*1113: GUITAR QUEER-O*

Discuss new episodes without ruining them for people in other time zones.

Moderator: Big-Will

symonfrost

Re: *1113: GUITAR QUEER-O*

Postby symonfrost » Thu Nov 08, 2007 3:32 am

Great Episode!

I love how Trey and Matt can find the truth in everything!
sublime90

Postby sublime90 » Thu Nov 08, 2007 3:33 am

that was awesome lol, randy is the best, sneaking down stairs at night to try and play it. "congratulations, you are fags" lol
triplemultiplex

Postby triplemultiplex » Thu Nov 08, 2007 3:36 am

Well I liked the ending, but they didn't go out strong. The F.A.G.s ending wasn't a funny enough payoff. Still a strong Stan-Kyle story, though.

But damn, they must've spent a fortune on music for this episode. There must be at least $100,000 worth of songs in this one. Great sound track.

After our Imaginationland trilogy, this was a lot more down to earth, despite the whole Behind the Music aspect. At it's core, it was Stan & Kyle's friendship surviving a difficult challenge. Good job, fellas.
Last edited by triplemultiplex on Thu Nov 08, 2007 3:37 am, edited 1 time in total.

You read it! You can't unread it!
Indigo Rose

Postby Indigo Rose » Thu Nov 08, 2007 3:37 am

Oh wow, I think I heard it! Right when Stan said "I need you" to Kyle, there was this strange static that lasted until the end of the episode. I think it was the Fangirl Squee. If so, it was the greatest and most powerful Squee I have ever encountered. Nice episode, VERY nice episode, with quite a few moments that I don't doubt were tailor-made to the fangirls.

Also: Fresca is the most awesome drink ever. I'm glad this was finally recognized.
"Now Kyle, don't fly too close to the sun, or it'll burn your wings, an- and you'll crash into the ocean!"

(Awkward silence)

"Butters Goddamnit!"
SouthPark_Girl

Postby SouthPark_Girl » Thu Nov 08, 2007 3:41 am

I loved that episode!
I loved the part when Randy went down stairs to play with Guitar Hero and he sucked at it. And the plastic Guitar hardly fitted him :lol:

and i also loved the part when stan played
"Heroin Hero"
You havt to catch the dragon, but you never catch it :lol:
and
The ending when Stan and Kyle got a million points and the game said
"Congratulation's! You. Are. FAGS! :lol:

and i also like the part when stans dad was playing Heroin Hero :lol:

I know i like lots of parts :roll:
I give this episode 10/10. It was really funny, clever, and freaking hilarious.
"Catch the Dragon! :o Youll never catch it."
Kenny is SEXY, Kyle is YUMMY, Stan is CUTE and Cartmans UGLY. XD
ShaneHaughey

Postby ShaneHaughey » Thu Nov 08, 2007 3:46 am

I doubt they put in anything in their scripts to please anyone other than themselves.:P
That's how it's down here on the farm!
ClownCarOnFire

Postby ClownCarOnFire » Thu Nov 08, 2007 3:46 am

This episode was great. Our waiting payed off, at least to me it did.

I smell fanaaaaaart >:3
Drink Up Me Hearties, YoHo~
Indigo Rose

Postby Indigo Rose » Thu Nov 08, 2007 3:47 am

ShaneHaughey wrote:I doubt they put in anything in their scripts to please anyone other than themselves.:P

True, but if they said they put some fan-pleasers in this one, I wouldn't doubt them.
"Now Kyle, don't fly too close to the sun, or it'll burn your wings, an- and you'll crash into the ocean!"

(Awkward silence)

"Butters Goddamnit!"
Edduyasha

Postby Edduyasha » Thu Nov 08, 2007 3:47 am

Indigo Rose wrote:Oh wow, I think I heard it! Right when Stan said "I need you" to Kyle, there was this strange static that lasted until the end of the episode. I think it was the Fangirl Squee. If so, it was the greatest and most powerful Squee I have ever encountered. Nice episode, VERY nice episode, with quite a few moments that I don't doubt were tailor-made to the fangirls.

Also: Fresca is the most awesome drink ever. I'm glad this was finally recognized.

The friendship scenes were so awesome!

Randy's singing there was really funny...reminds me of my horrible renditions of songs when I'm playing guitar and singing...

:cartmanlaugh:

I love Stan's downfall, it mirrors the downfall and crash of many musicians (ex: Ozzy Osbourne when he got kicked out of Black Sabbath before he went solo), and the final get-together with Kyle was so sweet...

The end was intresting...Cartman and Butters are the first up to snatch up the controllers after the game announces that Stan and Kyle are f*gs...

