*1113: GUITAR QUEER-O*

Discuss new episodes without ruining them for people in other time zones.

Moderator: Big-Will

CartmanMills

Re: *1113: GUITAR QUEER-O*

Postby CartmanMills » Thu Nov 08, 2007 1:49 pm

I didn't really like this episode.. felt it was lacking in terms of humour. But in terms of story? Not bad, I guess. The stuff with Stan being buzzed out was kinda sad along with the "I need you" line. Certainly didn't strike me as a good South Park episode, though. If you want good voice acting in South Park, I'd take the Cartman trying to save Kyle. This episode just didn't stand out for me. Hopefully, the next one will be better.
jenlars

Postby jenlars » Thu Nov 08, 2007 2:48 pm

As a Matt-centric fan, I interpreted this episode to be a response to all those people who always ask, "What does Matt do?!" (see imdb boards, etc)...maybe I read too much into it, but I'll happily believe this was Trey saying he needs Matt, even if on the surface Trey is the one who "does" more.
Unicorns are kick ass!
eatmydeaduterus

Postby eatmydeaduterus » Thu Nov 08, 2007 2:50 pm

I never know where to look when men show their emotions, and I think there was something very personal being stated...but still, very nice episode. With some very pointed Kenny shots I thought.
blues rocker

Postby blues rocker » Thu Nov 08, 2007 2:59 pm

not a bad episode...it was more a "statement" episode than a funny one.

it was just a chance for them to make fun of guitar hero and how ridiculous the whole concept of it is - if you're going to spend that much time playing a guitar game, you might as well just learn to play a real guitar....haha.

not many really funny parts, but the story was good and it was well executed.

i give it a 7 out of 10
strumpfhose

Postby strumpfhose » Thu Nov 08, 2007 3:33 pm

jenlars wrote:As a Matt-centric fan, I interpreted this episode to be a response to all those people who always ask, "What does Matt do?!" (see imdb boards, etc)...maybe I read too much into it, but I'll happily believe this was Trey saying he needs Matt, even if on the surface Trey is the one who "does" more.

Can't remember what program it was (Letterman or Kimmel or one of those ayways...) where Trey was the guest by himself for the first time in '98, without Matt. And he said "I'm nothing without Matt". I thought that was pretty touching, although he said it kinda jokingly...

I think that episode was pretty clever and weirdly believable and very solid as a story. Still, I agree that it lacked the humor. Wasn't exactly hilarious.
nineone14peace

Postby nineone14peace » Thu Nov 08, 2007 3:44 pm

CartmanMills wrote:I didn't really like this episode.. felt it was lacking in terms of humour. But in terms of story? Not bad, I guess. The stuff with Stan being buzzed out was kinda sad along with the "I need you" line. Certainly didn't strike me as a good South Park episode, though. If you want good voice acting in South Park, I'd take the Cartman trying to save Kyle. This episode just didn't stand out for me. Hopefully, the next one will be better.

I agree. It had it's moments, but overall I was a bit disappointed myself. I loved the end tho. LAWL. :twisted:
MedusaSpaceJew

Postby MedusaSpaceJew » Thu Nov 08, 2007 3:56 pm

They should put some Cartmans action.Otherwise it's not fun :roll:
WoodlandBear

Re: [b]GUITAR QUEER-O[/b]

Postby WoodlandBear » Thu Nov 08, 2007 4:05 pm

KillingKenny666 wrote:This must be funny. Usually when I see what the episode is about, I know if it's funny or not.
Well why do we need anything else when we have you? Thank god for KillingKenny666 since he is so smart and knows what is good and bad!! *sigh* get bent bellend!!
"maybe you should go to concentration camp!"
Indigo Rose

Postby Indigo Rose » Thu Nov 08, 2007 4:10 pm

This may seem a little off topic, but I wonder if Matt or Trey really like Fresca. It seems like a pretty random soda to use. (It is seriously, really really good though.)
"Now Kyle, don't fly too close to the sun, or it'll burn your wings, an- and you'll crash into the ocean!"

(Awkward silence)

"Butters Goddamnit!"
James--76

Postby James--76 » Thu Nov 08, 2007 4:21 pm

Indigo Rose wrote:This may seem a little off topic, but I wonder if Matt or Trey really like Fresca. It seems like a pretty random soda to use. (It is seriously, really really good though.)

