*1112: IMAGINATIONLAND Episode III*

Discuss new episodes without ruining them for people in other time zones.

Moderator: Big-Will

iceiwynd

Re: *IMAGINATIONLAND Episode III*

Postby iceiwynd » Thu Nov 01, 2007 4:43 am

HAcoreRD wrote:I just noticed how Butter's survived. He had some energy shield on him, when he flew down in the field to give the men items. Clearly he imagined himself invulnerable, thus only he could survive the nuke.

Oh, really? I guess I missed that bit, since I thought his energy shield had dissipitated by the time the nuke kind of dropped out of nowhere. I'll have to take a look at that again.
Indigo Rose

Postby Indigo Rose » Thu Nov 01, 2007 4:44 am

crazyQH wrote:
HAcoreRD wrote:I just noticed how Butter's survived. He had some energy shield on him, when he flew down in the field to give the men items. Clearly he imagined himself invulnerable, thus only he could survive the nuke.

Also, gotta like how Kyle would almost rather Stan dies than suck Cartman's balls

Funny now as it stands....

Deaths:
Stan: 1
Kyle: 3 (twice here, plus his story death in Christmas Critters)
Cartman: 1
Kenny: a lot

Good work Matt & trey btw ^^

Yeah, I noticed Butter's energy field thing too. A little unrealistic that Butter's would be able to imagine everything exactly back to how it was, but then again, there's nothing really realistic about being trapped in a land of imaginary creatures and being able to make things appear by thinking of them. XD

And I don't really think Kyle would rather have Stan die than suck Cartman's balls. I think he would have sucked his balls if he absolutely needed to, but I think he wanted to find a way to save him and get around sucking Cartman's balls, which he pretty much did. I'm glad he realized that he really just needed to stand up to Cartman. Gah that scene was great.

I agree, I honestly can't think of a better South Park scene off the top of my head. That scene just made me SO happy, seeing Kyle stand up to Cartman was just win.
"Now Kyle, don't fly too close to the sun, or it'll burn your wings, an- and you'll crash into the ocean!"

(Awkward silence)

"Butters Goddamnit!"
S-O-U-T-H-P-A-R-K

Postby S-O-U-T-H-P-A-R-K » Thu Nov 01, 2007 5:25 am

bravo bravo episode 9.4/10 very funny kyle didnt really suck cartmans balls but cartman imagined it was real and everyone saw and laughed at kyle which was funny, al gore was great in this flying around lol and pop i lol was getting raped by woodland critter Christmas, butters - more spinache for pop i and a m16 for Jesus, very good how Cartman dresses up as the Pope, pretty good how butters imagines his dad - ur grounded lol, anyway funny and cool episode
Last edited by S-O-U-T-H-P-A-R-K on Fri Nov 02, 2007 5:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
candies

Postby candies » Thu Nov 01, 2007 6:00 am

Kyle stand up to Cartman has sursprise me once again with the relationship between those two. Kyle won this episode with a 10/10.
Xandir: And the important we are together, Draw toge--(Gets hit by the head)

Mr.Garrison: You go to Hell, You go to Hell and you die!
HeyJo

Postby HeyJo » Thu Nov 01, 2007 6:37 am

I've accepted Butters as being the fourth boy in South Park's current age. And it's perfectly fine like that, really.

Butters is an awesome replacement and should be one of the main boys. He never fails to entertain me, sweet and funny at the same time.
Loved the entire Imaginationland trilogy 10/10.
Billistic

Postby Billistic » Thu Nov 01, 2007 7:57 am

Alright, I've had my first watch, I'll probably watch it another 10 times over the course of the week and scrutinize everything.

Animation is excellent as usual, I'd actually be interested in seeing a south park movie with a budget like the Simpsons movie had. How high quality could they go and still make it look south park....

I have to admit, I was a little disappointed by the whole trilogy ending up being a dig at Gore....

So is man bear ping an allegory for global warming? Is global warming imaginary?

I really liked the conversation they all had in the pentagon about what's real and religion and such. It's too bad a conversation like that would never happen in real life without someone getting really really pissed off at the idea that other people are believing something other than what they believe in.

Cartman did spoil his victory. He really went over board in setting up for his sundae. This points red hot at my theory that Cartman really didn't want him to go through with it.

