*1112: IMAGINATIONLAND Episode III*

Discuss new episodes without ruining them for people in other time zones.

Moderator: Big-Will

Big-Will
Board Moderator

Re: *IMAGINATIONLAND Episode III*

Postby Big-Will » Fri Nov 02, 2007 5:09 am

Wow, this trilogy is the most polarizing thing to have happened to the South Park fan base in a while, from the smoothness and detail of the animation to the continuing jabs at Al Gore to the lack of Kenny to the lack of originality. I'm glad there are just two more episodes left for this season and we can all cool off. ...and prepare to do battle next March when season 12 starts! :mrgreen:
The South Park Scriptorium
The South Park Scriptorium on Facebook

Favorite Character: Butters
Need to look for something on the board? Use the search links below: US version
S-O-U-T-H-P-A-R-K

Postby S-O-U-T-H-P-A-R-K » Fri Nov 02, 2007 5:58 am

candies wrote:Kyle stand up to Cartman has sursprise me once again with the relationship between those two. Kyle won this episode with a 10/10.

kyle didnt win at the end everyone laughed at him, he lost coz he sed imaginationland is real and then cartman imagined so kyle didnt win
Zubby

Postby Zubby » Fri Nov 02, 2007 6:30 am

crazyQH wrote:A random thing about this episode, I think the part where Butters was the only one left, and he was just there with the white screen, that was..really weird. I liked it, and I'm glad it panned out how it did, but at first I was really like, "WTF?"

That scene reminds me of something, but I can't quite put my finger on it. Maybe it's a parody of a scene from a movie?
It's a little similar to a scene in a Futurama episode (I'll have to look up which one), but it reminds me of something else as well.

S-O-U-T-H-P-A-R-K wrote:
candies wrote:Kyle stand up to Cartman has sursprise me once again with the relationship between those two. Kyle won this episode with a 10/10.

kyle didnt win at the end everyone laughed at him, he lost coz he sed imaginationland is real and then cartman imagined so kyle didnt win

It's a little ambiguous, which is what makes it a good scene. My take is that it's more a metaphorical sucking than a real one. Yes, Kyle said Imaginationland is real, but he didn't mean that literally. Everyone was laughing at "Kyle", not Kyle.
I'm willing to call it a draw. Neither Kyle or Cartman won. Kyle didn't do any sucking, however, that's prety clear.
Zubby
kingsnakeX

Postby kingsnakeX » Fri Nov 02, 2007 12:31 pm

Was there a definite reason for the f*cking "costumes"? If you dont know what I'm talking about then your a retard
I'm the crawling king snake and I rule my den.
-Jim Morrison
ushankasrockmysocks

Postby ushankasrockmysocks » Fri Nov 02, 2007 2:03 pm

Did anyone else notice how Kyle's speech about real vs. imaginary (and some random guy's asking, "Am I real?") refers back to, and fits perfectly with, the "Tooth Fairy Tats" episode from season 4, where Kyle keeps questioning whether or not anything (including himself) is real, and winds up making himself disappear and altering reality.

In that episode, it seems that neither Kyle nor the rest of the world is quite so real as it seems to be, as Kyle manages to alter reality, and himself, with the power of his thoughts - his imagination. He spends the whole ep wondering whether or not anything is real.

In Imaginationland, it appears that he has finally decided on his answer to the question. There is no real boundary between real and imagination, he says.
Having experienced his own cosmic disappearance in season 4, using his power of imagination to alter "the real world," he would probably know that better than anyone!

The only thing that doesn't fit in the logic of the show is the fact that Kyle manages to alter "reality" outside of Imaginationland, whereas Butters is told by his parents that that is impossible. I doubt Trey and Matt really considered this, but if we consider these two episodes together, perhaps Butters' attempt to use his imagination in the real world is not so impossible as he thinks.
Sgt. Sarge

Postby Sgt. Sarge » Fri Nov 02, 2007 3:46 pm

Nice Episode...
Yosh! Life is good cause I want it that way.
Big-Will
Board Moderator

Postby Big-Will » Fri Nov 02, 2007 6:02 pm

kingsnakeX wrote:Was there a definite reason for the f*cking "costumes"? If you dont know what I'm talking about then your a retard

Copyright issues, maybe? In Cartman's case, they represent people who've oppressed the Jews over the years:
sultan - Arabs
king - Europeans
pope - Christians
The South Park Scriptorium
The South Park Scriptorium on Facebook

Favorite Character: Butters
Need to look for something on the board? Use the search links below: US version
REMEMBERMEWHENIWAS

