*1106: D-Yikes!*

Discuss new episodes without ruining them for people in other time zones.

Moderator: Big-Will

M00ndragon69

Postby M00ndragon69 » Thu Apr 12, 2007 8:22 am

It was kind of funny..Better than alot of newer episodes..Made me want even less to see 300.My roommates hated 300, and they thought the way it was being trashed was hilarious..According to them, there is alot lame overly dramatic slow motion stuff in 300, and they were glad it was mocked.
abcbcdcdef

Postby abcbcdcdef » Thu Apr 12, 2007 10:11 am

I wonder did M&T hired mexicans to write the script of this week's SP for them, it's no big suprise for garrison to become lesbian and the ending is easy to guess.
But I must say I love Butters:'You must be careful with scissors."XD
gingerkids

Postby gingerkids » Thu Apr 12, 2007 10:13 am

I thought it was pretty funny. I also would liked to have seen more of the boys, as the parts with them in were pretty funny. But I thought the Garrison storyline was pretty funny. Especially the 'scissoring'. Also, why have they changed the design of the Town Hall? Seemed fine the way it was.
SPF4L#1

Postby SPF4L#1 » Thu Apr 12, 2007 10:45 am

Probably about the weakest this season. Still good though. After the first ten minutes, I thought this was going to be a fantastic episode, but then they kinda overdid the 300 parody for me. They could have continued the storyline with the boys at the same time. Still, though, I enjoyed it.
If you can be bothered...please check out this poll:
http://misterpoll.com/4270026923.html
UnkieHerb

Postby UnkieHerb » Thu Apr 12, 2007 11:42 am

Schmeh, a bit of a let down after last week's, er, fantastic Easter special, but still decent. The bits with the boys were good, and the Persian leader guy cracked me up as well as the Mexicans, but, as others have said, the episode relied too heavily on the 300 parody.

And , lesbian or not, I really didn't need another two Garrison sex scenes.
buttersbutters

Postby buttersbutters » Thu Apr 12, 2007 12:24 pm

Great episode. I think the Mexicans were great, and yes the episode relied on the 300 parody but thats like saying lice capades relied too heavily on lice. Maybe more of the kids would have been nice, but it was still a funny episode.
blues rocker

good one...not great, but good

Postby blues rocker » Thu Apr 12, 2007 12:36 pm

pretty good episode....even though it included yet another movie/tv spoof...

it was good, but they really need to stop relying so much on spoofing movies and tv shows...

so far they've done spoofs on 24, davinci code, 300, and the thing (from the lice capades episode)

i mean...they're relying so heavily on spoofs that they've started spoofing movies that aren't even that popular - like 300. seems like they just couldn't think of how to write the whole episode so they just threw in another spoof to fill in the rest.

fortunately, this episode had enough good stuff to make it funny despite its reliance on the 300 spoof - the mexicans were great, and mr./mrs. garrison is always entertaining.

still one of the better episodes of this season...i rate it a 7.5/10
Last edited by blues rocker on Thu Apr 12, 2007 1:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
kylelover52610

Postby kylelover52610 » Thu Apr 12, 2007 1:06 pm

Dude, this episode was totally tits. I mean, I fuggin' loved it!
Trey and Matt just seem to be getting better and better (if that was even possible =\ )!
I mean I hate Angelina Jolie, so they gave her crabs in one episode.
I also HATED "300" and they made fun of that too. XD
Everything was awesome. Even the somewhat awkward sex scenes.
Har har, good times... :lol:
iceiwynd

Postby iceiwynd » Thu Apr 12, 2007 1:12 pm

I wouldn't mind the parodies too much if it wasn't too obvious what they were parodying and if it was much, much more subtle. Especially because I can catch on to the parodies without having even seen what they're parodying, and I have to base it all on the bits I've heard about/seen (the slow-motion death of Donohue last week was a good one that clued me in on this parody). 'cause then there are parts where I'm not sure if I should laugh or not because I haven't seen what they're parodying. I don't go to movies, I watch very few TV-shows, and I haven't even read anything in a while, so I don't really get to experience it.