- BUT -

I now hate Kyle. He's a little sh*t. Remember in the first episode, they were barely in the forest and Kyle was already whining "SEE FAT ASS I TOLD YOU LEPRECHAUNS AREN'T REAL SO PAY UP"

So when it's Kyle's 10 dollars Cartman has to pay up but when it's Kyle's turn he gets to say he doesn't have to owe up to his end of a deal because Cartman didn't care what was happing to butters in imagionationland. That doesn't justify Kyle not paying up.

I'd like to see an episode where Kyle really gets his. Or an episode in the future where Kyle is in a position where he can't move and Cartman takes the opportunity to finally do it to him. Like completely out of the blue.

I'm pretty sure these 3 episodes will be a bid for a couple of awards. Probably win too.

How did the terrorists get into imaginationland? Does this mean they're imaginary as well? Maybe we have a weird fear of them like having to be in a Die Hard situation with them, or being blown up just because you're riding public transit. but the odds of it happening to you are so remote that you really shouldn't worry about it? Even though there's a threat, the odds of it effecting you are 1 in a gabbillion so we should treat it like an imaginary fear like the devil, even though he could/does exist, you probably shouldn't worry about him coming after you?
Big-Will
Board Moderator

Postby Big-Will » Thu Nov 01, 2007 8:17 am

Billistic wrote:I have to admit, I was a little disappointed by the whole trilogy ending up being a dig at Gore....

So is man bear ping an allegory for global warming? Is global warming imaginary?

You might think so, but Gore can't do anything about global warming. He can't destroy it like he did ManBearPig and Imaginationland, and if he could destroy it we wouldn't be having any conversations about global warming right now. No, Gore is trying to raise awareness about global warming, urging each of us to do a little part in slowing it down.

MnT's dig is that he's making too much out of it, a mountain out of a molehill. There have been global warmings and global coolings before, and there's not much reason to think this one will be all that different from the others.
The South Park Scriptorium
The South Park Scriptorium on Facebook

Favorite Character: Butters
Need to look for something on the board? Use the search links below: US version
Indigo Rose

Postby Indigo Rose » Thu Nov 01, 2007 8:23 am

Billistic wrote:I now hate Kyle. He's a little sh*t. Remember in the first episode, they were barely in the forest and Kyle was already whining "SEE FAT ASS I TOLD YOU LEPRECHAUNS AREN'T REAL SO PAY UP"

So when it's Kyle's 10 dollars Cartman has to pay up but when it's Kyle's turn he gets to say he doesn't have to owe up to his end of a deal because Cartman didn't care what was happing to butters in imagionationland. That doesn't justify Kyle not paying up.

I'd like to see an episode where Kyle really gets his. Or an episode in the future where Kyle is in a position where he can't move and Cartman takes the opportunity to finally do it to him. Like completely out of the blue.

Dude, there's a BIG difference between paying ten bucks and sucking some one's balls. And Kyle has lost to Cartman before. See "Cartmanland" and "Red Hot Catholic Love."
"Now Kyle, don't fly too close to the sun, or it'll burn your wings, an- and you'll crash into the ocean!"

(Awkward silence)

"Butters Goddamnit!"
patrickov

Postby patrickov » Thu Nov 01, 2007 8:59 am

Half of the episode is spent on Kyle struggling to get back to the Pentagon, and Butters struggling to use his imagination power. Fun, yet not the top notch.

This episode is successful on offering a minor but still attention-drawing role for Cartman, as well as a good spoof on Al Gore.

Ending is hilarious: Mr and Mrs Stotch acknowledged what their son had done, yet they grounded him for not carrying out a promise. Sadly Butters is no longer the goody-goody we heard of, as he swore about his treatment (an uncensored "sh*t"!). He must be after Cartman for too long!

My rate: First half 7.5/10, latter half 8.5/10, ending 9.5/10, average score 8.2/10
A Chinese Butters wearing a Bavarian shirt
kingsnakeX

Postby kingsnakeX » Thu Nov 01, 2007 12:29 pm

this episode(trioology) was meant to be this way. By the way M&T tried to change sh*t every 3 seconds. The actions part III can tell you that there were at least 3 different outcomes to an ending. If you didnt get then your a retard. The true actual ending would have been a "nuclear" winter in Imagationland. The whole butters thing with powers was just some rushed up sh*t they must of done at the last minute. It didnt seem that it was in the actual production.
I'm the crawling king snake and I rule my den.
-Jim Morrison
kingsnakeX

Postby kingsnakeX » Thu Nov 01, 2007 12:30 pm

patrickov wrote:Half of the episode is spent on Kyle struggling to get back to the Pentagon, and Butters struggling to use his imagination power. Fun, yet not the top notch.