:|

Overall, 8/10. It was pretty sweet considering the Stan/Kyle interaction, but the celebrity drag-ins that lasted for a bit throught the episode just weren't that great for me. It was a good cool-down from all the Imaginationland shenanigans from the past three weeks, and they featured some pretty good music on there.

^ ^;
Goodbye, cruel world...
I'm leaving you today
Goodbye, goodbye, goodbye...

Goodbye, all you people
There's nothing you can say
To make me change my mind...
Goodbye...

- Pink Floyd (The Wall, 1979)
OPL

Postby OPL » Thu Nov 08, 2007 3:48 am

Alright... RUNNING GUITAR QUEER-O JOURNAL! Woo. Getting to the end of Fantastic Easter Special... goddammit with the hippitus-hoppitus song. Stan's bunny ears are sooo cuh-yute.

Theme song time... and now we just have to wait for the other end of the comercial... hm. Assassin's Creed looks pretty gay. Some queers in weird robes.

HOORAY! Randy makes me laugh all the time, love how he sucks at the game... Jay Cutler (cackle)... um... no, Kyle, don't go get the other guitar - goddammit. Manager douche. Thad Jarvis...? I love John the Fisherman. Just throwing that out there. Aw... poor Kyle... Stan's an ass... hit him with the guitar, Kyle! Cartman's such a fatass.

Okay, 'nother commercial break. And we're back... Heroin Hero. Oh, my, God. I love Matt and Trey with all my soul. Heroin Hero. I wanna be sedated!!! Poooor poor Kyle, how I still love thee.... why does Cartman want Stan to succeed? This worries me beyond reasonable thought... Stan's getting what he deserves for being a butt-munching-Kyle-ditcher. Heroin Hero is still making me giggle, this commercial break is a needed time out.

Rehab Hero... my lord. Stan looks weird sitting there, head tilted down and such. He should probably be looking at the screen while he drives... way to practice safe driving skills.... that's right Stan, grovel at the great Kyle's feet! Royal lordship, hehe.

Stan. Needs. Kyle. My, God, what the slash writers will do with that makes me fear for my life. Hell... even I emitted a high pitched noise that I hadn't known was possible for me to formulate, along with kicking my legs like a happy 5-year-old and squeezing my pillow so tight some fluff might have popped out. I may have to - goddamn that dragon. I'm going to have nightmares of that thing. "You're never going to catch the damn dragon!" or something along those lines... either way, ha. Come on Kenny, say something! Something, damn you! Screw.

"You. Are. F*gs!" Weird ending, eh? Weird episode, which are the best kinds. I loved it... got some great Kyle shots in, and he's not playing protagonist to Cartman's diabolic schemes! Stan always seems to be getting swept up in hype and fads, maybe he's learned his lesson - never take someone as sexy as Kyle for granted. I forgot to count my squeals. Ah, well.

9.5/10, 3.5 of that probably for Stan needing Kyle. Hey, we all love us some M&T torturing the slash writers =)
"...But then, the lesson of Gore's Nobel Prize is that to talk big but do nothing of substance is what society rewards." -TMQ, ESPN Page 2
Tofu

Postby Tofu » Thu Nov 08, 2007 3:49 am

Being a Stan/Kyle fangirl, I read into that episode very differently than the typical fan who doesn't slash them would... but oh man. Loved it.

Even putting the jilted lover vibes aside, heroine hero? The dead-seriousness of everything? The bar scenes with Kyle?

Loved it. Loved it. Loved it.
Come on, people, let's be people now!
Hybrid-people-driving people now!
Come on, everybody be people now!
archie3887

Postby archie3887 » Thu Nov 08, 2007 3:52 am

what's the name of the song that kyle is playing in the bowling alley when stan comes to make up with him?
Mrhand

Postby Mrhand » Thu Nov 08, 2007 3:53 am

it was good a nice way to follow up from the last three weeks.
Miko hanyou

Postby Miko hanyou » Thu Nov 08, 2007 3:54 am

I wanna play Heroin Hero!

What was really funny is when Stan was playing the racing game and after thinking about him and kyle(that's cute :D) he 'backed' the car up. I was like WTF?!? That was awesome.
Last edited by Miko hanyou on Thu Nov 08, 2007 4:00 am, edited 2 times in total.
kfgg

Postby kfgg » Thu Nov 08, 2007 3:56 am

Only songs I could recognize were Kansas - Carry On My Wayward Son and Skid Row - I Remember You
Stan and Kyle :)

Return to “Spoilers/New Episode Discussion”