*1112: IMAGINATIONLAND Episode III*

Discuss new episodes without ruining them for people in other time zones.

Moderator: Big-Will

Zubby

Re: *IMAGINATIONLAND Episode III*

Postby Zubby » Thu Nov 01, 2007 4:15 pm

Thrawny wrote:
HeyJo wrote:
I've accepted Butters as being the fourth boy in South Park's current age. And it's perfectly fine like that, really.

Butters is an awesome replacement and should be one of the main boys. He never fails to entertain me, sweet and funny at the same time.
Loved the entire Imaginationland trilogy 10/10.

I'm glad you guys have finally accepted this. In the end, hes much more fun then Kenny.

The strong side of Butters finally came out this series, glad to finally see it.

I agree completely. I think Butters is a great charecter, and would work really well as a main charecter. Problem is, I have an emotional attachment to Kenny equal to the attachment I have to Kyle and Stan. After years of watching him, it's hard to just forget he exists.
Zubby
BRMBug

Postby BRMBug » Thu Nov 01, 2007 4:28 pm

Kyle really needs to get conference-imagining. I love it when Cartman randomly crashes through windows, and it was even funnier when Kyle did it.
...You know, I don't really understand if MBP was dreamt up by Gore, or someone else, and he just latched on to it. Perhaps that's a discussion for one of the MBP threads though.
I also liked it when Kyle was talking to Stan in his imagination, in the hospital.
K- Stan, dude is that you?
S- Kyle? Where are you, I don't see you.
K- No, I'm not there, I'm in a hospital. I'm hearing you in my imagination.
S- Oh that makes sense.
:roll: :lol:
And poor Kyle, having to go and stand with those protesters.
Oh, and I don't remember the Cavity Creeps. Maybe it was before my time.
Also, imaginary Kyle looks really creepy with that smile... doing what he doing and all.
Big-Will
Board Moderator

Postby Big-Will » Thu Nov 01, 2007 4:34 pm

BRMBug wrote:...You know, I don't really understand if MBP was dreamt up by Gore, or someone else, and he just latched on to it. Perhaps that's a discussion for one of the MBP threads though.

Al Gore thought him up, dressing up like him in "ManBearPig" to try to scare the boys, but they didn't buy it. Gore probably thought up the way he looks now, too.
The South Park Scriptorium
The South Park Scriptorium on Facebook

Favorite Character: Butters
Need to look for something on the board? Use the search links below: US version
Indigo Rose

Postby Indigo Rose » Thu Nov 01, 2007 4:37 pm

Thrawny wrote:
HeyJo wrote:
I've accepted Butters as being the fourth boy in South Park's current age. And it's perfectly fine like that, really.

Butters is an awesome replacement and should be one of the main boys. He never fails to entertain me, sweet and funny at the same time.
Loved the entire Imaginationland trilogy 10/10.

I'm glad you guys have finally accepted this. In the end, hes much more fun then Kenny.

The strong side of Butters finally came out this series, glad to finally see it.

The problem is, I love Butters but he's WAY too different from Kenny to just "replace" him. I'm happy that Butters is getting bigger parts, but I still miss Kenny's character.
"Now Kyle, don't fly too close to the sun, or it'll burn your wings, an- and you'll crash into the ocean!"

(Awkward silence)

"Butters Goddamnit!"

Postby 203177 » Thu Nov 01, 2007 4:54 pm

i just watched it not too long ago. It was okay but I'm going to have to say that part 1 and 2 were better. I really enjoyed al gore in that episode..and kyle was talking to stan in his imagination..but the ending was kinda weird too. But i liked it when butters kept using his imagination and all these characters kept showing up. Overall i would give it a 8/10.

Code:
[IMG]http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a149/Edduyasha/NumbersCommission.j
My favorite sp characters: Bridon(he's so cute!)
Kyle,Stan, Kenny/Mysterion.

Fave ep: ESM Season 12,Sec fave: Butterballs Season 16
patrickov

Postby patrickov » Thu Nov 01, 2007 4:59 pm

kingsnakeX wrote:
patrickov wrote:Half of the episode is spent on Kyle struggling to get back to the Pentagon, and Butters struggling to use his imagination power. Fun, yet not the top notch.

This episode is successful on offering a minor but still attention-drawing role for Cartman, as well as a good spoof on Al Gore.

Ending is hilarious: Mr and Mrs Stotch acknowledged what their son had done, yet they grounded him for not carrying out a promise. Sadly Butters is no longer the goody-goody we heard of, as he swore about his treatment (an uncensored "sh*t"!). He must be after Cartman for too long!

My rate: First half 7.5/10, latter half 8.5/10, ending 9.5/10, average score 8.2/10

you are a retard , if you like this triology. It sucked @$$ big time. It just focus on 2 people the whole damm time. Their was not that much action. You are a F*cking idoit.

Dude, if that's what you think, I believe that you are pretty much criticizing against someone least retarded in your standard :santa:
A Chinese Butters wearing a Bavarian shirt
Thrawny

Postby Thrawny » Thu Nov 01, 2007 5:46 pm

Indigo Rose wrote:The problem is, I love Butters but he's WAY too different from Kenny to just "replace" him. I'm happy that Butters is getting bigger parts, but I still miss Kenny's character.

