*1110: Imaginationland*

Discuss new episodes without ruining them for people in other time zones.

Moderator: Big-Will

BRMBug

Re: *1110: Imaginationland*

Postby BRMBug » Thu Oct 18, 2007 10:53 am

Did anyone else notice the way Cartman "caressed" the photo of Kyle?
So FREakin' GAAAYYY DUDE!!!!
I just couldn't figure out what movie they were doing at the end with fatass there.

I'm too tired to go and see what other characters I can find in Imaginationland, maybe tomorrow.
S-O-U-T-H-P-A-R-K

Postby S-O-U-T-H-P-A-R-K » Thu Oct 18, 2007 11:23 am

BRMBug wrote:Did anyone else notice the way Cartman "caressed" the photo of Kyle?
So FREakin' GAAAYYY DUDE!!!!
I just couldn't figure out what movie they were doing at the end with fatass there.

I'm too tired to go and see what other characters I can find in Imaginationland, maybe tomorrow.

its a it gay that cartman is gonna go through alot so kyle can suck his balls

anyway MICHAEL BAY lol but gibson was to funny
Big-Will
Board Moderator

Postby Big-Will » Thu Oct 18, 2007 12:09 pm

chinco16 wrote:was that little red dude with the big hat supposed to be a black mage from final fantasy? does anyone else know who i'm talking about?

Did he have a D on his cloak? If so, older fans on this board might recognize him as Orko from He-Man and the Masters of the Universe.
The South Park Scriptorium
The South Park Scriptorium on Facebook

Favorite Character: Butters
Need to look for something on the board? Use the search links below: US version
CartmanMills

Postby CartmanMills » Thu Oct 18, 2007 12:48 pm

Not a bad episode, this. Will definately be watching the next few. No Kenny is a bit lame but you cant win everything.

8/10.
albino.black.sheep

Postby albino.black.sheep » Thu Oct 18, 2007 12:55 pm

Aw! Poor Toroto! How did he get dragged into all of this?!
Email notifications do matter, people.
EPAF

Postby EPAF » Thu Oct 18, 2007 12:56 pm

OK, THIS is the kind of thing I dream of when I'm asleep. Seriously, that episode was SO surreal and f***ed up......but in a VERY good way. :D
Never guessed there would be so many cameos/easter-eggs in this episode. M&T must have really brain-stormed characters to include in this, even if they were on-screen for only a second.

I can't be arsed browsing through 20 pages of this thread to see if they've already been said, but on first-watch, I spotted:
Mario (with an E cap)
Link (in his Goron Tunic)
Orko
A Care-Bear
Ninja Turtle
Charlie Brown
Ronald McDonald
Willy Wonka
Jack Skellington
The Flash
A Smurf
Pac-Man
Captain America
Mighty-Mouse
& A Mogwai

So that's 15 I spotted. :lol:

On a side note, I liked the Saving Private Ryan reference - especially since THIS reference had the slow-mo and the deaf sound as well. And the inclusion of Mel Gibson...again - well, how can you NOT laugh at that? :lol:

Overall...brill episode and I can't wait for Part 2.
crazyQH wrote:Ok EPAF, I'm officially granting you the title of having the best dream ever.
albino.black.sheep

Postby albino.black.sheep » Thu Oct 18, 2007 1:08 pm

And Cartman and that picture... really f*cking uber gay.

But seriously, the picture aside, the fact that Cartman is so obsessed with getting Kyle to suck his balls is proof enough that he is gay.
Email notifications do matter, people.
EPAF

Postby EPAF » Thu Oct 18, 2007 1:10 pm

albino.black.sheep wrote:And Cartman and that picture... really f*cking uber gay.

But seriously, the picture aside, the fact that Cartman is so obsessed with getting Kyle to suck his balls is proof enough that he is gay.

Exactly. I know Cartman's going to great lengths coz' he technially won that bet, but COME ON...that WAS a "little" on the gay side. I'm so rooting Kyle on to get out of this situation via something clever/surreal.

And like many others, I had no idea what they were referencing in that final scene with Mr. Gay-Fatass...:roll:
crazyQH wrote:Ok EPAF, I'm officially granting you the title of having the best dream ever.
kingsnakeX

Postby kingsnakeX » Thu Oct 18, 2007 1:19 pm

wtf this epsidoe was so f*cking retarded . wtf the imagaination song was so boring over 10 minutes saying "imagaiotn , imagation. Man this show is keeps sucking ass. Man cartman is gay for trying to get kyle to suck his balls. Wtf cartman is a faggfot right there for getting a hardon off kyle
I'm the crawling king snake and I rule my den.
-Jim Morrison
MyGod

Postby MyGod » Thu Oct 18, 2007 1:29 pm

The imagination song?

It was a terrible song. But they kept it going for just long enough to make it not funny - funny - not funny - and then funny again.

