*1110: Imaginationland*

Discuss new episodes without ruining them for people in other time zones.

Moderator: Big-Will

KillingKenny666

Re: *1110: Imaginationland*

Postby KillingKenny666 » Sat Oct 20, 2007 7:02 pm

Would Kyle suck his balls? Or would Cartman accidentely put Kyles balls in HIS mouth?
AVENGED SEVENFOLD 4 EVER!!!
kingsnakeX

Postby kingsnakeX » Sat Oct 20, 2007 7:08 pm

Big-Will wrote:I don't see it happening.

No if they do that kiddie smut (get my drift) next episode some human rights group is might sue M&T
I'm the crawling king snake and I rule my den.
-Jim Morrison
cannonw1

Postby cannonw1 » Sat Oct 20, 2007 8:19 pm

BRMBug wrote:I just found Yoda and either Tinkerbell, or a random "fairy".

Edit: I also finally found Najix, who's been staring me in the face the whole time, and I'm trying to figure out where the Swordfish Musketeer came from.

Double Edit: I finally saw Bloo.

Triple Edit:
Who the hell is this guy, and why is he flipping everybody off?
I don't think he's Mr. Clean either.

that is mr. clean i believe, and he's flicking you off because you touch yourself at night
Pip Tweek

Postby Pip Tweek » Sat Oct 20, 2007 8:37 pm

This has to be one of the most bizarre plots of the entire series. I like it a lot so far.

My favorite cameo appearance was The Brown Hornet from Fat Albert (superhero figure in yellow outfit standing next to a ninja turtle.) When he first appeared he was running with the others to greet the mayor. I recognized him immediately and had a good laugh as it reminded me of the "Fat Abbot" parody from the Clubhouses episode.

Seeing a Blue Meanie from the Beatles Yellow Submarine movie and Orko from the old Filmation He-man series was cool too.

One thing I don't get is the appearance of Joseph Smith (mormon prophet) next to Krishna and the other Superbestfriends. Smith was actually a real person. And it seemed like the terrorists were vastly outnumbered by superhero characters. How did they win so easily?
candies

Postby candies » Sat Oct 20, 2007 10:08 pm

A MAJOR TWIST!

Is Butters going to stopped the Terriost?
Is Kyle going to suck Cartman's balls?
Is Kenny going to lived this whole season?

Tune it all a new South Park on October, 24th on Comedy Central!
Xandir: And the important we are together, Draw toge--(Gets hit by the head)

Mr.Garrison: You go to Hell, You go to Hell and you die!
crazyQH

Postby crazyQH » Sat Oct 20, 2007 10:17 pm

Whoa, you guys..I just had an idea. O_o Ok here it goes...

It was previously stated that it seems as if Matt and Trey were purposely trying to please the fans (well, more like fangirls) with all the Kyle/Cartman ballsucking that was being suggested in this episode. Well, perhaps this is the episode where they will finally acknowledge and reference all of those fan artists and fan fiction writers out there. Maybe all of the bad things behind the wall are all of that stuff that fan girls and boys have created. I mean, god, the episode is titled "imagination land" for Christ's sake.

Or, perhaps at the end of the episode it will show a girl sitting at a computer (like, live-action) sitting writing this whole thing as a fanfiction. I mean, think about it. Not only has it references slash multiple times, it incorporates an assortment of other characters from outside of south park. It's a stretch, and it definitely would be an unorthodox way of ending an episode, but really, isn't that what South Park is known for?
Billistic

Postby Billistic » Sat Oct 20, 2007 10:48 pm

crazyQH wrote:Whoa, you guys..I just had an idea. O_o Ok here it goes...

It was previously stated that it seems as if Matt and Trey were purposely trying to please the fans (well, more like fangirls) with all the Kyle/Cartman ballsucking that was being suggested in this episode. Well, perhaps this is the episode where they will finally acknowledge and reference all of those fan artists and fan fiction writers out there. Maybe all of the bad things behind the wall are all of that stuff that fan girls and boys have created. I mean, god, the episode is titled "imagination land" for Christ's sake.

Or, perhaps at the end of the episode it will show a girl sitting at a computer (like, live-action) sitting writing this whole thing as a fanfiction. I mean, think about it. Not only has it references slash multiple times, it incorporates an assortment of other characters from outside of south park. It's a stretch, and it definitely would be an unorthodox way of ending an episode, but really, isn't that what South Park is known for?

Interesting, that's thinking outside the box crazyQH. So you're saying the darkness is bad ideas? Something stupid like the pet rock or the robot in Rocky IV or something?
ShaneHaughey

Postby ShaneHaughey » Sun Oct 21, 2007 12:19 am

I'd doubt that. Matt Stone is the only one with serious input that might even have had a faraway remote chance of reading fanfiction as he deals more often with the site. However, according to chats, he doesn't. So I doubt it.

As for pleasing the fangirls, from what I can gather, Matt and Trey honestly don't care what we say here. So, therefore, they won't do something just to please fangirls or boys.

