*1104: The Snuke*

Discuss new episodes without ruining them for people in other time zones.

Moderator: Big-Will

adritch

Postby adritch » Thu Mar 29, 2007 4:45 am

That was awesome :lol: They totally nailed 24. 9/10
99.7% of "Greenhouse" gases are natural!
The countries that smoke the most Greece/Japan live the longest!
bulrog2004

Postby bulrog2004 » Thu Mar 29, 2007 4:57 am

At least 24!
Did they mention jdate.com as a possible reference with terrorists? Was cartman idea?
Now everybody has the cisco ctu ringtone.
Nice touch DHS taking over kyle's room, anda then the FBI, ATF and so.
Am I the only one who connected the pig with james cromwell as jack bauer's father in day 6?

triplemultiplex wrote:Wait a minute. What happened with the snuke? Oh, bitch!
They didn't wrap up the B story.
I need closure, dammit!

..like 24! That's a GOOD parody: with the same kind of plot holes :P

Tweeks_Coffee wrote:I didn't particularly like how Kyle got his sick self out of bed to help Cartman. It's better than it could've been, at first I was afraid that they were just going to completely dismiss Kyle in the episode.

Who else could fill the "chloe" character? Butters? Stan? Kyle was fine and unexpected for me.

Tweeks_Coffee wrote:I didn't really get the relevance of Kyle getting more info off of all those websites. Was that a reference to the fact that all of these terrorist groups tend to be pretty web-oriented these days? Or was it a joke about how much more web-savvy kids are than even the most technologically inclined adults?

Maybe. Or maybe it's a reference of 24 technobabble, like the infamous "phoenix shield" from day 5.

crazyQH wrote:Now, since I don't watch 24, could anyone tell me what role Kyle played? Cartman was Jack Bauer, but was Kyle anyone in particular?

Chloe O'brian from day 3 to day 6.

triplemultiplex wrote:Those of us who play the 24 drinking game; every time Cloe scowls (which is every shot of her) you drink.

and what about the "damn it" and "we're running out of time"? :D

Kyle the Skeptic wrote:I thought the ending was kind of weak, since they didn't exactly wrap everything up. Since I don't watch "24" I'm assuming that the power outage was a parody of how the plot miraculously resolves itself at the very end against impossible odds. The British invasion plot-- I dunno. I can see how the gag was derived, but what was the point? Again, I'm guessing that it was written that way on purpose for the sake of the parody.

Maybe. There's plenty of plot holes in 24 and "deux ex machina" devices, but i guess it was more about the omnipresent clock. no clock, no continuity.
Stanley_Marsh109

Postby Stanley_Marsh109 » Thu Mar 29, 2007 5:43 am

This episode was a definite improvement over last week's failure. Dead on parody of 24, lots of good quotes, and who could ever forget the apple juice farting! :lol:

The whole British subplot was kinda wierd, but that's okay. Overall a very solid episode. I was pleased!
I'm only happy when I'm in my misery...

Thanks to Mr. Hat_DX27 for the sig!
BRMBug

Postby BRMBug » Thu Mar 29, 2007 6:05 am

Ok, right off the bat, while it's still somewhat fresh in my memory...

It was ok. I didn't find it ultra super great, or mind numbingly stupid, but it was just ok. I've never been a fan of 24. I've always thought it was a little over-dramatic, and I like how they played that up. It's kind of a shame they had to bring Hillarily's front-bottom into it. Couldn't it have been up her ass, thereby contributing to it's monstrous size?... but then it'd have been an 'anuke'. Well, I guess 'snuke' has more punch to it, like "Smeat".