Never tried one i don`t think the sell it in england. :(
Kyle: Why? How could you do this? There are people starving in Alabama and you give Cartman a million dollars?

Cartman: Line? Lines! I HATE LINES!!!
ushankasrockmysocks

Postby ushankasrockmysocks » Thu Nov 08, 2007 5:32 pm

strumpfhose wrote:
jenlars wrote:As a Matt-centric fan, I interpreted this episode to be a response to all those people who always ask, "What does Matt do?!" (see imdb boards, etc)...maybe I read too much into it, but I'll happily believe this was Trey saying he needs Matt, even if on the surface Trey is the one who "does" more.

Can't remember what program it was (Letterman or Kimmel or one of those ayways...) where Trey was the guest by himself for the first time in '98, without Matt. And he said "I'm nothing without Matt". I thought that was pretty touching, although he said it kinda jokingly...
Oh yeah. I never thought of it that way. I like this idea! I think it's probably largely true, too. I doubt the idea was based on them, but in the end it certainly fit them well enough. The similarities, even if they were unintentional at first, must have occured to them, and Trey in particular while he was writing the episode's dialogue.

This episode wasn't fantastic, IMO, but it wasn't bad either. The ending, however, WAS fantastic. Not only were Stan and Kyle called out for being total game-whores, for which the only true reward really is being a dumb*ss, but their friendship, which they worked so hard to rebuild and which was the "point" of the episode, was totally dumped on and satirized. I wouldn't be surprised if the entire episode was based on the idea that "guitar hero players are f*gs." From there, you get the idea of exposing guitar hero for the uncool thing that it basically is, and also the idea of showing just how "f*ggy" Stan and Kyle's friendship can be.

I think this ranks as one of the series' best surprise endings, maybe not as good as the "All those damn nig-" ending, but not too far away from it either.
muterlater

Postby muterlater » Thu Nov 08, 2007 6:00 pm

A shame they wasted an episode on making this statement... Come on dudes, theres only 1 episode left this season, better make me happy and laugh :evil:
Sonic Man78

Postby Sonic Man78 » Thu Nov 08, 2007 6:01 pm

This was an okay episode, not their best, but it was okay. I got a kick out of the parodies they tossed along with Guitar Hero, like Heroin Hero and Rehab Hero :LOL: I will admit that the suprise ending was funny. "Congratulations, you've reached 1,000,000 points! You... Are... F*GS!!" <---- BRILLIANT.

If you spend so much time playing Guitar Hero, you might as well pick up a real guitar instead. It's more rewarding, too.
"Bullies beware! The Hero Signal means you'll be hurting now!"
Flowbie

Postby Flowbie » Thu Nov 08, 2007 6:23 pm

Pretty good ep. Randy kicked ass, as always. Anyone notice that bigass pile of coke that guy had his face in at the party?

Acoustic guitar hero was hilarious :D

This has been an excellent season all around though. Hope the last one is good too, gonna be some lonely wednesdays without new eps. :timmy:
cactuswolf1983

Postby cactuswolf1983 » Thu Nov 08, 2007 6:49 pm

A good episode...not great but good. It was definitely funny but not "laugh out loud" funny, which I usually prefer. Great Guitar Hero parody, and the ending was awesome. It was funny how serious everyone was taking Guitar Hero. It's like people in real life who are good at the game and think they can play guitar. Anyways....I give it a B.

The second half of Season 11 is slightly disappointing...at least compared to the first half. Anyways...here are my scores for this season.

1101 - With Apologies To Jesse Jackson: B+
1102 - Cartman Sucks: A
1103 - Lice Capades: A
1104 - The Snuke: B+
1105 - Fantastic Easter Special: A
1106 - D-Yikes!: A
1107 - Night of the Living Homeless: A
1108 - Le Petit Tourette: A
1109 - More Crap: A+
1110 - Imaginationland: C+
1111 - Imaginationland II: B
1112 - Imaginationland III: B
1113 - Guitar Queer-o: B

Here's hoping they finish the season with a bang! By the way, am I the only one who thought the Imaginationland trilogy was way too drawn out?

Return to “Spoilers/New Episode Discussion”