*1112: IMAGINATIONLAND Episode III*

Discuss new episodes without ruining them for people in other time zones.

Moderator: Big-Will

candies

Re: *IMAGINATIONLAND Episode III*

Postby candies » Thu Nov 01, 2007 3:15 am

Wow......Butters has to imagine to stopped the evil characters, Cartman continues to convince that Kyle has to suck his balls ( Which Kyle has did in Cartman's imganation), Al Gore proves everyone that ManBearPig exist? This whole Trilogy where awesome, laughable and highly absurdity with every scene especially when Cartman imgane Kyle finally sucked his balls! Also when Griffen asked Butters to helped them to imagne something to stopped the other ones, at first I thought he were thinking about Professor Chaos to rule the whole Imagnationland with some intensiveness powers. It was strangely when Kyle heard Stan's voice in his head that part kind of reminded a movie from the 80's.

Great episode. Did everyone heard Butters' said s-h-*t? :lol:
Xandir: And the important we are together, Draw toge--(Gets hit by the head)

Mr.Garrison: You go to Hell, You go to Hell and you die!
Edduyasha

Postby Edduyasha » Thu Nov 01, 2007 3:18 am

Indigo Rose wrote:
Edduyasha wrote:Let's not forget the Kyle-Cartman slash fodder...anyways, I think it really did happen- Butter's parents came in with a newspaper with his supposed 'exploits' in Imaginationland.

:|

Ugh, I've seen fic authors use the Cartman/Kyle material already. By the most part, it's scary ><

Aw, man... Personally, all I've seen so far were Stan-Kyle and Kenny-Kyle slash stories, but the Cartman-Kyle slash seems even scarier than the stuff I've seen already.

:?

@ Zubby- That'd be cool if they relased the story arc as a separate DVD with extended/deleted scenes and all the awesome extras that usually come along with DVDs. Why not? They released Passion of the Jew by itself and they're releasing a Christmas special collection soon...
Goodbye, cruel world...
I'm leaving you today
Goodbye, goodbye, goodbye...

Goodbye, all you people
There's nothing you can say
To make me change my mind...
Goodbye...

- Pink Floyd (The Wall, 1979)
crazyQH

Postby crazyQH » Thu Nov 01, 2007 3:23 am

Indigo Rose wrote:I don't think it was just a dream, I think Butters just went back to the real world in the same way the other four did in the first episode.

I agree with you on that. When Butters returned to the real world (waking up in bed) his parents clarified that he did in fact go to imaginationland, and that everything did actually happen. He just came back to the real world in the same way the others had-by waking up. I'm actually glad for that, I would have been upset had it all been a dream, which was one of my original fears for this episode even before it aired. But yeah, I'm glad the way they made it work out.

But yeah, I'm so happy with this trilogy. Honestly, I think last week's was better, but damn, this was still great. The whole three parts were just awesome, I want to to watch them all again.

Stan's part was more minuscule that I had imagined. (Ha, imagined, giggle giggle) Maybe it was the battle of Butter's life, but certainly not Stan's. He didn't do much of anything in this episode, although I will say him speaking to Kyle from Imaginationland was pretty awesome.

Kyle really shined in this episode. I loved how he was prompt to go save Stan and Butters, and how he stood up to Cartman. I loved his line about how their friends were in danger and how all Cartman could think about was the bet. I thought it was great too when he was talking to god, jesus, luke skywalker, etc, when he was upset about not knowing how to stop the nuke. Poor kid. Glad he managed to break in though. The dude from the pentagon's line about how kids can so easily break into the pentagon made me laugh. And I thought Kyle's speech was adorable, and he did what he could to save everyone, although damn Al Gore had to come in and nuke everyone anyway. XD I'm just glad Butters made it, or they'd all be screwed. That scared me at first, when they got nuked, and then it was just like..white. I was like, "sh*t, uh...everyone died in imaginationland, f*ck."

And, Cartman is still an assh*le, as expected. That's, really all I can say, he's an assh*le. XD But, at least real life Kyle didn't actually have to suck real Cartman's balls, even if he did have to watch it. Cartman's line about Kyle being a dirty girl was awesome, too. :P

Butters also had an amazing part I think. I feel bad for him, but I "LOL'ed" when he said "sh*t" at the end.

So yeah, I thought this trilogy was epic. Great job Matt and Trey. :D
Indigo Rose

Postby Indigo Rose » Thu Nov 01, 2007 3:31 am

crazyQH wrote:
Indigo Rose wrote:I don't think it was just a dream, I think Butters just went back to the real world in the same way the other four did in the first episode.

I agree with you on that. When Butters returned to the real world (waking up in bed) his parents clarified that he did in fact go to imaginationland, and that everything did actually happen. He just came back to the real world in the same way the others had-by waking up. I'm actually glad for that, I would have been upset had it all been a dream, which was one of my original fears for this episode even before it aired. But yeah, I'm glad the way they made it work out.

But yeah, I'm so happy with this trilogy. Honestly, I think last week's was better, but damn, this was still great. The whole three parts were just awesome, I want to to watch them all again.

