*1107: Night of the Living Homeless*

Discuss new episodes without ruining them for people in other time zones.

Moderator: Big-Will

candies

Postby candies » Thu Apr 19, 2007 6:12 am

funniest episode I ever seen since the " Apologize with Jesse Jackson" and I loved the whole Dead of the Dawn parody
It's really funny how the homeless people is taking over South Park and the town folks has to stand the top of the roof at the Community building.

Even when Randy Marsh shot that man name Glen and saying
cherry pop-tarts is " ew".

Also, the part when Randy says " I don't have any change!" to the homeless people.

I loved it when the expert shots him self over and over again, probably nine times when he finally shot himself in the head.

Meantime, Stan, Kyle, Cartman and Kenny are going to solve his problem by going to evergreen to found out about the misprision. Stan continuing saying that it was Kyle idea of Cartman using his
skateboard to jump over the homeless people and I thought it was annoying when Stan argue with his best friend. Likewise I liked the part when our favorite four boys was singing " California for Homeless people" A.K.K " California Love" by: Tupac Shakur and the part when Cartman continue jumping some more homeless people with his skateboard at the community center.

I'm am in loved with " Night of the living homeless" and I can't wait for the rest of season 11 episodes until October!!!!
Xandir: And the important we are together, Draw toge--(Gets hit by the head)

Mr.Garrison: You go to Hell, You go to Hell and you die!
UnkieHerb

Postby UnkieHerb » Thu Apr 19, 2007 6:14 am

Not that Pinkeye was a bad episode, but this one is a much funnier, cleverer, all-around-awesomer episode. Randy freaking out and shooting that guy was great, as was the Homeless Studies guy shooting himself (as soon as I saw the dead hobo in his laboratory I knew something nasty would happpen), and Cartman jumping over the homeless....classic. My new favourite Season 11 ep.

And, honestly, who didn't see Cartman making a comment about the smell of Kenny's house coming?
Last edited by UnkieHerb on Thu Apr 19, 2007 3:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
cactuswolf1983

Postby cactuswolf1983 » Thu Apr 19, 2007 6:29 am

Wow. This has been the best season yet..so far. If the second half of Season 11 is as good as the first one, this will definitely be my favorite season yet. Every single episode is a 9/10 for me. Granted, I didnt give any a 10 but there are very few that I give that score to. Every episode made me laugh out loud, which I normally don't do while watching a tv show. Stone and Parker have outdone themselves...again. Anyways...this episode was hilarious and very clever...especially when Gerald gave out all his change... "Oh my god...he's become one of them!" LOL Classic. I love Randy and Gerald. These types of episodes are always my favorite. Not ones that talk about current events or ones where "kids are just kids" but ones where the parents act so outrageous and the kids are set out to make it right. Just like the Wal-Mart episode, and the Two Days Before the Day AFter Tomorrow, and Bloody Mary. I'm sure you people know what I'm referring to. KInd of like a parody but not really. I dunno. If someone could apply a term to this sort of episode, I'd appreciate it. Anyways...excellent run!!!
Clyde Donovan

Postby Clyde Donovan » Thu Apr 19, 2007 6:57 am

I lovd that one. it was like all the best zombie flicks and I loved how Stan kept thinking That jumping over the homeless was Kyle's Plan. Classic! Damn I hate having to wait till Oct for a new one. Well that was one of the best first halfs for sure.
KennyStanWendyFan

Postby KennyStanWendyFan » Thu Apr 19, 2007 7:08 am

yoshi8710 wrote:its how you said it thats immature, not the fact that you were swearing.

Exactly. Lord knows I have the mouth of a f*ckin' sailor, but I rarely swear AT people. In fact, I'm almost desensitized to swearing. It's the message of a person's words, not the particular words they use, by which I judge the quality thereof. In other words, if someone said I was f*ckin' awesome, I'd take it as a compliment; if they said I'm a stupid doodie head, I'd take it as a (rather childish) insult. The former contains a swear word while the latter does not, and yet clearly the latter is more insulting. Anywho, I've gone off on a tangent here, so... yeah. Bye.
GarrisonisSmithsFather

Postby GarrisonisSmithsFather » Thu Apr 19, 2007 8:33 am

"Night Of the Living Homeless"

I'm not going to sit and read through 7/8 pages but concencious im getting is everyone liked it. I don't know if its me but it had strokes of brillance but I wasn't feeling the whole overall idea. This reminds me of the episode where Cartman drove this big cutsaw into Woodstock killing all the hippies, it's a satire yah know. Cartman jumping the guys in the beginning was true to form Cartman. But I like the episodes that seem real to life, something that could almost actually happen and this episode was just too flavored. I guess I still enjoyed it but having been spoiled with episodes like "D-Yikes", "Fantastic Easter Special", "Cartman Sucks" I was just hoping for "THE BIG BANG" at the end. It was funny but flavored.