It's fine if they're gonna flat-out do something every now and then (like with 24 - they said they loved the show now, and they did a parody that was funny, regardless), or if they're going to parody a multitude of movies in just a few scenes (like in Lice Capades), but really, I'd appreciate them being a tad more subtle with it. It's funnier that way if you do catch on to it and even if you don't, it's still pretty good. I kinda tend to prefer slightly more intelligent humour than the flat-out stuff anybody can pick up on without even paying attention.

I agree with some of you that their parodies should be fewer and further between, though I don't seem to be bothered by it as much as some of you.
Olivia42

Postby Olivia42 » Thu Apr 12, 2007 1:14 pm

I can't believe you guys don't think 300 is an immensely popular movie. Everyone I know has seen it, some more than once. I guess it must be the age difference, or the culture of a college campus.

Anyway, I must say I didn't see the 300 spoof coming at all, even when they mentioned "The Persians." It didn't come together until Garrison's "This is Les Bos!" kick. I liked it. I've seen countless parodies of it already, but since it was unexpected it worked.

I had fun picking out different types of lesbian stereotypes in the crowd. "Butch," "Intellectual," "Pseudo-Pagan" among others.

I also liked that the Mexicans were better teachers than Garrison. That was a good end note, reverting back to the classic "Garrison can't teach" joke.
strumpfhose

Postby strumpfhose » Thu Apr 12, 2007 1:44 pm

Er... Not a very good episode. It was alright 'till the Persians and the 300- parody came along. I didn't even have a clue about what it was supposed to parody until I read this topic... But, as I've said before, when the parody is made well, you are able to find it funny even if you don't get the reference :? Anyway, the scissor-thing was pretty funny. And the Mexicans were ok.

6/10 The worst of the season so far.
EricCartmanFatBoy

Postby EricCartmanFatBoy » Thu Apr 12, 2007 1:58 pm

OMFG!

What a great episode that was! Last week's episode kind'a sucked. But then this awseome episode came! OMG! :D

I love 300. And the way T&M made the 300 parody in this episode was hilarious!
"Well I dont want to say anything, Kyle but I think maybe this is what your family get's for being jewish on Christmas Time."

"Oh my science..."
papafrita

Postby papafrita » Thu Apr 12, 2007 2:03 pm

enigmas - a continuation from last week's massive orgy configuration. know i don't. don't know. irl persians are the les bos. gender bender. too deep
Jay C

Postby Jay C » Thu Apr 12, 2007 2:18 pm

That... was.. AWESOME!

I really had a feeling they were gonna do a 300 parody this season, and as soon as I first heard them mention the Persians, I thought; "f*ckin' Ay, they're gonna do it!", and I think they got everything spot on, seriously. I had the biggest shit-eater grin slapped over my face for the whole second half. The slow-mo scenes had me laughing pretty hard at some points, especially the coffee scene. That was so f*cking epic. XD

The whole 'Esse/Essay' thing was also brilliant, and something I wasn't expecting. My and Rick were totally in stitches at that part [And when Jimmy said he got a letter from his Esse]. I really love the way Mexicans are portrayed in the show.

Ms. Garrison's early scenes were OK, although I have to admit that I don't really enjoy him/her/it character wise, any more... you get me? If it's not worrying about love, or sex, or anything along those lines, then yeah... it's someone I'm willing to watch. But the early scenes were pretty much; 'Hurry up and get to somewhere interesting, Ms. Garrison'. Of course, I think the 300 parody really turned it around, though. Fantastic episode, and my favourite of the run. I'll give it a 9/10.
Read my horrible webcomic you fat assh*le!
HRPRognsnuf

Postby HRPRognsnuf » Thu Apr 12, 2007 2:57 pm

I loved it. Still found the Mexican part to be the best part of the episode and like others have said, I can do without Garrison sex scenes. All in all, a good episode.

Return to “Spoilers/New Episode Discussion”