*1110: Imaginationland*

Discuss new episodes without ruining them for people in other time zones.

Moderator: Big-Will

Edduyasha

Re: *1110: Imaginationland*

Postby Edduyasha » Thu Oct 18, 2007 3:08 am

Zubby wrote:This will be the episode that launches a million fanfictions. How long do you thik it will take for a 'Kyle sucking Cartman's balls' story to end up on Fanfiction.net?

Hmm...I bet those slash-lovers are hard at work at this very second!

:cartmanlaugh:
Goodbye, cruel world...
I'm leaving you today
Goodbye, goodbye, goodbye...

Goodbye, all you people
There's nothing you can say
To make me change my mind...
Goodbye...

- Pink Floyd (The Wall, 1979)
gtaca2005

Postby gtaca2005 » Thu Oct 18, 2007 3:08 am

Honestly, I didn't think an episode with so many "fake" things would appeal well to me. But OMG, this is now my favorite episode.... Literally! :P
"It's not Jesus.... It's a portal monster." - SuperiourSavior
Edduyasha

Postby Edduyasha » Thu Oct 18, 2007 3:12 am

gtaca2005 wrote:Honestly, I didn't think an episode with so many "fake" things would appeal well to me. But OMG, this is now my favorite episode.... Literally! :P

I knew it! Matt and Trey had some tricks left up their sleeves! That 'Imagination' song was annoying as Hell, though.
Goodbye, cruel world...
I'm leaving you today

Goodbye, all you people
Goodbye...

gtaca2005

Postby gtaca2005 » Thu Oct 18, 2007 3:13 am

Edduyasha wrote:
gtaca2005 wrote:Honestly, I didn't think an episode with so many "fake" things would appeal well to me. But OMG, this is now my favorite episode.... Literally! :P

I knew it! Matt and Trey had some tricks left up their sleeves! That 'Imagination' song was annoying as Hell, though.

I hate that damn song! :x
(But it did make me laugh. :lol: )
halamazoo

Postby halamazoo » Thu Oct 18, 2007 3:16 am

I can usually wade through the metaphors and figure out what's going on with an episode, but this one was so far out there that I'm completely confused. I'm so amped for next week's episode that I'm not entirely sure how I'm going to sleep for the next seven days.

Next week's episode can still go in any number of directions. However, I'm fairly certain that Kyle will get out of his contract with Cartman because it will turn out that the leprechaun isn't real. However, I think it would be an interesting change of pace for Cartman to win this one. If you think about it, he never really wins in the end.
DODNIZOID

Postby DODNIZOID » Thu Oct 18, 2007 3:17 am

I loved this episode too, but after hearing the "Imagination" song they had to have been on LSD, like others speculated.
MIDWEST BIAS!!!!!
Edduyasha

Postby Edduyasha » Thu Oct 18, 2007 3:20 am

...Poor, poor Kyle. He's such a stickler for suffering these past few seasons...

He's almost taken the place of Kenny (out of the four main boys) in suffering if you think about it a bit...

Butters is kinda beat upon a lot physically, but Kyle seems to be on the losing end of things a lot against Cartman lately...

Ha, that's what I thought. This looked like an acid trip to me...

:cartmanlaugh:
Goodbye, cruel world...
I'm leaving you today

Goodbye, all you people
Goodbye...

gtaca2005

Postby gtaca2005 » Thu Oct 18, 2007 3:27 am

Butters= Fagg0t :lol:
Edduyasha

Postby Edduyasha » Thu Oct 18, 2007 3:30 am

gtaca2005 wrote:Butters= Fagg0t :lol:

Typical Cartman for ya, dude.

:wink:
Goodbye, cruel world...
I'm leaving you today

Goodbye, all you people
Goodbye...

iceiwynd

Postby iceiwynd » Thu Oct 18, 2007 3:39 am

Heyy! The concept was a pretty good one from the start, and it kinda dulled down a lot, but it wasn't so bad. I was actually pretty bored from the start, but it did start to pick up again. And I actually enjoyed the celebrity bits.

But seriously, another two-parter? Honest to god, really? I'm getting sick of this. There were two of them last season and we've got another one already. It's getting frustrating and the concept wasn't that amazing. Don't spend so much time on the set up, which was really, really boring (and that stupid f*cking song went on much too long. It wasn't funny from the start and going on and on with it wasn't about to make it any funnier), and just get to it already and then we won't have to have yet another two-parter.

Well, that bit of bitching aside (seriously, I'm so frustrated over that), it really wasn't that bad of a start. It's kinda silly to see the whole sucking balls thing being taken straight to heart, and I can't say I love it, but I don't really hate it, either... so I guess, uh, see how it goes. The imagination bits worked out well, too, and I don't mind the terrorist aspect to it, but I still would've preferred something else. Butters was in top form here, too.

Best part? The way they shot the initial terrorist bits. That was wonderfully done. The story isn't exactly riveting but at least that gem came from it. I'm thinking maybe... 3.5/5, I'm just so frustrated it's a two-parter.
Indigo Rose

Postby Indigo Rose » Thu Oct 18, 2007 3:40 am

I kinda hope Kyle wins. I've been kicked around a lot by life lately and it would be nice to see the character I identify with the most come out on top.
"Now Kyle, don't fly too close to the sun, or it'll burn your wings, an- and you'll crash into the ocean!"

(Awkward silence)

"Butters Goddamnit!"
BigBroflovskiFan

Postby BigBroflovskiFan » Thu Oct 18, 2007 3:42 am

DODNIZOID wrote:I loved this episode too, but after hearing the "Imagination" song they had to have been on LSD, like others speculated.

LMAO, I loved that part. That song going and on and Kyle flipping out at him - "ARE YOU GONNA TAKE US SOMEWHERE?!" XD

I laughed so hard at the fagg0t thing - "This is.. fagg0t."

And Token - "I don't want the code name Blackie!"
gtaca2005

Postby gtaca2005 » Thu Oct 18, 2007 3:43 am

BigBroflovskiFan: I agree!
Edduyasha

Postby Edduyasha » Thu Oct 18, 2007 3:48 am

Indigo Rose wrote:I kinda hope Kyle wins. I've been kicked around a lot by life lately and it would be nice to see the character I identify with the most come out on top.

I agree. I've been pushed around my fair share of times up until last summer, too. Go Kyle!

:wink:
Goodbye, cruel world...
I'm leaving you today

Goodbye, all you people
Goodbye...

RyFry

Postby RyFry » Thu Oct 18, 2007 3:50 am