*1111: Imaginationland Episode II*

Discuss new episodes without ruining them for people in other time zones.

Moderator: Big-Will

Edduyasha

Re: *1111: Imaginationland Episode II*

Postby Edduyasha » Thu Oct 25, 2007 2:54 am

Cerisa_Roz wrote:I swear, if Cartman didn't manage to resuscitate Kyle, he probably would've violated the damn corpse. And that final scene...guh. I could totally picture him jerking it over Kyle's comatose body too, with how screwed-up he is.

Let's hope the final part doesn't suck *hur hur*.

It feels almost like a 'filler' arc here, in the pacing/dragging. I understand they want to hold us in suspense for *that* moment, if it happens, but wow.

Hopefully Stan'll shine in the final part.

I second, third, whatever the "Kyle bites them off" twist. THAT'D be something. *pictures Cartman spinning around screaming as the blood 'sprinklers' go off*

The Woodland Critters: Hated "Woodland Critter Christmas", but liked 'em here.

Things spotted:
Alien
Predator
Jason Voorhees
Freddy Krueger
Manbearpig
Joker
Darth Maul
Wario
Stormtroopers
Xenomorphs

*was multitasking in discussion IMs on the episode*

And yeah, Kyle's been through a LOT of crap over the seasons and has had a few close brushes. Dead!Kyle looked like a creepy mannequin, all pale and stiff and all.

Kenny's busy being a living cardboard stand-up, as usual XD

I expected Cartman to do something horrible as Kyle lay there, too... I just freaked out there...

The episode itself was good as filler, but I just want to skip it and go to the finale...next week's episode is gonna be good, I'm already hyper thinking about how it'll end.

Tonight's episode-

7.5/10 (just because it was rather boring as filler compared to the first part...and the Kyle factor had me yelling at the TV).
Goodbye, cruel world...
I'm leaving you today
Goodbye, goodbye, goodbye...

Goodbye, all you people
There's nothing you can say
To make me change my mind...
Goodbye...

- Pink Floyd (The Wall, 1979)
Indigo Rose

Postby Indigo Rose » Thu Oct 25, 2007 2:55 am

First, I LOVED the continuity with Woodland Critter Christmas and Manbearpig, even though I didn't like the episodes. Poor Stan, getting sucked in. I hope Kyle's gonna try and save him, although I doubt he's going to do much in the next episode because of his state.

And the Imagination song! <3<3<3<3<3!!!!!
"Now Kyle, don't fly too close to the sun, or it'll burn your wings, an- and you'll crash into the ocean!"

(Awkward silence)

"Butters Goddamnit!"
OPL

Postby OPL » Thu Oct 25, 2007 2:58 am

I knew something was wrong when Manbearpig (haha) dropped him and got sucked back into Imaginationland and Kyle was just... laying there, eyes open are everything else. I sensed it. Poor, poor, Kyle. Did anyone else cringe when they showed the aerial view of the resuscitation scene and Kyle's all... gray and mouth creepily open and... ick, thinking about it makes me shudder. I didn't breathe during that whole scene. Cartman almost made me cry. Yes, Cartman. I said it 5 minutes ago and I'll say it now - Cartman loves his Jew buddy, it's painfully obvious.

I half-wanted Stan to be around for that, see his reaction to his bestie keeling over, especially since Kyle went to snap Stan out of it in the first part in a way saving his life. He was so terrified when Kyle got grabbed, with good reason, it seems. Poor Stan. Poor Kyle.

I love South Park. :mrgreen:
"...But then, the lesson of Gore's Nobel Prize is that to talk big but do nothing of substance is what society rewards." -TMQ, ESPN Page 2
Edduyasha

Postby Edduyasha » Thu Oct 25, 2007 2:59 am

Indigo Rose wrote:First, I LOVED the continuity with Woodland Critter Christmas and Manbearpig, even though I didn't like the episodes. Poor Stan, getting sucked in. I hope Kyle's gonna try and save him, although I doubt he's going to do much in the next episode because of his state.

The Imagination song was so cute between Kyle and Stan, unlike how annoying it was by the mayor dude because he just droned on and on...while they stood and sung it together, debating key changes. That completely appealed to the music theory purist in me.

I hope Stan will get to meet up with Butters...and perhaps he'll have to fight off those Woodland Critters one way or another. That'd be cool to see...

I agree about the references, too. I hated Woodland Critter Christmas, and ManBearPig was mediocre, but the references are great here.
Goodbye, cruel world...
I'm leaving you today

Goodbye, all you people
Goodbye...

ShaneHaughey

Postby ShaneHaughey » Thu Oct 25, 2007 3:01 am

Indigo Rose wrote:First, I LOVED the continuity with Woodland Critter Christmas and Manbearpig, even though I didn't like the episodes. Poor Stan, getting sucked in. I hope Kyle's gonna try and save him, although I doubt he's going to do much in the next episode because of his state.

The Savior Marsh needs no savior!
That's how it's down here on the farm!
Cerisa_Roz

Postby Cerisa_Roz » Thu Oct 25, 2007 3:06 am

As for the question about Kyle's would've-been death a few seasons back: Yep. He was originally going to die towards the end of season 5, and Butters would've replaced him. Instead, Kenny died 'for good' and got brought back...to be filler even more than before XD

I remember hearing they originally planned to have Kyle written out in season 4, too. He would've moved away. They didn't go through with that, though.

So it seems 'fate' has it out for Kyle, no? XD He's lucky he made it this far, though depending on the outcome of the finale, he may very well wish he had died.

