*1110: Imaginationland*

Discuss new episodes without ruining them for people in other time zones.

Moderator: Big-Will

KillingKenny666

Re: *1110: Imaginationland*

Postby KillingKenny666 » Thu Oct 18, 2007 7:15 pm

Best episode EVER!

Imaaagination

Imagination

Iiiimagination

Imagiinatioon

Imaginatioon
AVENGED SEVENFOLD 4 EVER!!!
4elovek

Postby 4elovek » Thu Oct 18, 2007 7:16 pm

Hey guys !
That was just awesome music in the very end of the episode when Cartman hitchhacked the truck and looking at the Kyle`s picture. Its nice rock music there. Does anyone know anything about this song?
Thunderhorse

Postby Thunderhorse » Thu Oct 18, 2007 7:17 pm

This episode easily qualifies as one of the best episodes I've seen within the last 2 years! I loved it! I can't wait to see the next 2 episodes! I was laughing my head off when I saw Ronald bend down and pick up his severed arm! Pure Genius!

10/10

P.S. I was wondering about the song as well? Big-Will, will you enlighten us?
tancore

Postby tancore » Thu Oct 18, 2007 7:34 pm

Man.. That was such a great episode! 8)
I realized it when I, quite subconsciously, started singing "Imagination" song in the shower this morning. Aweeesome. :mrgreen:
swellman7

Postby swellman7 » Thu Oct 18, 2007 7:34 pm

Holy crap. 350+ replies? Was their a fight or did that many people just really love the episode?

Anyway, I LOVED it. Everything they did, they did perfectly. The imagination song, Cartman taking Kyle to court, Butters in imaginationland, EVERYTHING. All hilarious. I especially loved their jabs at hollywood directors, and seeing Mel Gibson again made me laugh hysterically. Great episode. 10/10

P.S. I don't really think it's gonna be a 3-parter. The ads on CC are saying that next week will be the conclusion.
Thunderhorse

Postby Thunderhorse » Thu Oct 18, 2007 7:37 pm

swellman7 wrote:I don't really think it's gonna be a 3-parter. The ads on CC are saying that next week will be the conclusion.

I know, but I don't think CC has ever had a series have a 3 parter before. They probably just used the same sound clip because they were unprepared.
KillingKenny666

Postby KillingKenny666 » Thu Oct 18, 2007 7:40 pm

I love that movie director part.

Ow my nipples! They hurt when I twist them!

And all the motorcycles are like braaaaaaaww and the building's like Craaaaaaaaaaaaa.
BigBroflovskiFan

Postby BigBroflovskiFan » Thu Oct 18, 2007 7:51 pm

"M. Night Shyamalanala" LMAO.
KillingKenny666

Postby KillingKenny666 » Thu Oct 18, 2007 8:02 pm

What if, the terrorists are werewolves? Or their country was invaded by aliens? Or we dream about this, but we're all really dead?
TheFourAssedMonkey

Postby TheFourAssedMonkey » Thu Oct 18, 2007 8:18 pm

Im not sure if I just didn't see Willy Wonka, or if people are mistaking the Mad Hatter as Wonka. The guy in purple with the top hat is the Mad Hatter from Alice in Wonderland. The difference is the playing card in his hat.
SPF4L#1

Postby SPF4L#1 » Thu Oct 18, 2007 8:22 pm

Good episode, but I didn't like it as much as some people seemed to. In fact, I much preferred More Crap to be honest.

But, like I said, this was a good episode. I am slightly annoyed by the fact it's a trilogy though. I'm often disappointed by two-parters, because I like as many completely original episodes as possible. Knowing what we're going to get the next two weeks is somewhat of a disappointment to me.
If you can be bothered...please check out this poll:
http://misterpoll.com/4270026923.html
DevilAngel16

Postby DevilAngel16 » Thu Oct 18, 2007 8:25 pm

Wow…that was such a fantastic, but at the same time confusing, episode. I dunno how they’re able to create a plot as wacky and insanely awesome as that in just 21 minutes or so.

But daaaamn. I loved it. So much. Ahh. I skimmed through some of other people’s posts, and I’m with all of you, this episode was simply AMAZING.

Anyway, I loved the nicknames Cartman gave Token and Butters at the beginning. XD And that weird fat guy singing “IMAGINAAAATION” was simply hilarious. My little sister burst into laughter when he first came on the screen. (My sister and I always watch the new episodes together.)

Imaginationland itself was super cool. I dunno if anyone else mentioned this yet, but did anyone notice a few of the Super Best Friends were there? I was all, “OMG, SUPER BEST FRIENDS!” I felt bad for all of those imaginary people when they were getting blown up…like Charlie Brown! And that cute little care bear. And Ronald McDonald!!

And, um…I’m still kinda puzzled as to why Cartman wants Kyle to suck his balls so badly. O_o Um, yeah, kinda queer (by that I mean gay, not strange) if you ask me. I dunno…he just seems, to me, to be getting gayer and gayer with each episode.

Oh, and I loved that we got to see Mel Gibson again. He was funny. XD The Hollywood guy before him (I can’t remember his name) was funny too, the one doing all of those sound effects or whatever.

Butters was great in this episode. “Are you gonna rape us?” XDD And Kyle…I swear, I’m starting to love that kid more and more. I’m glad Stan had a semi decent part too.

I was just disappointed when the stupid “TO BE CONTINUED” came up on the screen. WHYYYYYY?!! I can’t wait to see what’s gonna happen next week!
Big-Will
Board Moderator

Postby Big-Will » Thu Oct 18, 2007 8:31 pm

Thunderhorse wrote:I know, but I don't think CC has ever had a series have a 3 parter before. They probably just used the same sound clip because they were unprepared.

Ever see the Meteor Shower Trilogy?

While you think of the episodes in that trilogy, see how many characters you can spot here. Post the ones you recognize and the images they're in.

(Cat Orgy, Two Guys Naked In A Hot Tub, Jewbilee)

I have no idea what song or movie the ending refers to, though I hear The Terminator might be the movie.
The South Park Scriptorium
The South Park Scriptorium on Facebook

Favorite Character: Butters
Need to look for something on the board? Use the search links below: US version
KillingKenny666

Postby KillingKenny666 » Thu Oct 18, 2007 8:55 pm

I love that terrorist attack part. I know the people that died.

Ronald McDonald
Care Bear
Charlie Brown
Mr. Rodgers Puppets
I forgot the rest :D
Emassei

Postby Emassei » Thu Oct 18, 2007 11:05 pm

Underlying Meaning

Has anyone noticed that this South Park could potentially have an underlying meaning?

It could be argued that most, if not everything, in Imagination Land has its root in American Culture. The terrorists, through attacking Imagination Land, can be seen as a gigantic analogy for the real life tension that certain radical Islamist groups have towards the American imagination, and thus American culture.

Return to “Spoilers/New Episode Discussion”