After Tomorrow

Jaws

An Inconvenient Truth

The Poseidon Adventure (or that lame remake Poseidon)

2005 Asian tsunami

VP George Bush (though decidedly more evil than the 80s)

...sure there are others I'm missing...most of those come from the attitude issues, i.e. Jaws "You can't close the beach when the Fourth of July is near" and Poseidon was clearly from "We'll send help if we find it."

I thought the VP thing was from Battlestar.
audierules

Postby audierules » Thu Mar 22, 2007 2:56 am

cspino wrote:Who was the girl getting out of the limo at the end that got the lice... My DVR messed up at the end.

Thanks.

CJ

angelina jolie
TV4Fun

Postby TV4Fun » Thu Mar 22, 2007 3:00 am

cspino wrote:Who was the girl getting out of the limo at the end that got the lice... My DVR messed up at the end.

Thanks.

CJ

Angelina Jolie. They picked her name out of a hat.
"You shall not shave around the sides of your head, nor shall you disfigure the edges of your beard" - Leviticus 19:27, NKJV
triplemultiplex

Postby triplemultiplex » Thu Mar 22, 2007 3:00 am

nervous_aardvark wrote:2005 Asian tsunami

2004. 26 Decemember 2004.

nervous_aardvark wrote:VP George Bush (though decidedly more evil than the 80s)

If anything, it was a characature of Dick Cheney.

nervous_aardvark wrote:Jaws "You can't close the beach when the Fourth of July is near"

Same kind of line in Dante's Peak. "We can't put the town on alert, the big town festival is coming up."

You read it! You can't unread it!
Ahopper

Postby Ahopper » Thu Mar 22, 2007 3:15 am

Well, at any rate this episode should satisfy those "Clyde should get his own episode" shippers. This episode was totally Clyde-centered. There's no doubt about that. Half the footage in the episode was a close-up of his scalp and the bugs that lived on it. The rest of it was him not wanting the other kids to find out he had lice. So yeah, this is exactly what the Clyde shippers wanted.
DJ Lushious

Postby DJ Lushious » Thu Mar 22, 2007 3:16 am

Bravo Trey, Matt, and the whole South Park crew. With episodes like this (Season 11 has been 3-for-3), let's pray South Park never goes off the air.

I hail this episode an instant classic. :D
Tweeks_Coffee

Postby Tweeks_Coffee » Thu Mar 22, 2007 3:18 am

I hardly think counting the lice scenes would count as Clyde scenes. Though, yes, this episode gave him about the same role that Token received in Here Comes The Neighborhood. So, now that Clyde has gotten his own episode, we can give a much more deserving character his own feature. Anyone wanna guess who I'm gonna say that is? :P
TV4Fun

Postby TV4Fun » Thu Mar 22, 2007 3:19 am

Tweeks_Coffee wrote:I hardly think counting the lice scenes would count as Clyde scenes. Though, yes, this episode gave him about the same role that Token received in Here Comes The Neighborhood. So, now that Clyde has gotten his own episode, we can give a much more deserving character his own feature. Anyone wanna guess who I'm gonna say that is? :P
Pigpen?
"You shall not shave around the sides of your head, nor shall you disfigure the edges of your beard" - Leviticus 19:27, NKJV
Kyle the Skeptic

Postby Kyle the Skeptic » Thu Mar 22, 2007 3:22 am

crazyQH wrote:Oh man, that was really great. Let's see...

The story line with the lice..that was amazing. Once they all started dying I kept telling myself no matter what I wouldn't feel bad for them, but in the end I think I did.

I'm glad we got to see a bit of all the boys, even Kenny! The first half didn't have much of them other than Cartman and Clyde, but the second half picked up and we did end up seeing quite a bit of Kyle. That made me happy.

And Kenny! He actually, like, did something! I loved it when Cartman said, "And Kenny's saying nothing, just like he would do." XD But, we did get to see him dehooded, and in the end you could here him yelling! AHHH!! That's so great, I'm SO happy over that.

Ya know, at first I was thinking, "Oh god, I don't know if I'm gonna like this B plot line with the lice," but almost immediately I was cracking up at it and I'm really glad they included that. Definitely puts a new spin on the typical lice storyline.

Cartman's an assh*le, as always. But, despite the fact he did pick on Kyle quite a bit, I'm SO glad he accused Kenny. Seriously, the fact they brought back Kenny as an actual character was so cool.

And the end..I guess I'm just a sucker for Kyle parts, I don't know, but I'm glad he confessed before anyone else did. That's what I love about Kyle. ^_^

Heh, I still can't stop laughing over those lice scenes. I'm so happy with the way this turned out, and although I had some concern in the beginning Stan and Kyle weren't going to have too great of parts, I'm so happy they were awesome in the second half.

I'll think of more to say later, I'm just giddy over this right now. :)

What she said.

The only things I can think of to add are that there were a couple of things that actually surprised me about this episode. First, did it seem like they were actually sympathizing with environmentalists this time around? After all, the lice who tried to warn everyone of the impending disaster turned out to be right, and then there was the Vice President Cheney caricature (which was also how the character looked in "The Day After Tomorrow"). Secondly, Garrison was unusually competent in this episode. "Lice spreads fast, dumbasses!"

The sock bath scene. Yeah, that was cute. :D
Tweeks_Coffee

Postby Tweeks_Coffee » Thu Mar 22, 2007 3:31 am

That was one thing that caught me a little off-guard. Mrs. Garrison was surprisingly sympathetic when it came to privacy. I figured she would've been the first one to be yelling it from the rooftops if one of the kids had lice.

Return to “Spoilers/New Episode Discussion”