*1105: Fantastic Easter Special*

Discuss new episodes without ruining them for people in other time zones.

Moderator: Big-Will

sublime90

Postby sublime90 » Thu Apr 05, 2007 4:29 am

it started off kind of slow but quickly became hilarious. when jesus comes back the gospel music starts lol
kyle stabs jesus- beyond funny
jesus doing blade moves then putting the shades on- classic
oh no peeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeps
i didnt find it funny when stans dad was singing, its only really funny when cartman or butters sings
Jay C

Postby Jay C » Thu Apr 05, 2007 5:01 am

... Jesus Christ! :B

But really, though. I had to watch it a couple times to fully understand everything, and after the second viewing, LOVED it. It really was a fantastic episode.

Oh, and the 'Double Cross' part - Classic. XD I totally just die at puns and wordplay, and this got me. I really enjoyed the whole episode. Awesome job, guys.
Read my horrible webcomic you fat assh*le!
xum700

Postby xum700 » Thu Apr 05, 2007 5:10 am

the best episode of the season so far.

what a great script. all hail matt and trey.
Do you have a problem with me ??
Report the complaint by calling 18**-KISS-My-S
uberpoonage86

Postby uberpoonage86 » Thu Apr 05, 2007 5:18 am

brilliant episode...

Very good Davinci code rip off!
SouthofHeaven

Postby SouthofHeaven » Thu Apr 05, 2007 5:19 am

Another amazing episode for season 11. Love it! :D
Who's a jigga wha?
Stanley_Marsh109

Postby Stanley_Marsh109 » Thu Apr 05, 2007 5:45 am

Best episode I've seen since season 9. This had all the hallmarks of classic SP. It also got by far the most laughs out of me out of anything from this season. The Latinized Easter Bunny Song, the reappearance of Jesus (hooray!), PEEPS!, Last Samurai reference, and the awesome Da Vinci code spoof all came together really well.

10/10 for this episode, something I rarely give! More episodes like this Matt and Trey!
I'm only happy when I'm in my misery...

Thanks to Mr. Hat_DX27 for the sig!
farswept

Postby farswept » Thu Apr 05, 2007 6:05 am

Yes, nice, excellent, strong return from the last coupl'a weaker eps.
My only regret is that I glanced down for a toke & missed the exact moment Jesus donned his shades! :lol:
Hippitus hoppitus Deus dominae! 8)
Super plot & script! :D
Damn, dude, China is f^cked-up!
I love you guys . . . (aw, screw you guys.)
BRMBug

Postby BRMBug » Thu Apr 05, 2007 6:28 am

Yaaaayyyy!!!! JESUS, JESUS, JESUS, JESUS!!! WHOO-HOO-HOO!!!!!!
First off, what the hell was Randy singing? I loved the Code spoof aspect... even though I haven't seen the movie, and have only read half the book. Jay's right, the puns were pretty good, and yet they were just so bad at the same time. (^_^ aww, look at the bunny.)
Also, I'll be honest, I didn't know who Bill Donohue was until icei mentioned it.
Jesus using the file on the lock of the cell cracked me up. Also, poor Kyle, having to kill Jesus and all.
Also-also, Bunny = cute; Bunny + pope's hat = even cuter; weird how that happens huh?
Oh, and I laughed my ass off at the Peeps bomb.

(By the way, Randy needs to get in the gym, or do some pillates or something. I'm so tired of seeing his E.T. body every time he goes shirt-off.)
strumpfhose

Postby strumpfhose » Thu Apr 05, 2007 8:08 am

WEEEEAK! Still no torrents in Mr Twig's net nor in South Park X???? OMG! Usually they have been there hours ago :cartmancry: Don't tell me they won't appear until after the Easter holidays or something.... :cartmanscared: :cartmanscared: :cartmanscared: :cartmanscared:

I'm SO excited to see this one.....
iceiwynd

Postby iceiwynd » Thu Apr 05, 2007 8:51 am

Funny... 'cause this is the episode I've gotten the fastest throughout this run so far.

Let this be a lesson: Don't ONLY check those sites. Hell, I've never even gone to SPX the night of new episode airings because they don't post a torrent until the morning.