Rank of the spring 7

#1. 1106 "D-Yikes" 9.98/10
#2. 1105 "Fantastic Easter Special" 9.95/10
#3. 1102 "Cartman Sucks" 9.8/10
#4. 1104 "The Snuke" 9.5/10
#5. 1101 "With Apologies To Jesse Jackson" 9/10
#6. 1107 "Night Of The Living Homeless" 8/10
#7. 1103 "Lice Capades" 4.5/10
Mr. Garrison kicks more ass than Chuck Norris
BRMBug

Postby BRMBug » Thu Apr 19, 2007 9:29 am

So, the only parts I liked were Cartman jumping over the homeless, of course being fueled by Kyle, and sort of the end with the bus. I, however will never be able to to get Californayh-nayh out of my head, and that song has been ruined for me.
Oh, and the homeless should have been sent from here, not SA. We had a big problem with people pan-handling, then the City of Dallas essentially outlawed it.
OMGTKKauthoritah

Postby OMGTKKauthoritah » Thu Apr 19, 2007 11:17 am

This episode was just HILARIOUS! Cartman jumping over the homeless with his skateboard was awesome. And Kenny had some more lines! W00t! (Kenny = <3)
tjrd

Postby tjrd » Thu Apr 19, 2007 12:16 pm

After this half-a-season, I am inclined to jump the bandwagon of people decreeing the decline of South Park.
For a lot of people this is true from season 9 and up, but I don't agree with them. I started noticing a change in the latter half of season 10 though and it has continued.

What I think has happened are two things:
1. Due to the increased amount of 'spoofing', the episodes have evolved from a collection of scenes to a glamourous montage. Very impressive graphically, but I really miss the autonomous scenes from the past, like the opening scene of "Scott Tenorman must die" for example.
Their comedy nowadays has a much shorter tension span and this leads to more gratuitous humor and shock value. That can still be very funny, I liked the suicide attempt from the "head of homeless studies", but it's not what addicted me to South Park in the first place.

2. As another result of the 'spoofing' the episodes will now often revolve around just a few South Park regulars and a whole bunch of one-time characters. After spending so many episodes developing people like Tweek and Jimmy, they now only sparsely appear as extras. Even the four boys (most notably Cartman), Butters, Randy and Garrison have dropped a lot of their personal properties and assume roles that were mostly already written out for them.

South Park is now starting to lean towards being formulaic. I will say that it is still the best animated series I know of, but it is not as untouchable to me anymore.

I know these posts are annoying. But it beats reading the crap that Chozen chap wrote, innit?
Let's fighting love!
strumpfhose

Postby strumpfhose » Thu Apr 19, 2007 1:04 pm

Something's wrong with me... Usually I have been freaked out since the friday before 'till the thursday when I'll finally be able to download the episode, but this week I hardly even remembered to put the download on today....

Anyway, when the episode started I was a bit like "Oh, a preachy parody coming up, doesn't seem very good...". But despie the fact that they may overdo parodies a bit nowadays, this one ended up being really great. I wasn't too hopeful until the scene where Kyle gave the homeless the change and was treated ungratefully. After that it sort of turned better.

I loved it how Kyle's dad became one of them x)

And I also think it was pretty smart in a way that Evergreen had the homeless problem first, the place where Trey grew up, and then they ended up leading all the homeless to California, to all the rich people, where Matt and Trey live now, being rich.

South Park has became a lot more violent during this season, I think. A whole lot of blood and cutting and shooting ones brains out and stuff. In how many episodes have they had something like that happen?

* Jesse Jackson - None, I guess.
* Cartman Sucks - The campers shooting themselves. Not in an especially violent way, though.
* Lice Capades - Lices melting and the vice president shooting ones brains out.
* The Snuke - The Queen.
* Easter - Kyle cutting Jesus' throat open.
* D-Yikes! - Nothing that bad as far as I recall.
* This one - A LOT!

Not that it bothers me. Just kinda interesting.

Also, I liked it that Cartman was stupid and retarded again. Not an evil genius. And Kenny, too, had a role even. And to have all the boys together is always great.

My ratings for the 1st half of the 11th season:

1. Fantastic Easter Special
2. Night of the Living Homeless
3. Lice Capades
4. With Apolgies to Jesse Jackson
5. Cartman Sucks
6. The Snuke
7. D-Yikes!
MCkormick2

Postby MCkormick2 » Thu Apr 19, 2007 1:18 pm

Well, that episode jumped the homeless...

Did anyone else think the head of homeless studies look a lto like Ash? When I saw him, I immediately thought "Oh, they're going to spoof Evil Dead with him!".

Also, there was a scene in "Army of Darkness" where he modifies an automobile.

Funny episode, but as someone who only saw one of theses George A. Romero's movies, I didn't get most of the parodies.