Stan's part was more minuscule that I had imagined. (Ha, imagined, giggle giggle) Maybe it was the battle of Butter's life, but certainly not Stan's. He didn't do much of anything in this episode, although I will say him speaking to Kyle from Imaginationland was pretty awesome.

Kyle really shined in this episode. I loved how he was prompt to go save Stan and Butters, and how he stood up to Cartman. I loved his line about how their friends were in danger and how all Cartman could think about was the bet. I thought it was great too when he was talking to god, jesus, luke skywalker, etc, when he was upset about not knowing how to stop the nuke. Poor kid. Glad he managed to break in though. The dude from the pentagon's line about how kids can so easily break into the pentagon made me laugh. And I thought Kyle's speech was adorable, and he did what he could to save everyone, although damn Al Gore had to come in and nuke everyone anyway. XD I'm just glad Butters made it, or they'd all be screwed. That scared me at first, when they got nuked, and then it was just like..white. I was like, "sh*t, uh...everyone died in imaginationland, f*ck."

And, Cartman is still an assh*le, as expected. That's, really all I can say, he's an assh*le. XD But, at least real life Kyle didn't actually have to suck real Cartman's balls, even if he did have to watch it. Cartman's line about Kyle being a dirty girl was awesome, too. :P

Butters also had an amazing part I think. I feel bad for him, but I "LOL'ed" when he said "sh*t" at the end.

So yeah, I thought this trilogy was epic. Great job Matt and Trey. :D

Agreed, on every count. And you phrased it way prettier than I ever could.
"Now Kyle, don't fly too close to the sun, or it'll burn your wings, an- and you'll crash into the ocean!"

(Awkward silence)

"Butters Goddamnit!"
Cerisa_Roz

Postby Cerisa_Roz » Thu Nov 01, 2007 3:35 am

Darn, forgot that bit with the newspaper. In any case...*puts bag over head*.

Parts 2 and 3 really would have quite the fodder for those 'fanfic people', but that's another topic of its' own.

I hope the next two episodes are Cartman-free to some extent. Cartman and Butters (and Kyle) do work as opposites and can carry the plots on, but it's about time Stan steps up again. Kenny...eh. Clyde or Craig would probably have a better chance than him ;^_^ *not that I'd be complaining*
Edduyasha

Postby Edduyasha » Thu Nov 01, 2007 3:39 am

Cerisa_Roz wrote:Darn, forgot that bit with the newspaper. In any case...*puts bag over head*.

Parts 2 and 3 really would have quite the fodder for those 'fanfic people', but that's another topic of its' own.

I hope the next two episodes are Cartman-free to some extent. Cartman and Butters (and Kyle) do work as opposites and can carry the plots on, but it's about time Stan steps up again. Kenny...eh. Clyde or Craig would probably have a better chance than him ;^_^ *not that I'd be complaining*

Yeah...Craig had his (awesome) moments in Tourette's about cussing out authority figures, but Kenny...? The chance of him getting a major role the way things are going now is about as big as...a needle's eye.
Goodbye, cruel world...
I'm leaving you today

Goodbye, all you people
Goodbye...

iceiwynd

Postby iceiwynd » Thu Nov 01, 2007 3:41 am

I liked it! But not as much as last week's. And there wasn't nearly enough Stan.

Good idea with the whole telepathic/imagination connection, I liked that. Al Gore was hilarious, popping in and out of scenes - it was done very nicely. And yes, I must be in agreement on how awesome Kyle telling Cartman off was. The Sector 2 callbacks were pretty good (especially Kyle smashing through the window) and I liked the, uh, bits of cameos mentioned this time as well. Yes.

Also when the nuke fell and then the screen turned white and Butters just crawled up and started walking around - that was hilarious. Though I don't get it. Stan, Kyle, and Cartman were there as well - how come only Butters was the "key"? They're all capable of creating and how did Butters survive the blast when nobody else did?

... Actually, I can't think of much else to say. But I so wanna watch this again and then watch the trilogy in its whole sometime on the weekend.

Oh, yes! The whole ball-sucking thing... Actually, the expressions were hilarious. And I'm in on not really thinking it's real... I mean, I guess, with what was ruled, it was real, but they're still two entirely separate Cartmans and Kyles. Imaginary Kyle may have sucked Imaginary Cartman's balls, but Kyle never touched Cartman's balls, and I think there's still a difference if the original characters are still there. ... also once again Kyle telling off Cartman was 100% awesome.

Yeah, yeah, I seriously can't think of much else. Though about the lack of Kenny, seriously, I think it's time to stop caring and complaining about it in every episode. It's a treat when he shows up, but other than that, I've accepted Butters as being the fourth boy in South Park's current age. And it's perfectly fine like that, really.
Indigo Rose

Postby Indigo Rose » Thu Nov 01, 2007 3:42 am

Cerisa_Roz wrote:Darn, forgot that bit with the newspaper. In any case...*puts bag over head*.

Don't forget about Part one, with the sultan thing and the part at the end with the picture ><
"Now Kyle, don't fly too close to the sun, or it'll burn your wings, an- and you'll crash into the ocean!"