This episode is successful on offering a minor but still attention-drawing role for Cartman, as well as a good spoof on Al Gore.

Ending is hilarious: Mr and Mrs Stotch acknowledged what their son had done, yet they grounded him for not carrying out a promise. Sadly Butters is no longer the goody-goody we heard of, as he swore about his treatment (an uncensored "sh*t"!). He must be after Cartman for too long!

My rate: First half 7.5/10, latter half 8.5/10, ending 9.5/10, average score 8.2/10

you are a retard , if you like this triology. It sucked @$$ big time. It just focus on 2 people the whole damm time. Their was not that much action. You are a F*cking idoit.
I'm the crawling king snake and I rule my den.
-Jim Morrison
BlythyVXR

Postby BlythyVXR » Thu Nov 01, 2007 12:55 pm

you are a retard , if you like this triology. It sucked @$$ big time. It just focus on 2 people the whole damm time. Their was not that much action. You are a F*cking idoit.

you're an angry, angry man.

Was a cool episode, yet a little bit anticlimatic - I was holding off for a showdown between butters and professor chaos.
eatmydeaduterus

Postby eatmydeaduterus » Thu Nov 01, 2007 3:23 pm

The expression on imaginary Kyle's face at the end? Too funny. Don't really want to dissect the episode so all I'm going to say is why couldn't the ending of Matrix Revolutions been that good?
OPL

Postby OPL » Thu Nov 01, 2007 3:52 pm

kingsnakeX wrote:you are a retard , if you like this triology. It sucked @$$ big time. It just focus on 2 people the whole damm time. Their was not that much action. You are a F*cking idoit.

I save my comments on someone saying "idoit" insulting anyone else's intelligence for another day.

Anyway. I loved this trilogy. Awesome, awesome stuff. I wish Kyle had seen footage of Manbearpig attacking him. That would've provoked some awkward conversation, no?

Kyle standing up to Cartman did it for me here, I must admit. I've been waiting... waiting... and FINALLY he sticks up for himself. It was a good one, too, how he'd spend the rest of his life in jail before he sucked his balls. Cartman was speechless. Best part of the episode, for me. Also, the repeated jumping through the window -- especially when Kyle did it later on -- was great.

"How do children break into the Pentagon so easily?" That made me laugh. Other quotes: "...Am I real?" Classic stuff, gotta appreciate that (the whole scene was LOL quality). Butters' "sh*t" at the end. That scene was giggle-worthy as well. Grounded again... we should've seen that coming.

As for the ball-sucking sequence, whether the dirty deed is real or not is purely... left up to our imagination. Did you expect anything different from them, honestly? I prefer to think of it as imaginary, but it was a funny scene, even for a Kyle fan.

I'd say the only thing I disliked is Stan's lack of a major role (same with Kenny, but that's a whole other issue). I was really looking forward to Stan and Butters opening up some whoop-ass, but Stan just talked to Kyle and watched Butters be awesome. Oh, well, can't get everything.

This episode gets a 9/10, and the trilogy gets a perfect 10/10. Great, great, great.
"...But then, the lesson of Gore's Nobel Prize is that to talk big but do nothing of substance is what society rewards." -TMQ, ESPN Page 2
Thrawny

Postby Thrawny » Thu Nov 01, 2007 3:56 pm

HeyJo wrote:
I've accepted Butters as being the fourth boy in South Park's current age. And it's perfectly fine like that, really.

Butters is an awesome replacement and should be one of the main boys. He never fails to entertain me, sweet and funny at the same time.
Loved the entire Imaginationland trilogy 10/10.

I'm glad you guys have finally accepted this. In the end, hes much more fun then Kenny.

The strong side of Butters finally came out this series, glad to finally see it.
--------------------

Thrawny

Return to “Spoilers/New Episode Discussion”