*1111: Imaginationland Episode II*

Discuss new episodes without ruining them for people in other time zones.

Moderator: Big-Will

swellman7

Re: *1111: Imaginationland Episode II*

Postby swellman7 » Thu Oct 25, 2007 11:38 pm

iceiwynd wrote:I just really, really wish they had left Kyle dead for the rest of this episode

Agreed. They should have left him dead until part 3, which would have really built suspense. (The fangirls would have been freaking out!)
OPL

Postby OPL » Thu Oct 25, 2007 11:48 pm

swellman7 wrote:
iceiwynd wrote:I just really, really wish they had left Kyle dead for the rest of this episode

Agreed. They should have left him dead until part 3, which would have really built suspense. (The fangirls would have been freaking out!)

Yes I would've. And the ohmygod this isn't happening but it is and I kinda love it giddy grin? So know what you mean.

you got it all wrong. the only reason cartman saved kyle was because he never sucked his balls yet. cartman was crying because of the fact that if he lost kyle, he would never get his balls sucked. not because he almost lost kyle. they hate each other.

Bah humbug, let us have our fun. It'd be wrong for anyone to say they have Cartman figured out completely... I don't even think Matt and Trey can quite do that. They've created a monster. ;)

But I like to IMAGINE (hehe) that he has a human side, brief as it's appearances may be. And that he couldn't survive without Kyle.

Cue the grin!
"...But then, the lesson of Gore's Nobel Prize is that to talk big but do nothing of substance is what society rewards." -TMQ, ESPN Page 2
Butters42

Postby Butters42 » Thu Oct 25, 2007 11:51 pm

I didn't see Imaginationland 2 last night. What happened?
[url=http://www.dreamsignature.com][img]http://www.dreamsignature.com/sigs/sigs_sp007.gif[/img][/url][url=http://www.dreamsignature.com][img]http://www.dreamsignature.com/sigs/sigs_sp015.gif[/img][/url]
gtaca2005

Postby gtaca2005 » Thu Oct 25, 2007 11:55 pm

Butters42 wrote:I didn't see Imaginationland 2 last night. What happened?

Well, Stan and Kyle sang the Imagination song, and it opened a "Star Gate" like portal to Imagination Land, where all the nightmares came out from behind the gate. Most notably, Manbearpig, the Woodland Critters, and Freddy and Jason. Now the plan is to nuke the imagination, to be continued. :wink:
"It's not Jesus.... It's a portal monster." - SuperiourSavior
TrackZero

Postby TrackZero » Fri Oct 26, 2007 12:00 am

I'm trying to figure out where the "Every night the dream is the same..." sequence is from. It's driving me nuts, as I swear it's from a show/movie that I used to watch, but I can't quite get it. Does anyone know what the reference is?
KYLEZ#1FAN

Postby KYLEZ#1FAN » Fri Oct 26, 2007 12:03 am

Indigo Rose wrote:I'm pretty sure Cartman doesn't care about Kyle, and saved him only so he could gloat about it and get his balls sucked. I mean, Cartman's shown glimpes of humanity or sadness before, and they've all turned out to be just an act.

It would be pretty cool if I was wrong though.

I believe that deep, deep down inside of his saddistic, racist, stereotyping, pudgy body, Cartman cares about Kyle, if only a little. I choose to believe that, because, I mean, Kyle is so likeable in my eyes, who could possibly despise him as much as Cartman appears to? Plus, he did save his family in Smug Alert. Even if he said it was just because without Kyle to rip on, his life was empty, I still refuse to believe that Cartman has no positive feeling toward Kyle.

Hmm... this would be a good question for the FAQs...
Known as IHeartKyle5266 on KyleFanClub.com!!

"I don't need you anymore!"
"I know. I need you."
^Kyle and Stan.
KYLEZ#1FAN

Postby KYLEZ#1FAN » Fri Oct 26, 2007 12:09 am

swellman7 wrote:

Very true.

A fangirl myself, I would absolutely lose my mind if they kept him dead until the 3rd part. Very suspensful, good for ratings. I would've starting crying. I guarantee you. Unlike last night, I almost started. And I would hate to be my friends, I would be very depressed and irratable for the rest of the week.
Known as IHeartKyle5266 on KyleFanClub.com!!

"I don't need you anymore!"
"I know. I need you."
^Kyle and Stan.
tjrd

Postby tjrd » Fri Oct 26, 2007 1:02 am

TrackZero wrote:I'm trying to figure out where the "Every night the dream is the same..." sequence is from. It's driving me nuts, as I swear it's from a show/movie that I used to watch, but I can't quite get it. Does anyone know what the reference is?

Damn I wish you hadn't said that, now I'm having the same problem. :|
Let's fighting love!
Billistic

Postby Billistic » Fri Oct 26, 2007 1:27 am

KYLEZ#1FAN wrote:
Indigo Rose wrote:I'm pretty sure Cartman doesn't care about Kyle, and saved him only so he could gloat about it and get his balls sucked. I mean, Cartman's shown glimpes of humanity or sadness before, and they've all turned out to be just an act.

It would be pretty cool if I was wrong though.