Postby REMEMBERMEWHENIWAS » Fri Nov 02, 2007 6:23 pm

Cartman was problee in the Halloween spirt.
BRMBug

Postby BRMBug » Fri Nov 02, 2007 9:26 pm

kingsnakeX wrote:Was there a definite reason for the f*cking "costumes"? If you dont know what I'm talking about then your a retard

I'm thinking some sort of power trip.
kingsnakeX

Postby kingsnakeX » Fri Nov 02, 2007 9:41 pm

Big-Will wrote:

Copyright issues, maybe? In Cartman's case, they represent people who've oppressed the Jews over the years:
sultan - Arabs
king - Europeans
pope - Christians

Oh yeah , dude your right

I thought it ment like "power" . Like the costumes were symbols of power ; sultan, king, and a pope. The trilogy didnt make not a single dammn mention of why the hell was there the costumes for. Big Will I get your point your explananation of sultan(arab), king(european), pope(Christian) are all groups that prosecuted Jews in history. Was that really the symbolism in the episode.
-Jim Morrison
kingsnakeX

Postby kingsnakeX » Fri Nov 02, 2007 9:46 pm

The ending was a little f*cked. Everyone should haver been dead . I dont get how the f*ck Butters survied "Nuclear Winter" after a "Hirroshima" aka Nuke Bombing. A nuke is like 25x the power of Hirroshima. The ending the setting ; in white was ment to be that reality was f*cked. Meaning it ended it was gone. I dont get how Butters could restore Imagination Land after being dead for at least 3 secons. Thats better weird , how the creatos(Matt and Trey) killed off their "jems" for 3 seconds and then bring them back to life. I bet that was part of a back -up plan they had in store for everyone just in case we started to bitch about the "deaths" in Part III
-Jim Morrison
Uncle Alex

Postby Uncle Alex » Fri Nov 02, 2007 9:50 pm

C'est un chef-d'oeuvre. The whole trilogy is a real masterpiece I didn't even expect to see after episodes 1108 and 1109. After parts 1 and 2 I wondered how will M&T lead such a twisted plot line to its ending. And they've done it brilliantly, I'd say. So I certainly won't consider this season a flop even if the last eps are gonna be bad.

P.S. And Butters rocks, too :wink:
Last edited by Uncle Alex on Fri Nov 02, 2007 10:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Shtaad, boded but shtaad ©
ShaneHaughey

Postby ShaneHaughey » Fri Nov 02, 2007 10:01 pm

kingsnakeX wrote:The ending was a little f*cked. Everyone should haver been dead . I dont get how the f*ck Butters survied "Nuclear Winter" after a "Hirroshima" aka Nuke Bombing. A nuke is like 25x the power of Hirroshima. The ending the setting ; in white was ment to be that reality was f*cked. Meaning it ended it was gone. I dont get how Butters could restore Imagination Land after being dead for at least 3 secons. Thats better weird , how the creatos(Matt and Trey) killed off their "jems" for 3 seconds and then bring them back to life. I bet that was part of a back -up plan they had in store for everyone just in case we started to bitch about the "deaths" in Part III

Despite your poor spelling, I get what you are saying. It is entirely odd how only Butters survived- which lends credence to the whole, "This was actually a dream." theory.
That's how it's down here on the farm!
Infusions

Postby Infusions » Fri Nov 02, 2007 10:02 pm

kingsnakeX wrote:The ending was a little f*cked. Everyone should haver been dead . I dont get how the f*ck Butters survied "Nuclear Winter" after a "Hirroshima" aka Nuke Bombing. A nuke is like 25x the power of Hirroshima. The ending the setting ; in white was ment to be that reality was f*cked. Meaning it ended it was gone. I dont get how Butters could restore Imagination Land after being dead for at least 3 secons. Thats better weird , how the creatos(Matt and Trey) killed off their "jems" for 3 seconds and then bring them back to life. I bet that was part of a back -up plan they had in store for everyone just in case we started to bitch about the "deaths" in Part III

You're.

You're not making any sense.

And I don't even want to begin to joke on how I don't want to know what a "Jem" is, even though I know it's a typo of "Gem".
What's the difference between a 7-11 and a smurf?

A 7-11 is a 24-hour convenience store and a smurf is a small blue fictional cartoon character.
Zubby

Postby Zubby » Fri Nov 02, 2007 10:56 pm

In a show where a talking turd kisses children at Christmas, a towel gets high, the entire Earth is an alien reality show, a main charecter dies gruesomely in nearly every episode of the first five seasons yet is alive and safe the following week, and hundreds of other inexplicable things have happened, you're complaining that this ending isn't plausible?
Zubby

Return to “Spoilers/New Episode Discussion”