Looking through the Twig forums and checking out Mininova would be your best bets (Mininova has it pretty much always within twenty minutes of initial airings, usually less). LinuxMafia is the best site to go to for an AVI copy, especially since once it's up (usually takes around two hours to get up? I dunno, haven't been keeping much track there, sometimes it's pretty crappy), it downloads within minutes.

Anyway, seen it three times now, still love the episode so much.

And BRMBug - yeah, Donohue was also the guy who yelled at Matt and Trey back when Cartoon Wars Pt II aired. He said that they were the hypocrites, not Comedy Central, for the whole Jesus/Muhammed thing, and called them whores. So they finally got back at him. :B Very satisfying to see, especially since the Catholic League sucks so much.
loves_to_spooge

Postby loves_to_spooge » Thu Apr 05, 2007 10:14 am

strumpfhose wrote:WEEEEAK! Still no torrents in Mr Twig's net nor in South Park X???? OMG! Usually they have been there hours ago :cartmancry: Don't tell me they won't appear until after the Easter holidays or something.... :cartmanscared: :cartmanscared: :cartmanscared: :cartmanscared:

I'm SO excited to see this one.....

Dude try allabout-sp.net

k first offf
wow jesus rocks i love how he kills people and then all the puns were great.wtf is with randy hes such an idiot,yay to less cartman.hes getting a tad old.but only a little
i wanna see more jesus killing people they should have a jesus episode.hilarious when they were chasing him

"can you take the ears off please" XD

Fantastic f*cking Easter Special,

awesome
gooneh

Postby gooneh » Thu Apr 05, 2007 12:26 pm

That was great, the more i watch it the more i like it :D

It was pretty funny, but i noticed moreso that it had the creativity, writing and wit that i love to see in a show, with all many references and different levels of humour going on there. Plus this was the first episode this season that was totally solid imho. The only thing i didn't really like was jumping into the plot so early on, but that's fair enough given they only have 22 minutes to work with...they totally nailed the message too. :P

On another note, you reckon this whole 'kyle killing jesus' thing will become a story arc for the rest of the season? Cartman eventually finding out, kyle/jesus letting it slip etc...that'd be pretty interesting.
pitchblank

Postby pitchblank » Thu Apr 05, 2007 12:41 pm

Maybe I wasn't in the mood, but I found this episode mediocre. I was hoping that if they ever spoofed the Da Vinci Code, they'd make a point of what an overrated, stinking pile of feces that book is... Dan Brown is a pathetic amateur.

The Jesus comeback was cool and there was lots of cheeky wordplay and puns which is amusing in a har-de-har kind of way, but I don't get what was so "classic SP" about this one. Classic SP was LOL funny, this was polite-smile funny. On my list of hilarious Randy Marsh moments, nothing in here makes the top 25...
Olivia42

Postby Olivia42 » Thu Apr 05, 2007 1:04 pm

Yay, Jesus! I knew he'd come back one of these days.

Some contextual information: I sat down with a beer to watch this at ten. My boyfriend called during the second commercial break. I felt obligated to turn off the TV to talk to him, and didn't hang up until around ten forty-five. The last thing I saw in the episode was Stan's unanswered prayer. I had a feeling that this may be the long-awaited episode of Jesus' resurrection, but after Stan was ignored, I decided it was yet another "build up, let down" device used commonly in the show. I believed this for two hours. When I finished the episode at twelve, I actually cheered out loud when Jesus showed up. Hallelujah.

Needless to say, that was the highlight of the episode for me. I also enjoyed, as someone previously mentioned, the liberal use of puns, which is be both the worst and best form of humor.

Furthermore, I really liked the blank faces of the bunny costumes in dramatic situations. No need to explain why.
Last edited by Olivia42 on Thu Apr 05, 2007 1:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
BigBroflovskiFan

Postby BigBroflovskiFan » Thu Apr 05, 2007 1:07 pm

Haha, I really liked this episode. Except for some reason I feel like it started off strong and kinda died at the end, but it was still awesome :D

I loved the Jesus comeback! He was always one of my favorite characters, I just love him, so I was pretty happy about that. :D

I loooved Stan and Kyle this episode, I miss seeing them together in the episodes.

Return to “Spoilers/New Episode Discussion”