The only thing I thought was strange was the lack of meaning on the episode. The city planner appeared in the beggining and said she was offended at people treating the homeless as monsters, and then disappeared (Maybe she lost her house too). There was no closure, no one "learned anything today" - but I guess that's the spirit when it comes to zombie movies.
This is not a sig.
iceiwynd

Postby iceiwynd » Thu Apr 19, 2007 1:32 pm

Ohh yeah, something else - I also thought of Mr. Hankey when the boys dropped down into the sewers, but quickly forgot about him again. We didn't need him at all, and good thing he wasn't just thrown in there. XD The episode was great as it was.

I haven't seen any of the movies, but I've got a base idea of them in general, and so, I got enough parodies. I don't need to see specific scenes copied, I know some of the concepts, saw the ones that I knew in here, and was very happy because the episode was just fantastic as ot was.

Tjrd: Yes! I don't agree with your opinion, but the way you stated it, I really wish more people could act like you do. Aaand you have the added bonus of not denouncing the show all together which is something else a lot of people do, so your post wasn't annoying at all.

I've never really seen South Park as being a show really shocking and unpredictable with its twists before, but that's more or less for drama series. I still enjoy the episodes and they still provide me with a good story, even though I know exactly how everything happens (I'm big on rewatching episodes, especially new ones - I go overboard there).

I LOVE the violence of South Park, but it was just insane in this episode. And that was a wonderful thing. I... aah, I'm disappointed that there aren't going to be any more for a while after this, but hell, this was great. XD And thinking back on the other episodes of this run, I think people were a little too hard on there being too many parodies, especially after D-Yikes! aired. This was a good parody, it was still funny, even if you couldn't catch on completely.

... Or at least I thought it was.
Tasty-Bacon

Postby Tasty-Bacon » Thu Apr 19, 2007 1:44 pm

BRAVO!!! Simply amazing!

I was having my doubts about Season 11 but after watching this episode, i can safely say they have came through - BIG TIME!

I love all the George Romero zombie movies and so every spoof or reference was funny. One thing I can't stand is Homeless People. Here in Glasgow, Scotland there everywhere!!!! They stand next to banks, payphones and when you say no, they either attack you or tell you to F-OFF.

There was more interaction between the kids and even the parents. It's also cool to see Stan taking Cartman's side (sorta) and blaming Kyle for the homeless going to South Park. I do agree that this is very much like PINKEYE but is far more advanced and better. This is probably the way Matt and Trey wanted Pinkeye but couldn't because of finance.

Another thing I adored was the, "why won't I die" scene. Most characters in horror movie always try and take the easy way out by killing themselves but this was exploited big time. I loved how he tried every place in his body to try and kill himself and he wouldn't die, HILARIOUS. Also in the car when that guy picked the kids up, was that the Mayor's aid?? If so I guess that's the last we'll be seeing of him. But what really sealed it for me was Cartman and Kyle!!! singing Tupac's California Love (sorta). It didn't kill the song, not a chance!! It's nice to see Cartman singing, reminds me of when he auditioned for the Cheesy Poofs commercial!

Overall, an absolute classic and one that will be remembered for years to come!!

NIGHT OF THE LIVING HOMELESS

[color=orange:63e91]10/10[/color:63e91]

[color=violet:63e91]TASTY BACON[/color:63e91]
It was like this one time, emm, this one time when I farted and it, it smelled like Bacon and I made him want some Bacon so I squeezed out a turd wrapped in Bacon. It was a squeeker!
Aym_Dand

Postby Aym_Dand » Thu Apr 19, 2007 3:58 pm

The episode was slow at times but that might have been the most satisfying ending in my history of watching the show.

Santa Monica even got its own Cartman shout out. Also Marina Del Rey, where I used to live (ish). I was surprised the Marina got a call out, but it's by no means inaccurate.

That episode was pretty much made for southern californians. That other people liked it is great, but it's so much sweeter if you live here.

FYTMI -- I skateboard down the path that Cartman used to jump the three homeless people at the end all the time. It really exists, and there's a SHITLOAD of homeless people there, however I weave between them and the Asians taking pictures rather than jump them. Hard to ollie on a longboard.

Anyway, my hat's off to Team South Park. You make magic happen in my trousers.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=nSD-Tk0Z3zI

http://www.gonefiction.com
SPF4L#1

Postby SPF4L#1 » Thu Apr 19, 2007 4:34 pm

That was...weird. Had some great moments but not exactly the best episode I've seen. Probably the 2nd weakest of season eleven so far, behind Apologies To Jesse Jackson. Although there haven't been any bad episodes this season. All have been pretty good at least.
If you can be bothered...please check out this poll:
http://misterpoll.com/4270026923.html

Return to “Spoilers/New Episode Discussion”