Show crap:
Uhm... Ok, Cartman's over-reaction when the kid sat down was annoying. "The following takes place during recess, and Geography class." :) ...Hil-dog? Ok, by the Ambulance scene, I was getting tired of all the phones having the same ringer. Oh, I could so out-fart Cartman. My ass has clogged up many an American Standard.
So, was the redhead supposed to be Mary Lynn Rajskub, or just a random person? Ok, when Hillary's cooter devoured Brian... kinda funny. Oh, oh, oh, they bring the British into it, and there's no Pip? God dammit, there's too much internet sh*t going on in this episode. Poor Butters, he lost his new friend. :(

Oh, on a side note, I was surfing around after the 11:00 show, and C-Span was running some address that Hillary did. :lol:
ushankasrockmysocks

Postby ushankasrockmysocks » Thu Mar 29, 2007 7:32 am

I really enjoyed that!!
Still not in what I would call "classic South Park style" - by which I mean there's something about the tone of this show (this whole season, really) that's a little cold, off. That said, I laughed out loud a lot during this episode, something I definitely could not say about last week's episode. I think this is the funniest ep so far this season.

I've never actually seen 24; however, I visit Dave Barry's blog daily and he's obsessed with the show, so I know the basics, which helped out tonight - I knew that Kyle was a spoof of Chloe, for example. And I knew that Jack/Cartman is known for torturing suspected terrorists.

I was relieved that they did not completely attack Clinton. Sure, her role in the ep was humiliating, but they didn't make it about politics, which I thought was the right way to go. I'm not sure what to make of the real Clinton, but...I didn't want them to just rip her apart in the show. I was happy they didn't. I think they revisted "A Million Little Fibers" territory in dealing so much with Clinton's "snatch," but I enjoyed the whole thing far more in this episode than in that one.

I wish I knew what that creature in her "snatch" was!! They never said! Another unanswered question this season. As I've mentioned in other posts, I think they have a bit of a problem this season with not tying up loose ends (ie. the n*gger-guy ban never got repealed, and we all know M & T wouldn't have agreed with it).

All in all, another smart and funny South Park episode, the funniest of the season so far. This coming from someone who's never seen 24. I'm not sure I'd call it a classic, but it entertained me very well and made me laugh a lot. That's especially meaningul in a season which I think so far has been a little deficient on laughs, for all the intelligence of the episodes.

The end of the ep was really cool. Poor Kyle, being beaten in the end (no matter that he wouldn't, maybe couldn't, admit it) despite the fact that he really did essentially save the day. I'm surprised Cartman didn't gloat more - for all his arguing, there wasn't much (if any) visible hatred coming through in his speech at the end (or in the whole ep, actually). He was so right, though. Rarely is Cartman ever so right, and I enjoyed that. He's also surprisingly self-aware, referring to himself as both bigoted and intolerate.

Too bad that Muslim kid didn't stay. Like Bradley, he was an interesting new kid who only got to stick around for one episode... dang it.
Joe Bobs

Postby Joe Bobs » Thu Mar 29, 2007 9:18 am

What a brilliant episode! My favourite part was the Queen shooting herself in the face. When the British press catch on to that, they will go crazy, especially the tabloids. Also, I loved Cartman's twisted moral at the end, which reminded me of Here Comes the Neighbouhood, and Mr. Garrison's "well at least I got rid of all the ni-"

When the media supported South Park after 1101, some of my friends were worried that South Park could be ruined by the fact it wouldn't be controversial. I predicted that they'd simply find a way to offend everyone, and they have! No newspaper or news show is going to support a Hilary Clinton/Queen/Muslim/etc bashing episode.

I do wish the Muslim kid got to stay though. I think they could get a lot more out of his character.

Why did Cartman inject apple juice though? haha.
Favourite South Parks:
1) Christian Rock Hard
2) The Tooth Fairy Tats 2000
3) I'm a Little Bit Country

Proudly boasts to be a South Park Geek. :)
GoobleGobble

Postby GoobleGobble » Thu Mar 29, 2007 9:21 am

Another great episode. The first time the clock appeared cracked me up and I knew it was going to be a great episode. Thumbs up!
One of us!
One of us!
SoberVikingofLA

Postby SoberVikingofLA » Thu Mar 29, 2007 10:24 am

The X-Ray could not have been of the Bomb in the Hildabeast, that Bomb was in a smaller woman in the beast.

Like when I stuffed a chicken in the turkey at Thanksgiving, Then told my wife she cooked a pregnant turkey
Raping & Pillaging the "Useful Idiots" since 1952,
and arch-enemy of Brunhillary Von CankleBeast.
Sometimes a Farting, Tap-Dancing Martian, is just a Farting, Tap-Dancing Martian....So Kill It, Before You Putt.
strumpfhose

Postby strumpfhose » Thu Mar 29, 2007 11:18 am

That episode was quite poor. I didn't laugh ONCE and I only smiled in few occasions.

