*1111: Imaginationland Episode II*

Discuss new episodes without ruining them for people in other time zones.

Moderator: Big-Will

UnkieHerb

Re: *1111: Imaginationland Episode II*

Postby UnkieHerb » Thu Oct 25, 2007 12:44 pm

This 3-parter thing, if the last episode wraps everything up well (and features Kenny getting disemboweled by the Christmas Critters), will be one of the best moments in South Park's history. I loved Kyle's 'death' scene, and the Manbearpig reference made me laugh so hard. I never thought I'd say this after Go God Go, but...multi-episode storylines FTW!
kingsnakeX

Postby kingsnakeX » Thu Oct 25, 2007 12:55 pm

The episode was so retared. Mostly you got was a piece of sh*t 15 minute episode with more than 50% of it in f*cking commericals. The epiosode was just spoffing sh*t with Star-Gate, Narnia. Mostly the setting would be one place, then just f*ck up; move some where else out of no more and just f*cked the whole plot up
I'm the crawling king snake and I rule my den.
-Jim Morrison
tjrd

Postby tjrd » Thu Oct 25, 2007 1:28 pm

I gotta say SterileEyes makes a fair point. I don't necessarily agree all the way, but a bunch of episodes in season 10 and 11 revolved around a gag of ridiculous tongue-in-cheek plot twists. For example after "More crap", I thought up the theory that through the years South Park has been gradually cultivating tastelessness up to the point where the cultivating is so over-the-top that it might be considered "tastelessly cultivated tastelessness".

Yeah, I was quite proud of myself that day.

Nonetheless I think this trilogy is brilliant, I can't wait for the final episode. It's great that the possibility of Kyle sucking Cartman's balls is equally horrible as the destruction of imagination as we know it. This episode was a little less tense than the previous, but lots of great jokes and references made up for that. The three-way cliffhanger (Stan sucked inside the portal, the nuke, and Cartman waking Kyle) is excellent.
Let's fighting love!
CartmanMills

Postby CartmanMills » Thu Oct 25, 2007 1:35 pm

And besides, a plotless show would just be another Family Guy. And I don't think anyone here REALLY wants that...

I hate you.

I thought the episode was good but it no way topped the first one. The first one had absolute classic moments such as the Carebear being executed, the stupid Imagination song and the Mayor's "isn't weal!" voice, Cartman's quote of "Pay homage to the Sultan's balls" and the ending. The second episode was good, no doubt, but nothing tops that first part. Unless the third absolutely buries both.

LOL @ Stan realizing about the Critters though. Very nice - a little treat for us long time South Park fans.
SPF4L#1

Postby SPF4L#1 » Thu Oct 25, 2007 2:07 pm

Not bad. I didn't see the point in Kyle's death scene though. I thought that was completely unnecessary. Good episode though.
If you can be bothered...please check out this poll:
http://misterpoll.com/4270026923.html
JishHughes

Postby JishHughes » Thu Oct 25, 2007 3:03 pm

man bear pig definately made this episode a winner, and the fact that jesus was on the council of nine just made it all the better. I can't wait for the third episode, it's gonna be the sh*t!
IHateCelebritiesToo

Postby IHateCelebritiesToo » Thu Oct 25, 2007 3:16 pm

Best part of this episode for me was the Woodland Christmas Critters.

I loved the way they brought them into the scene. "I'm the most evil, no I'M THE MOST EVIL. No, No, I'M the most evil!"

Then once the squirrel walked into the scene, that was it for me. I couldn't stop laughing. I knew they were going to upstage all of the evil that was the dark side of imagination land. Can't wait for the finale! They are going to have a huge role.

Next wednesday is October 31st, HALLOWEEN. You mean to tell me they didn't set this up to conclude on Halloween?