(Awkward silence)

"Butters Goddamnit!"
Edduyasha

Postby Edduyasha » Thu Nov 01, 2007 3:47 am

Indigo Rose wrote:

Don't forget about Part one, with the sultan thing and the part at the end with the picture ><

Oh, man...that picture thing was really creepy...

:shock:
Goodbye, cruel world...
I'm leaving you today

Goodbye, all you people
Goodbye...

Indigo Rose

Postby Indigo Rose » Thu Nov 01, 2007 3:50 am

Edduyasha wrote:
Indigo Rose wrote:

Seriously, I'm still having nightmares about it. Just, ugh! *shudder*

(Awkward silence)

"Butters Goddamnit!"
Edduyasha

Postby Edduyasha » Thu Nov 01, 2007 3:53 am

Indigo Rose wrote:
Edduyasha wrote:
Indigo Rose wrote:Don't forget about Part one, with the sultan thing and the part at the end with the picture ><

Seriously, I'm still having nightmares about it. Just, ugh! *shudder*

Overall, this episode gets an 8.5/10. The trilogy itself was a 10/10... Matt and Trey have really outdone themselves these past three episodes...

:mrgreen:
Goodbye, cruel world...
I'm leaving you today

Goodbye, all you people
Goodbye...

HAcoreRD

Postby HAcoreRD » Thu Nov 01, 2007 3:55 am

Edduyasha wrote:
HAcoreRD wrote:Good episode, though it felt rushed at the end. Stan had a very small role in this episode, and of course, the ball sucking was hillarious.

Yeah...and Kenny didn't show up at all this time around. Too bad...he's just disappeared for good, I guess...

><

I'm starting to think Kenny is just growing away from Stan, Kyle and Eric, probably since hanging with them puts his life in danger. Part 1, i could see why he'd sit back since Terrorists almost killed him, and had he went, he would've technically "died" with Stan, Kyle, cartman and everyone else in Imaginationland.

Still. Everyone died, did Butters imagine them back alive, or did he simply imagine the nuke/terrorists never happened?

It has one of those messed up ending that can be debated like any time travel movie/show
crazyQH

Postby crazyQH » Thu Nov 01, 2007 4:10 am

Here's my theory with Kenny, or the lack of him these days. I think lately Matt and Trey come up with episodes when they think of a really awesome plot, and then they apply the characters that would suit each role best. (Like lately it's been a lot of Cartman and Kyle.) And since Kenny is such an underdeveloped character, not much comes to mind where he would fit in for these roles. I mean, everyone already knows Cartman's an assh*le, so he gets the assh*le roles. And it's the converse for Kyle. Everyone knows he's Cartman's biggest enemy and pretty much always feels 100% opposite anything Cartman feels. Their characters are developed the most, thus they get the roles.

Also, I think that episodes have been getting, more..well, I hesitate to say "logical" since we just had an episode about "imaginationland," but they seem to be going for a more "realistic" approach. Again, I hesitate to say that, because everything in south park is so far-fetched, but I think it's no longer a show where they can have a character die and come back to life just like that. Or not..I don't know.

Anyway, back to part III. The parts where there kept being "security breaches in sector two" I thought were cool. I loved how Kyle flung himself through the window in that very Cartman-esque fasion. Awesome.

So, I think everyone was expecting Stan to sort of play the hero role in this, although that role really ended up being split between Kyle and Butters.

I thought Al Gore was awesome in this. I was at first afraid they were going to go overboard with his parts, but they kept them short and limited, yet funny. Awesome. :]
HAcoreRD

Postby HAcoreRD » Thu Nov 01, 2007 4:16 am

I just noticed how Butter's survived. He had some energy shield on him, when he flew down in the field to give the men items. Clearly he imagined himself invulnerable, thus only he could survive the nuke.

Also, gotta like how Kyle would almost rather Stan dies than suck Cartman's balls

Funny now as it stands....

Deaths:
Stan: 1
Kyle: 3 (twice here, plus his story death in Christmas Critters)
Cartman: 1
Kenny: a lot

Good work Matt & trey btw ^^
crazyQH

Postby crazyQH » Thu Nov 01, 2007 4:37 am

HAcoreRD wrote:I just noticed how Butter's survived. He had some energy shield on him, when he flew down in the field to give the men items. Clearly he imagined himself invulnerable, thus only he could survive the nuke.

Also, gotta like how Kyle would almost rather Stan dies than suck Cartman's balls

Funny now as it stands....

Deaths:
Stan: 1
Kyle: 3 (twice here, plus his story death in Christmas Critters)
Cartman: 1
Kenny: a lot

Good work Matt & trey btw ^^

Yeah, I noticed Butter's energy field thing too. A little unrealistic that Butter's would be able to imagine everything exactly back to how it was, but then again, there's nothing really realistic about being trapped in a land of imaginary creatures and being able to make things appear by thinking of them. XD

And I don't really think Kyle would rather have Stan die than suck Cartman's balls. I think he would have sucked his balls if he absolutely needed to, but I think he wanted to find a way to save him and get around sucking Cartman's balls, which he pretty much did. I'm glad he realized that he really just needed to stand up to Cartman. Gah that scene was great.

Return to “Spoilers/New Episode Discussion”