* I have never watched 24 so I probably didn't get the parody perfectly, but it was quite obvious what stuff must come right from that show. And anyway, it shouldn't be about whether you get the references or not. It should be about if you can find it funny anyways. Like The Best Friends forever was, although I'd never even heard of Terry Schiavo, or whatever....

* Can someone tell me what was that Hil-dog about? Did they just come up with that or is it a real nickname of her or what? And what does it even mean?

* Since when has Cartman known about history?!

* I liked Butters in this episode. He's so naiive and cute <3 I loved those cheering voices he made on the school yard. He's about the only kid who has stayed naiive, out of all of them :? Dum.

I'd give this 6,5 on the first view :? Worst one of the season so far. I think the first three episodes were great.
Last edited by strumpfhose on Thu Mar 29, 2007 11:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
BRMBug

Postby BRMBug » Thu Mar 29, 2007 11:19 am

SoberVikingofLA wrote:Like when I stuffed a chicken in the turkey at Thanksgiving, Then told my wife she cooked a pregnant turkey

That's always a fun one!

But yeah, that couldn't have been her x-ray! The ass wasn't huge enough!
tjrd

Postby tjrd » Thu Mar 29, 2007 11:40 am

Tweeks_Coffee wrote:Seriously, when was the last time that Cartman got his just desserts?

Seriously? Two episodes ago, Cartman Sucks.

Anyway, this was a decent episode, though too much on the cheesy side. Hillary Clinton as a sex-deprived wigger redneck with a huge ass? That is indeed borderline AMLF.

I must admit that I have never seen 24 so I may have missed out on a lot of hilarious references. I still enjoyed it though.
Let's fighting love!
daimonionen

Postby daimonionen » Thu Mar 29, 2007 12:13 pm

"If i wasn't serious, would i be talkin' like this?"

One of the best SP lines ever! Laughed my ass off! Great parody on Jack Bauer.
Olivia42

Postby Olivia42 » Thu Mar 29, 2007 12:14 pm

strumpfhose wrote:* Can someone tell me what was that Hil-dog about? Did they just come up with that or is it a real nickname of her or what? And what does it even mean?

On one hand, Cartman calls her Hildog in the beginning, and we believe it to be a derogatory name. Then we find out that it's a beloved nickname. Furthermore, it's a nod to the fact that while we call her by her first name, while calling every other candidate by his last name. It's a fake familiarity that was taken one step further with a frat-like nickname.

I don't know if that was what was intended by the writers, but it worked for me that way.
albino.black.sheep

Postby albino.black.sheep » Thu Mar 29, 2007 12:25 pm

triplemultiplex wrote:I'm sure our UK fans will be thrilled with seeing the queen blow her brains out.

f*ck the queen.

I laughed my arse off when the queen slumped off her throne and her brains fell all over the carpet!! Most Brits are anti-royalist anyway. *mutters* Bunch of unelected sponges...

I really loved this episode! I loved the way everyone was looking up everyone using friend community websites, which you can pretty much do. There had to be reference to all the zeitgeist websites eventually! And I loved the first season of 24, this is a fantastic homage to the show. This is definitely the best episode of season 11 so far.

Got a problem though: this would've been the perfect episode to give Pip a speaking part, even if it was only to kill him off for being a terrorist. WE WANT PIP!!

Officially keeping an eye on our news for comments on the episode. Will let you know if I see anything, but I doubt there will be.
Email notifications do matter, people.
FoxDougan

Postby FoxDougan » Thu Mar 29, 2007 12:39 pm

I'm not anti-royalist but I do think it was really funny when the Queen shot herself in the head. I didn't see that one coming!

I think they could have made more of the British part of it though... we were the masterminds behind the whole plan and were barely in it! I thought Pip should have been in there somehow.

Really funny episode though, lots of pop culture references!

Return to “Spoilers/New Episode Discussion”