*1104: The Snuke*

Discuss new episodes without ruining them for people in other time zones.

Moderator: Big-Will

LBius

Postby LBius » Thu Mar 29, 2007 12:59 pm

To those who haven't watched 24 at all (or very little), of course you're not going to find it as funny as those who have (and there are millions as far as I know. Don't think I'm trying to disrespect anyone... I'm just saying there are a lot of 24 viewers/fans; you're welcome to watch whatever show you like).

About the show: Fantastic references. Phone was overdone but still okay (in the actual show, only phones going to CTU's landlines have that ringtone but meh.
Hildog was fantastic -- the accents went through me but that's because Australians don't really care too much about U.S. politic(ian)s.

I think this episode will be banned in Australia (third one now, isn't it?) because of the Queen's suicide. To be honest, most of us hate the Queen but for some damn reason we still decide to keep her. Go figure.

References: 10/10
Entertainment: 10/10 (these two go hand-in-hand, really)
(Other) Humour: 8/10 (great work on the miscellaneous websites)
Overall: 8.5/10
Tweeks_Coffee

Postby Tweeks_Coffee » Thu Mar 29, 2007 12:59 pm

I have never watched 24 so I probably didn\'t get the parody perfectly, but it was quite obvious what stuff must come right from that show. And anyway, it shouldn\'t be about whether you get the references or not. It should be about if you can find it funny anyways.

Yeah, I feel the same way about that. It should be funnier to you if you got the parody. You should still be able to laugh at it pretty well though, even if you have never seen an episode before.
albino.black.sheep

Postby albino.black.sheep » Thu Mar 29, 2007 1:02 pm

The 24 parody was so well done, I mean, even all the way down to the shaky camera effect.

I really, really loved it!!
Email notifications do matter, people.
kylelover52610

Postby kylelover52610 » Thu Mar 29, 2007 1:05 pm

10/10

I loved it. It was awesomeness is the form of about 25 minutes.
I am SO tempted to draw a sick little Kyle laying in bed.
=3
blues rocker

no that good at all

Postby blues rocker » Thu Mar 29, 2007 2:21 pm

this episode was NOT that funny.

it seems like they are getting lazy to me.

they think they can get away with throwing in a bunch of pop culture references and current events and no one will notice that it isn't actually funny.

the 24 spoof was a good idea, but they could've done soooooooo much more with it...it could've been great...instead it was just dull.

they could've done MUCH more with the cartman torturing scene...the interrogating in 24 is so over the top...they could've done more with it than just having cartman fart in their faces...it should've been drawn out more...they could've come up with all kinds of funny things for him to do to them in the interrogation room...

overall it seemed like a rushed, half-assed episode...though not nearly as bad as the lice episode.

they really need to stop throwing these episodes together at the last minute...it's starting to really show in the final product.
albino.black.sheep

Re: no that good at all

Postby albino.black.sheep » Thu Mar 29, 2007 2:52 pm

blues rocker wrote:this episode was NOT that funny.

it seems like they are getting lazy to me.

they think they can get away with throwing in a bunch of pop culture references and current events and no one will notice that it isn't actually funny.

the 24 spoof was a good idea, but they could've done soooooooo much more with it...it could've been great...instead it was just dull.

they could've done MUCH more with the cartman torturing scene...the interrogating in 24 is so over the top...they could've done more with it than just having cartman fart in their faces...it should've been drawn out more...they could've come up with all kinds of funny things for him to do to them in the interrogation room...

overall it seemed like a rushed, half-assed episode...though not nearly as bad as the lice episode.

they really need to stop throwing these episodes together at the last minute...it's starting to really show in the final product.

Dude, so far you have just sh*t on all four episodes of this season. Admittedly, Lice Capades wasn't as good as it could've been, but no one likes a Negative Nancy.
blues rocker

Postby blues rocker » Thu Mar 29, 2007 2:59 pm

albino.black.sheep wrote:
Dude, so far you have just sh*t on all four episodes of this season. Admittedly, Lice Capades wasn't as good as it could've been, but no one likes a Negative Nancy.

no...i liked the "cartman sucks" episode...that one was great...the other 3 sucked...

what do you want me to do? lie and say they were great? i'm not going to swing from the creators' sacks and praise anything they put out no matter how good it is...if something isn't good, i'm going to say it.
Sonnyvice

Postby Sonnyvice » Thu Mar 29, 2007 3:00 pm

Quite nice episode. Last week's episode was quite crappy, so I'm glad that this is good. Though it could have been much much better... some scenes were very unfunny and boring (example Cartman's farting and Hillary's vagina scenes) and the whole South Park feeling was (still) missing, but this time Matt&Trey actually gave us something to laugh.
There were many small jokes there and there. And they showed Barbary (though his voice was still pretty wrong) and Mayor, that's also extra. But Kenny was forgotten again...

My ratings for this season:
1x01 With Apologies to Jesse Jackson **½ / *****
1x02 Cartman Sucks **** / *****
1x03 Lice Capades ** / *****
1x04 The Snuke ***½ /*****

So far, this season looks pretty... weird. Good and bad episodes, but still not any awesome eps... and they still have to improve A LOT from this.
albino.black.sheep

Postby albino.black.sheep » Thu Mar 29, 2007 3:06 pm

[quote="blues rocker":6e273][quote="albino.black.sheep":6e273]

Dude, so far you have just sh*t on all four episodes of this season. Admittedly, Lice Capades wasn't as good as it could've been, but no one likes a Negative Nancy.[/quote:6e273]

no...i liked the "cartman sucks" episode...that one was great...the other 3 sucked...

what do you want me to do? lie and say they were great?[/quote:6e273]

Not at all, but it just seems strange that a fan would sign up today, specifically just to crap on the recent series.