Satan might make a stop by. Maybe even Sadamm.
Hamster at Dawn

Postby Hamster at Dawn » Thu Oct 25, 2007 3:35 pm

This episode wasn't quite as good as the first one but was still really funny and I just loved the woodland critters and the manbearpig! The next episode certainly has the potential to be one of the best ever imo considering how good the first two were and that the third one should be the best of the three. Just hoping I won't be let down.
OPL

Postby OPL » Thu Oct 25, 2007 3:40 pm

And they actually managed to evoke some emotion! Hooray! Hopefully they won't screw it up. The death bit was fantastic and hell, I think Cartman was genuine in trying to get Kyle to live again not just because of the contract, but because he genuinely cares - remember Kenny Dies? But once the shock of it is over and Kyle's back, Cartman's straight back down to business (and seriously, the final bit of the episode was hilarious. Come on). But a line like "You've never backed away from anything before!" or whatever it was, well, I thought it stated that he clearly cared for Kyle and wanted him back for more than just the ball-sucking. ... Whatever, that whole end bit worked really well. Completely picked it up moreso. Especially since it did actually seem, well, to me at least, that Kyle could die, because something trippy could happen with imaginations or whatever to bring him back. I mean clearly he wouldn't die in the end overall, but for this episode, it could've stayed that way.

I love you. Seriously.

Someone needs to give me a link to a site where I can watch this episode again. I can't focus on class I'm so obsessed with it. I have an off period coming up, and I DO NOT want to fail my vocab quiz later because I can't get:

"Imaginnaati- see it picks up there - ImaginAAAtion" and "Come on Kyle... come on buddy. Goddammit Kyle you never walked away from anything in your life!"

out of my head :D . And YouTube is being bery unhelpful
"...But then, the lesson of Gore's Nobel Prize is that to talk big but do nothing of substance is what society rewards." -TMQ, ESPN Page 2
patrickov

Postby patrickov » Thu Oct 25, 2007 3:59 pm

IHateCelebritiesToo wrote:
Then once the squirrel walked into the scene, that was it for me. I couldn't stop laughing. I knew they were going to upstage all of the evil that was the dark side of imagination land. Can't wait for the finale! They are going to have a huge role.

Jason Voorhees said he didn't want to meet the kid who had made those critters up. Seems that in South Park universe, any evil entity would be no match in front of Cartman :cartmanangry:
A Chinese Butters wearing a Bavarian shirt
ShaneHaughey

Postby ShaneHaughey » Thu Oct 25, 2007 4:11 pm

IHateCelebritiesToo wrote:Next wednesday is October 31st, HALLOWEEN. You mean to tell me they didn't set this up to conclude on Halloween?

I think everyone realized this a while ago. :lol:

9/10. Not as super classic as the first, but great as the second part in a trilogy.
That's how it's down here on the farm!
Zubby

Postby Zubby » Thu Oct 25, 2007 4:37 pm

ShaneHaughey wrote:9/10. Not as super classic as the first, but great as the second part in a trilogy.

That's exactly my feeling. It felt like the middle section of a movie (which it was if the rumors are true). The big action and surprises are at the beginning and end of a movie. Should make for a great episode next week.

I keep telling myself I'm not going to speculate, but I keep doing it anyway. Here goes:
Stan, apperantly sucked into Imaginationland, could be the one to save the day. Once he gets his bearings and realizes where he is, he should realize that as a creator, he can just imagine up something that will solve everything. I don't think Butters or any of the army guys are quick witted enough to think of something like that.

After the long scene in the boardroom, it appears increasingly unlikely that Kyle will be sucking Cartman's balls. I could be surprised next week, however. South Park is good at taking hard left turns in the storyline.
I haven't completly given up on my earlier idea that an imaginary Kyle will end up doing the sucking, or that it will happen in Imaginationland, so Cartmen will be unsure if it happened at all.
Zubby
slickguy55

Postby slickguy55 » Thu Oct 25, 2007 4:46 pm

Pirateogta wrote:Hahaha, Jesus in Imaginationland. He is imaginary, after all.

he is actually a historic figure. so no, he is not imaginary. i thought that part was funny though, just because the whole purpose was to offend people.
ShaneHaughey

Postby ShaneHaughey » Thu Oct 25, 2007 4:47 pm

I said that on WLM last night. Are you stalking me? :lol:
That's how it's down here on the farm!
strumpfhose

Postby strumpfhose » Thu Oct 25, 2007 4:51 pm

Zubby wrote:
I haven't completly given up on my earlier idea that an imaginary Kyle will end up doing the sucking, or that it will happen in Imaginationland, so Cartmen will be unsure if it happened at all.

My thoughts exactly...

You always think that South Park couldn't possibly get any sicker but then it always manages to... Go Matt & Trey!

Return to “Spoilers/New Episode Discussion”