The morbid part of me was disappointed there was no blood to make the fake-out even creepier.
Indigo Rose

Postby Indigo Rose » Thu Oct 25, 2007 3:09 am

I don't think they're going to write Kyle out of the story now. I mean, back in the earlier seasons Stan and Kyle were more alike and had similar roles on the show, but now Kyle's become more prominent as his own character. I could see how it could have been possible then, but not now.
"Now Kyle, don't fly too close to the sun, or it'll burn your wings, an- and you'll crash into the ocean!"

(Awkward silence)

"Butters Goddamnit!"
Bill Casey

Postby Bill Casey » Thu Oct 25, 2007 3:10 am

As for Cartman's sexual orientation, I think he'd probably grow up to be a bisexual rapist/serial killer...
Edduyasha

Postby Edduyasha » Thu Oct 25, 2007 3:11 am

Cerisa_Roz wrote:As for the question about Kyle's would've-been death a few seasons back: Yep. He was originally going to die towards the end of season 5, and Butters would've replaced him. Instead, Kenny died 'for good' and got brought back...to be filler even more than before XD

I remember hearing they originally planned to have Kyle written out in season 4, too. He would've moved away. They didn't go through with that, though.

So it seems 'fate' has it out for Kyle, no? XD He's lucky he made it this far, though depending on the outcome of the finale, he may very well wish he had died.

The morbid part of me was disappointed there was no blood to make the fake-out even creepier.

I will give Matt an' Trey credit for inspiring a little change in my Kyle costume this Halloween...I'm going to try to get a crapload of pale (white?) foundation to turn my skin deathly pale...tons of eyeliner and eyeshadow for a sunken eye look...I may just be dead Kyle now.

Mean, I know...but it gives my costume concept a creepy twist now.

Don't eat me, Indigo!

^ ^;
Goodbye, cruel world...
I'm leaving you today

Goodbye, all you people
Goodbye...

ClownCarOnFire

Postby ClownCarOnFire » Thu Oct 25, 2007 3:11 am

Bill Casey wrote:As for Cartman's sexual orientation, I think he'd probably grow up to be a bisexual rapist/serial killer...

Old news is old.
Drink Up Me Hearties, YoHo~
Indigo Rose

Postby Indigo Rose » Thu Oct 25, 2007 3:13 am

Edduyasha wrote:
Cerisa_Roz wrote:As for the question about Kyle's would've-been death a few seasons back: Yep. He was originally going to die towards the end of season 5, and Butters would've replaced him. Instead, Kenny died 'for good' and got brought back...to be filler even more than before XD

I will give Matt an' Trey credit for inspiring a little change in my Kyle costume this Halloween...I'm going to try to get a crapload of pale (white?) foundation to turn my skin deathly pale...tons of eyeliner and eyeshadow for a sunken eye look...I may just be dead Kyle now.

Mean, I know...but it gives my costume concept a creepy twist now.

Don't eat me, Indigo!

^ ^;

That would be a seriously cool idea. And eat you? I'm a vegetarian silly ^^

(Awkward silence)

"Butters Goddamnit!"
crazyQH

Postby crazyQH » Thu Oct 25, 2007 3:17 am

Cerisa_Roz wrote:

Well, I'm pretty sure when manbearpig was holding him, there was some blood. I could be wrong though..

But anyway..

Wow, I'm still getting over how awesome I think episode actually was. I just hope Kyle isn't incapacitated for next week's episode. So far his role in these two episodes have been fantastic, hopefully it'll stay that way.

What I'm hoping is Cartman and Kyle will go into imaginationland to save Stan and Butters before it gets nuked. We really don't need anymore characters dying. XD
ShaneHaughey

Postby ShaneHaughey » Thu Oct 25, 2007 3:25 am

That would seem so...obvious. Putting a character in peril and having a third party come in and save the day is what the show has always done. I think they will do the classic thing one would imagine in imaginationland would happen; the right person at the right time will save the day.
That's how it's down here on the farm!
Edduyasha

Postby Edduyasha » Thu Oct 25, 2007 3:28 am

crazyQH wrote:
Cerisa_Roz wrote:

Well, I'm pretty sure when manbearpig was holding him, there was some blood. I could be wrong though..

But anyway..

Wow, I'm still getting over how awesome I think episode actually was. I just hope Kyle isn't incapacitated for next week's episode. So far his role in these two episodes have been fantastic, hopefully it'll stay that way.

What I'm hoping is Cartman and Kyle will go into imaginationland to save Stan and Butters before it gets nuked. We really don't need anymore characters dying. XD

I think I saw blood, but I believe it was the red tint of the alarm going off or something. Blood is certainly plausible on such an attack.

At least the episode left us with all this dramatic action still to come. The next episode ought to be really good...

I have a feeling about Butters being an unlikely hero on the next episode. Maybe even Kenny will make an appearance as a surprise...though I highly doubt it.

:|
Goodbye, cruel world...
I'm leaving you today

Goodbye, all you people
Goodbye...

crazyQH

Postby crazyQH » Thu Oct 25, 2007 3:28 am

ShaneHaughey wrote:That would seem so...obvious. Putting a character in peril and having a third party come in and save the day is what the show has always done. I think they will do the classic thing one would imagine in imaginationland would happen; the right person at the right time will save the day.

Perhaps. :P I know you're convinced (or at least hoping) Stan goes in and saves the day. That'd actually be nice, he hasn't had a role like that in a while. I kind of hope that's the case, actually. I just feel bad for the kid, he probably thinks Kyle is dead. :[

I just hope Kyle's not out for the next episode. And ya know, since Kyle did technically die for a little bit, you'd think Cartman would go easy on him, but he'll probably use it against him by saying "I saved your life, now you HAVE to suck my balls." What an assh*le.

Return to “Spoilers/New Episode Discussion”