I thought it was the most wacked out episode I've seen, but it was also really entertaining. Certainly worth posting about, which I normally can't be bothered to do.

I personal favorite line was, "he's just a care bear!!!" - but so many good lines.

PS - you guys are freaks, I don't know how you spotted so many!
This could be the end of the world... of warcraft
Jay C

Postby Jay C » Thu Oct 18, 2007 1:43 pm

Awesome. Just awesome. Most definitely one of the best episodes of the season so far [along with D'Yikes and Le Petit Tourette]. Everything seemed so alive, and it was so much fun spotting random cameo characters in crowds and stuff [I positively squeaked when I seen Totoro, f*ck. Where did he come from? XD]. The Saving Private Ryan sequence was the best part of the whole damn thing, considering how perfectly they got it. Ronald McDonald picking his arm up had me lol'ing for like, a whole minute because of how utterly bizarre it was, and I totally never seen it coming.

That song though.... that f*cking song. SHUT THE f*ck UP, FAT MAN*.

9/10 - Will watch again and again and again

* - We need that fat guy to start singing that song again, only for Sam Jackson to yell that line, ala Pulp Fiction. I'll cream my f*cking pants. :lol:

Also; Cyberdemons. One needs to come from behind that wall, seriously.
Read my horrible webcomic you fat assh*le!
Zubby

Postby Zubby » Thu Oct 18, 2007 1:46 pm

miller man wrote:
Indigo Rose wrote:
miller man wrote:Thing is though, Zubby, as wrong as it is, Kyle signed a contract. He lost the bet, therefore he has to do it. As much of a little closet bastard as Cartman is, he's actually technically right about this one. Kyle should never have agreed. For the sake of variety, I do believe M&T will give Cartman the nod this time. :o

Kyle could always buy two gumballs, say "here, Cartman, I'm giving you these balls. They're your balls now," and then suck on those?

I like your style, Indigo Rose, however the judge [i]did[i] use the terms "scrotum" and "testicles." :shock:

ShaneHaughey wrote:
miller man wrote:Thing is though, Zubby, as wrong as it is, Kyle signed a contract. He lost the bet, therefore he has to do it. As much of a little closet bastard as Cartman is, he's actually technically right about this one. Kyle should never have agreed. For the sake of variety, I do believe M&T will give Cartman the nod this time. :o

Actually, contracts that enforce action upon a body have the legal right to opt out anytime by either party. There was actually a case in some town close by where some kid said that he won a bet with a friend, and now the friend had to show his balls to him. He had signatures and everything. It was thrown out as it violated the above; the second kid had the right to say no, as no service was rendered, and the first kid had no recourse brcause the contract was in violation of the law.

The episode rocked. 10/10.

Very interesting point, ShaneHaughey. If M&T do indeed decide to let Kyle off the hook, that will likely be the angle in some form or fashion. Something just tells me that Cartman will be victorious, but in doing so, will ultimately be exposed (at least to us the audience) as the fool, a la "Cartman Sucks." Think of it as his character arc throughout this season. 8)

As a technicality, I was thinking more along the lines of leprachauns not being real, and/or what the definition of 'real' is. I don't remember the exact wording of the contract (did we even hear it?), but they did poiint out at one point that leprachauns are not real, yet they exist. If the contract mentions them being real, not just seeing one, that could be the technicality needed to keep Kyle's mouth balls-free.

As I think about it more, I find it pretty damn funny that several people are involved in a normal conversation about whether eight year old cartoon charecters will perform oral sex,
Zubby
krazykarl12

Postby krazykarl12 » Thu Oct 18, 2007 2:00 pm

Big-Will wrote:
chinco16 wrote:was that little red dude with the big hat supposed to be a black mage from final fantasy? does anyone else know who i'm talking about?

Did he have a D on his cloak? If so, older fans on this board might recognize him as Orko from He-Man and the Masters of the Universe.

that was orko!!! my favorite cartoon as a kid
krazykarl12

Postby krazykarl12 » Thu Oct 18, 2007 2:02 pm

i also saw an underpants gnome running around
jamesbiatch

Postby jamesbiatch » Thu Oct 18, 2007 2:18 pm

wow, this episode is so far excellent and i have never anticipated seeing south park as much as i am for next week.
There are many episodes where you can argue that they take an easy, albeit hilarious, out. But they appear to be treating the storylines in this episode with extra care and making sure that (apart from the existence of imagination land) the developments are as realistic as possible.

The scene with shaymalan, bay and gibson was some great self-referencing comedy. I think it is also a sign that M&T aren't going to be using any 'twists' to buy there way out of this. It is going to be a trilogy of complex, engrossing and HILARIOUS plot comedy.

on a side note, butters is so messed up :? "watch it guys, i'm pretty sure this guy wants to rape us"... nowhere near as bad as Cartman though, this is the second time this year he's tricked/forced someone into a sexual act :shock:

Return to “Spoilers/New Episode Discussion”