Welcome to the board...
blues rocker

Postby blues rocker » Thu Mar 29, 2007 3:23 pm

albino.black.sheep wrote:
Not at all, but it just seems strange that a fan would sign up today, specifically just to crap on the recent series.

Welcome to the board...

i've been a huge south park fan for years...just never really got around to the whole "online forum" thing...
EPAF

Postby EPAF » Thu Mar 29, 2007 3:47 pm

Warning: My message probably contains spoilers in it for anyone who hasn't seen the episode yet. :wink:

Anyway:
WOW, this series just gets better and better and better.
I said before that I would love it if they included features from 24 into the episode such as the multi-shot black screen & the echoed ticking clock, so the inclusion of these made the epsiode really really MINT! :D
It turned out to be millions of miles away from the prediction I made prior to watching it about what the storyline was going to be, so that's a good thing too.

And might I say.....WHAT a red-herring ending as well. :lol:
In the past, I've always wondered how Matt & Trey would take the mick out of the British, so upon watching this, I couldn't stop laughing because I think the stereotyping of the Brits was brilliantly portrayed and SPOT-ON. Best yet, I'm not pissed off at them for doing it - hell, I love it. :D
Oh and Matt & Trey turned my day on its head (from ULTRA Negative to ULTRA Positive) by doing that AND making fun of the Queen. I guess they couldn't help but include another SP-typical 'Person commits suicide and kills him/herself with a gun'......BUT THE QUEEN?! :lol:

I was a bit 'I don't know' about the idea of Cartman being the focused character in this, but Kyle's inclusion in it and the way he was kinda like the information guy made up for it. All the 'confusing and quick' references to websites like Myspace, eBay, PayPal, YouTube & Podcasts made me laugh as well.

"Not anymore you're not!"
"OH SNAP!"
Looks like Matt & Trey picked up on the use of that 'popular' phrase. :lol: :roll:

Overall Rating: 9.8/10 - which is as near a perfect score as you can get. Brillinat episode, brilliant idea, brilliant comedy and ONE ULTRA BRILLIANT ending. If this trend keeps going, by the time 1107 is shown, I'll probably be dead from laughter. :roll:
crazyQH wrote:Ok EPAF, I'm officially granting you the title of having the best dream ever.
UnkieHerb

Postby UnkieHerb » Thu Mar 29, 2007 4:20 pm

....Well, that wasn't quite the disaster I was expecting. Still not as good as Cartman Sucks or Lice Capades, though.

I liked Cartman's jumping through Butters' window, the British 'invasion', the Queen's suicide was funny, the "Not anymore you're not!" was great, and I liked the twisted moral.

But, and I'm not going to complain about Kenny because there was absolutely no point in him being in this, the Hilary Clinton plot was a rip-off of an already bad idea (AMLF), Stan seemed sorta dropped in there for no reason, and I really didn't get the 24 references, so the Cartman plot was less funny than I thought it'd be.
eatmydeaduterus

Postby eatmydeaduterus » Thu Mar 29, 2007 4:47 pm

Olivia42 wrote: I don't want to get all "college feminist" on you guys, but we were just today discussing in my Shakespeare class that when women are insulted for general purposes, historically they were and still are bashed almost exclusively for their sexuality.

But that's men for you I guess, always thinking with their dicks. ..

(heheh)

ok episode. Liked the Queen as a Mrs Pepperpot character from Monty Python.
Last edited by eatmydeaduterus on Thu Mar 29, 2007 5:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Aym_Dand

Postby Aym_Dand » Thu Mar 29, 2007 5:12 pm

As soon as that one terrorist referred to "america's oldest enemy" I was thinking to myself "The British?!" and then the British armada appears on screen. Great joke.

Very good parody of 24.

Great philosophical paradox set up by having Kyle be sick from school that day, thereby giving Cartman and his racism the last word. Very well executed.

"I don't want to die before I get paid!" was a great joke.

So was "The following takes place between recess and geography class."

Was a big fan of the Hildogs (the people in dog masks) at the fund raiser.

And by the way, I was totally right about this episode not containing that much about Hillary. (haha, I'm a dumbass.)

Good work, Team South Park.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=nSD-Tk0Z3zI

http://www.gonefiction.com
SterileEyes

Postby SterileEyes » Thu Mar 29, 2007 5:54 pm

I'll give this one a 7/10 - one point lost just because I don't know much about 24, which is my fault. From what I could tell it seemed like a pretty well-done parody though.

I liked everything with Hillary and I loved the ending. In my opinion its a good thing they didn't get all preachy ripping on Hillary (I expected them to totally trash her). I was PRAYING at about 10:28 that they weren't going to make this a two-parter and thankfully they wrapped it up with a pretty solid ending (intolerance and bigotry saved the day - awesome!)

So far this season, for me:

Jesse Jackson: 8/10
Cartman Sucks: 9/10
Lice Capades: 0/10 (0 since I didn't laugh even once)
The Snuke: 7/10

Return to “Spoilers/New Episode Discussion”