I believe that deep, deep down inside of his saddistic, racist, stereotyping, pudgy body, Cartman cares about Kyle, if only a little. I choose to believe that, because, I mean, Kyle is so likeable in my eyes, who could possibly despise him as much as Cartman appears to? Plus, he did save his family in Smug Alert. Even if he said it was just because without Kyle to rip on, his life was empty, I still refuse to believe that Cartman has no positive feeling toward Kyle.

Hmm... this would be a good question for the FAQs...

Remember Cartman did miss Kyle in Smug because he had no one to rip on.

Cartman needs Kyle to be an outlet for his hatred and to lick his balls.
Billistic

Postby Billistic » Fri Oct 26, 2007 1:30 am

New Theory:

Cartman doesn't actually want Kyle to lick his balls.

I mean didn't it take Cartman forever to set up for the ball licking? It was almost like he was trying to postpone it. While I think Cartman enjoys getting one over on Kyle and watching him squirm, maybe he doesn't want a guy to actually lick his nuts.
HeyJo

Postby HeyJo » Fri Oct 26, 2007 1:42 am

triplemultiplex wrote:
kingsnakeX wrote:I think I know what happends now in this bullsh*t TRILOGOY; Butters "defeats" the terroists ,and at the same time gets his ass killed by the Woodland Critters.

If you ever listen to commentaries by Trey and Matt, you wouldn't say that.
Butters is well-loved by the creators and he will continue to thrive as a main character.
Butters is sweet but funny as hell. Him and Cartman complete this show for me.
Indigo Rose

Postby Indigo Rose » Fri Oct 26, 2007 1:45 am

Billistic wrote:New Theory:

Cartman doesn't actually want Kyle to lick his balls.

I mean didn't it take Cartman forever to set up for the ball licking? It was almost like he was trying to postpone it. While I think Cartman enjoys getting one over on Kyle and watching him squirm, maybe he doesn't want a guy to actually lick his nuts.

That's actually a pretty good theory. I wonder how Cartman would solve his dilema now that Kyle is pretty much ORDERED to do the sucking.
"Now Kyle, don't fly too close to the sun, or it'll burn your wings, an- and you'll crash into the ocean!"

(Awkward silence)

"Butters Goddamnit!"
iceiwynd

Postby iceiwynd » Fri Oct 26, 2007 2:00 am

I'm going to have to agree with that one, actually. The hunt is more thrilling than the catch; the anticipation is sweeter than the actual moment. Cartman really does want to watch Kyle squirm, especially since here, he has the upper hand, and he just wants to flaunt that. And that's what his situation is all really about, being dominant.

And also, having just rewatched the episode, no, I'm still absolutely convinced that Cartman wanted Kyle to keep on living and not just because of their contract or the position he's got him in. It's in the voice acting, it's in the movements. How he kind of just crawls towards Kyle's body, how he's near tears, and he's even giving Kyle a compliment about how strong his friend is. It's a huge shock for him and I'm sure it's huge shocks like that - like it was when he realized Kenny was actually going to die and cried with Kyle before he learned about stem cells - that jerk his humanity to the surface. And he gives a pretty emotional display there, uncontrolled and out in the open in front of several other people, and to me, it doesn't seem like their deal was even on his mind as he was just trying to get Kyle to come back to life.
Billistic

Postby Billistic » Fri Oct 26, 2007 2:17 am

iceiwynd wrote:I'm going to have to agree with that one, actually. The hunt is more thrilling than the catch; the anticipation is sweeter than the actual moment. Cartman really does want to watch Kyle squirm, especially since here, he has the upper hand, and he just wants to flaunt that. And that's what his situation is all really about, being dominant.

And also, having just rewatched the episode, no, I'm still absolutely convinced that Cartman wanted Kyle to keep on living and not just because of their contract or the position he's got him in. It's in the voice acting, it's in the movements. How he kind of just crawls towards Kyle's body, how he's near tears, and he's even giving Kyle a compliment about how strong his friend is. It's a huge shock for him and I'm sure it's huge shocks like that - like it was when he realized Kenny was actually going to die and cried with Kyle before he learned about stem cells - that jerk his humanity to the surface. And he gives a pretty emotional display there, uncontrolled and out in the open in front of several other people, and to me, it doesn't seem like their deal was even on his mind as he was just trying to get Kyle to come back to life.

Maybe in the continuation Cartman offers Kyle a truce in return for letting lieu of the agreement, something like Kyle's never allowed to rip on Cartman again or something. They have done a lot of kyle versus cartman stories maybe this is another twist on the show?
iceiwynd

Postby iceiwynd » Fri Oct 26, 2007 2:35 am

I would LOVE to see something like that - it'd be excellent development for the both of them - but I just don't see it happening. Continuity isn't really a strength of South Park (which is probably a strong part of the reason why so many were thrilled to see the Critters and Manbearpig) and I can, much more realisticlaly, envision things returning to the rivalry as they were before.

That doesn't mean I want it to happen, though. I'd actually been debating a bit with what you brought up, with some kind of truce or at least a bit of a stronger friendship that moves the almost brutal rivalry into something a touch more playful, but never really brought it up because I just can't see Matt and Trey going through with that. Which is a shame really, because I've finally started getting hardcore back into South Park because Imaginationland has been an amazing couple of episodes as far as character development come along, mostly with Cartman and Kyle, and it's going to be a shame to see it skipped over, which is what I'm sure will happen (yet this hasn't daunted my excitement).

Return to “Spoilers/New Episode Discussion”