I still like Kenny being around because he always has been there. But has been one of the most useless characters on the show, he retains his position as a main character out of just tradition. Butters is the real 4th kid.
--------------------

Thrawny
Zubby

Postby Zubby » Thu Nov 01, 2007 6:29 pm

BRMBug wrote:Oh, and I don't remember the Cavity Creeps. Maybe it was before my time.

I think those commercials were in the late '70's or maybe as late as the mid '80's. Anyone out there know?

BRMBug wrote:Also, imaginary Kyle looks really creepy with that smile... doing what he doing and all.

Well, he was obviously imagined to really enloy what he was doing!
Zubby
Aym_Dand

Postby Aym_Dand » Thu Nov 01, 2007 7:25 pm

I loved Jesus' battle hair.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=nSD-Tk0Z3zI

http://www.gonefiction.com
KyleSchwartz#1

Postby KyleSchwartz#1 » Thu Nov 01, 2007 7:35 pm

I've gotta give the trilogy a 9/10. This trilogy was way better than the second episode of the season (the crap episode). I'm glad they got back on track.

I thought all the Al Gore stuff was funny, even though I don't agree with their beef against him. Matt and Trey have a way of being funny even if you don't agree with their propaganda. :assface:
ximena949

Postby ximena949 » Thu Nov 01, 2007 7:38 pm

I got a question...when Butters parents said hes grounded,Butters said:No im not,when he said that immediatily the comedy central logo dissappeared.
Anybody saw that?
Its kind of weird! :roll:
termsofuse

Postby termsofuse » Thu Nov 01, 2007 7:49 pm

I still like Kenny being around because he always has been there. But has been one of the most useless characters on the show, he retains his position as a main character out of just tradition. Butters is the real 4th kid.[/quote]

Kenny saved the Jews for goodness sake! That is why Moses likes macaroni pictures and it makes Kenny one of the most beloved characters in South Park!
Butters has become a very important 5th character and in the latest episode Butters re-creates the entire Universe with his imagination putting him in the same league as God! -Oh hamburgers!
DevilAngel16

Postby DevilAngel16 » Thu Nov 01, 2007 8:09 pm

A wonderful conclusion to an overall amazing trilogy. Stan wasn’t used as much as I was hoping he’d be, but at least he had some decent interaction with Kyle in a few scenes. I liked the fact that they were able to communicate to each other through Kyle’s imagination. I just thought it was cool.

I was also glad that Al Gore only showed up a couple of times. He did have an important role though, since he was the one who nuked Imaginationland. But seeing him flying around with that cape of his was enough to make me laugh. XD

And the Cartman/Kyle interaction was brilliant, as expected. I was getting kinda nervous when Cartman got really pissed off at Kyle and swore that he’d suck his balls before everything was over. But, like the rest of you, I absolutely loved the scene when Kyle told off Cartman. It was just great. XD Kyle’s awesome when he’s pissed off.

But…was anyone else disappointed that they didn’t even mention the fact that Cartman saved Kyle’s life in the previous episode? ‘Cause I was. I was looking forward to seeing Kyle’s reaction to that. It would’ve been interesting.

But anyway, I also liked that scene when those imaginary characters were talking to Kyle in his head. “Oh, God’s here too. He’s gonna speak to you right after Captain Crunch.” (or something.) That made me laugh.

I also laughed at that one line the Pentagon guy said, “How is it that children are able to break into the Pentagon so easily?” XDD Their conversation on what’s real and what’s imaginary was great too. And the whole repetition of that “sector two” thing. And also Cartman breaking through the window yet again. I thought it was even funnier when Kyle did it.

Anyway…I was confused when Imaginationland got nuked and all they showed was Butters walking on a white screen. I was thinking to myself, “Okay…now what?” I was happy to see that he managed to imagine all of Imaginationland back though. Butters had a phenomenal role throughout this entire trilogy.

Oh yeah, I can’t forget to mention the ball sucking thing. I was just glad that the real Kyle didn’t really suck Cartman’s balls. I mean, I guess Cartman kinda won since imaginary Kyle sucked his imaginary balls, and he could argue that it was real since they already proved that all imaginary things are in fact real. But whatever. At least they didn’t show it. I would’ve been scarred if they did.

So, um, yeah. Also, the ending wasn’t as crazy as I thought it’d be, but the fact that Butters randomly said “sh*t” uncensored was a bit of a surprise. XD And I agree with those of you who said that it wasn’t all a dream, because as Butters’ dad said, it all really did happen. It would’ve been too predictable if it had all been a dream, and since when are Matt and Trey ever predictable?

But, to summarize this long ass post, I thought this trilogy was freaking epic. It would’ve been an amazing movie had they actually turned it into one. I’m sooo buying all three of these episodes on iTunes so I can watch them on my iPod over and over again. :D
swellman7

Postby swellman7 » Thu Nov 01, 2007 8:21 pm

"Now, what else would go on my sundae? Oh, that's right. MY BALLS." :cartmanlaugh:

Great episode. Great trilogy. Good job guys.
McCormick Fan

Postby McCormick Fan » Thu Nov 01, 2007 9:24 pm

Brilliant ending to the trilogy!

Though, i wanted to see Stan fight the Woodland Critters!
The Most Under-Rated FanFic Writer since "Cyberdemons on Holiday" was banned.

Return to “Spoilers/New Episode Discussion”