The Cartman/Kyle plot is just a twist on an old Cartman thing. He always wants people to suck his balls, but has Kyle hooked in South Park's legal universe. That's the point. Usually you'd go, "f*ck off, Cartman." but this time he is ordered by a legal authority to do so. It's Kyle having no recourse and being forced to do something horrible, and Cartman having the rule of law behind him. It's a twist; usually Cartman is the one with no legal backing for whatever insane scheme he has and up to Kyle, the one who actually upholds the law more often, to stop him.
Of course, I'd rather be held in contempt.

Maybe Mel Gibson supplied the plot.
M. Nightshamalamawamafama the Twist.
And Michael Bay is handling the animation.:P
That's how it's down here on the farm!
kiju

Postby kiju » Sun Oct 21, 2007 12:49 am

I really enjoyed the episode, but the logical part of my brain can't get over one issue. When Cartman and Kyle are in court, the judge rules that Kyle must adhere to the contract. That in and of itself is silly, but I'm willing to suspend disbelief. What I don't understand is why did the judge believe that a leprechaun was seen? Argh, I know it's just a technicality, but it won't leave my poor brain alone.

Anyways, it was a great episode. It reminded me of just how much pop culture I don't know, as there weren't many things I recognized in Imaginationland, haha.
Billistic

Postby Billistic » Sun Oct 21, 2007 12:52 am

ShaneHaughey wrote:I'd doubt that. Matt Stone is the only one with serious input that might even have had a faraway remote chance of reading fanfiction as he deals more often with the site. However, according to chats, he doesn't. So I doubt it.

I don't know man, they seem to run out of ideas a lot, and there are other writers on the show...I could see them looking at some of our ideas, even if only to get an idea our of our ideas.

I doubt they have as well, but it's a fanboy fantasy that just maybe we make a difference.
M00ndragon69

Postby M00ndragon69 » Sun Oct 21, 2007 6:40 am

Billistic wrote:
ShaneHaughey wrote:I'd doubt that. Matt Stone is the only one with serious input that might even have had a faraway remote chance of reading fanfiction as he deals more often with the site. However, according to chats, he doesn't. So I doubt it.

I don't know man, they seem to run out of ideas a lot, and there are other writers on the show...I could see them looking at some of our ideas, even if only to get an idea our of our ideas.

I doubt they have as well, but it's a fanboy fantasy that just maybe we make a difference.

Hey Billistic, welcome to the board.You made some excellent points on everything.I know what you mean about maybe Trey and Matt sometimes taking a look at this board. Anyone who knows me on this board knows that I am a huge horror fan. I have posted on some horror related boards and have certain actors and directors involved in the genre on my myspace friends page. Alot of them I can mention do pay attention to what their fans write to them, and that makes me admire them even more. But my point is,if they can find the time to pay attention to what their fans write, why wouldn't Trey and Matt be able to? It is not like going online and looking around here takes a huge amount of time.And I have been on this board a while ( LOL..More like 4 years) and I do remember seeing people on here say that something they posted in the new episode ideas that a few months later ended up in a new episode. Alot of people say when asked that Trey and Matt never pay any attention to this board, but do they really know for sure? Do they know Trey and Matt, and know for sure if they told the truth about never coming here?

And hey good point about maybe the terrorists attacking what those characters symbolize. Maybe a reason why they are attacking them has to do with the taboo in Islam about graven images. You remember that part in Dogma where the coporation that owned Moobys was accused of Idolitry? Like maybe the terrorists see the people who love those characters as worshipping false idols and it pisses them off. Or maybe I am just super tired from work and talking out my ass.
jamesbiatch

Postby jamesbiatch » Sun Oct 21, 2007 7:42 am

i still reckon this is going to be unlike other south park episodes. After paying out shamamalaya (or whatever) i don't think there's going to be some weird twist, it's going to be a well developed and structured story.

Also Butter's heartfelt speech is another classic way of solving an episode, but that didn't work. It all just points to something a bit more thought-through.

Also i bet stan and kyle are going to end up being tortured by the government...
gtaca2005

Postby gtaca2005 » Sun Oct 21, 2007 7:56 am

Here's what I think. Kyle's dad, being that he is a lawyer, will realize that a minor has the right to void a contract if it is not to do with any sports or entertainment, and so Kyle won't suck anything.

(And that is the law with contracts and minors, look it up.)
"It's not Jesus.... It's a portal monster." - SuperiourSavior
BRMBug

Postby BRMBug » Sun Oct 21, 2007 8:12 am

If Kyle does wind up doing it, maybe it'll be like in Fat Camp when Kenny gave his Grandfather a sensual massage. They didn't show it, they just showed the crowd going "eww".
gtaca2005

Postby gtaca2005 » Sun Oct 21, 2007 8:18 am

If I must say so myself, I think Cartman is gay. All this talk about balls all the time. "You're breaking my balls", "Suck my balls", and he came up with the Butters with balls on chin idea. Also, he sucked a penis. Enough said.

(And what is up with this site at 1:00pm (pacific time) every night?)
"It's not Jesus.... It's a portal monster." - SuperiourSavior

Return to “Spoilers/New Episode Discussion”